PDA

View Full Version : I'm totally overwhelmed by the number of perks, can anyone help me sort through them?

Fedaykin
04-14-2013, 07:56 PM
I find myself unable to really get a hold on how to make an effective build in this game. I'm almost EGO800 and I still don't have a clear idea of how to structure my perk choices. It doesn't help that atm I can only choose 5 out of a possible 84(?).

Right now I'm struggling to put together two builds, and although they're kindof redundant, I mainly have the two builds to switch up using different weapons, I don't usually switch mid-mission.

My build A uses assault rifles and shotguns. I started out with Overpower but I found myself constantly hoarding it, waiting for "the right moment", so I switched to Decoy and try to use it whenever I'm getting shot.

Build B uses shotguns and SMGs and uses Blur. I was kindof trying to build on my tendency to just rush in and shotgun everything, but I'm not sure I have the right perks to properly capitalize on Blur, melee, and my weapon selections.

I mainly default to A, using long range weapons until the enemy gets closer (or is too close) and then finish up with the shotguns. Right now all of my perks are rank 1, which is probably holding me back more than anything, but I wanted to try and get a feel for the different options. In the end, I've just overwhelmed myself even more... Anyways, my perks for build A are: Efficient Projection / Materialize / Intimidation / Gunslinger / Energy Leech.

It just feels uninspired and ineffective. My build B isn't any better and currently use the same perks but swaps in Endurance Runner and Second Wind.

Can someone point me in the right direction or give me some build/gameplay advice? For instance should my build B focus more on melee kills and the associated perks? How useful are the power regen perks really? Should I wait till I've unlocked more perk slots to really worry about making builds? If so, are there some core perks I should focus on and ignore the rest for now?

Like I said I'm just really overwhelmed by the multitude of options, so if someone could boil a bunch of them down for me, I'd really appreciate it.

ThanatosPa
04-14-2013, 08:00 PM
I go with an old "magic the gathering" tcg idea that if 1 is good then max it out. so just one in a skill is holding you back.

As to figuring it out I at 845ego have currently 5 unspent points cause theres no point right now till a new perk opens up. So really just read the perks see which work together and go from there.