PDA

View Full Version : Just hit 3000 ego... Anyone else 3k+ yet?

KATIEYAY
04-15-2013, 01:52 AM
I am just curious as to see where the more dedicated players stand.

Shootersa
04-15-2013, 01:55 AM

Pics or it didn't happen!
anyways i'm EGO 1300 ish or something now, trying to complete most of my pursuits and i'd really want a pic showing that you reached 3k.
also perhaps show one for the EGO V Pursuit which states that you need 4k to complete it or something, at least that way we know it's not photoshopped. :D

Graylen
04-15-2013, 01:56 AM
This is not dedication, this is a complete lack of life :x
Theres a streamer whos on like 16 hours a day, has done 3 24 hour marathons and is only at like 1900 something.

Jamesdanex
04-15-2013, 01:58 AM

Wtf, I was proud of my 1.2k thanks for ruining that. >:/

B_Draco
04-15-2013, 02:00 AM
anyways i'm EGO 1300 ish or something now, trying to complete most of my pursuits and i'd really want a pic showing that you reached 3k.
also perhaps show one for the EGO V Pursuit which states that you need 4k to complete it or something, at least that way we know it's not photoshopped. :D

You know what the hardest part about getting that high an EGO(3000)? New class comes out soon, and you gotta restart LMAO!

MadMropheus
04-15-2013, 02:00 AM
pic's or I wont believe your BS!

Shootersa
04-15-2013, 02:01 AM
Wtf, I was proud of my 1.2k thanks for ruining that. >:/

unless we get a pic of the actual rating i say that you should see this as fake :p i really can't believe tbh that someone would have reached 3k already.

Shootersa
04-15-2013, 02:03 AM
You know what the hardest part about getting that high an EGO(3000)? New class comes out soon, and you gotta restart LMAO!

why would you need to restart when there is a new race coming out?
tbh i am perfectly fine with the human i am playing right now and i bet they are gonna have Race Changes released at the same point or after that so i'm in no worries, also how is that related to the fact of having 3k EGO rating?

Jamesdanex
04-15-2013, 02:04 AM
tbh i am perfectly fine with the human i am playing right now and i bet they are gonna have Race Changes released at the same point or after that so i'm in not worries, also how is that related to the fact of having 3k EGO rating?
Agreed, I never see my character anyways, always has his gear on and covering his face

Shazoom
04-15-2013, 02:07 AM
My toon looks WAYYYYYY too Latino.

Also 3000 ego? You need some sun.

Arsenic_Touch
04-15-2013, 02:11 AM
That feel when you realize your preorder weapons are still on par with your 3000 EGO weapons.

Kane
04-15-2013, 02:13 AM
I call BS on that...go to settings, graphic settings, run in window mode, press print screen button on your keyboard and open pain (windows paint or any other image editing software) and press ctrl+v (paste) and save, then upload here (just in case you didn't know how to print screen)

alienoid
04-15-2013, 02:15 AM
That feel when you realize your preorder weapons are still on par with your 3000 EGO weapons.

Which is good ! Finally some freebees usable ad vitam and not trashed 5 mins right after the first log in !

Aranhawk
04-15-2013, 02:15 AM
Its rubbish, Im just over 1300ego now, can possible gain another 300-500more that the game allows , Ive made tons of kills pvp and pve, loads of arkfals, But my stats are not progresing, I have seen another player with 1800+ god knows how, but 3k....RUBBISH

I did say game allows i know theres over 4000 available but the game is not registering stats.......eg:on goals ive made 100multiplayer kills and got the goal for it, I only do waterfront and observatory, but between the 2 it shows ive made like 5-10kills on both, trust me thats 20-30x by now.

I have not completed 1 multiplayer pursuit because its not registering scores, If it did im sure i would have half them done by now, which is sad knowing the game is barely a week old.

Hexi
04-15-2013, 02:17 AM
OP is lying most likely to troll you people into 100 "get a life" comments.

alienoid
04-15-2013, 02:21 AM
Its rubbish, Im just over 1300ego now, can possible gain another 300-500more that the game allows , Ive made tons of kills pvp and pve, loads of arkfals, But my stats are not progresing, I have seen another player with 1800+ god knows how, but 3k....RUBBISH

I did say game allows i know theres over 4000 available but the game is not registering stats.......eg:on goals ive made 100multiplayer kills and got the goal for it, I only do waterfront and observatory, but between the 2 it shows ive made like 5-10kills on both, trust me thats 20-30x by now.

Only a handful of pursuits are resetting, out of 104. And there's pure grinding too. The guys are running San Quentin in loop : 4 EGo points for each weapon skill, 10 points for each xp bar filled. They do that all day long (don't ask me why they do, that's beyond my understandings ;) )

illgot
04-15-2013, 02:25 AM
If you know where to go I can see 3k possible. But wow, I'm only at 1100 now :)

atlantix
04-15-2013, 02:27 AM
3000 sounds nice
me and my friend playing since day 1
we play 10+ hr everyday
i'm 2000+ he is 2400+
3000 not that hard.. its possible..

Skydive
04-15-2013, 02:28 AM
This is not dedication, this is a complete lack of life :x
Theres a streamer whos on like 16 hours a day, has done 3 24 hour marathons and is only at like 1900 something.

Yeah I'm kinda with this guy on this one, according to my /played which shows 6 days, I'm only 1.5k ish. Ego leveling slows down quite dramatically after you done the pursuits and stuff.

The only way the OP or anyone else gonna hit that 3k+ around now is if they have been driving around through every emergencies since the game launched and let people complete them whilst they gain xp for doing nothing but drive around. In which case that person haven't really been playing the game, but exploiting a flaw in the game design!

B_Draco
04-15-2013, 02:29 AM
tbh i am perfectly fine with the human i am playing right now and i bet they are gonna have Race Changes released at the same point or after that so i'm in no worries, also how is that related to the fact of having 3k EGO rating?

No you gotta restart completely lol. Besides, it's not that hard to get everything back, hell I'd love my hydra back lol.

Munx
04-15-2013, 02:30 AM
have to laugh at all these people calling lie, the poster might very well be lieing, I have VERY little doubt that there are more then a few people at 3k+ out there.

If I wanted to I could easily do 200+ ego rating trough pure farming per day, and I am sure someone is crazy enough to go for that.

Personally I wont start hardcore grinding until pursuits are done, and then my focus will be on maxing all my weapons followed by hardcore grind to 4-5k.

Shootersa
04-15-2013, 02:40 AM
No you gotta restart completely lol. Besides, it's not that hard to get everything back, hell I'd love my hydra back lol.

Ugh ok, please explain why the hell would you need to restart when a new race is coming out?

Qei
04-15-2013, 02:47 AM

I want to stoke my e-peen and compare it to others in my not-so-veiled attempt at attention whoring*

There. I fixed it for you.

P.S. NO one cares.

Imitationwater
04-15-2013, 02:53 AM
Shes not lying. I'm @ 1480ish... waiting on the patch to hit so I can finally get credit for all those lovely bugged pursuits. GG Katie! Also I miss your stream!
How are those extra perk slots in pvp working out? I'm jelly!

KATIEYAY
04-15-2013, 02:55 AM

http://i.imgur.com/SFXdt6o.jpg

Shes not lying. I'm @ 1480ish... waiting on the patch to hit so I can finally get credit for all those lovely bugged pursuits. GG Katie! Also I miss your stream!
How are those extra perk slots in pvp working out? I'm jelly!

Thanks Imitation, I will try to stream more often and I thinking having 8 perks unlocked will make for some pretty interesting builds. I have a glass cannon build in mind using an LMG to combat shotguns. Not sure if it will work but we will find out haha.

Also I am simply curious to see how many others are at the 3k+ mark. I am merely trying to see how long the games lifespan will be with how easy it is at its current state.

MadMropheus
04-15-2013, 03:01 AM
http://i.imgur.com/SFXdt6o.jpg

Thanks Imitation, I will try to stream more often and I thinking having 8 perks unlocked will make for some pretty interesting builds. I have a glass cannon build in mind using an LMG to combat shotguns. Not sure if it will work but we will find out haha.

Also I am simply curious to see how many others are at the 3k+ mark. I am merely trying to see how long the games lifespan will be with how easy it is at its current state.

well all I can say is nice but you must have no life past your computer screen lol...
Your either very fat!
Very skinny....with wide caffeine eyes or drugged up playing 24/7

Bluegobln
04-15-2013, 03:03 AM
well all I can say is nice but you must have no life past your computer screen lol...
Your either very fat!
Very skinny....with wide caffeine eyes or drugged up playing 24/7What are you? The dictionary has a picture of you under the word perfection?

lol...

Someone in your life needs to kick you into reality I think.

ANYWAY - I am fairly impressed by 3k. I am not out to maximize my EGO, but if I were I think I could be in the 2.2k range right about now, probably, maybe...

As it is I am just short of 1300.

Disarmonia
04-15-2013, 03:05 AM
Goddanm, wish I could bring myself to play defiance that much. Good job reaching 3k.

twitch reflex
04-15-2013, 03:05 AM
Ugh ok, please explain why the hell would you need to restart when a new race is coming out?
Don't feed the trolls, and katieyay I'm impressed. May I ask what's a good way to level up.

MadMropheus
04-15-2013, 03:06 AM
What are you? The dictionary has a picture of you under the word perfection?

lol...

Someone in your life needs to kick you into reality I think.

ANYWAY - I am fairly impressed by 3k. I am not out to maximize my EGO, but if I were I think I could be in the 2.2k range right about now, probably, maybe...

As it is I am just short of 1300.

lol + plus 10 characters to post

Shootersa
04-15-2013, 03:07 AM

Define "easy" as i can't really see the game easy nor do i see it as very hard, yes i must agree that when you complete everything after the main missions and stuff there isn't much of a challenge so in that way yes it's easy, also i'm wondering how the hell you made it to 3K since allot of pursuits are bugged and i can think of not other way then that you must have been farming some event over and over until you reached the magic number 3k.

Nevertheless well done, i'm suprised and i thought that the highest would be somewhere near 2.6k or so.
Also i think this game lifespan is a bit mroe then you are thinking off, i mean they will still bring out 5 more DLC adding more content to the game itself and reaching 5k is for a normal gamer hard enough to reach and then i'm not even speaking of completing all the pursuits.

I think an average gamer who doesn't spend his entire time into the game itself can take 2 months or so to complete the game.
but then again i might be wrong.

FriendlyStranger
04-15-2013, 03:08 AM
Katie, if you are who I think you are (and no one else I could imagine would use that name) we should really chat on skype sometime. I'm being all incognito here. ;]

Judgement Dave
04-15-2013, 03:08 AM
I hit 5000 EGO but then carried on getting xp and it reset to 1...

obviously j/k

Blackwolfe
04-15-2013, 03:17 AM

There are no classes and races are purely cosmetic.

MadMropheus
04-15-2013, 03:19 AM
Katie, if you are who I think you are (and no one else I could imagine would use that name) we should really chat on skype sometime. I'm being all incognito here. ;]

Love is in the Air...

FriendlyStranger
04-15-2013, 03:33 AM
Lol, not love, well, kind of. Not the romantic kind, anyway. I can promise you that if this individual is who I think it is, she isn't lying. She's probably the least trolly person, in some regards, I've ever met. She may grab the most obvious easy mode weapon and consistently trash you with it for lulz because she can, but she wouldn't lie about a level.

FizzyMyNizzy
04-15-2013, 04:27 AM

Let me guess *mine 99* do the objective, and then go back out to reset. I really don't see the fun in that. Tho, yes the game does leave us with very little to do. I think my ego rating is 1957 from mostly ark fall to ark fall, and some coop 4 man.

Dwane
04-15-2013, 04:27 AM
3000 isnt so unreal, just incredibly boring abusing hotspot / mine99 over and over and over and over again.

Josnas
04-15-2013, 04:45 AM
I know a couple of people in our clan are close to or over 3k. Bulwark Securities, we require you to have teamspeak. http://www.bulwarkclan.net/home

P. S. KatieYAY is in our clan.

Ronan DEx
04-15-2013, 04:45 AM
I hate to say it, but.. pics or it didnt happen.

I'm not that high, only 1400.. I have a friend who is almost 2k.. and he has played ALOT. like a serious amount, so I fail to see how anyone could have hit 3k already without dying irl from lack of sleep!

prove it before we take you seriously.

edit: ahh, mine 99 farming, thats not dedication.. thats.. sad.. I can understand farming for some keycodes or so. but not all the way up to 3k.. thats just lame

Kodo
04-15-2013, 04:47 AM
Im dedicated to the game just not overly obsessed like others.

Bocon
04-15-2013, 06:00 AM
This level EGO is not hard to get if you have enormous amounts of play time, do pursuits, abuse the arkfall tapping bugs, hellbug emergency quests, and San Quentin hulker abuse.

Bigtk
04-15-2013, 06:10 AM
This is little more than a brag thread.

Orbital
04-15-2013, 06:17 AM
OP is lying most likely to troll you people into 100 "get a life" comments.
they are in my clan, they aren't lying last i saw they were around 2900, there is at least another member around that too. I'm only 1600 but could be that high if i really wanted to grindfest too.

RelativeBlue
04-15-2013, 06:21 AM
That's pretty hardcore. I haven't played daily since release and am at 1100 or so. I can see someone easily being at 3k+ if they played daily.
You must have intense coffee shakes by now.

Technodude
04-15-2013, 06:30 AM

Class? what game are you playing because it surely isn't Defiance.

JBoneFX
04-15-2013, 06:44 AM
I'm no where near 3k

...but to all those saying that he needs a life or some sun: Is that a way of expressing your envy and jealousy?

Perhaps you feel your life is better than the OP and that is how you can express it by judging this person to be 'wrong' in your own sense? I'm not a big fan of bragging, but I'm definitely not a fan of players who come here and claim they're better than others because they play less.

Blame your job... or your family... or your own lack of skills next time as to why you're not at 3k, how about that?

Ciannon
04-15-2013, 06:47 AM
I am just curious as to see where the other players who do not have jobs stand.

***fixed***

Ciannon
04-15-2013, 06:48 AM
I'm no where near 3k

...but to all those saying that he needs a life or some sun: Is that a way of expressing your envy and jealousy?

Perhaps you feel your life is better than the OP and that is how you can express it by judging this person to be 'wrong' in your own sense? I'm not a big fan of bragging, but I'm definitely not a fan of players who come here and claim they're better than others because they play less.

Blame your job... or your family... or your own lack of skills next time as to why you're not at 3k, how about that?

I do not think it has anything to do with Jelous. I think it has more to do with the gloating. "Hey! I'm EGO 3000! How many others have reached climax! That's what I thought. Nobody!"

Munx
04-15-2013, 06:49 AM
But climax is 4000... -.-

Orbital
04-15-2013, 06:52 AM
I thought it was 5000?

Ciannon
But climax is 4000... -.-

I know. He/she is talking like it's the end of the game, which is why I said that. Nobody cares if you are 3000. That's like saying, "Hey landlord, I have 300 bucks... I know I owe you another 200, but you'll get that in 2 weeks" when the rent was already past due. Nobody gives a flying circus about 75% completion in anything.

Ciannon
I thought it was 5000?

No, It's 4000.

JBoneFX
04-15-2013, 06:53 AM
I do not think it has anything to do with Jelous. I think it has more to do with the gloating. "Hey! I'm EGO 3000! How many others have reached climax! That's what I thought. Nobody!"

I totally get that, and like I said, I think the OP hosed himself by posting it. There is no advantage and really nothing to talk about by being at 3k that someone much lower couldn't relate to. But again, the haters are gonna hate...

Vault Dweller
04-15-2013, 06:54 AM
Blame your jobless self... or your family... or your own lack of social skills next time as to why you're at 3k, how about that?

Fixed it ^_^..FYI it doesn't really take skill to get your ego up just alot of grinding..

Sacrimony
04-15-2013, 06:55 AM
That is commitment! I thought I was hammering Defiance but this just beats em all. Well done Katie :D

And I love the way people are mocking this person because they have 3K+ Ego Rating, as if they were somehow in the wrong. Pure ****ing jealousy, the haters need to stick to CoD and games that don't allow gamers to have to think about what they're doing ;)

JBoneFX
04-15-2013, 06:57 AM
the original line was better...

Harnace
04-15-2013, 07:18 AM
Grats on 3000. I'm only at like 1100.

How did you do it? Just grinding or doing all pursuits?

ten4
04-15-2013, 07:25 AM
Good god and I thought I was doin ok at 2.1k...that's 185 hours so far for me. LOL.

So either these guys found one hell of an exploit or they have played 24 hours a day every day since launch.

By no means is this easy neither, it requires heavy duty grinding that most sane people would tire of quickly.

Ciannon
04-15-2013, 07:29 AM
Good god and I thought I was doin ok at 2.1k...that's 185 hours so far for me. LOL.

So either these guys found one hell of an exploit or they have played 24 hours a day every day since launch.

My guess is .....

1. He/She is not working, and doesn't sleep.
2. He/She is sleeping, and has his/her kid playing while he/she does sleep
3. Paid a farmer
4. Is really reallly good at finding ways to manipulate the system

osiris
04-15-2013, 07:32 AM
Its over 9000

Bioexorcist
04-15-2013, 07:32 AM
Hahahhaa, I'm in her guild and I can tell you she does have a life. She goes to school and sleeps. When shes on she's just a farming machine. We have another one whos right behind her in levels. Just gotta know where to farm.

Andross
04-15-2013, 07:34 AM

Go get some fresh air, the doctor recommends that.

KodiakX
04-15-2013, 07:39 AM

This is incorrect.

There is, in fact, progression in the game. The problem? It's pretty deep in.

See early on most items have single stats. For example most items follow the following formula:

Green = 1 base modifier (1.15x crit dmg, or 1.10x magazine, or 1.15x melee dmg, etc)
Blue = 1 base modifier, sometimes a Synergy
Purple = 1 base modifier, 1 special modifier (15% grenade recharge on kill, 10% ego refresh on critical kill, etc), Synergy
Orange = 1-2 base modifiers (sometimes stronger such as a 1.25x crit dmg), 1 special modifier, Synergy

Now those are the basic stats on most of the weapons right out the game. It follows these trends pretty good with the only real noticeable thing as you level is full Synergies become more common.

HOWEVER...around 1600 that's when another progression tick comes into play. That's when you start to see basic level weapons get better and stronger. You start to see things such as basic greens having two set bonuses that are also stronger like an Orange:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=139277536

Note the way that Assault Rifle has a 1.25x modifier instead of just a 1.15x modifier. You also see Blues with full Synergies and again the dual bonuses:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=139277346
(note that's +40% melee damage...)

This means you can have greens with stronger base modifiers than Oranges. Think of it like this:

http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/1210/defianceweaponpower.jpg

Another thing you'll notice is these weapons don't have all their mod slots. Likely what this means is as things ramp up towards 1500 (around 750? 1000?) weapons get all their mod slots and then lose them when they tick into the next bracket of power scaling. Over time I imagine you will see more mod slots in the bracket as you work towards the next bracket (which would make sense if it was around 3000-3200 or so because that'd give a place for a final bracket around 4500-4700 leading to 5000).

So the real problem isn't that there isn't progression, it's that progression takes such a long time that your average player won't notice it for quite some time. I mean really once you hit around 1250 and have done most of the pursuits (or grinded a lot) things slow down quite a bit as Major Arkfalls become your only real source of XP. That means your average person won't be hitting 1600 for a while (since honestly it REALLY slows down 1400-1500+) which means they likely won't start to see these bonuses kicking in.

Yenkin
04-15-2013, 07:44 AM
Wow, I am only sitting at 433 EGO at the moment, the game is like two weeks old and peple have played 185 hours!!! That is the equals 7.7 days, Damn that means someone is play 16 hours a day. Holy, unemployed, nolife players......

Get some sunshine.

Huds0n
04-15-2013, 07:49 AM
Damn right. It's not jealously although I do wish I had more play time but you know.....I play other games too! Shock

ten4
04-15-2013, 07:50 AM
Hahahhaa, I'm in her guild and I can tell you she does have a life. She goes to school and sleeps. When shes on she's just a farming machine. We have another one whos right behind her in levels. Just gotta know where to farm.

And where is this then? Do tell.

Insanityplea
04-15-2013, 08:05 AM
Mine 99
Prison Hulker
Driving around mindlessly running over Emergency Encounter mobs (not stopping to kill them all, just enough to credit participation)

Probably other ways I dont know of and places I dont know of. I know im at 1650 working on pursuits, as it stands now I just need are AR kills, Combat Shotgun kills and LMG kills for the combat pursuits (and the massive # of kills for Living to Kill V). I could finish the all the kills for combat shotgun in about 4hrs, LMG would take me about...a day? Barely used em only at 310 kills and AR would take me something like 12hrs? And thats with taking breaks. I just know a good place to murder-face mobs.

All it comes down to is knowing where to kill things and possibly breaking encounters to cause effect X to make your life easier.

And its not like its hard to level your weapon skills either. I went from BMG 2 to 10 and Infectors 0 to 10 in less than 12hrs. Probably something more like 5hrs.

ZEBUCITY
04-15-2013, 08:16 AM
I hit 4k EGO last night in prep for the show. It isn't hard, you just need to be determined, switch guns up and figure out the fastest ways to get it.

SS attached. Sorry my computer sucks so the resolution is really low. You can still see the rating though.

http://i1303.photobucket.com/albums/ag158/ZEBUCITY/4kego_zps1ca41ad5.png

Figma
04-15-2013, 08:28 AM
Mine 99
Prison Hulker
Driving around mindlessly running over Emergency Encounter mobs (not stopping to kill them all, just enough to credit participation)

Probably other ways I dont know of and places I dont know of. I know im at 1650 working on pursuits, as it stands now I just need are AR kills, Combat Shotgun kills and LMG kills for the combat pursuits (and the massive # of kills for Living to Kill V). I could finish the all the kills for combat shotgun in about 4hrs, LMG would take me about...a day? Barely used em only at 310 kills and AR would take me something like 12hrs? And thats with taking breaks. I just know a good place to murder-face mobs.

All it comes down to is knowing where to kill things and possibly breaking encounters to cause effect X to make your life easier.

And its not like its hard to level your weapon skills either. I went from BMG 2 to 10 and Infectors 0 to 10 in less than 12hrs. Probably something more like 5hrs.
Care to share where you are doing kills so fast? i know few places that respawn very fast

Bigtk
04-15-2013, 08:33 AM
Hey zebucity, great pic!!!!!!!

Orbital
04-15-2013, 08:39 AM
Care to share where you are doing kills so fast? i know few places that respawn very fast

It isn't about getting individual kills, they do add up but you get the biggest gains from completing the missions. The faster you can do that, the better.

Munx
04-15-2013, 08:55 AM
This is incorrect.

Grats, you have motivated me to level farm like a crazy person, secondly ... damn you.... you have motivated me to level farm like a crazy person... oh god im doomed.

Myria
04-15-2013, 08:57 AM
Anyone higher level than me is a no lifer and deserves to be mocked!

Anyone lower level than me is an unworthy casual and deserves to be mocked!

My level is, of course, exactly where you should be and represents the unquestionably perfect balance.

MMO forum goers, predictable as sunrise.

...If not nearly as bright.

Remag Div
04-15-2013, 09:21 AM
LOL these threads are always hilarious because it's the same thing no matter what game...

Just hit "absurdly high level very fast"... Anyone else "this" yet?
<insert modest stealth brag comment and asks the community where everyone else is at and pretend to care>
*10 pages of ridicule and neckbeard jealousy from the community ensues*

Shada Mori
04-15-2013, 09:22 AM

Yeeeah, if they had ever race of the TV show already in I would of still picked Irathient .. so I personally couldn't give a tit about the new races either. I'm at ER 1275 I think ... which I am more than happy with. I've been higher before though as I was an alpha player.. I am taking my time this time through and still enjoying myself even though its like my fourth play through. Its not really a race to get to the highest ego.. I'll never understand end game rushers... great, you've done everything.. now whatcha gonna do till the new content comes in a month+? :p

Munx
04-15-2013, 09:24 AM
Mine 99
Prison Hulker

While its not "hard" to level bmg's it is without a doubt the least enjoyable thing ive done in the game, still can't belive I did that **** twice...

Personally only miss 6 semi auto lvls to have completed all the combat pursuits - last living to kill.

TJluvmae
04-15-2013, 09:28 AM
Staying for the whole arkfall event is doing it wrong. most people with high(big) egos are just shooting one thing then going back to whatever they where doing to level. Arkfalls are a waste of time. Shadow Wars are better option, since your able can complete missions while in a shadow war, even arkfalls. sometimes i get 13k exp from a shadow war alone.

Remag Div
04-15-2013, 09:30 AM
Staying for the whole arkfall event is doing it wrong. most people with high(big) egos are just shooting one thing and going back to whatever they where doing to level. Arkfalls are a waste of time.

Right, doesn't it give you max XP even if you're not in the area when it finishes? They really need to fix that.

TJluvmae
04-15-2013, 09:33 AM
Right, doesn't it give you max XP even if you're not in the area when it finishes? They really need to fix that.

right, just like shadow war, you can enter and not even help. at the end you still get exp no matter what you do.

KodiakX
04-15-2013, 09:35 AM
Grats, you have motivated me to level farm like a crazy person, secondly ... damn you.... you have motivated me to level farm like a crazy person... oh god im doomed.

Yea there's a lot of presumption out of people in the 300-1000 range that the gear "never improves" but they just haven't gotten to the point it does improve.

KodiakX
04-15-2013, 09:37 AM
Staying for the whole arkfall event is doing it wrong. most people with high(big) egos are just shooting one thing then going back to whatever they where doing to level. Arkfalls are a waste of time. Shadow Wars are better option, since your able can complete missions while in a shadow war, even arkfalls. sometimes i get 13k exp from a shadow war alone.

Actually you're the one doing it wrong.

If you have a "Gold" contribution level from a Major Arkfall you gain a bonus 10,000 Xp on top of the flat 6000 XP everyone else gets. These are affected by the XP boost so you're looking at around 18,000 or so per Major Arkfall event if you do it right. With the recent HP nerf on the Major Arkfalls they no longer take 15 minutes to do (usually 3-5 minutes) which in that same time frame there's no way to do enough side events to earn the same amount of XP (as all side events give 1600 base XP meaning you'd have to complete around 7 in 3-5 minutes to get the same XP as just doing the Major Arkfall final event).

So the real XP grinders who really go all out (I say this I am 1715 at the moment) is do Major Arkfalls when they are up and in between run around tagging side events (such as roadblocks etc) just killing 1 thing and driving on and letting others mop up the events (albeit I usually stop and do the "Skitterlings!" and "Feeding Frenzy" events cause it's a quick and easy 4 key frags in my car).

Just saying.

Remag Div
04-15-2013, 09:43 AM

If you have a "Gold" contribution level from a Major Arkfall you gain a bonus 10,000 Xp on top of the flat 6000 XP everyone else gets. These are affected by the XP boost so you're looking at around 18,000 or so per Major Arkfall event if you do it right.

Just saying.

Even so, if you go to a random Arkfall, shoot one Hellbug, then drive away and 20 minutes later when you're across the map you get 6K XP? You should get 1XP, if that...

KodiakX
04-15-2013, 09:53 AM
Even so, if you go to a random Arkfall, shoot one Hellbug, then drive away and 20 minutes later when you're across the map you get 6K XP? You should get 1XP, if that...

It's a problem of design (like most things with this game). If they require you to be in the radius to get the reward, if people die and extract they lose out. If they require damage for contribution elements (which they do), then BMG healer or Protector types suffer (admittedly they do) but even more so if you require them to contribute a minimum amount.

I'm content with the knowledge that those that stay and contribute more have higher rewards. At "Gold" level contribution (usually top 10 in an Arkfall) you gain the 18000 XP and 3000 arkfall salvage in many cases. What bothers me is the numerous times I come in at #1 I've gotten greens where other times I roll up at the last second and gain blues/purples. Really wish the loot was slighted so that way those that contribute more gain better gear than those that didn't. Then again we come back to the BMG scenario and how that isn't counted as part of contribution.

Not going to say it's perfect, but I don't mind giving people a free lunch when if I work for it I get much better rewards.

Munx
04-15-2013, 09:58 AM
You really only need to join in on the last boss to get those bonus 10k though, as they are actually from the boss kill itself.

KodiakX
04-15-2013, 10:04 AM
You really only need to join in on the last boss to get those bonus 10k though, as they are actually from the boss kill itself.

Actually there's 3 levels of contribution for that boss kill though.

If you just show up and shoot it a few times, it's not going to give you any XP. If you shoot it a bit but don't do a lot of damage, it's going to give you 2500 XP. It also has a 5000 XP rating and of course the 10000 XP rating as well. My friend and I have tested this extensively and what it takes to get the various rewards and what scenarios around the rewards in order to try to min-max getting that 10000 and it pretty much just means you always want to be there for the Major Arkfall finale and go all out. Which again, given the recent HP scaling nerfs at Major Arkfalls, means that they go fast enough that it's pretty much impossible to match that level of XP for time investment.

I say "Bronze" and "Gold" because that's the terminology used in Trion's patch notes towards contribution levels.

Munx
04-15-2013, 10:05 AM
well yes, you should definatly be there for the full boss kill, however doing the crystals is quite pointless for your overall xp gain though.

KodiakX
04-15-2013, 10:08 AM
well yes, you should definatly be there for the full boss kill, however doing the crystals is quite pointless for your overall xp gain though.

On this we agree and I usually wait until there's one last minor arkfall before the finale event before heading on over. I usually spend that time tagging other Majors if they're up :)

FizzyMyNizzy
04-15-2013, 10:18 AM

If you have a "Gold" contribution level from a Major Arkfall you gain a bonus 10,000 Xp on top of the flat 6000 XP everyone else gets. These are affected by the XP boost so you're looking at around 18,000 or so per Major Arkfall event if you do it right. With the recent HP nerf on the Major Arkfalls they no longer take 15 minutes to do (usually 3-5 minutes) which in that same time frame there's no way to do enough side events to earn the same amount of XP (as all side events give 1600 base XP meaning you'd have to complete around 7 in 3-5 minutes to get the same XP as just doing the Major Arkfall final event).

So the real XP grinders who really go all out (I say this I am 1715 at the moment) is do Major Arkfalls when they are up and in between run around tagging side events (such as roadblocks etc) just killing 1 thing and driving on and letting others mop up the events (albeit I usually stop and do the "Skitterlings!" and "Feeding Frenzy" events cause it's a quick and easy 4 key frags in my car).

Just saying.

I do arkfall to arkfall and ego is 1988. BUT she is 3000+. The ONLY way so far that I know to get that EASY and faster than arkfall. If you were to abuse Mine 99 side side quest i called it. You get 3 boxes. Get the computer, get out, and it is reset it. If you have more member it will be super fast. I could see people already abusing this. You get pretty much exp. Give it a try once, you will see you get like 2 bar of exp for doing almost thing. Oh and they avoid the mobs. They are just there for the reward exp.

Otis Spunks
04-15-2013, 10:18 AM
3k ego? umm no life.

Thorbrand
04-15-2013, 10:21 AM
I made 1K already and I can see someone being 3K if they really wanted to be I could be a lot higher than I am but I am doing what I want and having fun because this game isn't about getting to max ego first. Who really cares after 1K anyway?

What is the player hub link so we can look?

Jay
04-15-2013, 10:22 AM
Impressive, it does take dedication to play Defiance for that long.. its monotony at its finest. I didn't play once this weekend, haven't played since Thursday I think

KodiakX
04-15-2013, 10:23 AM
I do arkfall to arkfall and ego is 1980. BUT she is 3000+. The ONLY way so far that I know to get that EASY and faster than arkfall. Is you abuser Mine 99 side side quest i called it. You get 3 boxes. Get the computer, get out, and it is reset it. If you have more member it will be super fast. I could see people already abusing this. You get pretty much exp. Give it a try once, you will see you get like 2 bar of exp for doing almost thing.

There's obviously certainly exploitable events but I'm not usually one to propagate that information around. The Mine 99 one isn't the only one, either. You likely get the standard mid range reward (5000 XP) that most static area events yield at the end. I'd still question if you could do it 3 times in the same time as the final event of a Major Arkfall.

Sooner rather than later people will cry enough about Mine 99 (and the others after) that they'll get nerfed into the ground. It's just more bad design and even worse ways to fix it.

iiMulc
04-15-2013, 10:29 AM
Wow this community is awful. What the hell is wrong with everyone? As soon as they realize that someone has more ego than they do they immediately start the trash talk. Get over it, some people are better than others and advance quicker. Full of butthurt kids here. Just because someone is better than you does not make them a no life/fat nerd or w.e the insults were. I'm at 558 ego atm lol you don't see me raging just because people are higher than me

Munx
04-15-2013, 10:36 AM
Sadly that is not limited to this community iiMulc, most game communities have theyr fair share of these "meh" people.

FriendlyStranger
04-15-2013, 10:41 AM
It's not an exploit to do a mission that's repeatable. Anyone advocating that kind of mentality either hasn't been around gaming long enough or, I won't even continue that. It's part of the game, that doesn't hurt anyone. If your ego can't handle it, ****.

Zyndia
04-15-2013, 10:42 AM
There's obviously certainly exploitable events but I'm not usually one to propagate that information around. The Mine 99 one isn't the only one, either. You likely get the standard mid range reward (5000 XP) that most static area events yield at the end. I'd still question if you could do it 3 times in the same time as the final event of a Major Arkfall.

Sooner rather than later people will cry enough about Mine 99 (and the others after) that they'll get nerfed into the ground. It's just more bad design and even worse ways to fix it.

The amount of exp you get from major arkfalls is extremely low compared to the time you use on mine 99 farming

Pain
04-15-2013, 10:46 AM
Are you serious?

Figma
04-15-2013, 11:15 AM
Wow this community is awful. What the hell is wrong with everyone? As soon as they realize that someone has more ego than they do they immediately start the trash talk. Get over it, some people are better than others and advance quicker. Full of butthurt kids here. Just because someone is better than you does not make them a no life/fat nerd or w.e the insults were. I'm at 558 ego atm lol you don't see me raging just because people are higher than me
Defiance forums community =
Someone has higher ego lvl than me = no life
Someone beats final boss faster than me without dying = liar
Someone did story in 2 days from launch = ********
Someone decides to sell hes epic gun he found = without posting details of it or telling region/platform
Someone kills me in multiplayer = NERF THAT, CHEATER !
Someone finds bug in game decides to write topic about it as feedback = nah deletes hole text and decides to whine insted

KodiakX
04-15-2013, 11:30 AM
The amount of exp you get from major arkfalls is extremely low compared to the time you use on mine 99 farming

Do you have any kind of numbers (XP per completition, time it takes per reset, time it takes solo vs group, etc) or are you just in the habit of randomly making bold declarations without any data to back it up?

Shima
04-15-2013, 11:32 AM

While I think some of the trash-talking is out of hand, I do think 'better' is the wrong word here. Or misapplied, I guess. Better at what, exactly? Killing a mob and running off? Abusing the system for maximum EGO gain as if this is the great race to endgame like other MMOs (here's a hint, it isn't - the content doesn't change at 5k EGO).

So while it's interesting to see who's grinding/exploiting out the highest EGO they can, it's not a sign of being particularly good at the game (you don't even have to be a good shot with a gun) - just at abusing it for gains.

Remag Div
04-15-2013, 11:37 AM

Hi, welcome to online games! You must be new here...

OmegaDelta
04-15-2013, 11:59 AM
...go to settings, graphic settings, run in window mode...

Aaaahhh...Thanks a bunch!

I know this is off-topic...but for the life of me, I couldn't figure out why print screen wasn't giving me anything more than a black screen when I pasted it into windows paint.

I never thought to turn off "Full Screen" mode.

Freakin brain cramps!! LOL

Thanks again!!

FriendlyStranger
04-15-2013, 12:00 PM
If you have steam you can use that to take screenshots. If you don't, you can get it for free, and add defiance to it.

krazyx86
04-15-2013, 12:16 PM
Hi, welcome to online games! You must be new here...

Online games haven't had as bad and immature community such as Defiance's since WoW Barrens chat.. Even free2play games have a more friendly, helpful player base.. Sad, isn't it? Great game though!

BattleTested
04-15-2013, 12:19 PM
people can do w/e they want with there lives as long as its legit and not hurting anyone. If they want to play video games and not go out side let them.

Remag Div
04-15-2013, 01:28 PM
Online games haven't had as bad and immature community such as Defiance's since WoW Barrens chat.. Even free2play games have a more friendly, helpful player base.. Sad, isn't it? Great game though!

The point is if someone posts something like this on ANY new online game, it's going to generate the same responses regardless how "mature" the community is.

Vanmennace
04-15-2013, 01:51 PM

By no means is this easy neither, it requires heavy duty grinding that most sane people would tire of quickly.

185 hours is 7 days, and 17 hours. The game has been out for 13 days. Your implying that you have been playing this game well over 12 hours a day. Hopefully you are exagerating a little lol. I am just hitting around 700 and can honestly say I have played around 50 hours. Only very little of that is from pursuits. If you have the time to play that much than you deserve to have that high rating. : )

Munx
04-15-2013, 01:51 PM

Sorry, but what corner of the interwebs have you been hideing in?

Froggyman
04-15-2013, 02:14 PM
I don't see what all the hate is about. She asked a question. She didn't say "Haha, look at me I'm 3k, you newbs can suck it." She asked a question. I'd be proud of being ego level 3000. That's a real accomplishment. Does it MATTER if she has more free time than you? Does it matter if she had help? Does it matter if she's the best player EVER or not? No, she just wanted to know if anyone else was 3k, and to see where the general front line was at.

You will never know how anyone else' life goes, without getting to know them. Assuming all of these negative things about her, simply because she has a lot of free time to play is silly. Maybe she has a bunch of free time to play because she is filthy rich, and just happens to be an enthusiastic gamer. Maybe she can't really do much because she's handicapped, and her outlet is a video game instead of drugs. You don't KNOW.

There's nothing wrong with long play sessions as long as someone is taking care of themselves, and that's between them, and their circle of support and loved ones. I realize that people are still going to assume. We are online, there will be ALL kinds of folks, including jealous and spiteful ones.

And normally, when someone's sitting there bragging about how amazing their are, and the community lets them have it, I'm all for joining in. But ALL she did, was ask a question.

To Katie specifically, congrats. That's an impressive achievement. Good job, and I hope you continue to enjoy the game.

BattleTested
04-15-2013, 02:16 PM
^frog she sighed up and her 1st post was who else is 3000 ego so yes in a way she did.

FriendlyStranger
04-15-2013, 02:53 PM
^frog she sighed up and her 1st post was who else is 3000 ego so yes in a way she did.

That's your impression of it, the act itself is not braggadocios.

BattleTested
04-15-2013, 02:54 PM
females are sneaky like that thats the way of life. There just like men want to show off and think the same way we think* you know what imean but they just hide it well.

FriendlyStranger
04-15-2013, 02:56 PM
females are sneaky like that thats the way of life. There just like men want to show off and think the same way we think* you know what imean but they just hide it well.

Not only did you insult her as a human, you just became a sexist as well. ._. You should bow out now.

WASTELAND_SURVIVOR
04-15-2013, 02:57 PM
wow. a picture is needed. picture= 1000 words

BattleTested
04-15-2013, 03:00 PM
Not only did you insult her as a human, you just became a sexist as well. ._. You should bow out now.

whiteknight also you seem uneducated i would look up what a insult is and a sexist is thank you.

krazyx86
04-15-2013, 03:15 PM
Sorry, but what corner of the interwebs have you been hideing in?

Hiding? I'm just stating a fact.. This is a very popular game that was released on multiple platforms, and is an MMO that doesn't have a subscription fee. That means there are a LOT of younger players which leads to a lot of arrogant, misinformed statements and opinions. I have no problem with younger people, but that is true. And don't take that the wrong way, I know there are plenty of smart kids out there, but IMO the stupidity outweighs the smart ones. I'm not just saying that the younger crowd is the only culprit, I know there are plenty of older gamers that act the same way as described, but I can't help but think that what I said isn't a main part of the issue.

Think what you want, but that is my opinion on the matter. I can barely read these forums without thinking to myself how immature, greedy, and just downright mean a lot of the posters are or can be.

FriendlyStranger
04-15-2013, 03:27 PM
whiteknight also you seem uneducated i would look up what a insult is and a sexist is thank you.

What country are you from and how old are you? ._.
An Insult is
(verb, when used with an object)
to treat or speak to insolently or with contemptuous rudeness; affront.
to affect as an affront; offend or demean.
(noun)
an insolent or contemptuously rude action or remark; affront.

Implying someone is bragging because of the subject matter of their first post, is rude, and offensive.

Sexist, is technically anything related to sex, as is racism. In this case your making a generality about all females of the human race. If you don't know how that's sexist, then....

BattleTested
04-15-2013, 03:29 PM
so saying females think like men is sexist and a insult so they are above men / not equal to us your saying. weird.

Bocon
04-15-2013, 03:29 PM

Just saying.

Actually, you're doing it wrong. You go around tapping every minor Arkfall on the map, tapping every emergency event, then proceeding to the last phase of the Major Arkfalls to get credit for those. Then, you teleport to the separate instances your group members are in and get all the credit for the Arkfalls in their instance too. If you can catch the end of shadow wars too, that's also a plus.

Munx
04-15-2013, 04:06 PM
Hiding? I'm just stating a fact.. This is a very popular game that was released on multiple platforms, and is an MMO that doesn't have a subscription fee. That means there are a LOT of younger players which leads to a lot of arrogant, misinformed statements and opinions. I have no problem with younger people, but that is true. And don't take that the wrong way, I know there are plenty of smart kids out there, but IMO the stupidity outweighs the smart ones. I'm not just saying that the younger crowd is the only culprit, I know there are plenty of older gamers that act the same way as described, but I can't help but think that what I said isn't a main part of the issue.

Think what you want, but that is my opinion on the matter. I can barely read these forums without thinking to myself how immature, greedy, and just downright mean a lot of the posters are or can be.

Just because you got a opinion that dosnt make it a fact.

Reality is the community is no worse in this game then most other mmo's.