PDA

View Full Version : Patch is tomorrow

Bioexorcist
04-15-2013, 10:02 AM
You're welcome.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b217/secordjordan2/patchtomorrow.png (http://s20.photobucket.com/user/secordjordan2/media/patchtomorrow.png.html)

Xavier Horovitz
04-15-2013, 10:04 AM
Called it. Live chat guy probably wasn't supposed to leak that either. lol.

fishboy11
04-15-2013, 10:05 AM
maybe, thats a GM saying that, sledgehammer said 10 mins ago that its not been totally decided yet, and other people higher up on trions foodchain have said its the 15th for sure

Ciannon
04-15-2013, 10:05 AM
Called it. Live chat guy probably wasn't supposed to leak that either. lol.

I wouldn't consider that a leak. We knew it would be today or tomorrow. And since today has came and nearly gone... obviously, tomorrow.

Kerry
04-15-2013, 10:06 AM
Excellent work with this!

Bioexorcist
04-15-2013, 10:07 AM
I wouldn't consider that a leak. We knew it would be today or tomorrow. And since today has came and nearly gone... obviously, tomorrow.

The day is nearly gone? It's only 10am. It's not even noon.

Xavier Horovitz

Today is not quite nearly gone. At least, not for Trion.

fishboy11

today has barely started for people on the west coast in NA, so it could very well still be done on the 15th for some people, the show will be done airing with plenty of time to patch and still have it be the 15th for a lot of people

cfStatic
04-15-2013, 10:08 AM
The day is nearly gone? It's only 10am. It's not even noon.

It's 12:07 PM CDT. So yeah, it's past noon. ;)

FizzyMyNizzy
04-15-2013, 10:08 AM
No time stamp on that chat.. a bit hard to confirm.

dirtyklingon
04-15-2013, 10:09 AM
just so you all might wanna know that are new to defiance since the last week or two...

live chat is often wrong, misinformed or out of date.

so take it with a grain of salt.

fishboy11
04-15-2013, 10:10 AM

the GM does say today is the launch of the show, so we know its the 15th at least

Bioexorcist
04-15-2013, 10:10 AM

Livechat doesn't have timestamps. lol - This SS is from literally 1 minute before I made the post.

I'm not saying this GM is 100% right but it's the only thing i've read about the patch.

DeMoted
04-15-2013, 10:11 AM
Is it time to drink yet that is my question... B.c I started drinking.

Taaltos
04-15-2013, 10:11 AM

"No, today is the premier of the show"

Munx
04-15-2013, 10:12 AM
... honestly trion... why not just clarify this properly instead of letting speculations run wild... forums have been going fraking nuts all day thanks to this uncertainty..

Taaltos
04-15-2013, 10:13 AM
... honestly trion... why not just clarify this properly instead of letting speculations run wild... forums have been going fraking nuts all day thanks to this uncertainty..

Cause, maybe they're busy.

Munx
04-15-2013, 10:17 AM
to busy to write "Patch Today" or "Patch Tommorow" ? sounds legit ;)

LurchUSA
04-15-2013, 10:18 AM
Cause, maybe they're busy.

... and speculating is fun! It builds character and Nerd RRRRRAAAAGGGGEEE!!!... which is always entertaining to watch.

Ciannon
04-15-2013, 10:19 AM
Today is not quite nearly gone. At least, not for Trion.

I know. I was being sarcastic. Everyone assumes that since they did not receive the patch by 10am, there is absolutely no chance of it happening. I realize sarcasm is generally hard to decipher online.

Taaltos
04-15-2013, 10:19 AM
... and speculating is fun! It builds character and Nerd RRRRRAAAAGGGGEEE!!!... which is always entertaining to watch.

I love Nerg Raging!

Munx
04-15-2013, 10:22 AM
It was hillarious the first few hours, now its becoming a eyesore.

BetaChapel
04-15-2013, 10:25 AM
Do they realize the delay of this patch means another day the game remains broken?
Not sure if this patch will fix everything, but it address a LOT of major issues. My whole clan (including myself) refuses to bother playing until that patch is at least implemented.

Ciannon
04-15-2013, 10:26 AM
Do they realize the delay of this patch means another day the game remains broken?
Not sure if this patch will fix everything, but it address a LOT of major issues. My whole clan (including myself) refuses to bother playing until that patch is at least implemented.

I think "broken" is a misused term. The game clearly works for me.

Phenomenal TJ
04-15-2013, 10:29 AM

Agreed. It's by no means unplayable.

boshman789
04-15-2013, 10:30 AM

think thats bit stupid dont see why everybodys seems mad about it taking longer think alot of people need to give them a break that brought this game out and none stoped working on it ...and people are still ungreatful

broken is very misused lol game still playable for me and others

MacDeath
04-15-2013, 10:34 AM
Please stop saying the patch has been delayed. When Oveur first told us about about the patch, back on 4/11 he said it would be on Monday OR Tuesday for PC and Xbox and a bit later for PS3. So it ain't late or delayed if we see it anytime today or tomorrow.

It's only been the forumites that have decided it MUST be on the 15th because that's when the show launched (in America). The show launches on the 16th in UK and the 18th in Australia.

lxLOBOxl
04-15-2013, 10:38 AM
All this talk makes me want to eat a Twinkie.....miss you yellow fluff friends. :(

Clarkeh
04-15-2013, 11:29 AM
Think about it people. People in europe like myself haven't seen the premiere yet we have to wait another 24 hours after you lot to see it so maybe Trion is doing us a solid and waiting till we europeans have gotten the chance to see it before im forced to see major spoilers in-game.

Taaltos
04-15-2013, 11:30 AM
All this talk makes me want to eat a Twinkie.....miss you yellow fluff friends. :(

No worries friend.

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/allyoucaneat/2013/04/10/twinkies-are-coming-back/

iCanHazHeadSh0t
04-15-2013, 11:32 AM
You're welcome.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b217/secordjordan2/patchtomorrow.png (http://s20.photobucket.com/user/secordjordan2/media/patchtomorrow.png.html)

Obviously fake, no one uses Google Chrome.

Ciannon
04-15-2013, 11:33 AM
Think about it people. People in europe like myself haven't seen the premiere yet we have to wait another 24 hours after you lot to see it so maybe Trion is doing us a solid and waiting till we europeans have gotten the chance to see it before im forced to see major spoilers in-game.

I am pretty sure that the major patch will not have anything to do with Ep. 2. I would assume that the Ep. 2 minor patch would be afterwards.

BetaChapel
04-15-2013, 11:33 AM
Agreed. It's by no means unplayable.

PVP does not allow full groups to Q and it errors out on Shadow Wars,
PVE missions bugging and not allowing players to advance further until server resets?
Broken enough to stop dealing with it until its fixed.

Oh and this is on PC so if your talking about consoles working great - dont

Broken and unplayable are two different things arent they - after all you can still play with a doll even if the leg is broken off.

jvp
04-15-2013, 11:38 AM
That kind of sucks.

While the game isn't unplayable for me, both my vehicles are at 20, and I'm sure as hell not going to run everywhere, lol.

Strontium Dog
04-15-2013, 11:42 AM

Hoping this is true :)

Froggyman
04-15-2013, 11:43 AM
A few things I would like to clear up for folks:

The patch notes have been posted. NO NEW CONTENT from the show is being put into the game. This is not a content patch. It addresses certain content that is already in the game, sure. And it tweaks a few things here and there, but they are not going to add new episode missions or the like.

Secondly, I'm pretty sure you aren't supposed to post live chat convos on the forums. I would recommend not doing that in the future. This obviously has no ill will towards the GM or anything, but still. I think they'd prefer you didn't do that.

Third, and probably most important. The only reason this patch wouldn't be released today, is because it may not be ready quite yet. They would not patch during the show to get more views, as the show airs in different timezones, and in some places, on different days in general. NA are NOT the only people they service. The show has nothing to do with this patch. It will be out when it's ready.

Ciannon
04-15-2013, 11:43 AM
PVP does not allow full groups to Q and it errors out on Shadow Wars,
PVE missions bugging and not allowing players to advance further until server resets?
Broken enough to stop dealing with it until its fixed.

Oh and this is on PC so if your talking about consoles working great - dont

Broken and unplayable are two different things arent they - after all you can still play with a doll even if the leg is broken off.

I am playing on a PC, and I do not have these issues. I ocassionally can't join a Co-op or Shadow Wars, but I did not rush through the game, and thus I have plenty of other things to do. Therefor, it is not broken to me.

BetaChapel
04-15-2013, 11:47 AM
I am playing on a PC, and I do not have these issues. I ocassionally can't join a Co-op or Shadow Wars, but I did not rush through the game, and thus I have plenty of other things to do. Therefor, it is not broken to me.

Who said i rushed through anything? I can find all sorts of things to do, but i am CHOOSING to not do so due to the game being broken and bugged to stop my enjoyment. I had a friend that literally could not progress through the story mission therefor halting everyones progress. We love to pvp but cannot join a match at the same time. That is game breaking to me if i cannot do what the game said i could. They said themselves this game had a rough launch. They have fixed most of the crashing - some platforms still suffer from massive lag.. BUT the major issues are not taken care of yet. I know these things take time and need patches, but once they are ready to be deployed - deploy them. That is what bothers me. This patch has been ready, but what - they hold it back to tie in the episode content?
I can see patches being handled this way all the time, not matter how pressing we need issues fixed - they will wait until xbox, ps3, the tv show, and pc are are all on the same note before they do anything.

Bioexorcist
04-15-2013, 12:20 PM
A few things I would like to clear up for folks:

The patch notes have been posted. NO NEW CONTENT from the show is being put into the game. This is not a content patch. It addresses certain content that is already in the game, sure. And it tweaks a few things here and there, but they are not going to add new episode missions or the like.

Secondly, I'm pretty sure you aren't supposed to post live chat convos on the forums. I would recommend not doing that in the future. This obviously has no ill will towards the GM or anything, but still. I think they'd prefer you didn't do that.

Third, and probably most important. The only reason this patch wouldn't be released today, is because it may not be ready quite yet. They would not patch during the show to get more views, as the show airs in different timezones, and in some places, on different days in general. NA are NOT the only people they service. The show has nothing to do with this patch. It will be out when it's ready.

They already said that new content was in it. The patch notes simply show the fixes theyre doing.