PDA

View Full Version : i find it funny

watk
04-14-2013, 06:24 PM
I find it funny how all the fanboys immediately jump down the throats of anyone who has anything negative to say. But when you go into one of the few post where someone is praising the game its the exact opposite. The people who are dissapointed by numerous issues aren't rude to other poster until they are attacked and when they respond negatively to some fanboy, that fanboy compains to an administrator so the persons post get removed. All of you who feel the need to attack someone cause their unhappy with the game need to grow up. If you compare the negative threads to the complimentary threads you'd see alot more negative probably 3:1 ratio. This doesn't include the threads asking questions or wanting to trade, etc. I wonder hwlong it will take some ******* come in this thread and rip on me cause I stated a fact

RookieOnDuty
04-14-2013, 06:32 PM
The main reason why the "fanboys" jump others that say something negative, is because more often than not its just about that they hate the game.

They don't even try to elaborate on it its mostly just, " I HATE THIS GAME AND I THOUGHT EVERYBODY SHOULD KNOW."

If people only explain in a little more detail why the hate it, then it would just be an ordinary discussion, although I can't deny that there probably are people who would just flame anyone for no reason.

RookieOnDuty
04-14-2013, 06:37 PM
Take a look at this thread, he may not like the game, or maybe he's just a troll, could be both.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?36041-By-Far-the-WORST-MMO-Ever

This is what most of these, "negative" threads about the game, and no offense but he is just being an a*s.

Shinji Ex
04-14-2013, 06:46 PM
Hey at least Defiance is better than Borderlands :)

J_matt
04-14-2013, 06:49 PM
Because a lot of negative threads are just about people who just hates the game and dont go into detail as to why and expect to either wanting everyone think like them or they just troll mostly. When people say they love the game the same people who hate it then jump on them because they dont see their point or just wanna troll.

I enjoy the game there are a lot of annoying bugs but nothing to make me hate it and quit it because these bugs can be fixed.... people just need to give it time. you cant just hate a game within 10 minutes

jonwes
04-14-2013, 07:05 PM
I actually don't mind that negative posts exist (the game has issues which need to be fixed, so criticism is a good thing) so much as the repetitive posts where everyone thinks they should start a new post to say they don't like the game. And rarely are they articulate or well thought out. Usually just "this game is the sucks" or "I'm going to take it back, worst thing ever!" variety. There is no way to respond to those sort of posts other than derision, frankly.

watk
04-14-2013, 08:47 PM
I hear what all of you are saying but sometimes people will say something specific and still get jumped for no reason. Voice cat has been a big one you'll have someone talk about how tere use t doesn't work properly. Then you have 10 pages of morons talking about how voice chat is stupid and so on. If you don't have anything relative to say don't say it. By th way I appreciate no one being offenssive

RookieOnDuty
04-14-2013, 09:01 PM
I hear what all of you are saying but sometimes people will say something specific and still get jumped for no reason. Voice cat has been a big one you'll have someone talk about how tere use t doesn't work properly. Then you have 10 pages of morons talking about how voice chat is stupid and so on. If you don't have anything relative to say don't say it. By th way I appreciate no one being offenssive

I agree with you. But there are threads that point out the games flaws with details on why people doesn't like it, and even though it should have been meant as constructive criticism, but some miss interpret it and thus begin hammering down on them, or they simply just like hammering on others.

That is unacceptable, but there is really nothing to do about it.

I think that a post that points out a games flaws, are some of the best chances to find a good discussion, although they can be difficult to find, especially one that doesn't involve a lot of hate and flaming.

SGTquig
04-14-2013, 09:34 PM
The game has a few flaws, but this uncharted ground for a PS3. No other game on the PS3 is an MMO, so there will be bugs and gliitches. The game is also (almost) two weeks old. How long did it take WoW toget things right? I'm sure it wasn't 13 days. There is a lot of positives and some negatives,but the good outweighs the bad.

Live2Reap
04-14-2013, 09:45 PM
I actually encourage people to post their negative thoughts towards the game so long as they are well thought intelligent posts and not just bashing for the sake of bashing.

I mean everyone gets sick of TROLOLO DIS GAEM SUKZ after a while right?

Besides it seems like the people who "don't like the game" are more hostile than the ones who do like it when someone doesn't agree with them to me.

Sludge
04-14-2013, 10:05 PM
What I've found over the history of MMOs that I've played is when people write criticisms fairly, offering up evidence and justifications for their ideas (kind of like an essay in university), the gibbering mass of rabid "fanboys" steer clear of it, at least until someone quotes your entire three-page thread and the only thing they type is "^".

The threads that devolve quickly are, as has been pointed out before, the ones posted by people who don't take the time to spell check, or add punctuation, or provide evidence or justification for what they are discussing. Unfortunately, the majority of threads exist in this second, much more common realm of internet stupidity.

Oh, and cuss words are some kind of crazy person magnet. It's like those chained asterisks just absorb stupidity.

watk
04-14-2013, 10:09 PM
Fantastic comment sludge

jonwes
04-14-2013, 10:29 PM
What I've found over the history of MMOs that I've played is when people write criticisms fairly, offering up evidence and justifications for their ideas (kind of like an essay in university), the gibbering mass of rabid "fanboys" steer clear of it, at least until someone quotes your entire three-page thread and the only thing they type is "^".

The threads that devolve quickly are, as has been pointed out before, the ones posted by people who don't take the time to spell check, or add punctuation, or provide evidence or justification for what they are discussing. Unfortunately, the majority of threads exist in this second, much more common realm of internet stupidity.

Oh, and cuss words are some kind of crazy person magnet. It's like those chained asterisks just absorb stupidity.

In the end, there are all kinds of gibbering people - who like the game and who do not like the game. I don't think either "camp" can say they don't have that extreme element. The fact of the matter is, some people just seem to have limited tools with which to express themselves or at least don't care to use them on a message board. Whether it's because of their age or mentality or whatever... interesting topics on here seem few and far between, and still rarer are people who want to discuss anything with some decorum. To be honest, I've almost run into the hills because of it. Between everyone trying to one-up each other and the repetitive posts that bury all the interesting ones (because they are magnets for the same people chiming in about the same things over and over) it's been rough going, and I've been a part of plenty of message board.

But, over time I've had to adjust my strategy. Usually I look at the newest posts. Here, I have to do searches to seek out interesting topics to wade through all the repetition. Thankfully the PS3 is something of an oasis from that.

Greyfox
04-15-2013, 03:08 AM
I'm just sick of people asking them to nurf things in an already easy game.. i'd like to watch these people play dark souls lol

Greycut
04-15-2013, 04:27 AM
I'm just sick of people asking them to nurf things in an already easy game.. i'd like to watch these people play dark souls lol

The CO-OP maps need a definite tweak. Those maps should run a good team ragged and actually offer failure.

SGTquig
04-15-2013, 06:46 AM

I remember the Atlus forum when Demon's Souls came. There was SO much crying I thought I was in the newborn section of the hospital. I wouldn't be able to read the crying on the Dark Souls forums... LOL!

RookieOnDuty
04-15-2013, 06:48 AM

They would most likely cry their eyes out, or rage enough to throw the controller through the screen.

Rusty
04-15-2013, 07:42 AM
raw raw raw fart rainbows unicorns smell it:cool:

BADASSITUDE
04-15-2013, 08:01 AM
You actually have to be kidding or CLUELESS, probably the latter. Defiance has the most difficult interface anyone ever invented, Hard to navigate, hard to understand, don't even get to the server issues.
The World and the Graphics are beautiful, But getting killed every time you meet more than 3 or 4 bad guys is just bad game design. I really like how all the the players are invisible players in the combat mode . . . Excellent Game design . . . Sorry, I'm kidding, now.
Still waiting for my Dodge Charger I preordered, It's been a week and still nothing . . .
Borderlands was FUN, and Humorous and Sexy. There is Nothing about Defiance that I've seen so far that could be classified as fun. It is just stiff and poorly scripted. If you find even one fun thing, please let the world know. It is probably the worst time I've ever spent gaming, and certainly the worst Sixty Dollars I've ever flushed down the toilet.
BTW, Maybe you ought to actually Play Borderlands. 1st or the second either one of them blows Defiance out of the water in term of FUN and Gameplay.

Hey at least Defiance is better than Borderlands :)

MrSpaM
04-15-2013, 08:58 AM
99% of negative threads are made by people who don't even own the game, and are basing their opinion of the game on that Angry Joe rant video.

FACT

Khufu
04-15-2013, 09:56 AM
99% of negative threads are made by people who don't even own the game, and are basing their opinion of the game on that Angry Joe rant video.

FACT

Prove it. If it's a "fact" there should be ample proof.

Dabbasaur
04-15-2013, 11:12 AM
Prove it. If it's a "fact" there should be ample proof.

There really is not enough proof to justify if they are or not. It could go both ways. Where's the proof that they're not just watching videos? Or watching their friend play? (in my case my friends went and bought it lol)

zeohn
04-15-2013, 01:15 PM
I find it funny how all the fanboys immediately jump down the throats of anyone who has anything negative to say. But when you go into one of the few post where someone is praising the game its the exact opposite. The people who are dissapointed by numerous issues aren't rude to other poster until they are attacked and when they respond negatively to some fanboy, that fanboy compains to an administrator so the persons post get removed. All of you who feel the need to attack someone cause their unhappy with the game need to grow up. If you compare the negative threads to the complimentary threads you'd see alot more negative probably 3:1 ratio. This doesn't include the threads asking questions or wanting to trade, etc. I wonder hwlong it will take some ******* come in this thread and rip on me cause I stated a fact

a bunch of ******S

MONKEYKING
11-19-2019, 05:12 AM
Hi guys. For me, writing an essay is a game of creativity, and since I have had problems with creativity since childhood, I do not want to write them and will not. I am looking for a good site that specializes in providing essay writing services. If you know, tell on this site https://studymoose.com/conclusion-generator a team of more than 3,000 writers who have essay writing skills. To order text from them, I just need to give an essay topic and wait for their writers to do their work? Will there be a guarantee that I will get good grades for what they write to me?

Seriously? Like not only did you nekro a thread but one from 2013! Not to mention this is a video game forum not a tutor. Smdh....

KevinVonBach
11-19-2019, 06:00 AM
2013 necro bump reported