PDA

View Full Version : Lost in questions...

Twila
04-14-2013, 06:35 PM
First, forgive me, I'm a noob. I've never played an mmorpg before...no, not even w.o.w. so much of what I'm about to ask is probably considered stupid questions, but how am I supposed to know? :confused:

Second, I don't have/was never given a manual, so before anyone replies with "read your manual", I don't have one. It didn't come in my games case which I bought brand new, never opened.

Third, I tried to find answers in the "info" section, but they were horribly lacking detail and clarity.
For instance, I tried to find out how to get "bits" to by a lockbox, and a look in the "info" section tells me only what I already knew...that a bit can be used to purchase a lockbox. Well gee, thanks. Now how do I acquire said bits please? You get the point.

Now to a few questions:

1. Isn't a lockbox the same as item storage ie: bank?

2. I bought a lockbox with microsoft points (4 tier)...where is it? I went to a lockbox expecting more room but it was the same as before and no new items.

3. I see people running around in full body armor (like knights in camo armor)...where/how do i get that stuff?

4. I haven't been able to mod a weapon yet, (not high enough lvl maybe...or not enuf script...or not enuf something else I don't understand how to use, I presume) no solid explanation as to why I can't, or for that matter how to do it. (I'm a 1st time mmorpg player...do all mmorpgs expect the players to be mind readers/psychics?) Anyway, there are 4 mods in my inventory that I can't figure out how to put on a weapon yet...if and when I do figure it out, will they no longer be taking up spaces in my inventory? Please say yes!

5. I do 1 small side mission (don't know what they are called(again, no manual to refer to)), and I pick up some dropped stuff afterwards/during and I'm full. I run out of room way to fast. This can't be right. Is there some way to hold more stuff when you are a lvl 70 like me?

Michifornian
04-14-2013, 06:39 PM
First, forgive me, I'm a noob. I've never played an mmorpg before...no, not even w.o.w. so much of what I'm about to ask is probably considered stupid questions, but how am I supposed to know? :confused:

Second, I don't have/was never given a manual, so before anyone replies with "read your manual", I don't have one. It didn't come in my games case which I bought brand new, never opened.

Third, I tried to find answers in the "info" section, but they were horribly lacking detail and clarity.
For instance, I tried to find out how to get "bits" to by a lockbox, and a look in the "info" section tells me only what I already knew...that a bit can be used to purchase a lockbox. Well gee, thanks. Now how do I acquire said bits please? You get the point.

Now to a few questions:

1. Isn't a lockbox the same as item storage ie: bank?

2. I bought a lockbox with microsoft points (4 tier)...where is it? I went to a lockbox expecting more room but it was the same as before and no new items.

3. I see people running around in full body armor (like knights in camo armor)...where/how do i get that stuff?

4. I haven't been able to mod a weapon yet, (not high enough lvl maybe...or not enuf script...or not enuf something else I don't understand how to use, I presume) no solid explanation as to why I can't, or for that matter how to do it. (I'm a 1st time mmorpg player...do all mmorpgs expect the players to be mind readers/psychics?) Anyway, there are 4 mods in my inventory that I can't figure out how to put on a weapon yet...if and when I do figure it out, will they no longer be taking up spaces in my inventory? Please say yes!

5. I do 1 small side mission (don't know what they are called(again, no manual to refer to)), and I pick up some dropped stuff afterwards/during and I'm full. I run out of room way to fast. This can't be right. Is there some way to hold more stuff when you are a lvl 70 like me?

No, lockbox is not a storage, it just contains weapons that you have traded in ark salvage (the green currency you pick up) and keycodes for.

The items inside the lockbox are now in your inventory.

You have to buy that type of armor with bits, which you have to spend microsoft points to be able to purchase items in the Defiance Store, in essence it costs real money.

I think you start modding weapons at EGO level 250.

Yes, you can purchase inventory spaces in the Defiance store, again that costs bits, which you buy with MS points, which you buy with real money. You also gain inventory spots as you gain EGO levels.

The Notorious Crunchwrap
04-14-2013, 06:40 PM
1. Lock boxes are just ways of purchasing new equipment. Buying a lockbox gives random weapons in your inventory.
2. See 1
3. I'm guessing you're referring to the outfit people got from buying the collector or special edition.
4. You need weapon mods to actually apply to the weapon. These can be bought at vendors.
5. You can sell the stuff you don't use anymore and you unlock more inventory slots as your ego ranks up.

Crystalyze
04-14-2013, 06:43 PM
lock boxes gives you guns tier 4 are more likely rare to access the one you baught youll have to go to the defiance store! how to get there is bring up map or inventory and hit lt and use the wheel to go the defiance store the suits those are preorder and some are buyable from the ingame store. visit local vendors and sell some of the older stuff you have to clear up space in your inventory also the higher ego you get the more inventory space you recieve

Pelaquin
04-14-2013, 06:47 PM

Now to a few questions:

1. Isn't a lockbox the same as item storage ie: bank?.

No a lockbox is where you buy mods and roll for weapons using scrip ( currency ) and crystals/keystones i think they are called, there is no bank in the game.

Press the back button then go go to defiance store, you will see the items you can claim, then press the claim items at the bottom, thats where you get your rewards.

From completing quests and main mission and pursuits, also from paying real cash i think.

Look at a weapon it will have four boxes, one for a stock, a sight, a barrel and something else my minds gone blank lol, if one of those boxes it empty you need to add a mod slot to that weapon, this costs salvage that you get from breaking down **** you dont need, to add a mod just make sure you have the right part and select add mod and you should see the part you need to add and select start.

Go google and type in Defiance arkfall Codes, there are 172 i believe, once you have them from the wiki or where ever you can link your account from here to your account on the xbox and once you have done that enter as many codes as you need and then you will get more inventory slots, also as you level up you gain some so dont worry, you will eventally have more than enough.

I hope that helped, its 3am and im tired so thats the best your getting from me :P.