PDA

View Full Version : So would the paid DLC be worth getting?

Aycid
04-15-2013, 12:11 AM
im thinking about getting the season pass, but as it stands it doesnt seem to appealing? a new race? exclusive vehicles that i will probably be able to get from a vendor anyway at a special for 500 scrip?!?!

If anyone has any solid info in what we will/might be getting in the future or can lead me to a site that does would be great thanks :)

since we are all getting the DLC anyway for free i cannot see the incentive to pay 3600 MS or so for so little....?

Daos Draxon
04-15-2013, 01:10 AM
Anything that is introduced through dlc such as weapons, outfits, new races etc. will only be available to those who purchase the content. The only thing you get for free is new areas and quests but you will not be allowed to keep any items you aquire from the new content. So if you like the game then it will be worth the purchase.

lil frier
04-15-2013, 01:22 AM
What do you mean that you can't keep what you get, that you don't get quest rewards if you don't have the Season Pass? I don't think it's worth $40 for a race and some aesthetics myself, so unless that pass comes with extra things to do--quests and maps and such--it's not worth it to me.

duction
04-15-2013, 01:55 AM
I'd laugh if they had check points like on boarders to stop immigrants entering, only letting paid DLC users in lol!

Jk buy anyway you will prolly have te map to drive around in but won't have the missions and all the cool new loot :)

kajun mulisha
04-15-2013, 02:40 AM
the reason is the free content and new areas will be to keep people playing together. i have heard them say that some stuff will not be kept in the new areas if you dont have the dlc...but its a far fetched thing to say that nothing at all will be able to save. im sure it applies to buying dlc vendor items or something. why do a quest in a new area for no reward? that defeats the purpose of even releasing it free to keep people together...fact is nobody knows for sure what the guidelines will be. they havent said anything other than what ive mentioned. if somebody says they know specifics, they are full of it. we all have to wait and see

kajun mulisha
04-15-2013, 02:44 AM
oh and to the op...if your not sure dont buy the season pass. buy the dlc individually. see what they offer. if the first is good and the free, paid stuff is balanced out, then get it....im not buying the season pass yet. im buying the first one by itself. i have bought 2 season passes for other games just off hype, and i didnt keep the games long enough to get all of them. lesson learned

ocktos
04-15-2013, 03:12 AM
i have faith Trion will have both great content to keep players together and not forcing player zones from being split apart, but im almost certain they will have paid content worth its price, and not just cars/Races/New Weapons

i'd assume that the new weapons / weapon types and new factions will be for those who paid for the content... the areas will be open to explore and participate, but the bigger features of those will encourage people to purchase.

i'd also assume that the new weapons will only be sold via vendor / Faction vendor... to prevent it from being random loot drop... to prevent friends who bought the content trading the new weapons among his clan or friends, since those items are untrade-able being bought with reputation

dodmayhem
04-15-2013, 03:16 AM
It is all a matter of preference. Will you spend more money in the long run buying the DLC packs separately? Yes. But, if you are unsure you can always wait until some of the packs come out and weigh what they offer then buy the season pass.

If the DLC includes new areas you will probably not be able to access them without purchasing the DLC. I'd think of them like expansions. I highly doubt they will let you jump into new areas for free and then not let you keep rewards. That makes no sense really.

ocktos
04-15-2013, 03:25 AM
It is all a matter of preference. Will you spend more money in the long run buying the DLC packs separately? Yes. But, if you are unsure you can always wait until some of the packs come out and weigh what they offer then buy the season pass.

If the DLC includes new areas you will probably not be able to access them without purchasing the DLC. I'd think of them like expansions. I highly doubt they will let you jump into new areas for free and then not let you keep rewards. That makes no sense really.

they've already stated the new zones will allow free players to enjoy, to prevent friends being separated. IE Free probably = New zone / some freebie quests / New arkfall events / road side emergency events

while paid content entitles players with new Races, new cars purchase-able from vendor / weapons / new co-op instances / new Costumes

i don't believe those new weapons will be dropped as loot... it will encourage players to just trade them down to they're friends... i'd assume it will be faction vendor locked as it is present.. to make it easier to address, then have to implement a system of who has the content and make the RNG roll which loot you may receive if you've paid or haven't

Cl Chaos
04-15-2013, 03:26 AM
I'd laugh if they had check points like on boarders to stop immigrants entering, only letting paid DLC users in lol!

omg that would be the best thing ever :D

take a buddy to the dlc in a roller get stopped "You are clear but Sir do have anything with you that shouldn't cross? with i.e plants hellbugs scrabers etc?" "um nope just me and my guns" "hey Terrance whats going on y cant we cross?" "shut up Phillip" "Sir i just heard someone talking do u mind stepping outta the Roller?" and of course not wanting to pay the fine for trying to sneak a friend over u run they give chase you end up getting a rep and a bad *** point and u are swarmed in no time as u try and lose them.

ya that's right the need to add rep as in if your going to b evil or good seeing as how its advertised "your choices can shape the show" i haven't seen any choices like why couldn't we side with Nim? lol

ocktos
04-15-2013, 03:29 AM
majority of the people are probably humans in this game, so nim already holds you hostile since he wants to wipe you off the face of the earth....lol, or can we call it earth anymore?....more like Galactic Refugee camp # 419....

duction
04-15-2013, 03:30 AM
It will be interesting to see how they manage this, what's to stop people buying these suits and Guns and just trading them to non dlc payers to make a profit? I wouldn't so this my self but I'm sure others would!

dodmayhem
04-15-2013, 03:32 AM
omg that would be the best thing ever :D

take a buddy to the dlc in a roller get stopped "You are clear but Sir do have anything with you that shouldn't cross? with i.e plants hellbugs scrabers etc?" "um nope just me and my guns" "hey Terrance whats going on y cant we cross?" "shut up Phillip" "Sir i just heard someone talking do u mind stepping outta the Roller?" and of course not wanting to pay the fine for trying to sneak a friend over u run they give chase you end up getting a rep and a bad *** point and u are swarmed in no time as u try and lose them.

ya that's right the need to add rep as in if your going to b evil or good seeing as how its advertised "your choices can shape the show" i haven't seen any choices like why couldn't we side with Nim? lol

When they say your choices can help shape the show I imagine it is more tied to the episodic missions that will release after the episodes air.

But back to the topic of the DLC. It is a free to play MMO. So I wouldn't complain too hard about needing to buy DLC or them charging for new content. They have to make a living too.

Cl Chaos
04-15-2013, 03:32 AM
im thinking about getting the season pass, but as it stands it doesnt seem to appealing? a new race? exclusive vehicles that i will probably be able to get from a vendor anyway at a special for 500 scrip?!?!

If anyone has any solid info in what we will/might be getting in the future or can lead me to a site that does would be great thanks :)

since we are all getting the DLC anyway for free i cannot see the incentive to pay 3600 MS or so for so little....?

all xbox gamers know the dlc is worth it y? increase the gamer score oh ya and come on its a years worth of dlc and its more then just races and cars but luckily for some we don't need to get the season pass cuz it came free with out copy :D sometimes paying that extra $90 is so worth it i love that statue and messenger bag :D

dodmayhem
04-15-2013, 03:34 AM
Considering this is an MMO. I wonder if this will be one of the games that you will be able to play on the "Xbox 720". Then again I plan on keeping my 360 for at least a year after the new Xbox comes out so I guess it doesn't matter.

The 360 wasn't backwards compatible except for a few titles so maybe Defiance will be one?

ocktos
04-15-2013, 03:35 AM
It will be interesting to see how they manage this, what's to stop people buying these suits and Guns and just trading them to non dlc payers to make a profit? I wouldn't so this my self but I'm sure others would!

if you look at the faction based vendors... you'll see that they are untrade-able...... i'd assume they'd fallow the same formula... play missions / quests in area gain reputation for new items to unlock/ purchase

lol if you dont know about this feature purchase a weapon from a vbi / vot / top notch vendor and see how the trade with your friend goes with that item :D

lil frier
04-15-2013, 03:49 AM
Considering this is an MMO. I wonder if this will be one of the games that you will be able to play on the "Xbox 720". Then again I plan on keeping my 360 for at least a year after the new Xbox comes out so I guess it doesn't matter.

The 360 wasn't backwards compatible except for a few titles so maybe Defiance will be one?

The 360 supported 300+ Xbox (the original) games last I checked, several years ago. However, they've said that the CPU architecture of the new Xbox will be different (x86) from the 360 (Power PC). That means they have to either create emulation software (which isn't likely, from what I read), or they simply won't have backwards compatibility. The alternative solution is to have the ability to credit accounts with digital copies of games (they did this once with Halo Reach, during their new disc format beta), but not sure how that would go.

But hey, to those saying they will/won't release this stuff free, remember that these folks made Rift. That's free-to-play as well, but you have to pay for the expansions. However, we also know that MMOs are known for adding patch content, though this isn't a classic MMORPG like WoW or something, where those patches were raids (something this game doesn't REALLY have). So it's too hard to know for sure, but my guess is that they'll have content for free, but maybe they also do some upper-level stuff that expands the main story that's paid DLC? They could do episode missions free and main missions paid.

dodmayhem
04-15-2013, 03:52 AM
The 360 supported 300+ Xbox (the original) games last I checked, several years ago. However, they've said that the CPU architecture of the new Xbox will be different (x86) from the 360 (Power PC). That means they have to either create emulation software (which isn't likely, from what I read), or they simply won't have backwards compatibility. The alternative solution is to have the ability to credit accounts with digital copies of games (they did this once with Halo Reach, during their new disc format beta), but not sure how that would go.

But hey, to those saying they will/won't release this stuff free, remember that these folks made Rift. That's free-to-play as well, but you have to pay for the expansions. However, we also know that MMOs are known for adding patch content, though this isn't a classic MMORPG like WoW or something, where those patches were raids (something this game doesn't REALLY have). So it's too hard to know for sure, but my guess is that they'll have content for free, but maybe they also do some upper-level stuff that expands the main story that's paid DLC? They could do episode missions free and main missions paid.

This is what I think. lol. The entire post is right along my though process. About the new xbox and the DLC for Defiance.

The only other option I see is Trion releasing a 720 version of Defiance. I mean all the character info is stored on their servers. I imagine they could just put the game on a 720 compatible disc? lol.

Cl Chaos
04-15-2013, 03:55 AM
This is what I think. lol. The entire post is right along my though process. About the new xbox and the DLC for Defiance.

The only other option I see is Trion releasing a 720 version of Defiance. I mean all the character info is stored on their servers. I imagine they could just put the game on a 720 compatible disc? lol.

and then release another ultimate edition featuring a R/C Roller :D dude count me in here Trion have another $160

Cl Chaos
04-15-2013, 04:01 AM

or they can make it so that the ppl who don't have the dlc don't see the item like some games have done or when u go to trade it wont show up on your list so theres no way ppl can get it

Pokemon red, blue, and yellow could trade with gold, silver, and crystal if it was all original with no new moves so it can be done

Aycid
04-15-2013, 04:12 AM
Only you see your own drops, and im pretty sure new weapons/items will be drops also. otherwise where is the fun in that rare loot drop?

ill just wait till tomorrow and see what paid DLC players get, and then decide wether its worth it or not.

Cl Chaos
04-15-2013, 04:16 AM
Achievements hopefully they add capture and hold and freight yard so we can get those achievements

Aycid
04-15-2013, 10:30 AM
Achievements hopefully they add capture and hold and freight yard so we can get those achievements

I really dont see the big deal with chevos, so you get an extra 1000 or so to your 10,000's with every game so what?

Nemesis969
04-15-2013, 10:34 AM
For games I know I am going to put a lot of hours into I always get the season pass.

Psykosis
04-15-2013, 10:37 AM
Im not planning on buying the DLC till they release more info on wuts involved

Aycid
04-15-2013, 10:39 AM
Im not planning on buying the DLC till they release more info on wuts involved

this is exactly what im thinking, but i am itching to buy the DLC............

Thanx4tehfish
04-15-2013, 01:02 PM
So I wonder what color the new weapons will be? If they add anything else it will be pay to win.