PDA

View Full Version : Concerning Shields...

Bahamut
04-14-2013, 06:53 PM
Hey fellow Arkhunters!

Can anyone tell me the optimum stats for shields? Is high recharge % better than low, and you always want the lowest recharge delay, right?

I know the shields themselves are quite balanced with capacities and extra mods and whatnot--something I've come to enjoy about the gear.

I'm pretty sure I already know the answer to this but I just wanted to make sure, thanks!

The Notorious Crunchwrap
04-14-2013, 06:54 PM
Higher recharge % is better. And yes you want the lowest recharge delay.

Pelaquin
04-14-2013, 06:56 PM
You already answered your question lol, yea you want something like a Respark really, high recharge 40% at least, and a low timer on the delay 3 seconds max, others may tell you get a high capacity shield and trade off on the delay timer, but when the **** hits the fan you really dont want to be waiting 9.6 seconds :L.

Bahamut
04-14-2013, 07:03 PM
Good! Thanks for the responses...I just wanted to make sure, haha. I love those shields with HP regen as well... wicked awesome!

TruGamer4Realz
04-14-2013, 07:09 PM
I absolutely love my respark 2

KingGladiator88
04-14-2013, 09:01 PM
Ive used the respark my entire game except for the first few hours where i had a Hurricane. I looked at the Rebel and Rhino, but those awful recharge delay and rates are just horrible. With the Respark, my shield is around 1-1.1k, and recharges completely in 5 seconds, versus the 9 for the Hurricane and the 11-12 for the Rhino and Rebel.

Mirimon
04-14-2013, 09:55 PM
there are some out there that have it all.. high capacity, low delay and high charge.. my own is phenominal at just under 3 seconds recharge, 1600 capacity, 70% on charge, shock resist (this is a very important feature, shield up or not, losing your ui usually makes it hard to kill stuff that is killing you.) and 15% reload when shields drop, respark reloader V DX.

Propellants
04-14-2013, 09:58 PM
Higher recharge % !

Vault Boy
04-14-2013, 10:12 PM
While others are mostly correct here, it isn't all bad to use a shield with a higher recharge delay, given the higher capacity. It depends on how you're building the character. For instance, I have a tankish build I like to use where I opt for the rhino shield. But in compensation I have perks that help with HP regen, as well as the actual effect of the shield itself (+50% HP regeneration). So that, stacked with extra health and that both my weapons for the class have the siphon effect, it works great.

But for a standard run and gun, I'd say go for something in the middle.

Wynce
04-14-2013, 10:40 PM
I use a 9.6 rhino shield with 50% hp regen, I forget what damage resistance, and 1800 shield.

Love it. By the time it goes down, everything is usually dead. I only use faster charging ones for the rampages, because you don't get the 9.6 seconds needed to regen your shield usually.