PDA

View Full Version : After playing quite a bit of shadow war / infector rage

Speedstersonic
04-14-2013, 10:15 PM
No wonder infectors are getting nerfed, yeah shotgun stealth is annoying, but those infectors auto targeting at what is crazy range, jeez, it's WAY worse. If they didn't auto target that would be so different. But yeah, feels like no matter what you do, good aim or not, that auto target has you beat.

KodiakX
04-14-2013, 10:34 PM
Honestly every group instance I've been in while trying to level up Infectors always leaves me at the last spot for DPS despite being in on every fight. Their only real claim to fame, PvP, only works out as well as it does because your average player is vastly less than most NPCs and they are fully operational on the move. As a result they're getting nerfed which will just make the thing that's already the terrible for 70% of the rest of the game even worse because it's strong in 30% of it.

Maybe if they weren't such a bad and lazy development team they'd address the real issue (the fact that aim down sight or "ADS" slows you down to a crawl and gets you killed instantly each time ) they wouldn't have to nerf weapons that are only strong because the other options suck.

Damedius
04-14-2013, 10:41 PM
Putting an auto-aiming gun in a competitive TPS game with PvP was a stupid idea. Whoever thought of it should be fired immediately.

Speedstersonic
04-14-2013, 10:42 PM
Putting an auto-aiming gun in a competitive TPS game with PvP was a stupid idea. Whoever thought of it should be fired immediately. TBH they should just turn the auto aiming off in pvp and leave it alone in pve, easy win there.

Distrance
04-14-2013, 10:43 PM
Good idea. Now we just have to deal with shotguns being the only thing we see in PvP.

Raehvyn
04-14-2013, 10:43 PM
I laugh when people pull one out in shadow wars. Pop overcharge and mow their sorry arses down and stroll onto the next one. I feel LMG needs to get nerfed. I almost gunned down a sniper at a very long range. I didn't realize it had fall off damage (noob error) but I had nearly ruined him. >.>

Dist0rt3d Hum0r
04-14-2013, 10:54 PM
I see a lot of combat/pump shotgun cloakers, but rarely get killed by Sawed Off. I actually thought I'd see a fair bit of grenade launchers and rockets, but a little bunny hopping and Blastshield go a long way to nerfing their effects on their own.

As far as the infectors go, I've made it a game to survive them. Siphon on a shotgun or AR goes a loooong way against infectors. :p

Warkaiser
04-14-2013, 10:54 PM
Honestly every group instance I've been in while trying to level up Infectors always leaves me at the last spot for DPS despite being in on every fight. Their only real claim to fame, PvP, only works out as well as it does because your average player is vastly less than most NPCs and they are fully operational on the move. As a result they're getting nerfed which will just make the thing that's already the terrible for 70% of the rest of the game even worse because it's strong in 30% of it.

Maybe if they weren't such a bad and lazy development team they'd address the real issue (the fact that aim down sight or "ADS" slows you down to a crawl and gets you killed instantly each time ) they wouldn't have to nerf weapons that are only strong because the other options suck.

Sorry but claiming Infectors arent any good in PvE just makes me laugh. So does the fact that everyone ignores the additional effects / capabilities of different weapons and only look at pure DPS, then cry that something isnt as powerful in pure DPS as another weapon. Especially when it comes to Infectors and BMGs. Sure theyre not going to put out as much upfront damage as most other weapons, but they have other benefits which other types of weapons dont offer. Like the ability to fire off shots to infect a target, then get behind cover and let not only your original target die but also spread the damage to other nearby enemies without having to come back out of cover.

Ive been using cloak + infector recently a lot in PvE and its pretty damn awesome if you learn to use it well. Ive also done things like run major Arkfalls and scoring top damage with about 3.5m vs 2nd place scoring under 2m, relying on Infector about 80% of the time and pulling out an AR when needed to get some quick crit kills or if I was low on Infector ammo. Anyway point is, Infectors can be very useful in PvE. You just need to learn how to spread the damage around between multiple enemies with your bugs more effectively.

Ninno20
04-15-2013, 12:42 AM
I got an orange infector the other day i will have to give this a go, not played much pvp yet.

MarauderShields
04-15-2013, 02:05 AM
Once they nerf these guns people will just move onto something else and it will get to the point where all the guns suck ..buff up the assault rifles and pistols give them some love.

Erei
04-15-2013, 02:31 AM
Ive been using cloak + infector recently a lot in PvE and its pretty damn awesome if you learn to use it well. Ive also done things like run major Arkfalls and scoring top damage with about 3.5m vs 2nd place scoring under 2m, relying on Infector about 80% of the time and pulling out an AR when needed to get some quick crit kills or if I was low on Infector ammo. Anyway point is, Infectors can be very useful in PvE. You just need to learn how to spread the damage around between multiple enemies with your bugs more effectively.
Yeah, well, sorry to destroy your little dream, but you probably were the least usefull person in the Arkfall, as many arkfall require you to not kill the ennemies, to have the weak spots.
And infectors do just that, as they choose their targets randomly.

B_Draco
04-15-2013, 02:46 AM
Yeah, well, sorry to destroy your little dream, but you probably were the least usefull person in the Arkfall, as many arkfall require you to not kill the ennemies, to have the weak spots.

Yeah, I've seen a rise in infector usage. All it does in prolong a damn arkfall because it'll kill off the skitterlings before they open weak spots in crystals, or destroy mongrels before the ark gets a chance to repair it so you can interrupt the process and damage it...

KashraFall
04-15-2013, 02:47 AM
Honestly every group instance I've been in while trying to level up Infectors always leaves me at the last spot for DPS despite being in on every fight.

This is actually because the infectors don't critical. It shows the yellow numbers but they just don't crit. If they did crit though...my god.

Pasha
04-15-2013, 02:51 AM
Good idea. Now we just have to deal with shotguns being the only thing we see in PvP.

Don't worry - shotguns are being nerfed as well so we'll see all kinds of low DPS weapons in PvP tomorrow until players will figure out next imba variant. Probably it will be sniper rifle (again).

Hperf
04-15-2013, 02:51 AM
Keep in mind that there are different type of infectors.
Some infectors are useless in PvP, some others are just way too powerful.

This infector : continuous fire, damaging instantly and spaw bugs at death ... is completely broken atm. Just click and see people die .. no need to aim.

That's probably why it will be nerf tomorrow.

And btw : Shotguns are not broken in PvP ... combat rifles are.

DustOfDeath
04-15-2013, 03:00 AM
all these "nerf it cuz i dotn like it in pvp and **** pve" threads are killing the game, less and less weapons to use that are actually time/damage/survival effective (yeah you can kill with the "weak" weapons and they have fancy 2ndary effects - but why should i if a high dps rifle could bring the target down 10x faster).

Jack Johnson
04-15-2013, 03:20 AM
Cankers are the only good PvE infectors, and you really need to use them in junction with a SAW to get good usage out of them in PvE by swapping weapons. Put out the DPS of a SAW while keeping the Canker DoT rolling at a 3 stack for maximum DPS.

As for infectors in PvP, the reason they're so great is because in PvP a sitting duck is a dead duck 90% of the time. Infectors allow you to kill targets while maintaining run speed (part of the reason shotties are great too) and you can weave in and out of cover.

I love using rifles for PvE but they're just for the most part not acceptable for PvP. Drop off damage on most rifles (for some reason heavy carbine has more drop off than TACC AR even though the heavy carbine should be the better long distance weapon, although TACC could be bugged since I haven't noticed any damage dropoff for the gun) AND bad accuracy while moving? Come on. If I could strafe and shoot accurately similar to a Halo battle rifle, I would drop my infector in a heartbeat, even if I didn't have any of the auto-aim, DoT damage, or other perks that the infector does.

And btw : Shotguns are not broken in PvP ... combat rifles are.

Lol what? Rifles are broken in PvP? That's a load of shtako.

Probably it will be sniper rifle (again).

Takes too much skill. Can't be the imba weapon because of that.

Hperf
04-15-2013, 03:34 AM
Lol what? Rifles are broken in PvP? That's a load of shtako.

My mistake, I meant combat shotguns ! not pump shotguns.

Warkaiser
04-15-2013, 04:12 AM

Hate to break it to you, but there is more than one type of Infector. Guess youre not aware of that. Try running a Canker type. Bugs only spawn on kills, instead of constantly spawning bugs theyre DoT focused. Just completed another Arkfall with one of those. Top damage with 4.5 million damage, 2nd place with 3.4 million and over double my kills. I focus almost purely on nailing the soft spots made by skitterlings. Since Im not actually killing stuff I spawn very few bugs with a Canker. Also with crit perks, like +crit when crouched, I can dot up the soft spots while standing, get away from the incoming attacks, then crouch down and the +crit still takes effect on the dots.

Learning about different varieties within weapon categories before whining about an entire weapon set = win.

Jack Johnson
04-15-2013, 04:38 AM
Learning about different varieties within weapon categories before whining about an entire weapon set = win.

This. Big time this.

Speedstersonic
04-15-2013, 09:04 AM
all these "nerf it cuz i dotn like it in pvp and **** pve" threads are killing the game, less and less weapons to use that are actually time/damage/survival effective (yeah you can kill with the "weak" weapons and they have fancy 2ndary effects - but why should i if a high dps rifle could bring the target down 10x faster).

Yeah, I do wish they just took off auto target altogether in pvp and left it alone in pve, even after the nerf, it still will auto target pathetically. Such a noob gun.