PDA

View Full Version : synergy?

Scipio
04-14-2013, 07:37 PM
can someone please explain to me what exactly synergy is, and what it's used for? this is my first mmo, so i'm still learning the ropes.

Jack Horrigan
04-14-2013, 07:53 PM
I posted in a earlier thread so this is mostly cut and pasted from there but here is some info on synergies.

Synergys that are listed as (2) CLASS NAME will give you that bonus if you are that class. This is actually the ONLY difference in class (aside from starting weapons and outfits). Synergys that are listed as (1), (2), (3), (4) require mods with the same synergy title.

The synergies a gun has are randomly determined (as far as I can tell) except on the faction guns that require reputation to buy. They always have that factions synergy. This means you can get a shotgun with a veteran synergy (I have one) or an infector with the outlaw synergy (my buddy has one). This makes you class choice matter even less unless you really want a specific class synergy over any other (veteran seems to be faster ROF after reload, outlaw seems to be high DMG from last bullet in clip.) I'm not sure but I think a class' signature weapon styles have a high chance to spawn with that class synergy (Pure speculation) but they are NOT restricted by weapon type.

Some guns have synergies listed to which there are no mods in the game to match. It is assumed these will appear in DLC.

If I put any more detail into this it would be speculation. All the info here is stuff I've found out and have confirmed with friends. Hope this helps! Feel free to help correct me if I am wrong or missing something.

Scipio
04-14-2013, 08:04 PM
thanks alot for the info!