PDA

View Full Version : Cloak severely needs to be nerfed in versus

LifeExpectancy
04-15-2013, 12:37 AM
Someone can be standing right in front of you and cloak and POOF they're invisible for 15 or more seconds with full movement speed and absolutely no penalty. That is beyond ridiculous. Don't tell me to use decoy to decloak them because decoy is a joke. They need to be at least partially visible like other games where you see a distortion when someone is cloaked.

Taux
04-15-2013, 12:39 AM
I completely agree. ontop of never being able to see them until they uncloak, they can get back into cloak almost immediately after taking damage with no visibility penalty.

Needs to be a shimmer effect so you can actually see them.

Mahemium
04-15-2013, 12:41 AM
The shimmer effect is exactly what makes cloaking underpowered in other games.

Shootersa
04-15-2013, 12:43 AM
are you guys stupid or actually ever even tried to use cloak?
there is a delay of 1 or 2 sec when ppl cloak also cloak runs for about 15-20 secs which isn't really that much tbh also shooting or doing anything will disable cloak, and when someone is close to yo then you should be able to see somekind of distortion.

Era
04-15-2013, 12:43 AM
"POOF"

No, there's like a 3 second countdown that can be reset whenever they take damage while they fade and any DoT keeps them permanently visible further more decoy knocks em into visibility and so does attacking. You're just mad they can clear a corner before you can reload your sawed off buying them enough time to go full cloak. If you were using any other gun type you'd be able to keep em visible and they'd be the ones here complaining that cloak is totally underpowered.

Armitage
04-15-2013, 12:45 AM
*popcorn* 10/chars

Gero
04-15-2013, 12:45 AM
There's a lot of problems with pvp in this game right now. Cloak and shotty is really strong because the maps are so small and cluttered. It makes it very easy to avoid longer ranged weapons and so you can always use cloak offensively. Blur + shotgun is just as bad. Detonators and infectors are also really ruff in competitive pvp. It doesn't help that generally speaking other weapons are just harder to use effectively. Its much harder to land kills with a ar, smg or sniper and seeing as all people need to do to survive you is roll around 1 of the 10,000 things cluttering these tiny maps.

Evilution
04-15-2013, 12:59 AM
Cloak has more advantages over the other powers - invisiblity, shield regen and has a 30% damage buff perk (which overcharge only reaches) while cloaked. If you used overcharge with a one shot and then reload weapon, compared to cloak it isn't beneficial after the insta-reload from activating it. Cloak can use the one shot then hide after a second or so and regen the shield, while overcharge is left in plain sight and still only gets the same damage buff from the next shot.

MrViewtiful
04-15-2013, 01:08 AM
Ther is a perk that increases active ego power after a kill so active ability last longer, and cloak isn't as bad a Blur personally :P

Shootersa
04-15-2013, 01:10 AM
Ther is a perk that increases active ego power after a kill so active ability last longer, and cloak isn't as bad a Blur personally :P

Blur is just useless.

illgot
04-15-2013, 01:11 AM
The shimmer effect is exactly what makes cloaking underpowered in other games.

I think the shimmer effect only happens when they run or get hit.

I've had people come up a ladder (only way up) and I didn't see them. The only explanation is he teleported himself or when you walk/climb slowly you do not shimmer.

MrViewtiful
04-15-2013, 01:14 AM
Blur is just useless.

Not from what I seen o.o

osiris
04-15-2013, 01:18 AM
i have used blur in pvp i got 25 kills that game love it makes u nearly impossable to hit just be happy u cant use 2 abilitys at once

Evilution
04-15-2013, 01:19 AM
Blur + canker + bio = speed machine of death :p

Shootersa
04-15-2013, 01:21 AM
i find it relative easy to kill ppl with blur, really never had a problem with them.

Dryblood
04-15-2013, 01:22 AM
I have no problem with cloak it does fit with PVP and can be easily beaten the issue is, is that the other skills simply do not have as much effect in PVP.

MrViewtiful
04-15-2013, 01:22 AM
Blur + canker + bio = speed machine of death :p

Hate that mix D:

osiris
04-15-2013, 01:24 AM
blur takes skill to use i have to admit when i first used it i died alot but with the perks and learning the real way to use it and not die its a tanking ability in my opinion

MrViewtiful
04-15-2013, 01:28 AM
(Blur) I seen someone kill a full team in one life, she/he didn't die once and finished the game with 16 kills o.o

Evilution
04-15-2013, 01:30 AM
Poor old DECOY needs a buff tbh, the AI is too much a give away. Maybe if it didn't just run and stand there and instead mirrored your movements from a distance, like crouching, jumping, strafing, it might be useful. It might be over-powered also :p, but it does need some love in pvp lol.

DomuS
04-15-2013, 01:31 AM
Blur + shotty with the right perks is the current op build, even more then cloak + shotty. If you think it is not, you are clearly doing it wrong.

MrViewtiful
04-15-2013, 01:32 AM
Blur + shotty with the right perks is the current op build, even more then cloak + shotty. If you think it is not, you are clearly doing it wrong.

Thank you! And people called Cloak and shotty op...

Shootersa
04-15-2013, 01:32 AM
Poor old DECOY needs a buff tbh, the AI is too much a give away. Maybe if it didn't just run and stand there and instead mirrored your movements from a distance, like crouching, jumping, strafing, it might be useful. It might be over-powered also :p, but it does need some love in pvp lol.

i guess or at least make it shoot or something so that it looks that the decoy is just charging at you blasting his gun lol

MrViewtiful
04-15-2013, 01:33 AM

That would be nice, or have it Auto aim at other players and shoot them. Wont hurt them but they don't know that in the quick heat of battle >:3

MrViewtiful
04-15-2013, 01:33 AM
i guess or at least make it shoot or something so that it looks that the decoy is just charging at you blasting his gun lol

same thought ;)

Evilution
04-15-2013, 01:34 AM
i guess or at least make it shoot or something so that it looks that the decoy is just charging at you blasting his gun lolyeah, something that isn't such a giveaway. I mean half of time it goes and just stands against something, doing nothing, it might as well start shouting "hey look at me, I'm a Decoy" lol :p

MrViewtiful
04-15-2013, 01:36 AM
yeah, something that isn't such a giveaway. I mean half of time it goes and just stands against something, doing nothing, it might as well start shouting "hey look at me, I'm a Decoy" lol :p

Id think it be a player busy looking at **** >w>
Edit: aw I cant put that word xD

Jack Johnson
04-15-2013, 01:44 AM
At first I thought Infectors were OP due to preventing restealth, but I've started to change my mind after trying to actively not use my infector. The target basically poofs when you stop shooting them, if you try to reload against a stealther they're gone. Just horrible. Most other games stealth is balanced by having either long restealth time, visibility while doing anything but crouch-walking, or both. +30% damage = +30% damage, immediate shield restore, the ability to get the jump on your opponent and ability to escape most fights? No wonder few people use overcharge. You shouldn't be forced to use a specific weapon to counter stealth.

makcten420
04-15-2013, 01:51 AM
hell i use a sawed off with single shot that has the +10% ego power recovery and the camo everytime camo wears off take 2-3 shots...camos back along with all the camo perks to make it 22 seconds long and to make ego power come back on dmg i stay camo 90% of the time...i also tossed in the mod to make my sawed off reload faster so i can get the 10% even faster lol....i just take a cpl shotgun blasts at the wall to get my camo back screw actually firing at peeps when im not camo

MarauderShields
04-15-2013, 01:52 AM
So much for Pvp without limits :cool:

shaun26
04-15-2013, 02:01 AM
Someone can be standing right in front of you and cloak and POOF they're invisible for 15 or more seconds with full movement speed and absolutely no penalty. That is beyond ridiculous. Don't tell me to use decoy to decloak them because decoy is a joke. They need to be at least partially visible like other games where you see a distortion when someone is cloaked.
Was wondering how long it would take xbox live community to start moaning about being killed.
Cod nerf the m16
Halo nerf the frags.
Forza the enzo is too fast.
Battlefield nerf everything.
Play smart work with ur team,cover fire and watch each other'sback.
Guy in cloak will get blasted.

makcten420
04-15-2013, 02:03 AM
Overcharge should also Overcharge ure shields IMO...give u a temporary shield boost 2 that even some stuff out

Hexi
04-15-2013, 02:03 AM
There's many viable weapon/build combos for PvP, stop copy/pasting what you read on a forum full of copy/paste junk. The time to kill in this game is so low that you can kill almost instantly with any weapon archetype with the right setup.

For example going head on with a shotty user, use decoy as a shield in front of you to soak the first shots and he is dead.

reaper1426
04-15-2013, 02:05 AM

heres a tip ****** use cloak oh wait that was to much thinking involved on your part my bad ill get your bottle you silly baby

MrViewtiful
04-15-2013, 02:12 AM
Was wondering how long it would take xbox live community to start moaning about being killed.
Cod nerf the m16
Halo nerf the frags.
Forza the enzo is too fast.
Battlefield nerf everything.
Play smart work with ur team,cover fire and watch each other'sback.
Guy in cloak will get blasted.

Last I checked, everyone is complaining about it :P

Warkaiser
04-15-2013, 02:18 AM
It sounds like the majority of people in this thread dont realize you can completely remove someones cloak by hitting them with any kind of explosive damage. Show me another skill that explosives make completely useless and reset you back to having to wait for full cooldown then try complaining how OP it is.

Youre playing on a team, learn to work as a team with others rather than trying to be solo all-stars. Keep an eye out for cloakers going after your teamates and nail the area with explosives = no more cloak for them. There are several other ways of countering cloak too. Learn to use them rather than crying for nerfs.

LifeExpectancy
04-15-2013, 09:03 AM
No, DOT does not keep them visible. I've watched someone that got hit by a flame grenade immediately cloak and run off. They can be standing right in front of you and disappear. And 15-20 seconds of invisibility with no movement speed reduction is VERY powerful, to think otherwise is just silly.

My friend routinely goes 7 and 3, 9 and 4, etc on Waterfront. Tonight he tried cloak and IMMEDIATELY went 14 and 0 on that match. He switched back off of cloak because it is very obviously overpowered.

We played against the same team for like 7 or 8 games. We completely destroyed them the first 6 games, then magically they all switched from blur and overcharge to Cloak (at least 4 of the 6 were using cloak after the first 6 games when none of them cloaked). As soon as all those guys on their team switched to cloak, they won the next match. We were beating them 25-10 routinely prior to that, and lost by 3 the match they started using Cloak. For an ability to somehow magically make these guys that can't hit the broad side of a barn and lose 6 matches in a row to suddenly win is testament to just how overpowered it is.

Cloak needs a reduced duration and/or a movement speed penalty, at the very LEAST.

LifeExpectancy
04-15-2013, 09:04 AM
heres a tip ****** use cloak oh wait that was to much thinking involved on your part my bad ill get your bottle you silly baby

I'm not going to use cloak myself out of sheer ****ing principle.

DeMoted
04-15-2013, 09:06 AM
"I died to someone with this perk or I am not good at that perk so change it"

LifeExpectancy
04-15-2013, 09:11 AM
I'm sure I would be quite good using cloak if I so chose. I have never even put a point into it. I have never used it a single time in PvP. I categorically refuse to use such a cheap-*** overpowered ability.

And I've died plenty to people using other powers, but the obvious boost cloak gives to unskilled players is shockingly evident and needs fixing.