PDA

View Full Version : Challenge for top EGO players!

Elandriel
04-15-2013, 04:34 AM
There is a lot of talk about weapon progression or the lack of it.
Many say that there is a noticeable difference between max EGO weapon and starting one. But since so few have actually reached max or near max EGO there is a lot of distrust about this.

So ... I challenge all max or near max EGO players to make another character, get her/him the same type of weapons they have on their "big dog" character and shoot some enemies at Mount Tram. First kill some enemies with one and than the same enemies with the other character. Of course it would be very good if you could record this for others to see and educate themselves or others that are still thinking about Defiance.

It could be a great comparison to show new players what achieving max EGO really brings.

Schwa
04-15-2013, 04:49 AM
Differences in weapons mean nothing if there's no tier of enemy to use them on. As we're stuck with Dark Matter as the "hard" (read: not hard) enemies for now, there's absolutely no drive to find weapons to give us an edge.

There isn't even a co-op instance that requires rudimentary communication or tactics. People just level up their weapon skills in there and zerg.

I'm hovering at 1600 ego (never farmed for ego points, they came naturally) and I just don't give a damn about the weapon mods. I might throw something in when it's cluttering my inventory, but I'm not going out of my way to find any particular type of weapon/mod/type because there's just nothing to use such a "superweapon" against.

atlantix
04-15-2013, 04:54 AM
max ego brings pretty cool stuff
such as more passive perks
its pretty nice
character feels much stronger with each active perk if you know how to spec a character in mmo

Elandriel
04-15-2013, 05:16 AM
Differences in weapons mean nothing if there's no tier of enemy to use them on. As we're stuck with Dark Matter as the "hard" (read: not hard) enemies for now, there's absolutely no drive to find weapons to give us an edge.

There isn't even a co-op instance that requires rudimentary communication or tactics. People just level up their weapon skills in there and zerg.

I'm hovering at 1600 ego (never farmed for ego points, they came naturally) and I just don't give a damn about the weapon mods. I might throw something in when it's cluttering my inventory, but I'm not going out of my way to find any particular type of weapon/mod/type because there's just nothing to use such a "superweapon" against.

There are many that say there is a difference. I am at EGO 700 and I can't say that I can feel or see this difference. But I am still at only 700, so I kind of hope that will change in the future as I gain more EGO levels.
So for you, me and many others this kind of visual comparison could be more than just helpful. It could help in educating players, in lowering the outcry about "no progression" and in understanding this game a bit better.

Tango80
04-15-2013, 05:27 AM
I would show you but i don't have anything to video from my xbox.

That being said the one perk that gets shows you just the level of progression in the game would be the prepared perk.
#1 ego rank in it give you a 3% reload on your stowed gun every second
#2 ego rank in it give you a 6% reload on your stowed gun every second
#3 ego rank gives you 9%

Well what does this mean? it means this i can have my shotgun with a 20rnd mag pumping away at an enemy when the mag drops to zero i pull out my SAW and continue to mow down mobs untill my ammo runs out on that.

Switch back to my shotgun the is ammo fully reloaded ready for some more butt kicking goodness. That empties out switch back to SAW. Guess what? yep fully reloaded without having to wait 4.5 seconds. Huh aint that a kick lets see some low ego character do that.

Oh yeah not to mention my cool down on my overcharge is reduced so i can use it longer and more often upping dps. Also not forgetting that my health regen's even when I take damage. Thank you regeneration. And a reduction on enemy damage to me yes thank you so much. Faster self Revive in case i have to use it.

lets see if we count all those perks shall we?
1. Cooldown reduction, Check
2. Power extension, Check
3. Stowed weapon reloads when not in use, Check
4. Health regens when in combat, Check
5. Reduction from enemy damage, Check
6. Fast self Revive, Check

lets see that 6 perks. Hey if you think about it i can mow down mobs like there was no tomarrow but if i get swarmed i can still die pretty quick. (i'm not superman just pretty darn powerful)

Lets compare it to a rank ego 400 or 500 person who only only has 4 perks slots unlocked or 5 perk slots unlocked so you have to remove one of those perks I listed.

On a side note can't wait to add the other 2 (or is it 3) more perk slots there is so much i can build them around it isn't funny.

Edit. Oh yeah not to mention the +% bonuses for leveling up weapons i mean faster fire rate, Higher crit %, faster reload time. In this game the gear doesn't make you powerful it is you who make yourself powerful. (and ego)

Lurcheus
04-15-2013, 05:30 AM
Yeah around 1100 or so i'm starting to see most blues and epics with 2 passive stats on them. Most of the secondary stats are like 10% ego on full reload or 15% grenade recharge on kill.

Munx
04-15-2013, 05:43 AM
There is a lot of talk about weapon progression or the lack of it.
Many say that there is a noticeable difference between max EGO weapon and starting one. But since so few have actually reached max or near max EGO there is a lot of distrust about this.

So ... I challenge all max or near max EGO players to make another character, get her/him the same type of weapons they have on their "big dog" character and shoot some enemies at Mount Tram. First kill some enemies with one and than the same enemies with the other character. Of course it would be very good if you could record this for others to see and educate themselves or others that are still thinking about Defiance.

It could be a great comparison to show new players what achieving max EGO really brings.

Already did :) First Char got to about 1400, then I rerolled at about 1274 on new char, without getting to san fran, without using fast travel, and getting close to having completed all the combat pursuits - living to kill.

I highly recommend not dismissing the idea of having a alt, simply because it wont be much diffrent then the first, for me I had ALOT more fun the second play trough, if nothing else because I know what I was doing, and I didnt feel a rush to get trough it asap.

Also not using fast travel actually somehow makes the game more enjoyable to me.

DeMoted
04-15-2013, 05:48 AM
Alt in this game is just useless no thanks.

Elandriel
04-15-2013, 05:50 AM
Already did :) First Char got to about 1400, then I rerolled at about 1274 on new char, without getting to mount tam, without using fast travel, and getting close to having completed all the combat pursuits - living to kill.

I highly recommend not dismissing the idea of having a alt, simply because it wont be much diffrent then the first, for me I had ALOT more fun the second play trough, if nothing else because I know what I was doing, and I didnt feel a rush to get trough it asap.

Also not using fast travel actually somehow makes the game more enjoyable to me.

This is exactly what I've been trying to do here. Now, if you had some video recordings for those two characters as well, then it would be even better. :)

Elandriel
04-15-2013, 05:51 AM
Alt in this game is just useless no thanks.

I agree. There is not as much need for alts as in other games. But you would be helping community with such a thing.

Munx
04-15-2013, 05:54 AM
Erp, dunno why I wrote mount tam, ment "without getting to san fran"

Not sure why people keep saying stuff like "Alts? lmfao, theres no need"

I don't drink beer because I NEED to drink beer, I drink it because I want to and a I like the taste of it.

If having alts in a game where you are not activly rewarded for doing so isnt your cup of tea that is fine, but in all honesty you are missing out.

DeMoted
04-15-2013, 05:54 AM
You should add in the high ego need to put the perks they use and ask if someone can use no perks that has about 2k Ego. You will need to test it out like that also to see what you weapon skill is also giving you.

Elandriel
04-15-2013, 06:12 AM
You should add in the high ego need to put the perks they use and ask if someone can use no perks that has about 2k Ego. You will need to test it out like that also to see what you weapon skill is also giving you.

Any kind of test and comparison could be beneficial at this point.