PDA

View Full Version : I'd like to speak with a supervisor please...

Captain Chron
04-15-2013, 12:43 PM
I really wanted to keep this in the "Support" section but Sledge pretty much shot that down. So without further stalling for time, I'd like to speak with a supervisor, please.

EDIT: Because apparently this needs to be clarified... I have already tried support.trionworlds.com more than once regarding this issue.

The Situation
At exactly 10:13pm on April 13th, I finally gave in and purchased 1800 bits from the in-game Defiance Store via PSN.
Now, typically, in every other MMO I've ever played, your purchased premium currency typically appears in less than 5 minutes. Sometimes the wait is a bit longer depending on the game but does not usually exceed 30 minutes.

So you could imagine my surprise when I didn't receive anything at all before I finally gave up, sent in a support ticket in-game, and went to bed a couple hours later.

The following day I log back in thinking "Maybe there was an issue, I should have my bits now."
Yet none were present. At this point I sent in a support ticket at support.trionworlds.com. Another couple hours wait and still nothing.

Then I tried using the support section's live-chat service which, by the by, always seems to have service errors whenever I try to use it so... no luck there... so I took to the "support" section of the forums to voice my concerns there.

Turns out, I was not alone. A few folks playing over XBL and another PSN user gave responses indicating the same problems. At this point about a full day had gone by with no bits, no word on whether or not they're even looking into it, and no way to contact support directly via live-chat.

In goes another in-game support ticket as well as one sent directly to support.trionworlds.com.

It is now nearly 1pm PST on April 15th (some 35+ hours later)!!! I still have no bits. And when I finally DO get a response from someone who might actually know what they're doing, it's Seldge telling me to go to support.trionworlds.com... something I've been TRYING to do for over a day now... and locking down the discussion thread even though there are people just like me voicing their concerns about the issue.

*head-desk*

In any other marketplace in the civilized world, this would be considered stealing on the part of the merchant. People would cry out, and the merchant would do anything they could to quell the situation before it becomes a bad review, a police report, or a boycott resulting in some really bad press for the merchant.

Instead I get ye olde runaround.

Now I understand that literally 100% of MMOs go through some growing pains in the early stages of their respective life cycles. Believe me. I'm aware of this. But I'd like to think that you guys are even TRYING to give people, at bare minimum, what they paid extra money for on top of the price of admission to your game.

I'm hoping that this issue is resolved soon so I can return to being satisfied with an otherwise exceptional game experience. If you wanted to throw in some stuff for the lengthy wait and runaround, I wouldn't mind that either.

Sincerely,

Captain Chron

Jestunhi
04-15-2013, 12:44 PM
https://support.trionworlds.com/

:edit:

I see you have been there already, no way to delete post on this forum though. ;)

Pyth
04-15-2013, 12:47 PM
Just so you know, those in game support tickets can take a while to get a response from. They have a huge volume to go through, but they'll get it fixed bro. You've already gone through the proper motions, just give it a bit more time.

Captain Chron
04-15-2013, 12:48 PM
https://support.trionworlds.com/

:edit:

I see you have been there already, no way to delete post on this forum though. ;)

Yes. To clarify for everyone... I have already tried support.trionworlds.com multiple times.

Captain Chron
04-15-2013, 12:49 PM
Just so you know, those in game support tickets can take a while to get a response from. They have a huge volume to go through, but they'll get it fixed bro. You've already gone through the proper motions, just give it a bit more time.

Then they should try not saying "You should receive a response within 24 hours" on their automated responses to support tickets.

Pyth
04-15-2013, 12:51 PM
Then they should try not saying "You should receive a response within 24 hours" on their automated responses to support tickets.
I've had issues that have taken about 2-3 days to get resolved. From my personal experience, they get it done. It's just not always as fast as we would like.

We all feel your pain man, just got to give it a bit more time.

PRE
04-15-2013, 12:51 PM
I have not read anything good about tritons customer support at least in regards to defiance.

If you don't want to wait it out I suggest contacting Sony with a email or a phone call, I know they will give you a refund

Jestunhi
04-15-2013, 12:52 PM
I've only had issues with 1 of my titles, so not much contact.

What little I did have was fairly quick.

I submitted a ticket: 04/06/2013 04:53 PM
Got a reply: 04/09/2013 02:31 AM (didn't expect an immediate response over the weekend)

I responded: 04/10/2013 02:33 PM
And it was resolved: 04/10/2013 09:56 PM

2 weekend days & 2 working days, 1 day less if I didn't need to respond to their reply.

FriendlyStranger
04-15-2013, 12:54 PM
The bits on playstation and xbox seem to be handled by their respective companies, not trion, not exactly anyway.

MacDeath
You bought em thru PSN. Have you tried to contact PSN to resolve this?

Talon Swiftshot
I think your post is very reasonable Chron. Really hope you get your bits as the thought of this can be disruptive. I'd have thought that Trion would've had a team to deal specifically with micro-transactioons and any fallout tha would emerge from them.

ironhands
04-15-2013, 01:04 PM
I'm not sure how it works on the PSN side of things, but, can you not contact Sony to refund the purchase? Did you purchase the bits with a credit card, or the PSN equivalent of MS points?

ironhands
04-15-2013, 01:07 PM
The bits on playstation and xbox seem to be handled by their respective companies, not trion, not exactly anyway.

depends how the transaction happened, but it's like any credit card purchase, if the transaction failed and you didn't get a receipt from the company, you can easily clear it up with the card company, or MS points support and try again if you wish once the balance has been refunded

Vion Diamonds
04-15-2013, 01:07 PM
Basturds's

Evilution
04-15-2013, 01:08 PM
Happened to me (PS3 also), I put in a ticket and kept checking the store, a couple of hours later the bits was there. So only advice I can give is keep checking the store to see if you have bits every now and then.

Sanguinesun
04-15-2013, 01:28 PM
Right!

*rubs hands together*

I'm going to need a piece of cloth about a foot long.... ah! This will do!

*Unties his bow tie*

Now follow these steps carefully.

1. Copy the link to this thread.
2. Go over to twitter to these following twitter accounts:
https://twitter.com/dahanese
https://twitter.com/Myll_Erik
https://twitter.com/sledgehammer70
and the best for last: https://twitter.com/ennstamatic

Lovely thing Twitter...
3. Next, send them all a link copy to your thread asking for their help and be nice. Perhaps throw in a compliment to dahanese's dog being cute or Richardsson's fondness of Godzilla in his twitter banner background. You know, make them feel good.

4. Hope for the best! I mean if after all that you still get no resolution I'm pretty sure a sonic screw driver wont be of much use to you then!

Right then. Off you go!:cool:

Hope499
04-15-2013, 01:34 PM
But what about the people who will never want anything to do with somthing called "twitter" so they can "tweet"

Maybe im just too old for it...but damn do I hate that lol.

But ya that would piss me off for sure....I love everything Trion does in support of this game, but they are a little fast on shutting/deleting peoples stuff without talking to them about it..

Wadgod
04-15-2013, 01:57 PM
ive got a problem just like this i was about to buy a +10 inventory expansion and a clan xp boost, it added them to my cart and took my bits when i clicked checkout or purchase whatever the button is that buys them it wouldnt let me said i didnt have enough bits...... so i went into my cart and removed them now by doing this its obviously going to refund my bit since i hadnt actually bought these yet they were just sitting in my cart waiting to be bought but it didnt. It took my bits without me even buying anything.. I sent in a support ticket and like 4 days later i get nearly a paragraph of bs about how they all busy and dont have time to help and they hope i will still play and etc etc etc bs bs bs.... Really you cant just give me what i apparently paid for, you say u busy but write me a lengthy excuse as to y i get to sit, wait and hopefully get my stuff doesnt matter how little i lost, only 294 bits the fact is i lost REAL MONEY and the REAL MONEY STORE MAY BE BUGGED AND NOTHING IS BEING DONE ABOUT IT.

ironhands
04-15-2013, 01:58 PM
do you click the buy right now, instead of the cart method? I did the same thing during beta

Crunchyblack
04-15-2013, 02:05 PM
I think the problem was contacting Trion support when the purchase was made through Sony.

I will say that SOE was extremely fast and very consumer friendly when I asked them to refund a bunch of Planetside 2 purchases, really only on the ground that I wanted to buy other items (since decal stuff didn't stack so I couldn't get rims and a grill guard was one or the other)

Anyway I got all my money refunded and they let me keep everything I bought, which was awesome. Now, that was SOE, not sure about whoever handles the PS3.

As for badgering Trion, and submitting multiple tickets (all that does is clog their system up and cause more slowness) for something that I would think is out of their hands...well not sure the support your expecting. Perhaps they will contact the right people for you and see whats going on?

Oh, and my name is Bob..i AM the supervisor

lol

Hiroller
04-15-2013, 03:17 PM
That can't answer support tickets cause they are to busy deleting posts that speak against this game. I learned from beta to save them however. They will be a good read on other forums

ironhands
04-15-2013, 03:26 PM
That can't answer support tickets cause they are to busy deleting posts that speak against this game. I learned from beta to save them however. They will be a good read on other forums

http://www.keeptalkinggreece.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/tin-foil-hat.jpg?3d6f98

Captain Chron
04-15-2013, 05:27 PM
Okay more clarification necessary I suppose.
Before anyone asks anymore... no there was nothing wrong with the funding end of it. I actually used some of the rebate I got from the "Spend $50 get $10" promotion PSN was having for a while.

So there was no need to hit up a credit card or anything like that because the cash already existed in my online wallet.

Next, this game handles currency in a weird fashion. I'd be more inclined to believe it's Sony's fault if it did these microtransactions similar to DCUO's. You know, where you just spend what's in your wallet.

In Defiance it's:
1) Spend what's in your wallet for bits.
2) Spend bits in Defiance's own system for items.
3) Receive items.

I'm stuck in limbo somewhere between #1 and #2.

I have a receipt in my e-mail that I normally get from Sony whenever I fund my wallet or purchase anything with said funds. It's actually how I know the exact time of the transaction.

ironhands
04-15-2013, 05:38 PM
That's what todays bug seems to be, bits transactions in limbo. You've got the confirmation from sony so you're covered, just have to wait for trion to complete the transaction manually since it doesn't look like they got the confirmation from sony. If you haven't already sent the sony receipt in one of your tickets, do so now, hopefully they'll have it sorted soon.

ViableZeal
04-15-2013, 06:03 PM
It's hard to believe the issue is with Xbox or PSN.(See attachment as proof of purchase on my xbox account)

This was on Saturday. I understand they are people, get the weekends off, etc. Its now after business on Monday. HOPEFULLY I see something by tomorrow. I just hate to see their reputation grow sour or any legal action taken because they aren't at the top of their game when it comes to the real money for in game items/currency side of things.

Captain Chron
04-15-2013, 06:32 PM
Yeah, PSN is under maintenance for another hour and a half so I can only submit the receipt I got sent to the associated email.

Captain Chron
04-15-2013, 10:17 PM
48 hours later. Still no bits.
I think I may have to start the process of getting Sony involved. It's a shame too. I really liked this game up until this point.

Rizaun
04-15-2013, 10:24 PM
http://pigroll.com/img/hello_yes_this_is_dog.jpg

Captain Chron
04-16-2013, 11:08 AM
61 hours later. No bits. No word.
Keep failing, folks.

ViableZeal
04-16-2013, 11:49 AM
Yes I've done all of the FAQ trouble shooting steps for each browser to help get chat working before posting this.

See the picture for what we see when we try to use Live Chat help.

Captain Chron
04-16-2013, 03:47 PM
Yes I've done all of the FAQ trouble shooting steps for each browser to help get chat working before posting this.

See the picture for what we see when we try to use Live Chat help.

Yup that's the one.
They keep telling us to go see support.
Who does support see when they need support?