PDA

View Full Version : New patch date ??

sarazeff
04-15-2013, 12:06 PM
Hi when is the new patch being released ?
And is the DLC later in a week or so ?
Cheers :)

jonizerror
04-15-2013, 12:11 PM
i really dont appreciate them saying huge game fixing patch today and then not follow through

Sterangerman
04-15-2013, 12:12 PM
i really dont appreciate them saying huge game fixing patch today and then not follow through

the day isn't over yet and they always patch in the middle of the day for some reason.

Corsair
04-15-2013, 12:12 PM

Original message they said was on or around the 15th maybe little earlier, maybe a little later depends how it went.

Galactimus
04-15-2013, 12:13 PM
Well the servers just went down for 10 minutes. I don't know if the patch is being applied "now" but they are certainly working on things.

jonizerror
04-15-2013, 12:15 PM
Well the servers just went down for 10 minutes. I don't know if the patch is being applied "now" but they are certainly working on things.

they said its just a restart. this is getting lame

Taaltos
04-15-2013, 12:17 PM
Client patches are difficult beasts to handle. Small with isolated fixes can be deployed somewhat rapidly but if they are serious client patches, like srsly serious, it’s a huge effort. One of those is scheduled to hit Monday or Tuesday for PC and XBOX 360 and as soon as possible for PlayStation 3 following that (it’s logistics, I can’t change it). We’ve been doing our best to get it into your hands as soon as possible, therefore the discrepancy.

Monday or Tuesday it says.

http://community.defiance.com/en/2013/04/11/day-29-its-tricky-to-rock-a-rhyme-thats-right-on-time-so-heres-a-patch-to-address-that/

Hype
04-15-2013, 12:18 PM
At the very least they should say something. Nothing is worse than being kept in the dark by a ****ty dev team.

TheFlash
04-15-2013, 12:20 PM
They seem pretty good about communicating once they know. Finding the communication can be tricky, such as when the servers first went live, and the only dev confirmation was a cryptic tweet from Lance (myll_eric).

I suspect on this patch, we'll get something from Sledge as soon as the developers actually tell him. He's pretty good about reading and responding to the client-base.

sallallin
04-15-2013, 12:21 PM
Hi when is the new patch being released ?
And is the DLC later in a week or so ?
Cheers :)

today i dont know what time but today for sure. and today is the premier of the show

krisx xDRx
04-15-2013, 12:22 PM
From the notes here on the forum it appears this is just a restart. The actual patch will not occur yet. I can't find any info on what day the patch will take place. The only information I find puts it happening somewhere in this week. :confused: But I wouldn't count on it.

Also, no word on when regional lock will be removed (if ever). As many of you know there's currently no way to play with anyone from another region (ie. US play with UK or EU). :p :(

FRUSTRATING! :mad:

ironhands
04-15-2013, 12:24 PM
I wouldn't risk a patch on the series launch day, first thing tomorrow would be more optimal.

As for the episode mission(s) that should be incoming after the show airs, they may not need to initiate any patching or server outages, it might just require activating/spawning the NPC the same way the "random" events are triggered

ironhands
04-15-2013, 12:25 PM
Also, no word on when regional lock will be removed (if ever). As many of you know there's currently no way to play with anyone from another region (ie. US play with UK or EU). :p :(

FRUSTRATING! :mad:

PC can, you just need to login to the same server, but your latency wouldn't be very good.

Shawnchapp
04-15-2013, 12:26 PM
I have a feeling it would come after the show airs...

BattleTested
04-15-2013, 12:36 PM
I wouldn't risk a patch on the series launch day

ok.... dude...

Bug fixes should be patch'ed right away and not waited on. I dont like game companys went with the idea of doing major patches that take like 2-4 weeks to give to the people that has been happening for years now if video game company's had beta testers to start and not used there customers for free labor finding there bugs for them we wouldn't have issues like these for any video game release if you asked me iv beta tested alot of games over my years and even the bugs i have told the devs about do not even get patched soon. iv reported about 10 bugs ingame to the devs. Just like other games and server lag and such they dont add servers because it costs alot of money so they have enough and they release statements saying we didnt expect this much people playing our game even though thats a lie look at the other guys new release of that city building game they knew ppl where going to play there have access to game sales like all other video game company's do.

Jeronan
04-15-2013, 12:41 PM
Patch has been delayed until further notice. Has been posted on twitter a short while ago by Sledgehammer.

Taaltos
04-15-2013, 12:48 PM
Patch has been delayed until further notice. Has been posted on twitter a short while ago by Sledgehammer.

A delay was NOT confirmed.

Tuesday by trion's time, which is currently 12:47pm Monday, hasn't passed yet.

https://imageshack.us/a/img841/9531/awwl.png

hugdealer
04-15-2013, 12:54 PM
really hope the chat is improved.
basically like playing a single player game with ghosts wandering around.

patch delay?
hope it's not a sign of things to come..

Jeronan
04-15-2013, 12:54 PM

If they say today that the date is unknown currently, then it's highly likely it won't be tomorrow either.
Otherwise he would have said somewhere tomorrow. I mean... you pretty much know the day before if you going to release the patch tomorrow.

The fact that he clearly says that a date is currently unknown... smells like delay to me.

ironhands
04-15-2013, 12:56 PM
patch was scheduled for today/tomorrow, so a "new date" isn't needed

another patch in 2 weeks, and DLC after that at some point, a few weeks to a month IIRC, however new episode missions should be available after each episode airs.

Shazbot88
04-15-2013, 12:58 PM
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?37423-quot-When-does-the-patch-come-out-quot-Update!

There is your somewhat answer.

TheLonelyShnib
04-15-2013, 01:01 PM
There seems to of been a small patch as there is a new section under pursuit called episodes.

Dexter
04-15-2013, 01:02 PM

So, most likely not even today or tomorow...

krisx xDRx
04-15-2013, 01:13 PM
I agree I could play with them on a PC. However, I'm on XBOX. I've stated that in other posts but not on this thread. My apologies about that clarification. That said, I love the game. I just want to be able to play with my friends in the UK since many of my group/clan are there.

krisx xDRx
04-15-2013, 01:25 PM
PC can, you just need to login to the same server, but your latency wouldn't be very good.

See above please

Shima
04-15-2013, 01:27 PM
It seemed a bit fast for them to put up preliminary patch notes and then patch less than a week later. It's probably a little ways off still.

ironhands
04-15-2013, 01:31 PM
See above please

Yeah, see that now. Not sure what, if anything will ever happen with that, but the problem here would be latency, and M$ QA probably thinks it'll be too high, so unless they can get an incredibly fast IP bridge between the two, not sure how they'd resolve it.

How does M$ know what region you're in, is it in the firmware/physical copy, or do they base it on the IP address? Wonder if you can spoof a location if it's the latter. Wouldn't recommend doing that, of course, as i'm sure that's an EULA violation

DariO
04-15-2013, 01:37 PM
Which patch is this you guys are talking about? 1.010?

VolDeVie
04-15-2013, 01:40 PM
At the very least they should say something. Nothing is worse than being kept in the dark by a ****ty dev team.
Honestly, I really like Trion's staff as a general rule. Give them some time to settle most the issues you're having with Defiance and I'm sure you'll like them. Assuming you're patient enough to give them that time, which most people seem to not want to do.

Padooka
04-15-2013, 01:41 PM
So are we getting a patch today or not? :-)

Ali Mente
04-16-2013, 04:42 AM
Then back to the same as the language out. And say what phase. Always such silly talk and false promises. The catch exactly the same crap like Battlefield. Much Bla bla. I'm looking forward to the ****storm

necrofobic
04-16-2013, 06:21 AM
so its tuesday.. and i am now gonna start holding my breath til the patch hits!

taking bets on my death vs patch ?

Munx
04-16-2013, 06:22 AM
far more likely you'll just manage to knock yourself out.

Taaltos
04-16-2013, 06:23 AM
far more likely you'll just manage to knock yourself out.

Let's help him! Get the duct tape!

xD

necrofobic
04-16-2013, 06:39 AM
Let's help him! Get the duct tape!

xD

lol >_< my life in the hands of "around the 15th" i really hope that means the 16th ;)

Taaltos
04-16-2013, 07:08 AM
lol >_< my life in the hands of "around the 15th" i really hope that means the 16th ;)

You didn't have to hold your breath long. :)

necrofobic
04-16-2013, 07:34 AM
yeah i know its insane, a few minutes after i posted , coincidence ??? ;)

Munx
04-16-2013, 07:38 AM
Liar, if you had really held your breath you'd be knocked out on the floor by now...