PDA

View Full Version : Co-op Instances

Dragon3dge
04-15-2013, 05:09 AM
To be honest, I'm loving defiance but the only part I'm not overly fond of are the coop instances. Most of them are absurdly easy and don't require any thought at all, and on top if that they yield very little reward. Sure you get 5 keys but I could get 4 driving around shooting hell bugs in a quarter of the time if not faster. I would personally be a lot happier if upon defeating the boss we received loot with a small chance at epics (maybe legendaries too) similar to how at the end of an ark fall you receive items.

I was also hoping perhaps more unique encounters could happen. Even something as simple as the matron in island of lost soldiers (not sure if that's the exact name, sorry if I'm wrong lol) had little hell bugs spawn and run towards her. If they make it to her before someone kills them she could eat then to gain health or perhaps do some sort of super attack that hurts everyone. I just want a challenge lol. Not some time consuming thoughtless encounter. Motherlode is pretty fun though. Does anyone agree or am I just rambling about nothing?

Gohlar
04-15-2013, 05:12 AM
For a co-op shooter they really did a bad job on the co-op parts. They are just so easy they are hard to replay. Arkfalls are a major letdown too.

Greycut
04-15-2013, 05:13 AM
Yep. Co-op instances should offer failure and provide a palm sweating challenge to a good team that need to work together to even have a chance at survival.

silvertemplar
04-15-2013, 05:14 AM
Or maybe all that is needed is a "hardcore" or "epic" mode with better rewards and more difficult encounters for each of the Coop Missions?

I find it amusing that Rift have this and it's well known to be an easy way to make content live longer, yet Trion did not apply it here?

Gohlar
04-15-2013, 05:15 AM
Or maybe all that is needed is a "hardcore" or "epic" mode with better rewards and more difficult encounters for each of the Coop Missions?

I find it amusing that Rift have this and it's well known to be an easy way to make content live longer, yet Trion did not apply it here?

Seriously! I know it wouldn't be an original idea, but it would help a lot. People are bored!

Dragon3dge
04-15-2013, 05:22 AM

This is a good idea. Granted nothing new but the reason it's been in newer games a lot is because it works lol. Something like this where regular instances promote a lot more teamwork. Focussing down smaller mobs so that they don't power up the boss or even making the boss in Motherlode gain health and damage for every second it is charging the hammer so you absolutely have to focus down the charger. Little things that force players to communicate or really know what they are doing. Plus this would allow coop instances to be experienced but if you wanted to do them with your clan and heavy communication you could try them on harder difficulties. And sorry if I'm hard to understanding my rambling. It's 5 am and I'm typing on my phone lol.

Gohlar
04-15-2013, 05:25 AM
This is a good idea. Granted nothing new but the reason it's been in newer games a lot is because it works lol. Something like this where regular instances promote a lot more teamwork. Focussing down smaller mobs so that they don't power up the boss or even making the boss in Motherlode gain health and damage for every second it is charging the hammer so you absolutely have to focus down the charger. Little things that force players to communicate or really know what they are doing. Plus this would allow coop instances to be experienced but if you wanted to do them with your clan and heavy communication you could try them on harder difficulties. And sorry if I'm hard to understanding my rambling. It's 5 am and I'm typing on my phone lol.

Not hard to understand at all. This is what Defiance lacks. Compelling multiplayer gameplay.

hardy83
04-15-2013, 05:28 AM
I think they are fine, though I do believe they should offer two items after you beat it, like major arkfalls.

Pasha
04-15-2013, 05:37 AM
Yep. Co-op instances should offer failure and provide a palm sweating challenge to a good team that need to work together to even have a chance at survival.

That's an attribute of subscription-based games - to force players farm more and pay for yet another month of subscription. In subscription-free games devs have to provide all content ASAP because they are not interesting to waste server resources for long-term free-to-play gamers.