PDA

View Full Version : Big Patch Today?

OMGr8573
04-15-2013, 08:04 AM
Is there suppose to be a patch coming today? I keep seeing people talking about a HUGE patch that's coming later today. Some even saying that the new race will be unlocked for those that got the Season Pass.

I'm just wondering where people are getting this info. As of now I haven't seen any official statement that a patch is coming today nor anything about the new race. Unless I'm just over-looking it.

Alcohol Fueled Brewtality
04-15-2013, 08:06 AM
I'd take that with a grain of salt. If a new race was coming I am sure they would've at least showcased a preview with basic information. Y'know, which if the remaining races it actually is?

Komakala
04-15-2013, 08:14 AM
The race comment is bs and wishful thinking. It would have been announced, the new race will be part of a DLC pack that is released later at a date/time we don't know. The patch today is just that, a patch. The reason it is so large is because there are a lot of client side fixes that they are rolling out. So far almost all of the updates till now have been server side patches and minor updates to fix issues like the 120hz monitor issues.

Agonist
04-15-2013, 08:48 AM
From what I understand this is supposedly coming today.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?30976-Defiance-Patch-1.010-Sharks-(in-winter-solstice)

Although, I am not entirely sure.

Alcohol Fueled Brewtality
04-15-2013, 08:58 AM
From what I understand this is supposedly coming today.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?30976-Defiance-Patch-1.010-Sharks-(in-winter-solstice)

Although, I am not entirely sure.

That confused me. A lot of that stuff is *already in-game* such as the 15 seconds cooldown to the Thick-Skinned Perk. I'm not 100% sure either after having looked through the list once more...

deltabravo1
04-15-2013, 09:18 AM
Now I'm. Presuming here but I think that on the list the ones with a solid bullet have been fixed while those that aren't are yet to be fixed, it's good to be part of a game that has so much support, and to give credit to the devs and Gms who have been incredibly helpful

malaclypse
04-15-2013, 09:50 AM
i've seen the patch mentioned in a few places, but i'm 99% certain the date comes from the dev blog.

dirtyklingon
04-15-2013, 09:57 AM
patch is today or tomorrow at last word.

there's a stream tonight on trion's channel for 8pm pst which iirc is right after the show finishes in the US with a "big surprise".

according to the last dev blog to talk about such things, the dlc was pushed back a week from last monday. today is monday a week later. the big patch was originally scheduled for today, but last word, again, was today or tomorrow. there's another big patch due 2 weeks from now, and maybe new dlc soon after that.

it's all rather vague and contridctory at times.

but yes, today or tomorrow for big bug fix patch, and as far as we know, probably dlc today or tomorrow as well.

Thumbtack Jake
04-15-2013, 10:48 AM
there's a stream tonight on trion's channel for 8pm pst which iirc is right after the show finishes in the US with a "big surprise".

What 'channel'? Youtube, Twitch, etc?

Lambchops
04-15-2013, 10:49 AM
What 'channel'? Youtube, Twitch, etc?

Twitch. http://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds

Saraya
04-15-2013, 11:05 AM
patch is today or tomorrow at last word.

according to the last dev blog to talk about such things, the dlc was pushed back a week from last monday. today is monday a week later. the big patch was originally scheduled for today, but last word, again, was today or tomorrow. there's another big patch due 2 weeks from now, and maybe new dlc soon after that.

it's all rather vague and contridctory at times.

but yes, today or tomorrow for big bug fix patch, and as far as we know, probably dlc today or tomorrow as well.

Doesn't it seem all too obvious that told us last week to keep us calm, and yet all along had planned to release it after or about the time of the pilot episode?

It's like saying 'yes, now the show is aired, you can have the proper retail game!'

Ana Khouri
04-15-2013, 11:12 AM

Do you have a source for this? It sounds cool but I can't find anything.

Dave3d
04-15-2013, 02:01 PM
Just got an update.
:)

Dont know if it the uber update though.

Defy
04-15-2013, 02:02 PM
maybe because of the show

Taaltos
04-15-2013, 02:03 PM
Do you have a source for this? It sounds cool but I can't find anything.

TADA!

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?33793-Live-Stream-teaser...more-map-Plus-Permachat-and-Scaleable-chat-confirmed.

KodiakX
04-15-2013, 02:09 PM
There's a lot of ninja changes in today so far that I've noticed.

Psykosis
04-15-2013, 02:16 PM
From wut @DefianceGame on twitter just said about an hr ago, its comming Extremely soon their exact words, some people are spectulating around air time of the show, but i dunno, as for the race bit, thats sounds like wishful BS who know nothing of wuts going on