View Full Version : So when are the PATCHES suppose to be released

dash x73
04-15-2013, 12:19 PM

The Notorious Crunchwrap
04-15-2013, 12:20 PM
Eventually....

dash x73
04-15-2013, 12:22 PM
no point to give us patch notes unless they put a date on them.. thats just ignorance.. I could make a list of patch notes with all the potential changes I could make and just say.. one day I will add them.. "slackers unite tomorrow"

The Notorious Crunchwrap
04-15-2013, 12:26 PM
no point to give us patch notes unless they put a date on them.. thats just ignorance.. I could make a list of patch notes with all the potential changes I could make and just say.. one day I will add them.. "slackers unite tomorrow"

Well I agree with that they did say the 15th so they technically could wait till 11:59 and not be lying. However if they go pas that all hell will break loose.

Taaltos
04-15-2013, 12:28 PM
Client patches are difficult beasts to handle. Small with isolated fixes can be deployed somewhat rapidly but if they are serious client patches, like srsly serious, itís a huge effort. One of those is scheduled to hit Monday or Tuesday for PC and XBOX 360 and as soon as possible for PlayStation 3 following that (itís logistics, I canít change it). Weíve been doing our best to get it into your hands as soon as possible, therefore the discrepancy.

There ya go. http://community.defiance.com/en/2013/04/11/day-29-its-tricky-to-rock-a-rhyme-thats-right-on-time-so-heres-a-patch-to-address-that/

censingice
04-15-2013, 12:31 PM
Client patches are difficult beasts to handle. Small with isolated fixes can be deployed somewhat rapidly but if they are serious client patches, like srsly serious, it’s a huge effort. One of those is scheduled to hit Monday or Tuesday for PC and XBOX 360 and as soon as possible for PlayStation 3 following that

dash x73
04-15-2013, 12:32 PM
so today is monday ,, the day they were referring to ... april 15, 2013. and no patch [nothing added that is listed in patch notes] as of 12:31 pm (PST) for xbox 360.. any confirmation for PC or Ps3?

censingice
Tha from the day 29 blog

DuhTigersBlood
Dude, it's not ignorant considering it's a fix and they said monday or tuesday

dash x73
04-15-2013, 12:35 PM

its ignorant to release patch notes before you release a date for the patch to occur.

this is how it should be done.. [how the competition does it at least]

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/news/view/2832654788585875743/

XL0ST GEARX
04-15-2013, 12:36 PM
If y'all would look y'all would no they said it would be after the show aired

dash x73
04-15-2013, 12:38 PM
If y'all would look y'all would no they said it would be after the show aired
can you quote or reference this statement please?

JMadFour
04-15-2013, 12:40 PM
so today is monday ,, the day they were referring to ... april 15, 2013. and no patch [nothing added that is listed in patch notes] as of 12:31 pm (PST) for xbox 360.. any confirmation for PC or Ps3?

first off, they said Monday or Tuesday.

second off, Monday isn't over yet.

neither is Tuesday.

just wait. it's not going to kill you.

we won't get the new patch before the show airs, I'm willing to bet scrip on it. reason being is that in addition to bug fixes and whatnot, the patch will also contain the weekly episodic content, so to launch the patch before the show would be a spoiler.

dash x73
04-15-2013, 12:41 PM
are these patches going to occur client or server sided? how do we download the patch, will it occur automatically, what date can we expect the patch, or is it just maybe monday or maybe tuesday, are you sure we can expect it at least by wednesday? or perhaps is it being delayed?

dash x73
04-15-2013, 12:42 PM

neither is Tuesday.

we won't get the new patch before the show airs, I'm willing to bet scrip on it. reason being is that in addition to bug fixes and whatnot, the patch will also contain the weekly episodic content, so to launch the patch before the show would be a spoiler.

well the show has already aired. on amazon.. at least http://mmofallout.com/2013/04/14/watch-defiance-episode-1-on-amazon/

if anything I would like to see capture and hold added to matching and the marin pursuits fixed so we can at least complete them..

Taaltos
04-15-2013, 12:43 PM
well the show has already aired. on amazon.. at least http://mmofallout.com/2013/04/14/watch-defiance-episode-1-on-amazon/

That was an unofficial oops. It's gone now. It hasn't aired.

xcbox dmo
04-15-2013, 12:44 PM

Illinois represent!!

EliteShooter021
04-15-2013, 01:02 PM
I was on twitter and an hour ago they said the patch would be live at 12:00 PST and its an hour later than that now. What gives?

Taaltos
04-15-2013, 01:03 PM
I was on twitter and an hour ago they said the patch would be live at 12:00 PST and its an hour later than that now. What gives?

No, they said there was a server restart, not a patch.

EliteShooter021
04-15-2013, 01:05 PM
I see...but wouldn't this be prep for the patch? Like so we can download it?

JMadFour
04-15-2013, 01:05 PM
are these patches going to occur client or server sided? how do we download the patch, will it occur automatically, what date can we expect the patch, or is it just maybe monday or maybe tuesday, are you sure we can expect it at least by wednesday? or perhaps is it being delayed?

I think this is going to be a client patch. not sure.

EliteShooter021
04-15-2013, 01:13 PM
So should we expect the patch today? Or not?

Radio Five
04-15-2013, 01:13 PM
Maybe I'm missing something, but what's the BFD? How can anyone have the audacity to complain with all the TLC and rapid patches this game has received since it's been released into the wild? Obviously they're working at a break-neck speed on 3 platforms simultaneously. Even if it gets delayed past Tuesday, can't we cut them a little slack? Go play outside or something.

C0D3b1ueDV0
04-15-2013, 01:29 PM
I am itching for a patch. please patch me...soon!

BlameItOnGod13
04-15-2013, 01:34 PM
when I play this game, beyond the positives, I generally want to smash my ***** off a wall. it seems like it may be more pleasurable. at times. lol that one dude said im willing to bet scrip. that's funny to me no offense. hes just like what are dollars? lol good stuff bud.

Unsent Soul
04-15-2013, 01:37 PM
Maybe I'm missing something, but what's the BFD? How can anyone have the audacity to complain with all the TLC and rapid patches this game has received since it's been released into the wild? Obviously they're working at a break-neck speed on 3 platforms simultaneously. Even if it gets delayed past Tuesday, can't we cut them a little slack? Go play outside or something.

Come on, you gotta realize these kiddos want **** NOW, because they think they are entitled or some other astronomical reason...

Orge Lambart
04-15-2013, 01:39 PM
I hope pretty soon my car levels are getting close to 20, which will mean more than likely they'll get glitched and reset back to 1... ugg.

iCoNiC_Waly
04-15-2013, 01:44 PM

neither is Tuesday.

What if you already watched the show from the amazon blunder? I kid of course, but your logic does happen to make the most sense. All in all, I think people are just anxious to see some new and interesting content and like children on the night before christmas cannot wait to open presents.

Orge Lambart
04-15-2013, 01:57 PM
What if you already watched the show from the amazon blunder? I kid of course, but your logic does happen to make the most sense. All in all, I think people are just anxious to see some new and interesting content and like children on the night before christmas cannot wait to open presents.

I'm more interested in fixes to co-op and the eventual fix to car skill levels, going to be pretty rough when I have to walk everywhere because I don't want to glitch out my skill levels.

Kombat
04-15-2013, 02:05 PM
Come on, you gotta realize these kiddos want **** NOW, because they think they are entitled or some other astronomical reason...
We feel fvcking entitled because we payed $60 for this damn game.

Taaltos
04-15-2013, 02:11 PM
I paid 100+ for WoW with all the expansions, plus 15.00 a month for however many total months I'veplayed, they take the game down for half a day once a week.

No one should feel entitled for paying 60.00 for an MMO on PC, PS3, and XBOX 360, which hasn't been done before, that recieves constant updates, both bugs and fixes, as well as free content, to keep playing.

/smh

lordchun
04-15-2013, 02:17 PM
You may feel this way but the developer owes you nothing but the base game. Just like most consumer items. Company's can recall things because of glitches or other mundane thing but they DONT have too. The only time they have to is if a health risk is involved. Since there is no health risk involved they DONT have to patch squat. They do it because they want to. It cost them money just to make and release them to us.

Did I pay for the patch. Nope. Will I get it free of charge. Yep. Will it cost them money they don't really have to spend. Yep.

So quit you complaining and just WAIT. But but but I don't want to. Well here's a little saying I like to tell people that feel they are entitled

Life is NOT fair. Get over it.

SYN BLACK XS
04-15-2013, 02:24 PM
Whats the rush? Aside from people using the sawed-off's as much as possible in PvP before the nerf comes, whats the huge deal?

iCoNiC_Waly
04-15-2013, 02:30 PM
Whats the rush? Aside from people using the sawed-off's as much as possible in PvP before the nerf comes, whats the huge deal?

I personally am looking forward to the fixes and new additions, but I understand if they plan on taking their time with this. It could always be worse with no patch.

mikec28
04-15-2013, 02:37 PM

the rush is because after reading the patch notes i realized that this is the game i had paid 60 euros for not what im playing now...what im playing now its beta.i love the game but i got it launch day and its been a frustration for me(im sure for others as well).

SYN BLACK XS
04-15-2013, 02:42 PM
...Are we expecting there to be a night/day difference between the patched version and what we have now? based on the patch notes, I dont think so. theyre addressing key issues we all wanted... fantastic. BUT, not getting these fixes in the next 12+ hours isnt going to make the game any less enjoyable.

I'm sure some stubborn folk will disagree, but really... whinning about something we have no control over, will accomplish nothing.

Tzar of kaos
04-15-2013, 02:50 PM
I didn't got any big issues since launch...But of course the game need patches and it will comes sooner or later...Just be patient and read official treads instead of making several useless threads about the same subjet...

Unsent Soul
04-15-2013, 02:51 PM
the rush is because after reading the patch notes i realized that this is the game i had paid 60 euros for not what im playing now...what im playing now its beta.i love the game but i got it launch day and its been a frustration for me(im sure for others as well).

Someone get this guy a box of tissues, he's gonna need them for the long night ahead...

dash x73
04-15-2013, 02:51 PM
we are entitled to the game we were promised, and we are entitled to know the date when the patch is going to be released, considering the only way to play this game is to log into their server, if this was an offline game, then It would be different. We would have product, but considering that playing this requires xbox live, an always on internet connection, and many functions of the game.. just read the patch notes...

its not like DLC , or extra content, its like bare bone things they should have had working even before the beta was released to xbox 360.. but nobody wants to pay beta testers these days so they get a bunch of scrubs to report content, and then hope their customers will report content, when really they could have had it polished in the 5 years of making that they claim.

this game is not a final product, and when I'm playing it I feel like im still playing beta, I feel like a beta tester, because every 5 minutes I find another problem to report, and I don't feel like I'm playing a finished game, I feel like I'm being used to report content, are they paying me to give them feedback, are they providing a "product" with an MMO the product only lasts as long as their servers are up and running as intended. So are we there yet... I'm just happy this isn't another subscription service.. but can we justify that the patch notes that they admit, we haven't gotten a release date, we've all been given scrip boosts, I would say they least they could do is promise us a date, to expect a release to those fixes listed, instead of just casually saying "monday or tuesday or wednesday" you will get a patch, an update or whatever, how do we even know the patch they release will be the
patch they talk about in the notes.. they haven't even said it would be that patch.. finally, things like capture and hold and some of the missions that were removed, that prevent you from "progressing in the game" are still missing.. so like i said before the pressure is on because hey, we require their server to play, if it suddenly just shut down then what, thankfully that hasn't happened drastically, but if it did.. anyway , aren't we entitled to the date [the patch] will occur and how we go about getting it.?

PitBull76
04-15-2013, 02:53 PM

I paid $150 AND was part of the beta. I have far more invested in this game than you, junior. so **** and enjoy it!

Unsent Soul
04-15-2013, 02:57 PM
we are entitled to the game we were promised, and we are entitled to know the date when the patch is going to be released, considering the only way to play this game is to log into their server, if this was an offline game, then It would be different. We would have product, but considering that playing this requires xbox live, an always on internet connection, and many functions of the game.. just read the patch notes...

its not like DLC , or extra content, its like bare bone things they should have had working even before the beta was released to xbox 360.. but nobody wants to pay beta testers these days so they get a bunch of scrubs to report content, and then hope their customers will report content, when really they could have had it polished in the 5 years of making that they claim.

this game is not a final product, and when I'm playing it I feel like im still playing beta, I feel like a beta tester, because every 5 minutes I find another problem to report, and I don't feel like I'm playing a finished game, I feel like I'm being used to report content, are they paying me to give them feedback, are they providing a "product" with an MMO the product only lasts as long as their servers are up and running as intended. So are we there yet... I'm just happy this isn't another subscription service.. but can we justify that the patch notes that they admit, we haven't gotten a release date, we've all been given scrip boosts, I would say they least they could do is promise us a date, to expect a release to those fixes listed, instead of just casually saying "monday or tuesday or wednesday" you will get a patch, an update or whatever, how do we even know the patch they release will be the
patch they talk about in the notes.. they haven't even said it would be that patch.. finally, things like capture and hold and some of the missions that were removed, that prevent you from "progressing in the game" are still missing.. so like i said before the pressure is on because hey, we require their server to play, if it suddenly just shut down then what, aren't we entitled to the date at least?

1) they gave a date, today or tomorrow so... 15th/16th... That's a date
2) what MMO have you EVER PLAYED that was a finished product when it was out on the shelf? Ill answer it for you... NONE!
3)how does capture and hold help you progress through the game? It's just a game mode for extra fun...

Nice long drawn out whine... Please stop posting.

Colteran
04-15-2013, 03:00 PM
Whine whine whine, I've never experience an MMO at launch or a week after whine whine whine.

Tell us how you really feel.

dash x73
04-15-2013, 03:01 PM
lol okay... well ... they didn't say the 15th or the 16th.. just saying..

I didn't expect it to be perfect at launch.. I just feel like the way they post public announcements was a little to casual.. and not very informative.

but I'm willing to bet scrip we won't get it the 15th or 16th...

Tzar of kaos
04-15-2013, 03:05 PM

patch they talk about in the notes.. they haven't even said it would be that patch.. finally, things like capture and hold and some of the missions that were removed, that prevent you from "progressing in the game" are still missing.. so like i said before the pressure is on because hey, we require their server to play, if it suddenly just shut down then what, thankfully that hasn't happened drastically, but if it did.. anyway , aren't we entitled to the date [the patch] will occur and how we go about getting it.?

This is an MMO and that means it will needs patches until they close servers...If you didn't know that too bad for you.Before buying a video game just get more informations.

Radio Five
04-15-2013, 03:07 PM

Right? I mean, seriously. How many patches do you want in a 2 week period?

dash x73
04-15-2013, 03:07 PM
blah blah blah blaahhhh... so what time monday or tuesday or wednesday..

Colteran
04-15-2013, 03:09 PM

Why do you insist on continuing to ask questions that individuals do not have the answer to?

Tzar of kaos
04-15-2013, 03:19 PM

Or maybe never ^^.

dash x73
04-15-2013, 03:21 PM
so is it client or server sided... will we have to download it from Microsoft or will it be downloaded from in game client. Can we expect the patch notes to be implemented in one patch or over several patches over the next few months or all in one day

Wolfrick_Adar
04-15-2013, 03:22 PM
we are entitled to the game we were promised
This is not meant to be flame, but I see this a lot and wonder -- what did the game promise that it hasn't delivered?

Keep in mind I'm asking as a War Z victim, where it was possible to literally cut-and-paste promises from the game's homepage that weren't even on the dev's drawing board. Is there anything like that happening here?

Daimyon
04-15-2013, 03:31 PM
I'm a little curious how people can play an MMO without having any measure of patience.

xTbradford420x
04-15-2013, 03:42 PM
I hope it is today or tomorrow :3

dash x73
04-15-2013, 03:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yop62wQH498

Dodece
04-15-2013, 03:56 PM
Seriously I just don't get the griping going on. Some things in the game are broken, but a lot of things aren't in the least affected, and most players haven't even come close to exhausting the content in the game. I could see how there would be frustration if players weren't able to level up, loot important items, or play the game as was intended, but that isn't what we have here.

Players aren't being blocked from progressing the characters, acquiring loot, or playing the game as intended. It isn't even unfair, because most everybody is equally blocked. So it isn't like someone is blazing past you since you can't engage in some particular piece of content.

PitBull76
04-15-2013, 04:01 PM
I hope they implement the patch during the premier of the show. It would make sense because I'm sure the vast majority of players will be watching anyway.

iCoNiC_Waly
04-15-2013, 04:05 PM
This is not meant to be flame, but I see this a lot and wonder -- what did the game promise that it hasn't delivered?

Keep in mind I'm asking as a War Z victim, where it was possible to literally cut-and-paste promises from the game's homepage that weren't even on the dev's drawing board. Is there anything like that happening here?

To be fair, you bought a game that another game was already doing, and from what everyone understood, it was doing the whole zombie survival much better than War Z ever could.

Kombat
04-15-2013, 04:18 PM
You may feel this way but the developer owes you nothing but the base game. Just like most consumer items. Company's can recall things because of glitches or other mundane thing but they DONT have too. The only time they have to is if a health risk is involved. Since there is no health risk involved they DONT have to patch squat. They do it because they want to. It cost them money just to make and release them to us.

Did I pay for the patch. Nope. Will I get it free of charge. Yep. Will it cost them money they don't really have to spend. Yep.

So quit you complaining and just WAIT. But but but I don't want to. Well here's a little saying I like to tell people that feel they are entitled

Life is NOT fair. Get over it.

They owe us the best version of the base game.

Kombat
04-15-2013, 04:21 PM
I paid 100+ for WoW with all the expansions, plus 15.00 a month for however many total months I'veplayed, they take the game down for half a day once a week.

No one should feel entitled for paying 60.00 for an MMO on PC, PS3, and XBOX 360, which hasn't been done before, that recieves constant updates, both bugs and fixes, as well as free content, to keep playing.

/smh

Is half a day once a week too much for you? Damn get some sun.

/smh

Colteran
04-15-2013, 04:30 PM

/smh

Are you trolling or just stupid?

Tzar of kaos
04-15-2013, 04:39 PM
After the 10th or the 20th patch,how the forum will look like!!??... Will you still act like that !!??...

PoLeo
04-15-2013, 05:14 PM
Anyone have an idea of the latest this patch will be released?

oHORIZONSo
04-15-2013, 05:31 PM
Anyone have an idea of the latest this patch will be released?
Well considering that the post said rather Monday (today) or Tuesday for PC and Xbox 360 and since its Monday today and no patch, it's most likely it will be tomorrow. Unless they still don't release the patch tomorrow.

iCoNiC_Waly
04-15-2013, 05:34 PM

/smh

I think he was trying to state that we have no right to feel entitled to anything TRION provides, simply because we do not pay any type of subscription beyond Xbox live. I think people feel entitled to the patch coming out, because they are anxious to have it in affect. I am anxious for the patch but I can wait, rather it be a clean launch rather than another few days a lag.

Atheosis
04-15-2013, 05:38 PM
I think he was trying to state that we have no right to feel entitled to anything TRION provides, simply because we do not pay any type of subscription beyond Xbox live. I think people feel entitled to the patch coming out, because they are anxious to have it in affect. I am anxious for the patch but I can wait, rather it be a clean launch rather than another few days a lag.

People who paid for a game that was clearly unfinished are more than justified to feel entitled to a patch or a dozen.

Wolfrick_Adar
04-15-2013, 05:44 PM
People who paid for a game that was clearly unfinished are more than justified to feel entitled to a patch or a dozen.
"Clearly unfinished" is a bit of a stretch, but the devs have delivered several small patches with two big ones on the horizon.

Nervusbreakdown
04-15-2013, 05:46 PM
i am pretty sure its going to happen after the show or during the show, to get people off the game and check out the show.

dash x73
04-15-2013, 09:44 PM
i am pretty sure its going to happen after the show or during the show, to get people off the game and check out the show.

this should have nothing to do with it

{Monday or tuesday}

Xepher
04-15-2013, 09:55 PM

WAY off topic: Love the display pic Hollywood Undead for life. A knife called lust is my all time fav. song by them.

Xepher
04-15-2013, 10:04 PM

OH NO not $60. Any idea how much money went into and is still going into this game WAHH. I hate to be mean but come on I payed $100 and I don't feel any entitlement so why should you? Its not your game it is theres and I think they care alot more about it taking off then you do because if it dosent they lose all funding for it and take a big hit to there credibility. So they will release it when there sure its ready and they wont have there forums flood there forums with threads like "the game is still broken ahh I hate it so much" all the while your still playing the game and *****ing on the forums. If its that bad and you can't wait and dont want I dont know go out side and play then go play CoD/Halo for a little while. Not hateing on CoD or Halo as they are both great games for what they are.

dash x73
04-16-2013, 01:19 AM
{Monday or tuesday} .. well I guess it wasn't monday

Jamesdanex
04-16-2013, 01:32 AM
I paid $150 AND was part of the beta. I have far more invested in this game than you, junior. so **** and enjoy it!

Try 150$ and in the alpha for months before release.

PitBull76
04-16-2013, 02:01 AM
OH NO not $60. Any idea how much money went into and is still going into this game WAHH. I hate to be mean but come on I payed $100 and I don't feel any entitlement so why should you? Its not your game it is theres and I think they care alot more about it taking off then you do because if it dosent they lose all funding for it and take a big hit to there credibility. So they will release it when there sure its ready and they wont have there forums flood there forums with threads like "the game is still broken ahh I hate it so much" all the while your still playing the game and *****ing on the forums. If its that bad and you can't wait and dont want I dont know go out side and play then go play CoD/Halo for a little while. Not hateing on CoD or Halo as they are both great games for what they are.

Atheosis,
Not only do they have to worry about game sales, but if people are truly unhappy with the game then the show will suffer for it as well...and vice versa. Be pissed about your $60 all you want but where were you during beta testing? Were you there with me and all those other people who poured hours into the beta to try and make it better for lazy f---***** like you? NO... and I spent $150 on my copy of the game so take your complaints somewhere else because nobody really gives a crap what you think about the game at this point. It's an awesome product with some flaws and Trion has put more effort into fixing them than you could possibly fathom.

Tell you what...you go put together a product on three platforms, make it so thousands of people can all play at the same time, make it have a good story and fun quests, and make it all flawless. I'll buy it. until then shut the f--- up

C0D3b1ueDV0
04-16-2013, 05:05 AM

I love seeing people stand up for big business. If they cared about the game at all, they would deliver what was promised. That is how they make money not lose it. Quit complaining about those complaining, you are doing the same thing as am I. Just find it silly that people will stand up for a big corporation, since they only care about $$$$$$ and not you, the game, or anything else. $$$$ drives them. If it didn't you would get a polished product during release. I mean what do I know, I don't work in the industry or know what it is like to complete high level projects with a deadline to fortune 500 companies and deliver to customer what is promised.

Hasss
04-16-2013, 05:21 AM
8AM Tuesday. Well ****... I noticed there are new goals up, actually. Little small thing. Anyway, I hope this update comes out soon. I need to do Dam Defense to finish my pursuit, but I can wait.

BlameItOnGod13
04-16-2013, 05:31 AM
it looks like they gave us busy work to keep us busy instead of what we want. and why are they not doing anything with cloak PvP wise? like ohhhh weapons do to much damage SWITCH SWITCH BOOM! but cloak is fine. seems legit. most of the character customization pursuits are ugly and worthless IMO

C0D3b1ueDV0
04-16-2013, 07:48 AM
update is out and guess what it is an update at the patch screen in the game. Love all the know it alls in these forums.