PDA

View Full Version : Gamer's Vox article: Why Defiance?

Cyber
06-06-2012, 07:41 AM
Hi everyone!

To commemorate the launch of the Defiance community, and to help spread the excitement, I have written up a short opinion piece entitled "Why Defiance? (http://www.gamersvox.com/articles/response/pr1/)" for our little news site, Gamer's Vox (http://www.gamersvox.com). This was inspired by some of the discussions so far on these forums.

Enjoy!

Oh, by the way, the Vox site is committed to being as respresentative as possible and we write our articles in good faith as being accurate. However, if you notice anything that is not accurate, please let me know so that we can fix it ASAP.

Cheers!

Adsinonimous
06-06-2012, 07:57 AM
Wow! This is truly outstanding! I can see a lot of time went in to this and I will enjoy reading the rest of what I haven't so far! - Incredible stuff! :)

MechPilot
06-06-2012, 08:12 AM
lol bless ya. But I personally wont be taking up a torch spreading the word about this game, that kinda stuff always blows up with a negative reaction. Devs should just apply the "If we build it, they will come" mentality. Hell we're here aren't we? :p

Already on various other forums I'm seeing people sigh talking about another gears "Gears of war" game. When console gamers think co-op they think smalltime, make since that's all they been exposed to. Hard to explain to ppl that seen the xbox version of defiance , then tell them how big the scale may really be. Just another coop game to em.

Hope Trion comes out with some really I mean really heavy-hitting game info soon. Otherwise this games gonna be dismissed before it even gets a fair trial.

Adsinonimous
06-06-2012, 08:29 AM
lol bless ya. But I personally wont be taking up a torch spreading the word about this game, that kinda stuff always blows up with a negative reaction. Devs should just apply the "If we build it, they will come" mentality. Hell we're here aren't we? :p

Already on various other forums I'm seeing people sigh talking about another gears "Gears of war" game. When console gamers think co-op they think smalltime, make since that's all they been exposed to. Hard to explain to ppl that seen the xbox version of defiance , then tell them how big the scale may really be. Just another coop game to em.

Hope Trion comes out with some really I mean really heavy-hitting game info soon. Otherwise this games gonna be dismissed before it even gets a fair trial.

Personally, I am an Xbox player but I grew up playing MMOs so this is an old concept in an easier and more comfortable way for me :)

Cyber
06-06-2012, 08:36 AM
Well I guess time will tell when it comes to how the console community takes to Defiance. As a PC gamer I have high hopes for games like Defiance, because I am really dying for a high quality MMOFPS/TPS game.

Adsinonimous
06-06-2012, 08:48 AM
This is just the wonder of having it on many platforms. It brings a wider audience all with different gaming backgrounds. Lots of PC gamers, much like those on the console have had the same gaming background in the past but now having all these games come to together on all platforms. (Every Genre on all platforms) I feel that all gamers will get to play the games they want and ALWAYS in their preferred environment.

Escyos
06-07-2012, 07:46 AM
Looks good. I also noticed your link to Defiance Wiki. :D

Cyber
06-07-2012, 09:13 AM
Looks good. I also noticed your link to Defiance Wiki. :D

Indeed! If you ever add a wiki page to collect articles or fansites, perhaps you could return the favour :)

Escyos
06-07-2012, 09:17 AM
Indeed! If you ever add a wiki page to collect articles or fansites, perhaps you could return the favour :)

I added you to the menu and to The Ark links

Cyber
06-07-2012, 09:17 AM

Great, thanks!

PsychoPhobic
06-11-2012, 08:49 AM

Thanks for the mention!! It's much more motivating for us writers when we have a larger audience :cool:

Defiant Angel
06-11-2012, 09:14 AM
Great article. I'll be sure to check out your site more often.

Shrapnil
06-11-2012, 10:48 AM
great looking site. I look forward to see more when the info comes out.

Billy Guile
08-22-2013, 12:53 AM
do you gaiz remember when you were actually excited about the game?

pepperidge farm remembers.

A s0t
08-22-2013, 12:54 AM
nice
1o char

JxSiN
08-22-2013, 12:55 AM
Finally, a rez thread that made me laugh.

Kudos!

Billy Guile
08-22-2013, 12:56 AM
i dug deep in to the depths of necro-land and emerged victorious

Sanguinesun
08-22-2013, 01:08 AM
do you gaiz remember when you were actually excited about the game?

Did you notice, the OP didnt even last 3 months.... a whole year ago(last post was sept '12).

His excitement didnt last long then either. Perhaps it was an omen :P

Billy Guile
08-22-2013, 01:09 AM
Did you notice, the OP didnt even last 3 months.... a whole year ago(last post was sept '12).

His excitement didnt last long then either. Perhaps it was an omen :P

Pepperidge Farm remembers ;)

Spiltmilk
08-22-2013, 01:15 AM
Hahaha this is great... but not surprised how they lost interest, I remember completing the storyline and the side missions just playing casually for two weeks. I only came back to this game a few weeks ago to play catch up but there wasn't much to catch up at all. Really unfortunate turn of events, but if there was any omen it was when Trion employees were getting laid off.

StarBat
08-22-2013, 01:54 AM
HA! At first I didn't catch this was necro'd.
I was thinking "Are we playing the same game? Is this satire?"

Sanguinesun
08-22-2013, 01:55 AM
Hahaha this is great... but not surprised how they lost interest, I remember completing the storyline and the side missions just playing casually for two weeks. I only came back to this game a few weeks ago to play catch up but there wasn't much to catch up at all. Really unfortunate turn of events, but if there was any omen it was when Trion employees were getting laid off.

Except you missed the point that he quit a year and a half -Before- the game was even released... not after :P

Last Activity
09-19-2012 05:17 PM

Spiltmilk
08-22-2013, 02:01 AM
Ohhh hahaha. I got it, makes your post even more funnier.

Billy Guile
08-22-2013, 02:19 AM
believe me, i was digging for gold and found platinum

RNM King
08-22-2013, 02:46 AM
believe me, i was digging for gold and found platinum

I still believe this game was more then worth it. I enjoy it and have yet to get bored I've been playing since launch. :)