PDA

View Full Version : License Code Won't Apply

Demetrius
04-14-2013, 10:13 PM
I bought the game yesterday and when I tried to register it, it said license code already used so I took it back to the shop and got a new code. New code still saying its already been used, something is ****ed up with the account registration anyone else having this issue?

cypheon
04-14-2013, 10:24 PM
what store are you getting them from? is everything still sealed when you obtain it? cause it could very well be an employee at the store went through and used all the account keys then just carefully closed everything back up, as well.

and yes, i've caught people doing this at some of the stores i used to work for. they always have a real funny look on their face when you tell them they're being fired for stealing, and should be grateful that they aren't facing jailtime as well. strangely, they never are grateful to be out of prison.

Demetrius
04-14-2013, 10:41 PM
**** so that really could be the case then? I'm getting it from EB Games, the cases aren't sealed they're in the back room only employees have access to and they keep all the manuals and disks under the counter.

cypheon
04-14-2013, 11:00 PM
seriously, they're taking everything out of the box for an MMO? you... may want to get a refund and go to a different store, mate

Demetrius
04-14-2013, 11:19 PM
Yeah, i'm going to talk to Trion when live chat opens to see if they can do anything if not i'll return it again and get a refund and go to the other store in the center

Eisberg
04-14-2013, 11:21 PM
Buy the game online, the manual is nothing, and the disk doesn't have the game client on it , so you have to download the whole game client anyways. You literally just need a license code, and with online you are guaranteed to get a good code.

I didn't even know EB Games even sold PC games anymore. Last time I was in there, I looked everywhere for their PC games section and couldn't find it.

Shootersa
04-14-2013, 11:22 PM
seriously, they're taking everything out of the box for an MMO? you... may want to get a refund and go to a different store, mate

what he said, although it seems safe because they are keeping everything seperated (CD's and manuals from cases), but if only employee's are able to access it then you might be in bad luck and someone could have been using all the CD keys already.

I suggest you go to a "Big" store, one that is common known and where the games are sealed propperly.

Demetrius
04-14-2013, 11:50 PM
lol well EB Games is the "Biggest" store in Australia there are other places though

Shootersa
04-14-2013, 11:52 PM
lol well EB Games is the "Biggest" store in Australia there are other places though

well thats a shame lol, just find a store where you can buy it while it's sealed or just buy it from steam or Trion worlds, might no give you the hard copy but at least it's safe :p

Defy
04-15-2013, 12:06 AM
return the game to the store and buy it online in that case or from a different store

Demetrius
04-15-2013, 07:56 AM
talked to a GM on live chat and he confirmed that both codes have been applied and are on active accounts so someone's stolen the codes