PDA

View Full Version : Time trials and Hotshot missions r too hard

Wadgod
04-14-2013, 06:51 PM
Many of the later time trials and hot shots need to be made much easier so that more then just the super badass players can actually do them.... spent over 3 hours trying to do the mine alley time trial and got screwed out of even bronze 9/10 times cause i didnt have enough time and the atv doesnt handle or turn for crap. not everyone is a pro racer that can do this stuff, my runner skill is maxed (and possibly bugged since my skill is 39 and i can see no stats) and i find it next to impossible to do some of these time trials

After the bolinas sniper hotshot challenge i never want to use a sniper again...ever. that mission was bs enemies moved constantly, often hid out of line of sight for minutes at a time forcing my multiplier to reset, didnt have enough ammo, multiplier reset far too quickly im using a sniper not a mini gun i need a reasonable amount of time to set of my shot since i need to conserve ammo.

The moonshine shack shotgun one also fails miserably really a hulker i cant ever get bronze by the time he shows up and ammo isnt always returned on each kill like its supposed to be (possible bug) and god forbid you can sprint or roll in these missions and enemies actually MISSING every now and then cant have that must hit u on every shot and shoot you through buildings >_<

All in all not everyone is good enough to do these missions theres a difference between challenging and rewarding and next to impossible and frustrating beyond words. If this game was P2P i would quit solely because of the insane difficulty of some of these missions.

Theres my rant feeling much better now

Froggyman
04-14-2013, 07:02 PM
I do not believe most of these missions are too difficult. I consider myself an average player. I have eyesight issues that carry over into most shooters, this one included, and sometimes am completely terrible at sighting targets quickly, or aiming accurately. My personal issues aside, I have currently silvered every single challenge, and I have earned the black charger from earning a gold on each race.

These CAN be done with practice, and patience. They are not supposed to be easy, they are challenges. Anything that takes a player out of their comfort zone can be an incredible challenge, forcing challenges to be done with a specific gun type, and a specific gun, emphasize the use of skill instead of stat gains. You become good at the challenge BY doing the challenge, and while some people are going to struggle much more than others with certain tasks, that does not make them incompletable by any means, nor do I think it would be fair for the difficulty to be adjusted.

I understand your frustration. Truly I do, but in this instance, from what I have personally seen and experienced, I think it would be a very bad idea to scale down the challenges and make them easier...with the exception of the chicken one. THAT one is a little much.

Ensu
04-14-2013, 07:05 PM
Tips:

Be patient.

Space out your kills more evenly, to maintain your multiplier.

Coloured chickens restore ammo.

Try tapping A and D rather than holding, when you need more finesse.

Use Boost on hills rather than the flat.

Never leave your Boost bar full.

Pay attention to the shape of hills and obstacles. The shape of an incline can be the difference between launching over the next hill, or having to drive up and down it.

If you want to restart, just E off your vehicle at any time.

Natjur
04-14-2013, 07:06 PM
I had no issue getting silver on most mission first time. Gold, well that should be hard to get...
My only issue is the lag stealing my gold times by adding 3-6 seconds when my clock compares to the server clock.

Wadgod
04-14-2013, 07:12 PM
already know all the best ways to do the trials my boost bar is never full not about what im doing, about the fact that the game seems designed to screw you as many times as possible at key moments, such as when u run over a blade of grass and end up spinning out or hit a hill at the perfect angel and and go in a totally different direction or run into in invisible monarch and explode -_-

BrassRazoo
04-14-2013, 07:27 PM
Although I have at least silver in all the hotshot / rampage challenges for the zone completion pursuits, and Gold for time trials, which was hard with time added, I do agree that some things could to be tweeked a bit.
Some of the rings are placed in very challenging areas, either on top of barricades or rocks or in the middle of areas where large enemies (mostly bugs) spawn.
Also with the hotshots, especially the sniper challenges, enemies often move to areas where it is either hard to target (can only see a foot) or impossible to target.
Anyway my tips for the racing would be to try and memorize where the boost rings are and keep a little boost in reserve for just before you hit that ring so you can string together a long boost. Also, as mentioned, save a bit for that uphill burst or a tight turn to get you moving fast.
With the hotshots and rampage practice makes perfect.
Remember spawn locations and orders, position yourself in the ideal spot. Often for rampage there is a "sweet spot" that protects your body while still being able to shoot them (walling).
With hotshot, multipliers are the key, try and kill the "little ones" as much with one shot and save the "big ones" till last to maximise your bonus.
If need be watch a few videos on YouTube, maybe that will give you a better idea of what others are doing to complete them.

Wabbles
04-14-2013, 07:28 PM
I usually use half my boost in the non-boost stretches and save them for parts I know I will slow down on. I also try not to get unnecessary air time because your speed will diminish the longer your in the air. I have noticed the clock is off by abit but I only concern myself getting gold. Bloodbath Gorge was a pain.

sp00s
04-14-2013, 08:00 PM
I like the fact it takes me multiple tries to get a gold instead of having it handed to me. Games don't give that sense of accomplishment anymore.

foxsyd
04-14-2013, 08:12 PM
I don't do anything that involves a timer, tried some of the first ones, failed all of course, too hard for me. Already takes me forever to do all the normal missions.

Multigun
04-14-2013, 08:41 PM
It really is just practice. Particular missions are going to be harder and easier depending on your skill set. I had a heck of a time with Rampage: Hamburger Hill and my buddy breezed through with Gold on his second try. On the Chicken mission, I got gold on my second try, he spent almost 2 hours trying to complete it. Challenges are what they say they are, challenges. Having the server add time onto your time trial is a server bug of some sort and I can't stand it, but I know it will get fixed soon. Patience is all I can preach for now. Perhaps instead of asking them to nerf the challenges, maybe asking the many other people who have completed them for tips on those specific challenges might be a better course of action? I'm sure a lot of these frustrations will be easier to handle once they have some actual in game chat to ask for advice of other players.

Rin9les
04-16-2013, 02:34 AM
Got no problems with the trials and hotshots being hard, some are enjoyable and others need a kick in the nuts.
For pursuit completion though, the requirement for each should be bronze not silver, that way most peeps could complete an area and move on without resorting to keyboard smashing or pulling their hair out.

Then there could be a more detailed pursuit for hotshots silver, and gold - likewise trials silver and gold.

That way if like me you have had enough of project Gotham defiance, then you can move on after completing an area and get the ego reward.

Katosu
04-16-2013, 02:50 AM
Honestly, persuits are optional and help you level faster. I feel like they're more along the lines of achievements with rewards.

I've completed all trials with a Gold. Time, Rampage, etc... It's not too difficult, and I understand the frustration, but I also had to put in time to get Golds. I could have stopped at Silver very easy multiple times, or heck - even bronze in some cases (There was one shotgun one that I was abso-freaking-lutely furious at), but to me it would have cheapened the reward.

I think things are fine where they are at right now. The Meta being silver means you have to be challenged without making the game necessarily impossible or inaccessible for the everyday gamer. But there needs to be a challenge for achievements - otherwise it's not an achievement and you'll cheapen the overall feel, y'know? =/

Orbital
04-16-2013, 03:14 AM
i was having troubles with the time trials at first, I changed my boost button to a better button (for me on mouse) and have been able to get silver on every one without much troubles. Run it once or twice and figure out were the main obstacles are and learn from it.

Nattehauk
04-17-2013, 01:24 PM
Time trials ain't to hard. I'm a noob and even I get the gold after some tries with the +3 second bug.
Don't turn this into World of Warcraft which has been ruined by whiners that are to lazy to try things twice to get rewarded for effort. What I'm wondering about are the people that manage to get times down to 1 minute better than a person doing a perfect run with zero mistakes. Are there a warp speed hax I'm not aware of ?

Jestunhi
04-17-2013, 01:35 PM
These threads make me laugh.

I'm solidly mediocre. I got golds in the time trials easily, but am having some issues with some challenges.

But personally I prefer a challenge to be challenging, so I'm not complaining. If anything the change needed is for time trials to have shorter times for each medal as they are too easy.

EnabrimGFC
04-17-2013, 03:19 PM
Personally don't think their TOO hard as I've gotten ATLEAST a sliver medal on every challenge but I understand your frustration. Reservoir Chickens made me want to hurt someone but I think every game needs a little bit of flame and frustration.

Tob
04-20-2013, 02:28 PM
I do not believe most of these missions are too difficult. I consider myself an average player. I have eyesight issues that carry over into most shooters, this one included, and sometimes am completely terrible at sighting targets quickly, or aiming accurately. My personal issues aside, I have currently silvered every single challenge, and I have earned the black charger from earning a gold on each race.

These CAN be done with practice, and patience. They are not supposed to be easy, they are challenges. Anything that takes a player out of their comfort zone can be an incredible challenge, forcing challenges to be done with a specific gun type, and a specific gun, emphasize the use of skill instead of stat gains. You become good at the challenge BY doing the challenge, and while some people are going to struggle much more than others with certain tasks, that does not make them incompletable by any means, nor do I think it would be fair for the difficulty to be adjusted.

I understand your frustration. Truly I do, but in this instance, from what I have personally seen and experienced, I think it would be a very bad idea to scale down the challenges and make them easier...with the exception of the chicken one. THAT one is a little much.

Completely agree. They're called challenges for a reason. Yes they're tough, wouldn't be a challenge if they weren't. And yes I have a tough time with some too. Having only one eye my perception is a bit skewed but with enough tries and practice I CAN eventually do it. There's a much greater sense of accomplishment and triumph when I overcome something that's been a particular pain in the ***. It's one of the things I love about this game and I really hope the challenges don't get nerfed. A few tweaks to work out the bugs is fine but I see nothing wrong with the difficulty level.

Kodo
04-20-2013, 02:30 PM
You just gotta keep at it, I got all of them done in the first try besides the time trials in San Francisco, those ones were a lil tougher for me.

CommanderJameson
04-25-2013, 12:49 PM
For pursuit completion though, the requirement for each should be bronze not silver, that way most peeps could complete an area and move on without resorting to keyboard smashing or pulling their hair out.
I'm totally with you on this. I just failed moonlight shack for the 100th time, I'm hesitating between uninstalling the game or killing a trion representative. Of course, I'm joking for the last part :)
Anyway, I'm looking for fun when I play a game, not frustration: I would not recommand Defiance to anybody until something is done for that matter. And I'll probably pause the game for a few days or weeks, this is enough nervousness for me.

Blackwolfe
04-25-2013, 12:53 PM
Colored chickens restore ammo? O.o this was new to me. I made silver even without killing those.

Iceberg
04-25-2013, 01:01 PM
That chicken hotshot one was insane. They would load the chicken up on the pole right before the farmer got to it, there was maybe a quarter of a second time between it appearing, and the farmer grabbing it. With 3 farmers all running around I had a hell of a time trying to even finish that one.

There was also a hellbug hotshot with a mini gun (ravager?). Did ok for the first minute, but on the last minute the medium size guys just go underground, pop up right under me and knock me out of the small circle.

Archangel
04-25-2013, 01:03 PM
I hate to be this blunt about this topic but....

If your not one of those uber players... You know what makes a player uber? Practice.

I see you invested hours into 1 race which would bring me to a few questions.

1. Are you on a controller or keyboard/mouse
2. Skills max at 20 so i would create a support ticket with Trion since having higher skills in your rollers is key to getting gold on some of the races.
3. how much lag do you get when driving? Lower resolution and graphics to help smooth out your runs.

These time trials dont need to be dumbed down so everyone gets gold. That takes the incentive to try try again and get better.

Think about it this way.

In Mario Bros on the NES. People found the maps with the 1x1 blocks very difficult. trying to jump from one block to the next without falling between was difficult. But once you figured out that speed running across them prevented you from falling down they became easier.

Same thing for most games.

Just slow down, have patience, and try to give yourself as much practice as you can. Even if you fail in mid run try to finish.

Or

Run through the areas that trouble you then reset till you get those areas down pat.

Guitar Hero wasn't made easier when not everyone could play Fury of the Storm by Dragon Force on Expert. It was just those who could do it that got the achievement. To nerf the song so everyone wins would ruin the fact its meant to challenge.

So sorry to be the voice of devils advocate but your going to run into this in life as well. Not everyone gets to be an Astronaut like Axe Body wash suggest us all to be.

Ciannon
04-25-2013, 01:04 PM
OMFG... Time trials are harder than Justin Beiber in front of Salena Gomez.

Scarfe
04-25-2013, 01:06 PM
I agree with post above (I mean above the erm 'joke'; Archangel's two up). Frankly I find repeating the same content incredibly tedious, but I am quite content with the fact it means I will have to live with silver on a lot of races rather than gold. I would rather that than see everything nerfed just to cater for my laziness/ lack of interest.

Archangel
04-25-2013, 01:08 PM
Now i have ran into issues where the Dynamic Emergencies will pop up on the race track. These i had to just chalk up to a "Try Again" and would bail off the ride and clear them out.

Sometimes more than once.

BubbaKeg
04-25-2013, 01:18 PM
I've finished everything with gold, and don't consider myself a hardcore player. My only advice, make sure you level up your car types and weapon types that matter to the particular mission you are trying to get silver/gold on. I couldn't even get close to silver on any race early on, but once I leveled my cars to 20, they are a breeze. You don't even have to be perfect on the races, just don't go off into a wrong direction.

My friends have been having trouble with some of the rampages, but with time I'm now seeing more of them getting excited for completing the rampages with silvers/golds. Not everything is meant to be completed first try. I spent several hours on different missions to complete them, learning different ways to approach the fights. If you are getting frustrated, return at a later time, maybe look up some strategies. Try to improve in someway when you fail to achieve the goal, that way you may achieve it at some point and it will feel that much more gratifying. Nothing says you must complete everything, immediately, like the "hard-core" players.

Castiel Krios
04-25-2013, 01:26 PM
I dont find the time trails to be all that difficult unless I'm trying to beat the top ranked gold time xD but the rampage missions I do find to be rather difficult to get more than a silver on as majority of the time I'm struggling just to achieve a bronze score.

fourdub
04-25-2013, 03:36 PM
For older people like myself and a few others i know who play this game. Getting silver (for the pursuits) on the trials/hotshots/rampage/ect ect is next to impossible. My hands dont work like they used to. they havent for many years.

While i can still play the game (beat storyline, and almsot all side quests) and have fun, things that require hardcore dexterity(trials), i wont ever get. And that basicly screws over a small % of people who will never ever get the area pursuits.

Basicly i lose about 400 ego points, by not being able to complete any of the area pursuits. it would be an awesome idea to change those racing/rampage/hotshot pursuits into their own sub-division. That way i can still be rewarded for exploring the whole area, and finishing the quests, and finding the data recorders.

if that makes any sence.

Archangel
04-25-2013, 03:47 PM
For older people like myself and a few others i know who play this game. Getting silver (for the pursuits) on the trials/hotshots/rampage/ect ect is next to impossible. My hands dont work like they used to. they havent for many years.

While i can still play the game (beat storyline, and almsot all side quests) and have fun, things that require hardcore dexterity(trials), i wont ever get. And that basicly screws over a small % of people who will never ever get the area pursuits.

Basicly i lose about 400 ego points, by not being able to complete any of the area pursuits. it would be an awesome idea to change those racing/rampage/hotshot pursuits into their own sub-division. That way i can still be rewarded for exploring the whole area, and finishing the quests, and finding the data recorders.

if that makes any sence.

I understand where your comming from. My father of 62 plays games like Diablo 3, WoW, and has tried others out like FFXI and even Defiance.

But if your hands dont move like they used to then i would recommend using a controller.

The Xbox usb controller hooks right up and right away can be used for driving.

also

The movements when racing dont tend to be big ones. Its about tapping the nose of your quad in the right direction while managing your speed and boosts.

It sucks to have to hold "W" while working your pinky finger over "Shift" then to manage "A" and "D" and "Spacebar" all at the same time.

My wife uses a controller and sometimes i did when the races were more challenging.

Castiel Krios
04-25-2013, 03:53 PM
I understand where your comming from. My father of 62 plays games like Diablo 3, WoW, and has tried others out like FFXI and even Defiance.

But if your hands dont move like they used to then i would recommend using a controller.

The Xbox usb controller hooks right up and right away can be used for driving.

also

The movements when racing dont tend to be big ones. Its about tapping the nose of your quad in the right direction while managing your speed and boosts.

It sucks to have to hold "W" while working your pinky finger over "Shift" then to manage "A" and "D" and "Spacebar" all at the same time.

My wife uses a controller and sometimes i did when the races were more challenging.

Does the xbox controller allow for movement with the left analog stick? I only ask because I have a logitech controller with a similar set up to a ps3 controller and my left analog is only usable for the quick menu options as well as a vehicle summon shortcut and im forced to use the d-pad on the left which I'm not too fond of.

Archangel
04-25-2013, 03:56 PM
Does the xbox controller allow for movement with the left analog stick? I only ask because I have a logitech controller with a similar set up to a ps3 controller and my left analog is only usable for the quick menu options as well as a vehicle summon shortcut and im forced to use the d-pad on the left which I'm not too fond of.

The left stick does movement and i think the right trigger does gas and "A" or the Green button does the E-brake slide.

The control map and buttons can be found in game where you can modify keys.

I think you have to first turn On key mapping then switch to controller or say show control mappings.

It then highlights the buttons if your in a vehicle or on the ground.

Archangel
04-25-2013, 03:57 PM
But once you connect the Xbox controller its automatic. Super easy to setup. Plug it in, and use. Nothing else required.

Airwave
04-25-2013, 04:07 PM
I couldn't get anything on time races after leveling up my ride a few bars I made Silver. Try that if your having trouble.

Castiel Krios
04-25-2013, 04:16 PM
The left stick does movement and i think the right trigger does gas and "A" or the Green button does the E-brake slide.

The control map and buttons can be found in game where you can modify keys.

I think you have to first turn On key mapping then switch to controller or say show control mappings.

It then highlights the buttons if your in a vehicle or on the ground.

Yea I was able to get the controls mapped out the way I liked except for switching the movement from the d-pad to the stick. Scoured the mapping options for about 15 minutes before I gave up and unplugged the controller. Not sure if the option is there or not but if it is I'll feel like an idiot lol. I'm using a http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/product/f310-gamepad Logitech F310 gamepad so I think the main issue is the placement of the analog stick versus a xbox controller. I might just need to buy one if remapping movement to the stick isnt possible.

Blackwolfe
04-25-2013, 04:18 PM
I really should plug my pc into my flatscreen and give my xbox 360 controller a spin :P (yeah, my desk is close enough to my sofa so that I can do that, hehe).

Clarkeh
04-25-2013, 04:54 PM
snip

Im curious whats your runner skill? I had problems with the time trials early game but after clearing main content and derping around with side pursuits i had lvled up my runner skill enough to tackle time trials with a reasonable amount of ease.

Adrena Chrome
04-25-2013, 05:00 PM
I agree. I would like to complete this part of the game but am unable too because my internet is poor and my controller wore out. So I understand gold is out of the question but I'm missing out of some 200 ego levels. Some in game tips would make all the difference.

Shismar
04-25-2013, 05:26 PM
keyboard/mouse
2. Skills max at 20 so i would create a support ticket with Trion since having higher skills in your rollers is key to getting gold on some of the races.

Time trials are runners. Not rollers.

Skill levels should not apply at either trials or challenges, afaik. But maybe that is bugged as well.

@OP
Moonshine shack is a pain due to ammo. get the scavenger perk, should have level 1 already from arkfall codes. It really helps.

Try using an Xbox controller for the time trials. I hear they make driving much easier.

Myself, I did have some issues but did get my silver with all of them after a number of attempts. Not going to do any of those ever again, of course. I understand that there are players who like these kind of mini games. Not one of them, sorry.

NuclearAnt
05-24-2013, 10:45 AM
What really get my blood boiling though is when I pass straight through the middle of a ring and not a damn thing happens. Especially when I barely nudged the ring before and got it. Blood Bath Run is my current arch nemesis. Hating those damn rocks in the middle of the course about half way through.

Also, runners handle like a *** * * ** * ** * * * ******* (yeah, that bad).

I do agree with some of the other posters though, it's good that challenges are actually challenging. I thought them impossible and was about to write a rather whiny post but at that very moment. TADA! Gold! AWESOME!

PhonJam
05-27-2013, 06:54 AM
Why does moonshine shack bronze 2000 jump to 8000 for silver (4X!!!!!!)? I've scored endless bronze since 2000 is doable, but 8000... with hulkers, blinding dust, raiders either hidden or magically appearing behind, missile shots that can turn corners, absurd spamming of raiders when cornered to flank all options, poor shotgun response to trigger pulls, some raiders who require two or three direct hits to take a kill... This challenge is clearly designed to not be completed. I've invested at least 50 hours trying to get silver and the closest I got was 7850 which was sheer luck. My average score is around 5000. Bronze, bronze, bronze,.... shxx!!!! At least lower the silver to 7000. I would have completed it a month ago.

Minos
05-27-2013, 07:42 AM
Both of the challenges can be a big pain because they're not your typically walk in the park so I don't mind if theey nerfed it but most of it is patience and practice. I know for a fact that most time trials I usually endup going for at least 3-6 runs before I get my hands at a silver or gold if not more; same thing with hotshot's. For time trials just hold shift to get full boost when you come across gates that auto fills your boost meter and most run they usually have a few together so thats a big help just gotta learn how to tap A and D to turn the runner. Hotshot can be a big issue when it comes to challenges like the sniper one and the chicken, what people need to start doing is use the ingame chat for advice and other stuff because I was able to get some good tips from people by just asking. Also if all else fails Youtube is your friend :p because chances are someone has a video with a few tips.

PhonJam
05-27-2013, 07:52 AM
Thanks for the reply. Some responses I've seen suggest using various perks to even the contest. I'm exhausted of patience so I need a perk to regen that right now.

Whippersnapper
05-27-2013, 09:00 AM
I find hotshot and rampage missions too hard.
The time trials I can do with practice. Sometimes I farm them.
The Rampages, I can't do even with practice. I think I was able to get a bronze medal in the Overpass Rampage yesterday in 50 tries.
Hotshots are the same. Hard for me.

Sdric
05-27-2013, 09:10 AM
You appear to be impatient and rage fast.
Try to keep calm, analyse your mistakes and you'll finish those hotshots and races.

Whippersnapper
05-27-2013, 11:28 AM
In my situation it's not rage.
In the rampages I get overwhelmed. There are just too many and I get swarmed. Which is of course the point. You're supposed to hold them back. Also, I may not be doing what's needed to get the higest/most multipliers for points

In hotshots its usually aiming and not getting the multipliers, or missing my multiplier kills. So it boils down to aiming. The chickens I cant aim and shoot fast enough for example.

Nubom
05-27-2013, 01:24 PM
Did most of them on gold in the first try. Two of them took me a few attempts, when I missed a turn and shot off a hill.

Yars Revenge
05-27-2013, 11:06 PM
Did most of them on gold in the first try. Two of them took me a few attempts, when I missed a turn and shot off a hill.

Yes, you're awesome. Have a cookie.

To the rest of us who are mortal, it takes a few tries to get the hang of things.

Level up your runner skill to 20 and the time trials become amazingly easier. Boost just before going through a gate with a ring in it to get a head start on the speed. Save some boost while in the air and hit it as you land since a lot of speed is lost on impact, it will slingshot you forward. Save some boost for uphill sections, it will help.

Search the name of any hotshots you are having problems with in this forum.

All mini-gun challenges have more ammo than you will use. Keep the trigger down (except when you need to move to a different area).

Moonshine Shack has an entire post that details the perks you should have enabled. After many tries without getting bronze, I adjusted my perks and got gold right away (the right perks basically give you nearly unlimited ammo).

The Underpass has a three part pattern moving clockwise. Once you get this down and know where the enemy is going to be coming from, things get easier.

The sniper challenges require a bit of a steady hand and remember, headshots kill faster and conserve ammo.

I'm an average player, so I use the forums and even YouTube to get a little help. If all else fails, Google is your friend. Just type exactly what you need help with and hit enter.

Timberella
11-14-2013, 09:38 AM
I don't do anything that involves a timer, tried some of the first ones, failed all of course, too hard for me. Already takes me forever to do all the normal missions.

I agree. The time trials are annoying but the shooting ones really make me mad. The only one I've tried is the Hotshot near at the beginning of the game. I can't sprint, I can't roll, I can't melee. I fall THOUSANDS of points short of the current leaders. Not that I'm going after their totals, mind you. I just want a stupid silver so I can finish one of the exploration achievements. After fighting with it for twenty minutes, I got frustrated and quit. I don't know I'm going to bother with any more. Other posters who say, "It was easy/I have silver or gold on all of them/etc." are either overly dedicated, naturally talented, or cheating. The 'cheating' tag goes to those who have racked up seemingly ABSURD scores. I mean, come on! HOW does a person score in the hundreds of thousands in the Hotshot trial!?! I can barely scrape up a couple of thousand.

Timberella
11-14-2013, 09:39 AM
You sir, are a liar or a cheat.

Timberella
11-14-2013, 09:43 AM
Both of the challenges can be a big pain because they're not your typically walk in the park so I don't mind if theey nerfed it but most of it is patience and practice. I know for a fact that most time trials I usually endup going for at least 3-6 runs before I get my hands at a silver or gold if not more; same thing with hotshot's. For time trials just hold shift to get full boost when you come across gates that auto fills your boost meter and most run they usually have a few together so thats a big help just gotta learn how to tap A and D to turn the runner. Hotshot can be a big issue when it comes to challenges like the sniper one and the chicken, what people need to start doing is use the ingame chat for advice and other stuff because I was able to get some good tips from people by just asking. Also if all else fails Youtube is your friend :p because chances are someone has a video with a few tips.

So far my in-game chat has been a monologue. Me: "Helloooo???" Others: *Crickets* At least I'm not getting trolls griefing me...so I've got that going for me.

Red Mephisto
11-14-2013, 10:32 AM
All time trials, and hotshots are a joke save maybe 3

Chicken shooting one, and the sniper ones......

Just be patient, and if its too hard (espaiccly the hot shot ones) just come back when your more comfortable with the driving.

At first there was like3 time trials that were too hard, but after a month of playing, I did them all first try.

Hexi
11-14-2013, 10:42 AM
At first there was like3 time trials that were too hard, but after a month of playing, I did them all first try.

Yeah and I'm sure it had *nothing* to do with the fact that you've gotten massive skill up bonuses to how vehicles handle in that month?

Straight off the bat, the driving challenges are pretty hard but once you get your vehicle skills up, they become quite easy because they are designed to be doable without any skill bonuses.

Red Mephisto
11-14-2013, 10:55 AM
Yeah and I'm sure it had *nothing* to do with the fact that you've gotten massive skill up bonuses to how vehicles handle in that month?

I dunno, maybe. Also I was more used to the driving...probably both....

Like any game, I have ever played, in my entire life. More playing = Better at it.....

Rincewind
11-14-2013, 11:25 AM
If your having troubles with any type of challenge, I
suggest you set your perks accordingly. I finally got
silver on the sniper savior yesterday, been working
on that one for over six months. Between picking
proper mods and LOTS of sniper rifle practice/leveling
I see gold in the near future. ( only lvl 17 )

crasher
11-14-2013, 12:16 PM
I dunno, maybe. Also I was more used to the driving...probably both....

Like any game, I have ever played, in my entire life. More playing = Better at it.....
When you get it leveled to 20, and you've gotten gold in the trials - start a new 'toon.
It'll still be the same you.
Your new 'toon will be a serious road hazard.
Your new 'toon will suxor at driving.

You will NOT be able to gold with your new 'toon.
[But the more you try, the more you lvl your new 'toon.]

Go ahead, try.

Neuromancer38501
01-15-2015, 09:33 AM
... not a racing game. I don't have problems with the hotshots and rampages, as they are challenging, but if I wanted to play a racing game, I would play a racing game.
Besides the wonky physics (mentioned before), the disappearing vehicles, the bugged clocks, the invisible mobs that you can run into and destroy your roller... need I go on?
I have, even with my poor computer, managed to get silvers in all of the hotshots and rampages I have attempted. After much gnashing of teeth (and probably a hundred attempts), I have managed to get silvers in the time trials I have attempted, save one (Mine Alley), which I am beginning to honestly think is bugged, due to the fact that I get Bronze every time, regardless of how good or bad I do.
And that's with maxxed roller skill and tries ad nauseum.
I have watched several videos, and I boost WAY more than the people in the videos, plus I have to be completely inside the ring or it won't count. Not sure how these people, who seem to be going on a leisurely sunday drive, can get gold with between a 0 and 10 second difference in time. Again, I am beginning to think it's bugged.

Major Crapshot
01-15-2015, 10:02 AM
Yea! The Cryptkeeper has struck again. :rolleyes:

Why?

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e358/KclCmdr/Motivator/Thread_NecroRD.jpg

http://ct.fra.bz/il/fz/se/i55/2/11/19/f_4e377e8bf5.jpg

Tura Satana
01-15-2015, 11:12 AM
Post count = 1

I agree time trials are a rediculous pain. But another person makes an account just to b**ch.

Tex_Arcana
01-15-2015, 12:57 PM
I will only say this once:
Gold Medal in all of them.
Average PC.
Had to drive several of the Time Trials a few times to get the hang of the courses (Plus go back and get 3 legit Gold Medals after the Time Trial bug/glitch was fixed).
Had next to no trouble getting the Hotshots done.
These challenges can be classified (By my experience) as "easy to medium difficulty" when graphics/web connectivity/server side lag are not causing problems (which I know some folks have experienced).
I do NOT think Trion should make ANY of them simpler.
As they are not by any measurement "Hard".
The only factors that effect getting these done is time, practice and patience.

JohnTW
01-15-2015, 06:40 PM
Disagree, Time Trials is either you get or you don't.
It has nothing to do with Time, Practice or Patience, at least not for short team.
Hand eye coordination are something that you born with, everyone have their limitation, and the limitation isn't something you can easily break through simple Time, Practice or Patience...some are just better then other and that is the fact.

What you said in your reply sickens me, congratulation you got gold in your Time Trials. If Trion made Time Trials easier it does not affect your ego rating or pursuit completeness. Why put up such big fight and trying to keep Time Trials hard, so you can prevent other players to complete the pursuit and laugh at their face? Just what kind sick selfish bastard are you?

I will only say this once:
Gold Medal in all of them.
Average PC.
Had to drive several of the Time Trials a few times to get the hang of the courses (Plus go back and get 3 legit Gold Medals after the Time Trial bug/glitch was fixed).
Had next to no trouble getting the Hotshots done.
These challenges can be classified (By my experience) as "easy to medium difficulty" when graphics/web connectivity/server side lag are not causing problems (which I know some folks have experienced).
I do NOT think Trion should make ANY of them simpler.
As they are not by any measurement "Hard".
The only factors that effect getting these done is time, practice and patience.

nofreebe
01-16-2015, 01:27 AM
When there is no lag on the 360 then Time Trials are somewhat manageable but the lag will make it impossible to get silver.

Xaat Xuun
01-16-2015, 09:29 AM
When there is no lag on the 360 then Time Trials are somewhat manageable but the lag will make it impossible to get silver.

yeah I've days like that. I'm on PC.
there were times the count down would go, but no ATV .. I was like . . "Wait, . . I'm 'posed to do it on foot now ?" that was like 6 months ago
even worse earlier then that, the rings wouldn't spawn, and had to stop and wait. Those issues have been fixed since

Fallen_Aingeal
01-16-2015, 02:32 PM
Disagree, Time Trials is either you get or you don't.
It has nothing to do with Time, Practice or Patience, at least not for short team.
Hand eye coordination are something that you born with, everyone have their limitation, and the limitation isn't something you can easily break through simple Time, Practice or Patience...some are just better then other and that is the fact.

What you said in your reply sickens me, congratulation you got gold in your Time Trials. If Trion made Time Trials easier it does not affect your ego rating or pursuit completeness. Why put up such big fight and trying to keep Time Trials hard, so you can prevent other players to complete the pursuit and laugh at their face? Just what kind sick selfish bastard are you?The same thing about selfishness could be said about those that want them made easier, no?

I haven't gotten gold in all of them yet. Still have 8 to go, because of a glitch that didn't give me credit for completing. Do I want them easier? No. They are possible to do. I'll do it again.

Please. Quit calling for all of the aspects of the game to be nerfed! Simply ask for the EGO levels to be given to you and pursuits completed without actually having to accomplish them. That's basically what's happening. JS

stoodakiss
01-16-2015, 02:41 PM
yes lets lower the bar some more so everybody can get a trophy just like in little league.

Tura Satana
01-16-2015, 04:57 PM
I managed to get silver in all of these and some only took me two tries. That said, failing to silver just one of these puts you out 45 ego points, which I think is absurd. These belong in their own section of pursuits.

Racing a quad bike through horrible terrain with hellbugs getting in your way and objects failing to load in time should not be a requirement for completing the master pursuit for each area.

Mister Derpenhowser
01-16-2015, 05:05 PM
Got two golds and the rest silver. I've written off the gold pursuit ego as unattainable along with the clan based pursuits but I still have enough ego to earn to get me to the 5900cap. Hopefully. Although I'd like golds, I wanna earn them. And yes the races are bugged out and a pain but I dont think the times to beat need changing, only the lag and non spawning vehicle/rings need addressing.

Graywolfe
01-16-2015, 05:11 PM
Im still working on these, got the sliver in some of the time trials and have been able to get silver or gold in all but 2 of the rampages, hotshots. . I will keep practicing until i get silver in all of them, though there are a couple of hotshots it might take awhile to get the time trials just take practice. The gold i will let sit until i have nothing else to do as i don't really like the time trials much.

konstantinov
01-16-2015, 05:14 PM
yes lets lower the bar some more so everybody can get a trophy just like in little league.

With ice cream please!!!!

Major Crapshot
01-16-2015, 05:39 PM
Quick question for everyone who has responded to this thread:

Is it that you haven't noticed or don't care that this was a necropost from almost 2 years ago?

Usually, everyone pounces on necrothreads quite quickly. Tbis started on 04/14/13 with the last old post on 11/14/13 and it was necroed by a recent forum member with only one post amd it was to essentially b**** about the time trials. Then there were 11 posts to this necro after it was immediately called out as one. At least Tura acknowledged it was one but then you responded again.

Just curious. No offense intended to anyone who posted. I just wanted to know if this is the new norm or not. If so, Ill go find something interesting to necro. :)

But I doubt that I'll be able to top that free Beta code one. ;)

Et tu Konstantinov? ;)

konstantinov
01-16-2015, 05:51 PM

Is it that you haven't noticed or don't care that this was a necropost from almost 2 years ago?

Usually, everyone pounces on necrothreads quite quickly. Tbis started on 04/14/13 with the last old post on 11/14/13 and it was necroed by a recent forum member with only one post amd it was to essentially b**** about the time trials. Then there were 11 posts to this necro after it was immediately called out as one. At least Tura acknowledged it was one but then you responded again.

Just curious. No offense intended to anyone who posted. I just wanted to know if this is the new norm or not. If so, Ill go find something interesting to necro. :)

Et tu Konstantinov? ;)

More or less

Major Crapshot
01-16-2015, 05:55 PM
More or less

Now that is a response. Only you my man. I doff my cap to you sir. :)

Tura Satana
01-16-2015, 10:31 PM

Et tu Konstantinov? ;)

Well after the one person with only one post necroed it and responded, other people responded and then ANOTHER person with only one post complained. And then more people responded. And so I was responding to them. While its an old thread and it was necroed just so someone could pitch a fit, it is still a debatable issue how the time trials function and if these time trials should be part of a pursuit package.

PTR47
01-16-2015, 10:38 PM
Even though I have finished them, they are the worst part of the game, and should be removed or just made stupid easy. Your ego does not impact mine or my enjoyment of the game. These persuits are a rip-off of some of the stupidest game mechanics to ever exist, and due to lag, are more frustrating.

This, imo, puts the time trials behind superman, and just ahead of ET as worst **** ever in the recorded history of videogames.

JohnTW
01-17-2015, 03:00 AM
Necro or not, the issue is real and it still exist.

Even though I have finished them, they are the worst part of the game, and should be removed or just made stupid easy. Your ego does not impact mine or my enjoyment of the game. These persuits are a rip-off of some of the stupidest game mechanics to ever exist, and due to lag, are more frustrating.

This, imo, puts the time trials behind superman, and just ahead of ET as worst **** ever in the recorded history of videogames.

Now, this is a solution I like to see on Devs do to list. Personally, I believe this is more impotent then the new weapon system they try to deploy.

Atticus Batman
01-17-2015, 03:44 AM

{SNIP}

{SNAP}

Sure you could. Go to the general discussions and click last page. Here I'll make it easy and give you the link to the second earliest thread listed there, for you to necro, since the earliest is locked! lol :D

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?23-Defiance-E3-booth

Llerell
01-17-2015, 05:54 AM
know how you feel. Just stopped playing defiance because those racing are soooooo annoying and impossible for me to get silver. And for some of the pursuits you need to get gold!!!! HOW?? All my vehickles except cerberus are maxed out. Those racing just ruined fun );

stefb42
01-17-2015, 07:59 AM
For gold what I did is

Boost all the time, this will help find the places where boosting is a bad idea

Never restart an event, always finish it, its good practice and its surprising how much better you can do with the pressure off

Let go of accelerator when in tight corners, you turn quicker when not accelerating

Tap the thumbstick going into corners rather than full lock straight away

Use pillars of light to line the next hoop up when you cant see it, jumping clear over a ring counts as going through

Turn the runner in the air so its pointing the direction you want to continue in, even if it brings you to a stop

If you're going to shoot past a ring, bail from vehicle and spawn another quick

There is plenty time for mistakes, especially in the long ones so don't give up because you got stuck or had to reverse

Boost all the time,by now you should know where not to boost so boost everywhere that's practical

Rings not appearing or game adding time to your time, log all the way out and back in again

Alliiara
01-17-2015, 08:21 AM
If you're going to shoot past a ring, bail from vehicle and spawn another quick

That is a great tip! I never thought of that when I was trying for gold. Thanks for sharing:)

Major Crapshot
01-17-2015, 09:07 AM
Sure you could. Go to the general discussions and click last page. Here I'll make it easy and give you the link to the second earliest thread listed there, for you to necro, since the earliest is locked! lol :D

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?23-Defiance-E3-booth

Not a bad one but maybe when 2015's E3 is at hand. ;)

I did a brief look around and found one that could possibly work. But it does have a reference to a minor Defiance character that is no longer with us. I wish I could have met them. ;)

Major Crapshot
01-17-2015, 09:24 AM
Well after the one person with only one post necroed it and responded, other people responded and then ANOTHER person with only one post complained. And then more people responded. And so I was responding to them. While its an old thread and it was necroed just so someone could pitch a fit, it is still a debatable issue how the time trials function and if these time trials should be part of a pursuit package.

I know that the TTs suck. I've done a few and failed miserably so I'm saving them for later. I'm having too much fun shooting things in the face right now. Besides, Defiance is a shooter and not Gran Turismo afterall. ;)

However, my point was usually everyone tells the necromancer to post a new thread instead. I guess it must be a case of post-holiday ennui. :)

C'est la vie and It is what it is. I just found it interesting that's all. :)

I guess I'll sequester myself to Cronkhite bunker for awhile. Oh, wait... ;)

Keeper Riff
01-17-2015, 10:35 AM
Let go of accelerator when in tight corners, you turn quicker when not accelerating
Let go of accelerator, start turning, then boost. Boosting adds some downforce to you vehicle, so you turn tight and fast.

Turn the runner in the air so its pointing the direction you want to continue in, even if it brings you to a stopBoost half a second before you land and the landing won't stop you even if you turned in the air.

Rings not appearing or game adding time to your time, log all the way out and back in againBetter tip, change the shard using port-to-friend. Unless you're on console and you know from your experience it improves performance and network latency after you restart it.

stefb42
01-17-2015, 11:00 AM
Let go of accelerator, start turning, then boost. Boosting adds some downforce to you vehicle, so you turn tight and fast.

Boost half a second before you land and the landing won't stop you even if you turned in the air.

Better tip, change the shard using port-to-friend. Unless you're on console and you know from your experience it improves performance and network latency after you restart it.

Yeah, these were.just some basics of what I did going for gold, I could have added more but wanted to keep it simple, though I did say boost all the time so I assume people would be on the boost after getting round a corner, boosting before landing also works but only up to a certain angle, I said not to worry about stopping just in case ppl thought stopping would ruin a run

A lot of ppl say never boost in the air, I disagree, after reaching apex boosting, though it wont speed you up, it will put you back on the ground a lot faster

If the ring has a boost refill ring on it it almost always means you can safely boost to the next ring

Sometimes when rings are close together the later rings haven't spawned when you drive through, this doesn't always mean you've missed it, keep going until you know for a fact it hasn't counted it, I had rings that didn't spawn register as passes 2-5 seconds after seemingly missing them through not spawning

I cant stress enough the room for error going for gold, some of my times were 10 seconds faster than gold, even the ones that didn't feel like the best runs

Did these things twice now, once last year and again a few days ago, truth be told they seemed easier 2nd time round, don't know if they've been made slightly easier or if I just knew what to expect

1 last thing,stick to the track its trying to lead you along, you'll encounter less obstacles that way

And just fyi, when not in time trials in one of the worst drivers you'll see in this game,I'm the guy that you see stuck on fences, in bushes, sticking to every obstacle in sight, basically if its clippable, I'll clip it, stuck half way up hills etc etc

Voelfgar
01-18-2015, 07:11 AM
Hey, I still can't get silver on bloodbath time trial. I've completed only 2 hotshots and 1 time trial.

Tex_Arcana
01-18-2015, 04:50 PM
Hey, I still can't get silver on bloodbath time trial. I've completed only 2 hotshots and 1 time trial.

Practice my friend.
I had a hard time initially as well. But after trying a few times in the Hotshots, they became easy to complete.
I do have an advantage (I guess) when it comes to the Time Trials as I am a driving junkie.
All I can say here is get to know the course, and the handling of the vehicle...
Hell: I found the only time boost should be used is where you have a straight path to the next gate.

Graywolfe
01-18-2015, 06:29 PM
Yeah they all take a bit of practice, some more than others. The time trials is mostly about knowing the course once you get your vehicle maxed out. The hotshots/rampages take a bit more, there are still 2 that i have not quite gotten down yet but i am close so i will keep at it until i get the pursuit done.

JKG
01-18-2015, 10:33 PM
They should be nerfed i got gold on all races but took awhile thankfully i had everything at 20 and an got the speed boost from my clan but they took hours.

My biggest issue is that incursion emergencies arks happen while you do it who thought this was a good idea ?