PDA

View Full Version : any tips for getting gold on time trials...

Mrohnoez
04-14-2013, 09:41 PM
It always seems im short of gold by 4-5 seconds
lvl 12 runners
not hitting anything boosting at the best times I can

what else can I do...?
really want that black challenger

Wynce
04-14-2013, 09:45 PM
Take corners tighter. Make sure if you're going over a jump, to be boosting as you land so you don't lose speed.

Propellants
04-14-2013, 09:55 PM
Take corners tighter but for obstacle type courses, take you're time but rush as well!

KingGladiator88
04-14-2013, 09:57 PM
Never boost in midair. Always use your boost right before a jump and let it charge in the air, then boost as soon as you hit the ground to regain lost speed. Also when you are using runners you can adjust your pitch AS WELL as your yaw. Pull up or down on the left stick to angle your runner so that when you land all 4 tires are on the ground. That way you dont lose speed like when you land on 2 wheels and bounce.

Mrohnoez
04-14-2013, 09:59 PM
great tips!!! ty ill try it out in the morning

DJTrig
04-14-2013, 10:12 PM
Learn to boost out of tight turns (really helped me once i got used to this),try not to hit big jumps to hard and hit the boost at the top of jumps as it seems to bring you back down quicker.Also use a tap of boost if you get a wobble on to help straighten you out.But mostly just keep at it and you will get there,i am not great at racing and generally hate time trails but i got the dodge with a little patience (didn't scream once at being 1 second out on some,honest :)) and determination.

rralpheboy
04-14-2013, 10:19 PM
It also helps if you learn how to power slide (drift) on the turns. You can do that by boosting and applying the brake at the same time and steering lightly in the direction you'd like to power slide thru. It's a little tricky to learn but once you master it you'll be popping gold trophies like tic tacs. :cool:

federline jones
04-14-2013, 10:23 PM
Take corners tighter. Make sure if you're going over a jump, to be boosting as you land so you don't lose speed.

This right here. there's also some other really good info in this thread. I got all of them done in about 5 hours total I dunno if that's good or bad time but I'm finally finished lol. Since all the good advice has been stated I can add that after you do a couple of test runs to find out where to boost and start doing serious ones if you miss one check point and have to back track just restart the challenge unless you're going for the scrip and xp rewards. Another thing I had an issue with was the timer was always jacked up like I'd make the race in 4:00 but the game registered the finish time as 4:04.

When you finish the races go to youtube and look up "Defiance 1080 jump" there's a really good video for it.

DragonForza
04-14-2013, 10:32 PM
Pretty much you have to be on it. It'll take a couple of passes to know where the dodgy spots are and then the rest comes down to how you drive it. Coming from a Forza background I enjoy the vehicle competitions!