PDA

View Full Version : Extremely OT thread - What are you planning to eat for Thanksgiving?

Rowan
11-08-2012, 12:04 PM
It seems we need more silly discussion threads around and since it's seasonally appropriate...I thought I'd toss out a more personal question:

What are you planning to do and eat for thanksgiving?

(If you don't live in the US, sorry! You can add in your own holiday or occasion for November!)

For me, it's just me and my folks and we usually do the whole shebang anyway because my family is pretty much this small now.

We usually do this awesome italian sausage stuffing and the usual turkey-potatoes-ham-veggies deal. But we want to try something new this year and go against the norm.. So I'm scouring the internets for inspiration. I have a new, fabulous kitchen so I'm excited to use it for something big...but my oven is actually small and one of those midway up the wall ones. So I am probably going to do more stovetop stuff and less baking.

Kalbuir
11-09-2012, 04:23 AM
I plan to eat pizza! I wish we had thanksgiving in EU sounds like a lovely excuse to get the family together besides Christmas.

vampero
11-09-2012, 07:31 PM
I will be playing Rift :SL,GW 2 and Halo 4 ! Oh yea and go see the family !

Vega
11-09-2012, 09:09 PM
          

Rexx
11-10-2012, 09:35 AM
One year, I was away from home, far from family, and I had a turkey TV dinner. The old kind, in the 3 sectioned aluminum tray.
YUCK!

Thorne25
11-10-2012, 09:06 PM
I think I'll be making some Japanese curry rice with chicken for the get together I usually have with friends on Turkey Day.

Secret fact: I do not much care for turkey. D:

Sajin
05-04-2013, 05:37 PM
I can't wait totally missed it last year!