PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else bummed with Defiance store costume costs?

bleh
04-15-2013, 10:17 AM
With most outfits costing 880 MS points, it seems a little extreme. A shame because I would have no problem spending $10 on an outfit pack but maybe having 3-4 outfits?

Trion, time to move the current outfits out of the Paris boutiques, and into the K-Marts, Walmarts and Zellers!

OminousJacka1
04-15-2013, 10:23 AM
Yeah, the outfit prices (and the prices of pretty much everything else in the defiance store) are ridiculous. All they did with the vast majority of it is change the color of outfits/vehicles already in the game or mix and match parts from other outfits. Those things should cost a couple dollars at most.

RoG Goat
04-15-2013, 10:30 AM
Yea it is a joke.

But I don't care about those stupid outfits, I was more worried about the inventory spots. $5 for 15 inventory spots..?

Really?

Should be $5 for 50

Grit
04-15-2013, 10:50 AM
ya know i mulled over buying the green CODA uniform...or the enginer one...but honestly the headgear this game offers... well 95% of it's garbage lol...no offense but the one reward..the heavy trooper helm from the Co-Op...it looks like Buzz Off's head from He-Man lol

either way i probably won't buy any of the stuff from the store unless i have some odd points laying around on my balance

KillAlot V2
04-15-2013, 11:01 AM
yeah the outfit and head gear prices are ridiculos when i could buy a outfit for my xbox avitar for half the price or less lol even the atvs are stupidly priced come on trion :confused:

Edibl3z
04-15-2013, 12:08 PM
Yea it is a joke.

But I don't care about those stupid outfits, I was more worried about the inventory spots. $5 for 15 inventory spots..?

Really?

Should be $5 for 50

The joke is you are suppose to unlock them not buy them, you dirty rich kids.

RoG Goat
04-15-2013, 12:09 PM

I didn't buy them.. and I'm not going to. -.-

Big Worm
04-15-2013, 12:12 PM
i have to confess guys i got them all in the market place, but anyways i had extra money and nothing to spend it on, so why not, but i agree the price is realy high for outfits and they are not complete

D0UBT M3 NOW
04-15-2013, 01:02 PM
Its a rip-off.... the price you pay for a costume is enough to buy a game on Xbox Live.

Pyth
04-15-2013, 01:07 PM
If you take a close look at those paid outfits, you'll notice that some of them are alternates to outfits you can unlock in game through pursuit challenges.

But I won't judge anyone for spending their money however they want. I mean, after all it is "their" money.

mavado454
04-15-2013, 01:20 PM
I agree, I wouldnt pay more than 400 for a single outfit!

The Tinka
04-15-2013, 01:34 PM
Totally agree. I appreciate they need to fund the MMO elements in terms of keeping people working on future updates and patches etc. But with very few people buying due to extortionate pricing they run the risk of not selling anything. In terms of what's available I'm sure they will update the choices more and more but it ain't gonna fly off the shelves unless they sort the pricing out.

Sajin
04-15-2013, 01:34 PM
The only reason I bought one is bc the UE came with 1200 bits and was like screw it... But they need to have specials or deal of the day type of thing. I'd highly consider buying costume packs or buy em for in the 200s but 880 is a lot.

Skillmatic
04-21-2013, 03:33 AM
hey, i jstu spend $20 on bits and thats all i will spend but you gota at least see for yourself, how u like the outfits and stuff. nto sure what i will buy yet, any suggestions?

Javik
04-21-2013, 03:58 AM
expensive I agree but IF there were some kick a*z outfits there I know Id buy it. But there isn't.

game just released but that store should be stocked with a ton of choices to pick from. Micro transaction open up those flood gates so some of us can throw money at it.

Lock box? no thanks not after getting the shaft of buying then recieving nothing 5x. I'll use in game resources earned for boxes.

At least put up the shierffs cowboy hat up there for sale LoL. And in different styles to choose from.

Xepher
04-21-2013, 04:05 AM
hey, i jstu spend $20 on bits and thats all i will spend but you gota at least see for yourself, how u like the outfits and stuff. nto sure what i will buy yet, any suggestions?

I would say don't waste the money on outfits and rather get the boosts. Thats what I buy bits for, I have spent 1400 MSP on bits and the only thing I have bought is boosts for my loot and weapon skills. I think the coolest outfit's you can get right now (other then the EGO IV or V pursuit) are the the snipe from the shadows 3 and the living to kill IV pursuit rewards. I have them both pritty easy to get so I really don't see a reason to buy the outfit I just got for free lol. IMO buy boosts thats where you get your moneys worth.

D351
04-21-2013, 04:40 AM
My only problem was that the 1500 bits that came with UE was just short of enough to get an outfit and helmet. I bought one outfit though... only purple one in the whole game... Now, that is a serious problem.

NightshadeX
04-21-2013, 05:23 AM
i was more bummed that most of em are just re-colour's of costumes you can earn :/

Keltic Rage
04-21-2013, 06:47 AM
Yea it is a joke.

Really?

Should be $5 for 50

It's not five buck. it's more like three.

Keltic Rage
04-21-2013, 06:49 AM
Are the prices to high? Yes. Are people paying this amount for them? Yes. Just wait. Their will be a bigger selection, and their will be sales on costumes. Or, you know.... you could just earn them.

chadiwack
04-21-2013, 06:52 AM
Yes the costume prices are very expensive. Most DLC in other games is fair but to pay 880 for one outfit?! is to much. Some entire DLC expansions for other games are only 400-1200.

Kronic
04-21-2013, 07:10 AM

Good luck getting many inventory slots without paying. I have about 1700 EGO and only have 54 slots from the game giving me them. I keep about 38 items on me because I don't want to sell them for the crap scrip the stores offer, and they have no in game storage forcing you to keep items on you. That leaves me about 16 free slots. I can fill that up in 1-2 arkfalls or co-op maps and then have to go sell the crap. This game is all about collecting the best weapons, and mods. But it offers you very little place to keep it once you find it. The dev's knew this would happen that's why they charge so much for crappy inventory slots and make the stores offer almost no scrip for your items, and salvaging em is almost as bad on the salvage earned. Making people want to keep their items, which then clutters inventory and takes up space, then that in affect makes people pay their outages prices for inventory slots. The real joke is on us....

defiant
04-21-2013, 11:04 AM
yea the prices match the ridiculous content youd otherwise be ignoring "most likely" by buying them, the easiest one to unlock via pursuit "green CODA" is the cheapest etc. Essentially buying cheats "tbh there might be some unique ones available." but For the variety of 880 priced outfits, you're buying the Unlock for what would otherwise come from a hundred hours of grinding.

I was upset at prices first but than I saw the pursuits and welcomed the progression, than found out names and outfits dont display anymore unless your lucky and I'm now trying to grip to in game purpose.

Krapoton
04-21-2013, 11:05 AM
It seems ok since there is a lot of players with the 10€~ costumes.

Zeldron
04-21-2013, 12:00 PM
I dont think there is a issue on this one ... Your too lazy to unlock it.. You pay for. The prices seem even to the amount of things to get the challenges done.. I dont see the problem... If you dont want to pay unlock it through the challenfes... So too bad

ug23
04-21-2013, 12:52 PM
I like the look of the operative outfit but there's no way in hell I'm paying $10 for a virtual object. The fact that you have to pay extra for the headgear adds insult to injury. There either needs to be sales on bits or a general pricing strategy change.

Zeldron
04-21-2013, 01:01 PM
I like the look of the operative outfit but there's no way in hell I'm paying $10 for a virtual object. The fact that you have to pay extra for the headgear adds insult to injury. There either needs to be sales on bits or a general pricing strategy change.

so you belive just because your too lazy to get the outfit through the challenges you should get a discout ... Ok if they cut the prices of these thing there would be no reason the go theough most of the game... So all you end game racers can fill good about yourselves. As you cry about end game contant ... on a new mmo BTW... also there would no longer need to lvl up your guns. So iguess we can cut out all that .. also Co-op is no longer needed .. so yeah then they can turn this game into a pay to play game... in which mostly everyone crying over the cost of a outfit would not even pay for..... So why should you lazy *** losers be given a discout?

D351
04-21-2013, 01:47 PM
I dont think there is a issue on this one ... Your too lazy to unlock it.. You pay for. The prices seem even to the amount of things to get the challenges done.. I dont see the problem... If you dont want to pay unlock it through the challenfes... So too bad

Unfortunately, the one you unlock is not the same color. As I mentioned, the only purple outfit in the game is in the shop. The unlockable version is green.

Zeldron
04-21-2013, 01:54 PM
Unfortunately, the one you unlock is not the same color. As I mentioned, the only purple outfit in the game is in the shop. The unlockable version is green.

if there is a difference then guess what. Pay it.. Nobody is twistlng your arm to buy it. It the price they placed. Did you cry at the price when you bought the game. No because your playing it.. Nobody forced you there either... So guess what suck it up and deal.

D351
04-21-2013, 01:58 PM
if there is a difference then guess what. Pay it.. Nobody is twistlng your arm to buy it. It the price they placed. Did you cry at the price when you bought the game. No because your playing it.. Nobody forced you there either... So guess what suck it up and deal.

I did pay it, and am perfectly fine with that. I was just pointing out that your logic was not valid.

ug23
04-21-2013, 02:04 PM
so you belive just because your too lazy to get the outfit through the challenges you should get a discout ... Ok if they cut the prices of these thing there would be no reason the go theough most of the game... So all you end game racers can fill good about yourselves. As you cry about end game contant ... on a new mmo BTW... also there would no longer need to lvl up your guns. So iguess we can cut out all that .. also Co-op is no longer needed .. so yeah then they can turn this game into a pay to play game... in which mostly everyone crying over the cost of a outfit would not even pay for..... So why should you lazy *** losers be given a discout?

You've clearly suffered some traumatic incident that's turned you into a negative trolling ******, so I sympathize. The operative outfit isn't available from in game challenges, at least not that I've seen. Which is why I liked it so much. If I'm wrong, how about a friendly pointer to the pursuit instead of your childish vitriol.

Zeldron
04-21-2013, 02:05 PM
Ok you {not saying you as pointing at you just a genral statment} you pay or a outfit that is unlockable in a different color.. Now you are crying that the prices sre tooo much.. Dont buy them genius.... But if you want them so bay guess what your going to have to pay for it... If you look at Xbox Markect place for different outfits. I bet they dont have a bundle price ... also in Black Ops 2 theystill dont have a bundle price ... Other then the Flags. But still not on outfit so why now and here you cry... shut up and deal or dont buy...

StickyChief
04-25-2013, 12:49 AM
I agree, these prices are a rip off.

MilkyWhites
04-25-2013, 01:32 AM
They are pretty steep. If they were to half them I'd probably buy 1. Really only 2 look good to me so far. That red power armor one and the one called "Spec Ops" or something. Bulky tan looking non power-armor. None of the headpieces are good. They all look like football helmets on human characters.

BlueLou61
04-25-2013, 02:42 AM
Outfits (like everything else) are only too expensive if it is more than you are willing to pay!
As they don't actually change your character stats I find most of them cost more than I personally would pay out. So Yes! there are some that I find too expensive ..... and some that I don't.

Shortly after the game release I did buy one of the cheaper ones ( Badlands Crime Lord (http://orcz.com/images/4/48/Badlandscrimelordoutfit.jpg) ) and am happy with it.

No it isn't the "baddest, coolest looking" one ......... but when I turn up at events I never see other people in the same outfit, not something I can say for the more expensive ones. Obviously others have this outfit, but I've never actually seen anybody else in it .......

....... and that alone makes it kinda 'cool' :cool:

jobnsco
04-25-2013, 02:55 AM
The costs of outfits are insane
The only way to unlock some is trough the challenges
Thats stupit because i suck at hotshots an rampages
Cant even get bronze while the races i get gold
So i wil never get an cool outfit
Loved the game now hate it
Cant even complete the last mission
Because i only get crappy weapons
They sould make the option that it gets easyer if you fail 5 times
I HATE IT I HATE IT I HATE IT

Chilmeister
04-25-2013, 03:06 AM
In the end guys its a no win situation, they wont drop the prices now because the forums would then be in an uproar from the folks who have already paid their prices for gear wanting their money back.
And to be honest you dont actually have to pay for anything in this game you do it out of choice.

JD nutz
04-25-2013, 03:16 AM
the outfit prices will drop in price, just like the vehicle prices already have

N3gativeCr33p
04-25-2013, 06:12 AM
They are pretty steep.

I completely agree... they could be a little less expensive.

Grit
04-25-2013, 06:24 AM
No "Outfit" should be more than 400bits or MSP. It's just stupid to charge 10 bucks for a repaint of an outfit you can earn through the game.

A few of them look cool but not $10 cool haha!!

also.. the helmets, yeah they suck beyond a golfball through a garden hose..

BonnBonn
04-25-2013, 06:28 AM
More bummed that you can get all of them from completing goals.

Grit
04-25-2013, 06:36 AM
More bummed that you can get all of them from completing goals.

the ones you "buy" have a different color pallet..or whatever.

BleakPanther
04-25-2013, 06:53 AM
I'm a sucker for outfits... I get the ones I can earn and buy the recolors. When I log on, I decide what I want to wear that day. IRL and in-game I'm a clothes hoarder. The wife hates it but accepts it. I agree the prices are a bit steep though.

eyanvenom
04-25-2013, 08:44 AM
They need to regularly give us more outfits to unlock in game monthly!

Lasse B
04-25-2013, 09:37 AM
Is an outfit you purchased unlocked for all chars, or can it be picked up just once by one of your chars?

Pace122004
04-25-2013, 10:19 AM
Its a rip-off.... the price you pay for a costume is enough to buy a game on Xbox Live.

I don't mind it, if you don't want to pay then don't buy it. CAPITALISM!

KjcKiesh
04-25-2013, 10:24 AM
I'd only (maybe if I was a little delirious) pay this price tag for some Dark Matter gear, but otherwise the in game store is of little use to me, sure I'd like more item space, but I can do that for free by getting my EGO up

cybergirl007
04-25-2013, 10:56 AM
Where is this store?

cronic
04-25-2013, 11:07 AM
I liked the detail changes you could make in APB and City of Heroes. So many options.

mrgrimezHD
04-25-2013, 11:40 AM
I feel sorry for the people who spend actual money to get these outfits only to realize that it doesn't make a difference when playing, turn up to an Arkfall in your spangly new outfit wanting to show it off? no chance lol everyone including the people who used money to buy these outfits are wearing default outfits in order to handle server loads.

It doesn't bother me but I can understand why other people get angry because of this.

Nmalthus
04-25-2013, 11:43 AM
Is an outfit you purchased unlocked for all chars, or can it be picked up just once by one of your chars?

Once purchased, all characters get it by claiming it in the store.

Nmalthus
04-25-2013, 11:45 AM
Am only bummed still because the store updates have been subpar at best. 1 outfit and a reskin isn't much of an update.

StickyChief
04-25-2013, 12:07 PM
Outfits (like everything else) are only too expensive if it is more than you are willing to pay!
As they don't actually change your character stats I find most of them cost more than I personally would pay out. So Yes! there are some that I find too expensive ..... and some that I don't.

Shortly after the game release I did buy one of the cheaper ones ( Badlands Crime Lord (http://orcz.com/images/4/48/Badlandscrimelordoutfit.jpg) ) and am happy with it.

No it isn't the "baddest, coolest looking" one ......... but when I turn up at events I never see other people in the same outfit, not something I can say for the more expensive ones. Obviously others have this outfit, but I've never actually seen anybody else in it .......

....... and that alone makes it kinda 'cool' :cool:

That makes no sense. It's like saying a luxury Bugatti Veryon Super Sport is only expensive if your willing to pay 2 - 3.4 million. It's expensive whether it has been bought or not.

meremortal
05-08-2013, 06:50 AM
Yeah, hell with those ravenous marketing strategies they just show how staved they are, what about an auction house or a better system to trade the items between players?

Why there is no any chance to get them in the game?

I rather take 100 to get a couple of "good games" to enjoy them at will, instead of wasting more in this ****ty piece of uncompleted and overpriced garbage: )

Elric1
05-08-2013, 07:01 AM
what gets meis (yes I am spoiled from playing wow) that the outfits are NOT account based.) That much money I could understand if you bought them for ALL your chars but just one? it pigeon holds me to making just ONE char also now. I will buy some outfits but I will never make another char because of that fact also.

NateTheGr8
05-08-2013, 07:37 AM
A lot of you peeps need to understand that there are multiple ways of funding a game. In all honesty, Trion took the best route. The microtransactions in the store may be a bit pricey but people who buy them help fund all those patches and updates everyone wants. They help keep the game free to play so the rest of us don't have to pay a monthly subscription fee on top of XBL services. Be glad that Defiance is one of the few MMO's that doesn't suffer form massive power creep and a "pay to win" model where all the best items are locked behind real world money and spoiled kids are the only ones who can afford them.

I've bought about four outfits so far and no qualms about it. I spent my money on something I wanted, not something I needed to play the game. And the Defiance community is now better off for having my money.

bleh
05-08-2013, 10:26 AM
what gets meis (yes I am spoiled from playing wow) that the outfits are NOT account based.) That much money I could understand if you bought them for ALL your chars but just one? it pigeon holds me to making just ONE char also now. I will buy some outfits but I will never make another char because of that fact also.

I'm about 99% sure the outfits ARE account based. The only thing you might buy in the store that isn't account based is the inventory slot extras.

BLITZKRI3G
05-08-2013, 01:19 PM
well i dont think its a big deal because those not willing to pay it still have many other outfits to pick from

Elric1
05-08-2013, 01:35 PM
I'm about 99% sure the outfits ARE account based. The only thing you might buy in the store that isn't account based is the inventory slot extras.

Yeah found that out you have to goto the store to retrieve them thought they automatically be in my new chars inventory. I think the price is because it IS account base. They cpuld have made it cheaper and only per char so price isn't all that bad? Not when I spent 10 dollars for a stupid pet to follow me around in wow.... I like the uniform idea MUCH better. if only WoW would do this...

ausrotten
05-08-2013, 02:13 PM
you should be able to buy outfits with scrip as some sort of reward for playing i think,and yeah i know you get outfits when you do persuits but i dont like any of them,same with cars..i wanted the truck but its too pricey and im unemployed and on a bugget haha, so im stickin with my pink buggy thank you very much.

Keth
05-08-2013, 02:20 PM
I still believe Trion would make more money if they cut the prices on the outfits by about half. There are a lot of people like myself who would buy several outfits at that price. Where as the price now I won't buy one. Just not worth it to me.

Quebra Regra
05-08-2013, 02:39 PM
Cut the prices in half, sell 3x as many.

Even better, get some more varied outfits/headwear up there. How about an option to modify character appearance (new hair, etc.)

ValentineOmegaX
05-08-2013, 03:17 PM
If they worked solidly on designing a good 100 or so outfits/head gear, threw them all up in the next patch and halved the price I think people would buy because of the variety.

I personally had the UE so I bought the Corporate Operative outfit and combined it with my black hood to make a Dark Brotherhood style costume.

Another idea could be limited clothing. for 24 hours once a month a limited item goes up for sale, if you do not buy it in that time frame then it will be gone, this is a great way to encourage Micro-transactions. But again the price needs to be halved at least.

Micros are the future of gaming, developers have cottoned onto this and it will continue to grow. However if companies charge too much or really take the piss. (Simpsons Tapped Out has a "Micro" that costs 60!) Then they could harm the games industry instead of lead it.

Nis085
05-08-2013, 04:16 PM
Has anyone noticed the better outfits for the PC version versus the ones available for the Xbox? =/ It's painstakingly heartbreaking they have the WAY cooler stuff than us.

NateTheGr8
05-10-2013, 04:53 AM
Trion will probably end up selling certain outfits for less as they go out of style or less people stop buying them. Supply and demand.

Buu
05-10-2013, 05:10 AM
Yeah, whoever is responsible for putting the prices in the store have to remember they don't have to PRODUCE AND SHIP those things. It's just digital data that self-replicate on a buy.

Without any other costs than the production of the FIRST one that will be replicated without company agency, by an automated system, it's time to think:

"Selling 20K at 20 bucks each is better than selling 500K at 8 bucks each?"

Jeff Kaos
05-10-2013, 05:14 AM
I completely agree that if the outfit princes were halved I'd probably buy one but the one thing that bothers me the most is that the "cooler" something looks the more expensive it is. I understand the marketing side to this but I'd feel a lot more comfortable if all the outfits were the same price. I'm especially dissapointed in the way they price the Nomad because you just know they made the much cooler black one more expensive than the pink one because they were trying to play on male insecurities; and I don't care who says what about that because no argument will ever make me think otherwise.

FastTravelPaul
05-10-2013, 05:36 AM
I wont be buying any for sure.. am happy with the free ones

ChAoTic Puppy23
05-10-2013, 05:48 AM
Yeahhhhh you DIRTY RICH KID! lol jk :) I wish they gave us more unlock costumes :/

Battlefield
05-13-2013, 09:48 AM
6 bucks for a helmet is overpriced

Battlefield
05-13-2013, 10:24 AM
But if you really want it it's worth it

Zeldron
05-13-2013, 12:02 PM
So you are saying that the outfit that are unlockable in-game through challenges.

Should be half price be half price because you are lazy to get them in-game. Not to metion they are a different color.

Also your upset that the "cool" looking ones that are not in game are too high price.

Am I getting this straight.

General Aladeen
05-13-2013, 01:46 PM
Yep I spent 20.00 for one outfit and some sunglasses.. what a rip.