PDA

View Full Version : Finished last Madera Pursuit: Did NOT get any EGO points

Rynzael
04-14-2013, 09:20 PM
The last pursuit in the different areas gives +40 EGO rating, which took me to 639, and I didn't get any EGO points. Then I did another minor pursuit which took me to EGO rating 644 and I was awarded an EGO point.

I finished the Mount Tam final pursuit as well, awarding +40 EGO rating and I DID get EGO points.

I am wondering if anyone else has run into this or if this is a known bug?

cypheon
04-14-2013, 10:28 PM
o.O you're that far along and still think rating and level are tied together? you only get a point when the bar at the bottom of the screen fills up, doesn't matter how much your ego rating skyrockets after a quest, if you don't max out that level bar, you don't get the skill point.

think of it as something similar to the much maligned swg combat upgrade... where buying the next skill level in flamethrowers boosted your "effective level" by 10... all because of one little upgrade that carried with it no bonuses or new skills which had a direct impact on your gameplay.

Shootersa
04-14-2013, 11:57 PM
Cypheon is correct.

EGO Rating and EGO Levels are seperate, like he said when the bar fills up on the bottom then you are awarded an EGO Point, when you finish a pursuit then you most likely get some EGO rating but not always, it depends on the pursuit you did.

there is a max lvl you can reach and at that point i think you will only go up in EGO Rating and are not awarded any EGO Points anymore but i'm not sure of that, it's how i think it's going to be though.

Lenko
04-15-2013, 12:54 AM
EGO rating = achievement points.
EGO Points = levels.