PDA

View Full Version : 5 things i Wished i'd of known about Weapon mods

CorbenDallas
04-15-2013, 05:58 AM
I found weapon modding really confusing at first so thought i'd put a little list of things i wish i'd of known to begin with for new players.

1. Weapons display what mods you can add to them for example if you have a shotgun and only the sight is displayed in the item window you can only add a sight to that weapon NOT any other shotgun mod unless you add more mod slots.

2. At ego level 100 you can attach new mod slots to weapons at the cost of resources

3.Not all weapons can be modded (UPDATE: all weapons can be modded/slots added provided they are not equipped)

4. You can remove mods to be re-used at the cost of resources

5. When you attempt to mod a weapon you open a window with the option to attach mods, if you click on attach mods it then gives you the option to attach whatever mod is available for that particular gun. This window does not mean you have these mods available. If for example it gives you the option to attach a barrel and you click on that option if it takes you to a blank screen it just means you do not have a barrel of that type in your inventory.

This is about all i can think of please feel free to add any more tips, had me stumped for a while when i first started playing especially before EGO level 100

DeMoted
04-15-2013, 06:31 AM
1. You can add mod slots
2.You can add slots to every weapon as long as it is not equipped in your load outs.
3. You can mod, add slots, or breakdown every weapon in game... As long as it is not equipped in your load out.
4. Yes and you can retrieve mods at later ego but destroy the weapon.
5. Yea

CorbenDallas
04-15-2013, 07:24 AM
I'm actually really glad i posted this then, i didn't know you could add mod slots to every weapon if they where unequipped!

Lukezordz
04-15-2013, 08:14 AM
You can't mod a weapon that is currently equipped.

Donny531
04-15-2013, 08:37 AM
Can you add mod slots to a weapon after adding a mod too it?

MrSpaM
04-15-2013, 08:41 AM
I just wish you didnt have to take up inventory space just to have these mods, it means early on modding weapons is more hassle than it's worth since you have to keep empty'ing your inventory every five minutes.

CorbenDallas
04-15-2013, 08:42 AM
Yes you can donny

steadyhand08
04-15-2013, 09:04 AM
I love u all so much right now :-P

Donny531
04-15-2013, 09:07 AM
Thanks Corben

greebo
04-16-2013, 09:51 AM
Hey, thanks for this. I found myself accumulating a bunch of mods I couldn't do anything with. I guess I got to wait till 100, huh?