PDA

View Full Version : EMC XAR-22 Assdault rifle

tstar420
04-15-2013, 11:31 AM
EMC XAR-22 Assault rifle*
Is it worth keeping? I have a few purples maxed out in exp so does this mean find a better one or does it evolve as u level into the higher ego tiers?

Nazrudin
04-15-2013, 11:40 AM
Just sell tbh, weapon quality (i.e green, blue, legendary) has no worth since their damage are always the same. What you need to ask yourself is what item to replace your old weapon with? (i.e firing mechanism)

It's synergies are not worth spending your time getting.

FriendlyStranger
04-15-2013, 11:46 AM
Pretty sure that's Nolan's gun that he gives you, isn't it? I'm keeping it simply for that.

TheFlash
04-15-2013, 11:52 AM
It has a couple of good bonuses attached, particularly the grenade reload bonus. It stands up as a decent assault rifle. There are plenty of better ARs out there.

And rarity does matter. Regardless of slots, the number of bonus stats on a weapon usually corresponds to its rarity. If your weapon reloads itself or has less fall-off damage or a higher magazine, your DPS will go up. It's just not as simple as seeing the damage number stat rise.

tstar420
04-15-2013, 12:02 PM
Ahh so fallout + or - is better? I havent seen any - fallout bonuses yet so idk

Houngan
04-15-2013, 12:05 PM
I kept it just because it has 4 open slots and my legendary AR only has 2. That said, it will get scrapped when I get a better drop. I don't think there is a lot of support for getting too attached to specific items in this game.

Shima
04-15-2013, 12:11 PM
It's as good as any other epic until you get 1600+ EGO and start finding better.

TheFlash
04-15-2013, 12:12 PM
Ahh so fallout + or - is better? I havent seen any - fallout bonuses yet so idk

I believe "+ falloff damage" is better. This bonus means that you do better damage at range.

FriendlyStranger
04-15-2013, 12:16 PM
What do you mean by support, exactly? They may have Nolan come back in a later episode mission and inquire about his gun (Which I would love to see) and have how the mission, or scene progresses based on whether or not you still had the gun. Also, as you level up in ego, you can add the mod slots to your gun. Starts out with one, then two, etc. Up to the maximum of four.

Sterling191
04-15-2013, 12:19 PM
It's a solid, 4 mod slotted gun with a grenade cooldown bonus. It's not the best rifle in existence, but it's far from the worst one, especially given how early in the game you can snag it.

Plus, as mentioned, the nostalga factor is a nice plus.

WarMachine
04-15-2013, 12:20 PM
I use mine for when I'm doing the final stage on a major Arkfall to get high scores. Last time I logged in, I got a 10.1 crit modifier from the hip.

FattyMcG33
04-15-2013, 12:22 PM
It has a couple of good bonuses attached, particularly the grenade reload bonus.

This.

And rarity does matter. Regardless of slots, the number of bonus stats on a weapon usually corresponds to its rarity.

Not true, this is only true of the INITIAL slots. If you have your weapon un-equipped, and are near a vendor, you can add mod slots to your weapons.

TheFlash
04-15-2013, 12:26 PM
Not true, this is only true of the INITIAL slots. If you have your weapon un-equipped, and are near a vendor, you can add mod slots to your weapons.

Note that I did not use the term "mod slots". Mod slots seem somewhat random. I've seen green weapons with 3 slots, and purples with 1. What does seem (usually) to scale up with rarity is number of bonus stats. Look below the mod section and you'll see bonuses independent of mods. Green weapons rarely have any, if they ever do. Blues usually have one. Purples often have two. I'm not sure about oranges.

Radzwe
04-15-2013, 12:30 PM
Also worth mentioning the Episode mission that awards the weapon is going away with the launch of the show, so it will also potentially serve as a Day 1 perk

tstar420
04-15-2013, 12:51 PM
So they are removing the episodes then? Thats kinda messed up for the players that start a month from now

Nazrudin
04-15-2013, 01:07 PM
@TheFlash

As it works currently weapons bonus stats (the ones you gain once your weapon experience is maxed out) is not particulary good, not really so you will notice any difference unless is has a single magazine increase. It's just those few stats thats a nice convenience.

What really makes rarity difference is usually it's synergy but getting that filled is not worth the time. But hence I see what you mean. If I had a green rifle and a blue rifle I'd of course go for the one with best stats.

What I generally keep in my inventory usually longer than other weapons are those with increased mag size or reload speed depending on the style but eventually I sell em and just looting and buying weapons on a daily rotation because I can't get attached to em cuz they are not special.

SeijiTataki
04-15-2013, 01:22 PM
The XAR is "okay". The bonuses are decent, if you like using grenades often, although I am not the biggest fan of the fully automatic Assault Rifles in terms of their general performance.

If you are doing the episode alongside the regular story missions, then around the time time you get the XAR you get the AR-216 Gladiator, which, in my opinion, is a superior general-purpose assault rifle. It's burst fire with good shot grouping and control, better damage-to-bullet ratio, and has a decent modifier in the form of a crit-mult, which is easy to take advantage of due to accuracy/shot-groupage.

The XAR can outperform if you throw some mods into it, which is really the only main benefit I'd see between the two (based on the assumption you get them about the same time, which is to say a lot since you can technically just power through the episode content immediately), although you can add slots to the Gladiator to compensate.

Crunchyblack
04-15-2013, 01:30 PM
Hope not, I tossed mine the second I filled its XP up.

Never have needed that extra little boost some of the top end weapons offer, they are nice don't get me wrong but I have no issue dumping an EGO 150 legendary or purple with great stats for a white or green variant.

Nazrudin
04-15-2013, 01:37 PM
Hope not, I tossed mine the second I filled its XP up.

Never have needed that extra little boost some of the top end weapons offer, they are nice don't get me wrong but I have no issue dumping an EGO 150 legendary or purple with great stats for a white or green variant.

I could not agree more. That extra touch that makes one weapon worth keeping is simply not in the game but that's my opinion.

I'm doing as you do, keep swapping them weapons everytime they are maxed :p

Dakirn
04-15-2013, 02:08 PM
You should keep it if you find space.. I think they are still planning on adding a way to reset weapon XP with Salvage Matrix.

With the quest gone you'll never be able to get it again.

Cavadus
04-15-2013, 02:58 PM
The amount of ignorance about weapon quality flying through this thread is staggering. TheFlash is correct in his assessment. Those disagreeing with him are helplessly uneducated. Ignore them.

Shismar
04-15-2013, 03:13 PM
Note that I did not use the term "mod slots". Mod slots seem somewhat random. I've seen green weapons with 3 slots, and purples with 1. What does seem (usually) to scale up with rarity is number of bonus stats. Look below the mod section and you'll see bonuses independent of mods. Green weapons rarely have any, if they ever do. Blues usually have one. Purples often have two. I'm not sure about oranges.
The all get better with higher ego level. That means that you will find greens with four mod slots and synergies at some point. There is some randomness there concerning effects, bonus stats, synergies, and mod slots. At 1000+ it can be really mixed up sometimes.

I am still keeping mine. It is still looking for some teeth marks on it from a guy named Nolan ...

malaclypse
04-15-2013, 03:17 PM
it's a good easy way to knock out that achievment for fully modding an assault rifle, plus a really solid gun if it matches your playstyle. i'm sad, i just maxed mine out yesterday.

Nazrudin
04-15-2013, 04:14 PM
The amount of ignorance about weapon quality flying through this thread is staggering. TheFlash is correct in his assessment. Those disagreeing with him are helplessly uneducated. Ignore them.

Ignorance? For all I could call you ignorant. Weapon quality is not great, you don't need to be educated to know that. Synergys are not going to make a huge impact on your damage and by the amount of weapons you have to swap to continue to gain experience going for synergies are useless unless they make a reset exp through salvage matrix. All the bonuses you get for maxing a weapon are not significant to make a huge difference.

Let me give you a easy example of how "I think" weapons sucks. Take a look at one of the hidden vendors in Marin, one of them sells a EMC Service Rifle that always does 229 damage. That number should never be static. Same goes for all other weapons with same weapon names, only thing that makes em different from eachother are their firing mechanisms and thats what counts atm, its what you like firing best with, not any synergy or tiny tiny weapon attribute are going to change that.

Ignorance... I could call you for an idiot.