PDA

View Full Version : Lock box tier prices make no sense?

manifesto
04-14-2013, 06:14 PM
Whats the point of spending 64 key codes on a tier 4 box to get four items when you could buy two tier 3 boxes for less key codes and get six items? I do not understand this haha. It doesn't seem like you get any better items in the tier 4 than tier 2 even, the items seem completely random.

RegularX
04-14-2013, 06:15 PM
Whats the point of spending 64 key codes on a tier 4 box to get four items when you could buy two tier 3 boxes for less key codes and get six items? I do not understand this haha. It doesn't seem like you get any better items in the tier 4 than tier 2 even, the items seem completely random.

I wondered the same, but it has been shown that the higher tiers also give better chances at rarer items.

Still, I think a lot of people find tier 3 the sweet spot.

SlashZaku
04-14-2013, 06:29 PM
I wondered the same, but it has been shown that the higher tiers also give better chances at rarer items.

Still, I think a lot of people find tier 3 the sweet spot.I've gotten green items in Tier 4 but I've only opened like 3, maybe 4 of them. Mostly gone with Tier 3 myself. The gap from 24 to 64 is quite odd though, even despite the chances (but like I said, I've gotten green items in T4 but I'm sure my Legendary Shield and Sniper are from T3s).

And really, for a few keys more (72), you can get 3 T3 boxes. I haven't looked at the chances/probability of the boxes though. 72 keys + 6000 scrip = 9 items vs 64 keys + 6000 scrip = 8 items w/ the possibility of a higher chance for rare/legendary items.

Meh.

malaclypse
04-14-2013, 06:42 PM
money sink. tier 3 ftw.