PDA

View Full Version : I was in an Arkfall right? Guess what I saw?

Omnifarious Xji
04-14-2013, 11:04 PM
26 Orange Dodge challengers... I really hope Trion is looking to broaden the vehicle selection with DLC. As it stands right now, All the newbs at the crash site have green quads, and everyone else has orange challengers. I barely ever see another buggy. My buggy is so lonely...

Kalter Stahl
04-14-2013, 11:11 PM
I use a different vehicle for every load-out, unfortunately one is an orange charger... what can I say, I like the color orange.

Ryan The Human
04-14-2013, 11:14 PM
I use a different vehicle for every load-out, unfortunately one is an orange charger... what can I say, I like the color orange.

Nothing you should say, is a badass car! Some people just want to be different then the crowd....I call them hipsters.

Wynce
04-14-2013, 11:14 PM
I love my black charger. :D

Kalter Stahl
04-14-2013, 11:18 PM
Maybe they should've made all the different colors have slightly different stats... so people would have more reasons to deviate. Also, whats up with the +0 stats in the vehicle skills?

Aycid
04-14-2013, 11:55 PM
the day after i bought my orange challenger i came online and everyone had one, so i thought screw this!!!! ima work my *** of for the black one!!!!. I felt abit more unique again after i got it :)

I hope with the new DLC the vehicles cost more to buy, i found the price to low/easy to earn. and also the specials at vendors, i mean come on 500 scrip for a white challenger? you would almost feel like you cheated to get it! 50,500 scrip for something that would special sound more right to me.

Superskull85
04-15-2013, 12:01 AM
The problem is the Challenger is the fastest vehicle in the game that you can buy from a vendor or get from a pre-order. In order for someone to have a different colour of Challenger they would need to do something extra hard or challenging which most people will not do.

I do agree though. There needs to be some variety for high end Rollers. Heck I would like to see a glass speed version of a Runner to help add to that variety. I would only use a Runner now to level it up. Compared to Rollers Runners are quite inferior stat wise.

MDMA Commando
04-15-2013, 12:01 AM
Wait there are other colors for my challenger!? ( other than black i knew about that)

ForkInSocket
04-15-2013, 12:03 AM
Orange is available all the time at the crystal lake shop in Marin. No big deal.

TenuouePie
04-15-2013, 12:13 AM
I have a sliver one got it for 500 script!!!! what a deal.

Nightside2885
04-15-2013, 12:41 AM
Got one even better, how about sometime in the future Trion adds a feature to allow us to customize our vehicle?!! I would vote for that.

Kalter Stahl
04-15-2013, 01:15 AM
this game's rolling hills make me want a dirt bike....

Aesthetikz
04-15-2013, 01:20 AM
Also found the silver one with like 10mins left on the sale. Seems to be a rare color.

RancidPigeon
04-15-2013, 01:24 AM
I like to roll around on my Pink Hannibal 800R

Kalter Stahl
04-15-2013, 01:30 AM
Yeah the 4x4's may not be as fast as the cars but they get caught on stuff less and get way more air... I definitely like them more.

Raikon
04-15-2013, 01:32 AM
26 Orange Dodge challengers... I really hope Trion is looking to broaden the vehicle selection with DLC. As it stands right now, All the newbs at the crash site have green quads, and everyone else has orange challengers. I barely ever see another buggy. My buggy is so lonely...

For the love of God, havnt you anything better to whine about than the colour of cars .
Oh lord.

Omnifarious Xji
04-15-2013, 08:32 AM
For the love of God, havnt you anything better to whine about than the colour of cars .
Oh lord.
Variety is the spice of life you see, and without it, this game shall die very fast.

Grit
04-15-2013, 08:35 AM
I personally want everyone that calls the Challenger a Charger to get some rancid diarreah...seriously... there is a difference...

someone should punch your parents lol

Robknob
04-15-2013, 08:35 AM
rollin in a pink quad level 19

Krazee DD
04-15-2013, 08:38 AM
I dont see the issue?

I love rollin in my CHALLENGER.

I guess the see me rolli, they hatin.

Grit
04-15-2013, 08:39 AM
Eh, my Challenger is fun.. my little blue dune buggy is fun... but honestly I'll take a Quad any day of the week

Omnifarious Xji
04-15-2013, 08:54 AM
I dont see the issue?

I love rollin in my CHALLENGER.

I guess the see me rolli, they hatin. The issue, is that 70% of gamers are casual, and what do casual gamers do? Take the path of least resistance to get the best stuff. Hence, why everyone and their mother has an orange Challenger right now. God forbid the game give them a challenge to get a different color. GOLD medal on a race? Pfffft, F that! I can't be bothered! Instant gratification and all that jazz. Like it or not, a large chunk of the money does come from them, they're also the reason our games have gotten so dumbed down in the past years. All I'm doing is making an observation. I've seen far to many games, where after the first two weeks, everyone has "A" gun, "B" armor, and "C" mount. They use them twice, get bored, and sell the game to make glue. Next thing you know, the servers are looking pretty empty, the company thinks they did something wrong, pulls out, shut downs their servers, and we're left with a dead game. But hey, at least EA doesn't have Trion Worlds, right? Oh, and another example of the above, I played a few Shadow wars and death matches. ALL of the games where shotgun/infiltrator only. That's not fun at all, only efficient.

RougeFighter
04-15-2013, 08:58 AM
na man i got a glitched buggi for 500 and it says its white but if another buggi of a different color comes by mine it changes to that color so really i have every color buggi in one hahahaha its a cool glitch that im not complaining about

Krazee DD
04-15-2013, 09:02 AM
The issue, is that 70% of gamers are casual, and what do casual gamers do? Take the path of least resistance to get the best stuff. Hence, why everyone and their mother has an orange Challenger right now. God forbid the game give them a challenge to get a different color. GOLD medal on a race? Pfffft, F that! I can't be bothered! Instant gratification and all that jazz. Like it or not, a large chunk of the money does come from them, they're also the reason our games have gotten so dumbed down in the past years. All I'm doing is making an observation. I've seen far to many games, where after the first two weeks, everyone has "A" gun, "B" armor, and "C" mount. They use them twice, get bored, and sell the game to make glue. Next thing you know, the servers are looking pretty empty, the company thinks they did something wrong, pulls out, shut downs their servers, and we're left with a dead game. But hey, at least EA doesn't have Trion Worlds, right? Oh, and another example of the above, I played a few Shadow wars and death matches. ALL of the games where shotgun/infiltrator only. That's not fun at all, only efficient.

.......what does any of that have to do with people driving challengers?

Midori Oku
04-15-2013, 09:04 AM
I use the purple Dodge Challenger, but that's because it is rare. Once I see more of them I'll change to something else.

Omnifarious Xji
04-15-2013, 09:06 AM
.......what does any of that have to do with people driving challengers? Did you not read any of that? *Facepalm* Okay, I'll dumb it down. Orange challenger, best mount in game, vast majority of today's people lazy, all find way to get best things easy, everyone have same vehicle now, all lazy people get bored of game right away, complain and leave. No variety, variety is good.

Grit
04-15-2013, 09:08 AM
eh, ya have to actually find the vendor to buy the Orange Challenger...these are the same people that call it at Charger thinking they're the Duke Boys sadly they're just a poor imiatation ..... they're like the Coys and Vances of the Defiance World.

I have a red one and an orange one yet i drive my Black n Gold Hannibal 96% of the time. I'll work on the Black Challenger when i feel like grinding out all of the races.

Rockero
04-15-2013, 09:09 AM
I never leave home without my "orange" Challenger ;)
I think, if thats the only vehicle you can buy, make it in another colors!!!!
when you see like 20, looks like a Pumpkin field lololol

Omnifarious Xji
04-15-2013, 09:13 AM
I never leave home without my "orange" Challenger ;)
I think, if thats the only vehicle you can buy, make it in another colors!!!!
when you see like 20, looks like a Pumpkin field lololol
Rofl, I had that same thought. I'm hoping Trion will make more vehicles/colors more appealing. There's how many colors of buggies awaiting to be bought? Yet everyone buys the one color of Challenger that's readily available. I figured a buggy with a turbine all Mad Max'd out would be appealing to a lot of people. Apparently not.

mrgrimezHD
04-15-2013, 09:14 AM
I personally want everyone that calls the Challenger a Charger to get some rancid diarreah...seriously... there is a difference...

This 1+

It seems just even the color of vehicles isn't enough for some people, they want this, they want that, what I say is if you want something then go and do it yourself, I'd love to see them try.

I know it's a bit off topic but do you know what I've seen recently in these forums? the amount of people claiming to be ''EX Game Programmers' and how 'easy' it is to make certain changes. At one point I even seen a comment made from someone claiming to be a representative with Microsoft and even EPIC games, however the attitude and grammar for that individual was lacking and for some reason I just didn't believe a word in that comment.

Grit
04-15-2013, 09:18 AM
what no one here have love for the "Little blue dune buggy?"

Omnifarious Xji
04-15-2013, 09:20 AM
This 1+

It seems just even the color of vehicles isn't enough for some people, they want this, they want that, what I say is if you want something then go and do it yourself, I'd love to see them try.

I know it's a bit off topic but do you know what I've seen recently in these forums? the amount of people claiming to be ''EX Game Programmers' and how 'easy' it is to make certain changes. At one point I even seen a comment made from someone claiming to be a representative with Microsoft and even EPIC games, however the attitude and grammar for that individual was lacking and for some reason I just didn't believe a word in that comment.
As someone who grew up messing with game code, and am currently studying to be a programer. I can say, nothing about making a change in a game is easy. An analogy, try removing a single NON sticky strand from the inner most circle of a small spider's web without damaging the rest of the web, while wearing a pair of heavy leatherman gloves. Good luck even identifying which strands are the non sticky ones from a glance! It's gonna be a long and tiring process. Why do people think it takes years to make a game? Hell, even CoD, a game in which most of the work is done for them, they just have to make a few new maps and update a visual here and there, still takes them 2 years. (Two different companies work on the CoD series, they release a new game annually together)

Krazee DD
04-15-2013, 09:21 AM
Did you not read any of that? *Facepalm* Okay, I'll dumb it down. Orange challenger, best mount in game, vast majority of today's people lazy, all find way to get best things easy, everyone have same vehicle now, all lazy people get bored of game right away, complain and leave. No variety, variety is good.

Stats wise ya, but if you're rising around and you see a black challenger roll up, you will want that.

In the end its a mount, something to get around. Like you said casuals want the OP weapons and cars. So give it to them, they are a casual gamer so they probably wouldn't put in the time to grind for the epic gear. They will now stick around longer because they can worry about shooting and blowing things up, rather than to get a mount that is SLIGHTLY faster.

They will leave anyway. After you have 10+ vehicles isn't it a cosmetic choice for you?

SIDE NOTE: I was under the impression the Challenger was a pre order bonus only?

Grit
04-15-2013, 09:24 AM
Red Challenger was the pre-order. Orange is from a vendor that only shows up now and again. one of the 3 hidden ones. that's how i bought mine... did a mission.. saw some different colored vehicles for sale that i haven't seen elsewhere so i bought em.

anytime i see a vehicle special for $500 i buy it. now and again if i feel like wasting scrip i'll buy one at full price...

they're like pokemon, i want them all!!

Omnifarious Xji
04-15-2013, 09:24 AM
what no one here have love for the "Little blue dune buggy?"

I had a black one for a while, (A sale one, had no idea they cost like 10,500 normally (O_O) ) but I just love hill climbing in the buggy more. Not to mention, a giant turbine attached to my car? Forget about it! Speaking of which, totally random memory, when I first started playing, like, my second Arkfall, there was a huge convoy of a few buggies, a few quads, a challenger, and one those big trucks you get in Cass' mission, all different colors too. It was glorious looking, and what I expected Defiance to be. I haven't seen that at all since that day.

Krazee DD
04-15-2013, 09:26 AM
Red Challenger was the pre-order. Orange is from a vendor that only shows up now and again. one of the 3 hidden ones. that's how i bought mine... did a mission.. saw some different colored vehicles for sale that i haven't seen elsewhere so i bought em.

anytime i see a vehicle special for $500 i buy it. now and again if i feel like wasting scrip i'll buy one at full price...

they're like pokemon, i want them all!!

Ok, I got the 2 colors mixed. Thought Red was bought.

I just dont see how you can see a bunch of people driving the same vehicle, then snowball that into "THE GAME IS DOOMED"

Omnifarious Xji
04-15-2013, 09:31 AM
Ok, I got the 2 colors mixed. Thought Red was bought.

I just dont see how you can see a bunch of people driving the same vehicle, then snowball that into "THE GAME IS DOOMED" I once saw a shooting star, THE WORLD IS DOOMED! WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE LIKE THE DINOSAURS DID! AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHASDFGHJKL;'

FlamingNinja007
04-15-2013, 10:16 AM
Ugh. These people obviously haven't found vendors. Apparently, some of you haven't either. I preordered, so I got the red challenger. Nonetheless, get gold in all races and you'll get a black one. The orange challengers are normally people who like orange or children that just want a cool car, but they were too young to preorder. I also have two Hannibals. I believe just playing the game gives you a black and green one. I found a white and red one from a weapons vendor as a special item. I also have two of the quads. One is red, and the other is black, I think. They came from either ark codes, preordering the legendary, or early story. I apologize that everyone wants the same car. That's called demand.

dodmayhem
04-15-2013, 10:29 AM
Im lookin at getting hte black Challenger

Krazee DD
04-15-2013, 10:33 AM
Ugh. These people obviously haven't found vendors. Apparently, some of you haven't either. I preordered, so I got the red challenger. Nonetheless, get gold in all races and you'll get a black one. The orange challengers are normally people who like orange or children that just want a cool car, but they were too young to preorder. I also have two Hannibals. I believe just playing the game gives you a black and green one. I found a white and red one from a weapons vendor as a special item. I also have two of the quads. One is red, and the other is black, I think. They came from either ark codes, preordering the legendary, or early story. I apologize that everyone wants the same car. That's called demand.

Good point.

If you dont want to be like the horde of casuals, grind to get something different. The variety is in the game. SO im still confused about this rant?

Aycid
04-15-2013, 10:35 AM
Im lookin at getting hte black Challenger

then you gotta get gold in all the race challenges and your set :)

Vaylgar
04-15-2013, 10:37 AM
As someone who grew up messing with game code, and am currently studying to be a programer. I can say, nothing about making a change in a game is easy. An analogy, try removing a single NON sticky strand from the inner most circle of a small spider's web without damaging the rest of the web, while wearing a pair of heavy leatherman gloves. Good luck even identifying which strands are the non sticky ones from a glance! It's gonna be a long and tiring process. Why do people think it takes years to make a game? Hell, even CoD, a game in which most of the work is done for them, they just have to make a few new maps and update a visual here and there, still takes them 2 years. (Two different companies work on the CoD series, they release a new game annually together)

If you are studying programming then you should be aware of SQL Data bases and queries and how easy it is if you know how to do them to make changes to data code , a "seasoned" programmer wouldn't have much trouble changing certain things in game, more a matter of time doing it.

Aycid
04-15-2013, 10:37 AM
Good point.

If you dont want to be like the horde of casuals, grind to get something different. The variety is in the game. SO im still confused about this rant?

the only *grind* for a vehicle is the black challenger........... people just want to grind for more than just one ride, whats so wrong about that? i woulkd also like to see things cost more scrip to.

Death Wish
04-15-2013, 10:48 AM
Black Challenger Ftw.

Death Wish
04-15-2013, 10:50 AM
Black challenger Ftw. (got her last night) .

REiiGN15
04-15-2013, 10:51 AM
If your challenger is purple...then you just plum crazy...like me!!

Aycid
04-15-2013, 10:52 AM
Black Challenger Ftw.

IF they dumb down the race challenges then our *hard earned* black challenger is going to be just as bland as the orange one is :(

"god help me but i shudder to think what a challenging game will be like in 20 years"

Grit
04-15-2013, 10:59 AM
IF they dumb down the race challenges then our *hard earned* black challenger is going to be just as bland as the orange one is :(

"god help me but i shudder to think what a challenging game will be like in 20 years"

oddly enough game controllers had 1 button and a stick..now they have like what 10 buttons, two analog sticks and a d-pad...i bet they devolve again sometime soon

Demoniku22
04-15-2013, 11:01 AM
It would be nice if they brought the Cerberus into PvE and make it a boss drop with a .07% drop rating or sell it at a vendor fo 1.5m scrip. I would also like it if they gave us some of the vehicles just sitting around the map, like do this pursuit and get the raider buggies or do this pursuit and get the flatbed trucks, and finish this pursuit and get that DM personel carrier.

xxTactics42xx
04-15-2013, 11:01 AM
well guess what I saw a RAIDER Hulker come in and killed the progenerator in one hit it was the funniest thing to see it go from full health to pieces lol X0

Pelaquin
04-15-2013, 11:12 AM
Real men drive a pink Duni !!.

Kyro
04-15-2013, 11:12 AM
I ride about in a black Challenger, I like it and all... But, you can sure as hell bet I will change to a purple one or whatever barely anyone uses, the moment I see lots of them about... Same thing for my costume. Well I'm waiting for the other version to get in the Defiance store but if I see lots of people wearing it... I'll go crazy and revert all the way back to the outlaw costume lol.

At the moment this isn't a problem but when or if it does... I'll rage on the forum for more variety of stuff overall. >.>

IIIB StripesIII
04-15-2013, 11:36 AM
Hilarious. I stopped using the pre-order Red since everyone had one. I got the Plum Crazy from a vendor and I was happy to separate myself from that crowd, but I eventually bought (and don't use) the Orange. If you have the Black, job well done, but I'm seeing a lot more of them already.

xeqtR
04-15-2013, 11:47 AM
I have a sliver one got it for 500 script!!!! what a deal.

You know it! I got a white one for 500 scrip on release day from the first vendor, used nothing else since :D

Strange enough i don't see many white ones about.

Kilo Wiskey
04-15-2013, 12:06 PM
I was also in a Arkfall when all of a sudden a Hulker came to the rescue and smashed the dang Mature Hellion. We had a bunch of people focusing on other things and I don't know if someone ran passed him and brought him to the party or if he was just hanging out waiting for some action. Regardless was the best part of my morning since I deal no damage anymore during arkfalls. Just thought I would share.

mavado454
04-15-2013, 01:44 PM

LOL! My thoughts exactly! I thought I was the only one annoyed by this.

Kysumu
04-15-2013, 03:02 PM
this game's rolling hills make me want a dirt bike....

Thank you...... this made me lol;)

Daimyon
04-15-2013, 03:17 PM
If I recall, during the beta, there were other vehicles like 4x4s and trucks. Although, that may just be a hallucination.

Krazee DD
04-15-2013, 03:48 PM
If I recall, during the beta, there were other vehicles like 4x4s and trucks. Although, that may just be a hallucination.

We had a sweet toyota like truck in the beta. Have not seen one yet.

ryanlecocq
04-15-2013, 03:49 PM
I would love to see a real world vehicle that is not a 2013 model Dodge vehicle. As a muscle car owner and enthusiast, I think the new Dodge 'muscle car imitations' are crap. I leave them at stoplights regularly in my 1973 GMC Sprint with custom engine. I wanna see some REAL Mad Max cars in this game, like beat up Subaru Brats and Bronco IIs with turrets in the back. The kind of stuff in the future parts of the Terminator movies.

A challenger made to look "apocalyptic" is just an abomination.

AngrySpartan
04-15-2013, 03:50 PM
I love my black charger. :D

Me too! :D

Krazee DD
04-15-2013, 03:51 PM
I would love to see a real world vehicle that is not a 2013 model Dodge vehicle. As a muscle car owner and enthusiast, I think the new Dodge 'muscle car imitations' are crap. I leave them at stoplights regularly in my 1973 GMC Sprint with custom engine. I wanna see some REAL Mad Max cars in this game, like beat up Subaru Brats and Bronco IIs with turrets in the back. The kind of stuff in the future parts of the Terminator movies.

A challenger made to look "apocalyptic" is just an abomination.

Well Defiance is set in the future, so a 2013 Challenger is a CLASSIC!

BlueLou61
04-16-2013, 04:10 AM
I've still got my standard 'red' pre-order Dodge and am happy to stick with that and a decent quad! Not too bothered about the colour as long as it gets me from A - B.

However if we are talking about vehicles (usually a Dodge or Buggy) at Arkfall events ....... Oh how I wish people would stop just driving around in circles using them to hit bugs!