PDA

View Full Version : For the people with higher EGO

SniperWolf
04-15-2013, 01:00 PM
I will like to see some type of recognition for my higher EGO level.. I look exactly like those lower level players, sh*t even they look better cuz they paid for the outfits... for example I would like to see something like a Sergeant outfit for level 1000 and up and a Commander outfit for 2000 and up and more with higher levels since being a higher level wont make any different my weapons are not that different from the ones I started with, maybe if you unlock things like new outfits, transportation, maybe some extremily rare perks for those who wants to go to level 5000, I just want a reason to go that high cuz Im level 1000 already and the only thing i can see at the moment is unlock more perk slots that for me wont make a huge different, already have the 5 perks I want another one will only add a lil extra.. I wanna have something that no lower level can get thats my point I guess I should've just said that lol..

Rhorge
04-15-2013, 01:05 PM
Do pursuits instead of grinding.

Jestunhi
04-15-2013, 01:06 PM
Was going to reply including a count of the number of "I want" and "I would like" in a single post, but got bored counting.

JustinM19
04-15-2013, 01:11 PM
Im sure many more outfits will show up that are harder to aquire.

SniperWolf
04-15-2013, 01:22 PM
Was going to reply including a count of the number of "I want" and "I would like" in a single post, but got bored counting.

Thanks for the advise english is my third language.. There are better ways to correct people, I speak portuguese, spanish, english.. What about you english? Thats it??

Remag Div
04-15-2013, 01:25 PM
Thanks for the advise english is my third language.. There are better ways to correct people, I speak portuguese, spanish, english.. What about you english? Thats it??

Speak Yoda, I do. my level get on...

Another
04-15-2013, 01:26 PM

Bragging about speaking additional languages in the 21st Century is like bragging about owning a computer. Growing your ePeen by showing off how you can "speak" english and 2 other very-similar languages is kind of an unspectacular and d**g-sh move.

Je parle Anglais, Franšaise, Chinois, et un peu d'Espagnol.

Pyth
04-15-2013, 01:26 PM
So you want complete strangers to know how awesome you are in a virtual world?

Never heard of anything like this before. I better call my local neighborhood psychologist and let them know that there's a new trend occurring.

Zelda Uzikua
04-15-2013, 01:28 PM
Who cares if you can only speak english or your third language is english? That's so stupid to even try to insult someone using language as an excuse.

Anyway back to topic, Don't just grind lvls and go after pursuits if you want different armor

Exes
04-15-2013, 01:28 PM

Englais, Franšaise Russe et d'Allemande! Yet don't brag about it, +1 for rest of post.

RoganTheGypo
04-15-2013, 01:30 PM
Duck you I got swag!

Another
04-15-2013, 01:32 PM
Englais, Franšaise Russe et d'Allemande! Yet don't brag about it, +1 for rest of post.

Awesome. I've been meaning to try and learn Russian. It doesn't come as easily as the three Romantic languages though.

Pyth
04-15-2013, 01:34 PM
English is a romantic language?

Have you ever been to Brooklyn?!

Ichidakiller
04-15-2013, 01:36 PM
A post about requesting additional outfits has tuned into a epeen contest about how many languages
And this folks is why im happy for region locking.

Rhorge
04-15-2013, 01:38 PM
A post about requesting additional outfits has tuned into a epeen contest about how many languages
And this folks is why im happy for region locking.

The only person you can blame is OP misinterpreting the comment.

FantasyMeister
04-15-2013, 01:39 PM
You already have a differentiation at EGO 1,000 - anyone lower level who inspects you is going to wish they had a 4-digit EGO level as well.

And assuming you've undertaken different activities in the game rather than grinding out the same 3 Skitterling Quests in a 200-yard radius in Mount Tam to gain your EGO you'll have a wealth of titles, outfits, vehicles, weapons, data recorders, Intel, mods, the convenience of a 50-slot base inventory, 5 perks, 4 loadouts, increased reputation and a wealth of experience so you know where to go and when to get the most fun out of the game.

That is priceless, worth way more than any EGO-related outfit. (Unless EGO-level related outfits included bonus stats, then I'd be all over it).

Victim Eyes
04-15-2013, 01:42 PM
it's funny how threads can go completely off-topic in just a matter of a few posts. i like the elite outfits idea.

btw, im cooler than you all

Froggyman
04-15-2013, 02:02 PM
This isn't the oddest derailment I've witnessed, but it's definitely up there. Can I join in on naming languages we can speak? I can speak japanese, I'm pretty proud of that. But I'm also proud of my command of the ENGLISH language, and seeing as though we are on a board that uses ENGLISH, being able to speak ENGLISH properly is what most people care about.

Don't get me wrong, a lot of the other languages are amazing, and I'm no elitist. But if you can't explain yourself properly online, you're gonna have a bad time.

To the point, I think more outfits should definitely be added, and I'm sure they will get to that over time.

SniperWolf
04-15-2013, 02:03 PM
Bragging about speaking additional languages in the 21st Century is like bragging about owning a computer. Growing your ePeen by showing off how you can "speak" english and 2 other very-similar languages is kind of an unspectacular and d**g-sh move.

Not bragging at all or impress anybody this is videogame site after all.. But you are right I shouldn't have said that, sorry if I sounded like a ******.. ps I love this game

Psion
04-15-2013, 02:08 PM
If you're completing the pursuits, there are outfits for higher EGO completions.

fishboy11
04-15-2013, 02:14 PM

yea and theres a ton of difference between spanish and portuguese, all latin based languages are so similar they are easy to pcik up for native speakers of a latin based language

DarqStalker
04-15-2013, 02:42 PM
The game has been out almost 2 weeks... perhaps a bit more patience with requesting more content? It's an MMO. If you aren't familiar with MMOs, they tend to stretch their content over many months.

Dack
04-15-2013, 02:50 PM
So basically you want people to know you have no life just by looking at you?
Cool story bro.

TigrisMorte
04-15-2013, 03:22 PM
Please play to have fun.
There is nothing superior in having put in more hours gaming than someone else.
There is nothing superior in any of the accomplishments in an imaginary world.
If you truly were, in any way, "better" than a player with a lower EGO your ego would not require the artificial peacock in game.
Just sayin'

Bob Dull
04-15-2013, 03:32 PM

I speak http://i.imgur.com/hvBh1cp.png!!

The Hangman
04-15-2013, 03:42 PM
I speak English and Downeast.

Azrael008uk
04-15-2013, 03:48 PM
I will like to see some type of recognition for my higher EGO level.. I look exactly like those lower level players

Perhaps an exclusive title would be the thing.

"Unemployed"?

"Long Term Sick"?

I'm just kidding.

Is it such a great achievement though that you simply spent much more time in the game than others?

Glytch
04-15-2013, 04:03 PM
Ya I'm just about to break 1300 EGO rating myself. But because I've done so many of the goals (finished all area and co-ops and working on pvp now) I have a whole lot of suits/head gear that I can play around with.

But on some levels I agree.. I think it's kind of asinine that we don't find anything unique because of our ratings. Something that makes us stand out as seasoned Ark Hunters. Different weapon designs, different suits and head gear. Maybe even shields that give some type of visual effect... Something. Anything to show our status.

Like there was a sniper rifle in the game previews before/during beta that had an open energy orb with light radiating out of its core floating in the barrel. When it was fired it shot out a blast of energy. I have yet to see this weapon in game, or anything other than the basic sniper rifles or basic any other weapon design.

Rhorge
04-15-2013, 04:05 PM
You get an armor set at the end of "EGO Evolution" pursuits. Too much work to get it? Well, that defeats your reasoning in the first place.

Glytch
04-15-2013, 04:09 PM
You get an armor set at the end of "EGO Evolution" pursuits. Too much work to get it? Well, that defeats your reasoning in the first place.

just impossible to get right now because things keep resetting on the pursuits. for pvp, arkfalls, and some of the others.

Myst
04-15-2013, 04:10 PM
Please play to have fun.
There is nothing superior in having put in more hours gaming than someone else.
There is nothing superior in any of the accomplishments in an imaginary world.
If you truly were, in any way, "better" than a player with a lower EGO your ego would not require the artificial peacock in game.
Just sayin'

Exactly how I feel and it's probably why I play the game so much. Of course I'll change outfits depending on if I like it or not and that's rather how I like playing.

Death Wish
04-15-2013, 04:16 PM
Reach EGO Rating 4000 to unlock EGO master title and some very respectable Ark Predator armor. ha!.