PDA

View Full Version : Will there be any issues playing this game if....

MasterOfWeed
04-15-2013, 06:44 AM
If I were to buy a used copy of Defiance is there some sort of online pass or anything that would prevent me from playing because it is used?

Xyr3s
04-15-2013, 06:45 AM
not that i know of anyway

Kane
04-15-2013, 06:47 AM
all mmo's have a unique key inside, once it is used it becomes useless, the disk is just for show most of the time, by the time you get home you probably have to download content anyway, so when buying an mmo you actually buy just that key...if the key has not been used, then you are ok, but there is no way of knowing that...

I wouldn;t recommend it unless it is a trustworthy source (like a friend)

You can buy tho the account...meaning the login mail and password along with the proof of purchase, but if it was a digital edition, that proof of purchase is in the original purchaser's name thus if he/she wants to get the account back even tho you changed password and stuff in the profile editor of the site, they still can prove they have bought the game in their name and you might lose the account later on

DeMoted
04-15-2013, 06:48 AM
FYI make sure you want to play this game. Important things in this game are missing, major things that are a big part of this game.

Ninno20
04-15-2013, 06:50 AM
l didn't see no key, for consoles i think you will be ok (note the use of the word "think" lol).
As for PC.... Well from my experience with PC never buy pre-owned.

Sanguinesun
04-15-2013, 06:53 AM
The game can be downloaded from your account with Trion once you've a game key to activate it. If your copy is used, then it means most likely the cd key has been put into someone elses account, rendering it worthless.

Kane
04-15-2013, 06:53 AM
sorry, my bad, i am playing on the pc and i often forget this game is available for console, what i wrote above is for the pc version, no idea how it goes for console

ironhands
04-15-2013, 06:56 AM
FYI make sure you want to play this game. Important things in this game are missing, major things that are a big part of this game.

what major things are missing?

MasterOfWeed
04-15-2013, 06:58 AM
Yeah sorry I should have specified I was talking about the console version I know PC games are like that so that's why I was wondering about how the console version worked in that matter.

Barrik
04-15-2013, 07:00 AM
what major things are missing?

Pretty sure he was referring to the lack of pandas, wizards and unicorns. Seriously though, it's a very fun game, just don't expect a deep rpg feel. After the patch comin though the other stuff is bein fixed, i.e. chat and what not.

MrSpaM
04-15-2013, 07:52 AM
all mmo's have a unique key inside, once it is used it becomes useless, the disk is just for show most of the time, by the time you get home you probably have to download content anyway, so when buying an mmo you actually buy just that key...if the key has not been used, then you are ok, but there is no way of knowing that...

I wouldn;t recommend it unless it is a trustworthy source (like a friend)

You can buy tho the account...meaning the login mail and password along with the proof of purchase, but if it was a digital edition, that proof of purchase is in the original purchaser's name thus if he/she wants to get the account back even tho you changed password and stuff in the profile editor of the site, they still can prove they have bought the game in their name and you might lose the account later on

Don't listen to this guy, this game does not require an online code to play. If you buy a second hand copy it'll work fine.

duction
04-15-2013, 07:56 AM
Don't listen to this guy, this game does not require an online code to play. If you buy a second hand copy it'll work fine.

Yep that Kane guy is talking complete crap.. I bought the limited edition to play untill my ultimate edition came in the post 8 days after release to tie me over, when it turned up I gave my copy to my brother to have and he plays fine off it and has no problems... This is xbox 360.

DeMoted
04-15-2013, 07:58 AM
Pretty sure he was referring to the lack of pandas, wizards and unicorns. Seriously though, it's a very fun game, just don't expect a deep rpg feel. After the patch comin though the other stuff is bein fixed, i.e. chat and what not.

When you get higher Ego you will understand. Mods are missing from the game. Pretty much one of the biggest aspects of this game lol.

Trying to be a smart *** and it backfired.

Shinji Ex
04-15-2013, 08:00 AM
GameFly is renting it out on PS3 & Xbox 360 so I guess there's no redeem code for consoles

Not sure about PC however...

ironhands
04-15-2013, 08:44 AM
LOL I know, I've put in many many hours, even prior to release :P

Buruko
04-15-2013, 08:48 AM
If I were to buy a used copy of Defiance is there some sort of online pass or anything that would prevent me from playing because it is used?

If you buy a used console version, no there is no issue. You won't be able to use the preorder code on the booklet, if there is on, as it has already been redeemed but you can play the game and link your own account to your console with a used copy. You can even rent it.

For PC not a chance. You will have to buy a new copy.

Kane
04-15-2013, 12:33 PM
Yep that Kane guy is talking complete crap.. I bought the limited edition to play untill my ultimate edition came in the post 8 days after release to tie me over, when it turned up I gave my copy to my brother to have and he plays fine off it and has no problems... This is xbox 360.

Did you actually read the second post? i was talking about pc version as it was not specified in the op...and it's not crap for the pc version...