PDA

View Full Version : Can I Watch "Defiance" on My XBox?

Azrael008uk
04-15-2013, 03:28 AM
So the XBox has a number of TV features.

Do any of them include something that will let me watch the series?

If not can you watch it on Syfy's website?

Please do NOT suggest torret sites or anything illegal.

Thanks in advance.

Az

Taaltos
04-15-2013, 03:30 AM
I'm curious about this too. I know there's the Syfy App on xbox and you can watch the 14 minute preview. So I'm curious if they'll be putting the episodes up.

ocktos
04-15-2013, 03:31 AM
no i don't believe they will air the tv show on xbox.... although their are other channels other then Syfy that will air " Defiance "

Cl Chaos
04-15-2013, 03:34 AM
Showcase will b airing it :D

one would think space would

dodmayhem
04-15-2013, 03:35 AM
Since they want to bill the show and the game together it would make sense to air it on Xbox for gold members. I mean you can always check the SyFy app at 9pm tonight to find out for sure lol.

ocktos
04-15-2013, 03:40 AM
Since they want to bill the show and the game together it would make sense to air it on Xbox for gold members. I mean you can always check the SyFy app at 9pm tonight to find out for sure lol.

if they were.... im sure they'd air other shows on that app, but they just have little trailers and sneak peaks for their shows they air.
If they were planning on allowing that im sure it would have had a huge offical announcement... to gain more fallowing, rather then stay quite until the last 20 hours until it airs

dodmayhem
04-15-2013, 03:43 AM
if they were.... im sure they'd air other shows on that app, but they just have little trailers and sneak peaks for their shows they air.
If they were planning on allowing that im sure it would have had a huge offical announcement... to gain more fallowing, rather then stay quite until the last 20 hours until it airs

I agree, I doubt it will be on the app. SyFy probably has all kinds of licensing with cable and satellite companies they probably can't show anything new on anything but TV.

ocktos
04-15-2013, 03:49 AM
I agree, I doubt it will be on the app. SyFy probably has all kinds of licensing with cable and satellite companies they probably can't show anything new on anything but TV.

i'd have to agree with that, since this tv series has found lots of endorsements and is probably going to use this opportunity to give AMC / HBO a new contender to watch out for. At least AMC since major of its walking dead fans are gamers, if this media is a hit. I'd be surprised if we don't see more approaches to this type of entertainment

and since AMC has lost viewers, since Breaking Bad is in its final season with just a few episodes left, Mad men is also coming to end... Defiance and Syfy has a great chance in sneaking in a show with a mixture of everything to keep peoples attention, If done right.

dodmayhem
04-15-2013, 03:50 AM
Well SyFy has a bad history with TV shows. I mean they canceled Stargate Atlantis then came out with that SG Universe crap lol.

So we will see. I am pretty excited for the TV show. But at least if the show fails the game seems to be going strong.

Unsent Soul
04-15-2013, 04:53 AM
What about on Hulu a few days later? Just thought about that.

BunkeredSphinx
04-15-2013, 04:56 AM

Thanks in advance.

Az

sure if you have sky package linked to your xbox.
not sure about Syfy app thou

Azrael008uk
04-15-2013, 04:58 AM
I wonder if it will work with Sky On Demand for non-Sky subscribers.

Samurai Shade
04-15-2013, 05:05 AM
Download the Amazon video app, watch the Full first episode for free (even though it says its just the 14 min preview, amazon made a mistake and accidentally uploaded the entire episode):cool:

BunkeredSphinx
04-15-2013, 05:06 AM
I wonder if it will work with Sky On Demand for non-Sky subscribers.

good question also dont forget we in UK have to wait for launch tomorrow night.

BunkeredSphinx
04-15-2013, 05:06 AM
@samurai - sweet cheers .

can you send link may have to try on phone as boss blocks everything from work PC.

Samurai Shade
04-15-2013, 05:10 AM
note of caution, amazon might have fixed this by now, that info was as of 2 days ago.

cyrix
04-15-2013, 05:20 AM
You can watch it on CATCH up after its been aired using the SyFy website providing its available in your country.

RoDi 117
04-15-2013, 05:39 AM
Anyone know if Syfy can be watched Live online, as im at work Today 17.00 - Tuesday at 09.30 but will be able to watch the show if i can view it on my laptop online, anyone know of any Legal ways?

elquietone
04-15-2013, 06:31 AM
Showcase will b airing it :D

one would think space would

Ya, I don't know why space isn't airing it cause show case in my opinion is a who the #$%& cares channel, where shows go to die. But they do seem to show a lot of Syfy shows, just sucks we have to wait till 10pm to watch Defiance instead of 9pm like the US... That means Defiance goes up against Revolutions time slot here in Canada, can only watch one at a time... Good thing Show Case will air Defiance again tomorrow at 5pm :)

AnthonyB
04-15-2013, 07:03 AM
you can watch the defiance shows online at www.1channel.ch go to the section t.v shows and type it in make sure to watch as a freee user though.. i watched it lastnight it was amazing lets just hope it dont die after 1 series hey lol

Taaltos
04-15-2013, 07:05 AM
you can watch the defiance shows online at www.1channel.ch go to the section t.v shows and type it in make sure to watch as a freee user though.. i watched it lastnight it was amazing lets just hope it dont die after 1 series hey lol

They already have Season 2 planned and all that. So, it'll get at least 2 Seasons.

Azrael008uk
04-15-2013, 07:25 AM
You can watch it on CATCH up after its been aired using the SyFy website providing its available in your country.

Well if that's the case that's perfect.

I don't mind watching it on Catch Up as long as I can actually catch up!

Az

King Smaals
04-15-2013, 09:05 AM
Bumping this... need to figure this out for a few guildies.

Krazee DD
04-15-2013, 09:07 AM
Bumping this... need to figure this out for a few guildies.

Ya, I agree.

I dont have TV haha. We just watch Netflix, so any way to watch on xbox would be dope.

Otherwise I gotta find bootlegs online while im at work haha.

Food4zombies
04-15-2013, 10:52 AM
DL the Syfy app on XBL and watch at 9
o.0

Krazee DD
04-15-2013, 11:03 AM
o.0

I was under the impression that the app is just for promo vids.

Neurothustra
04-15-2013, 11:04 AM
o.0
have we confirmed that it will be available on the app? I'm not so sure. Amazon Prime seems to be offering episodes, but I don't know if you can stream it.

Nerdy Ryuu
04-15-2013, 11:05 AM

Thanks in advance.

Az

u can buy the season pass on xbox live.

Azrael008uk
04-16-2013, 11:47 AM
u can buy the season pass on xbox live.

Regrettably... I don't think it's 'that' kind of Season Pass.

Az

NeoDarklight
04-16-2013, 12:05 PM
Last I checked, Syfy had a few Syfy app webseries on their app... And they're no longer on there, but they DO have the entirety of Eureka on there. Maybe they'll be put up on there as the episodes get old?