PDA

View Full Version : The Golden Gate

Rhapsody
04-15-2013, 02:11 PM
Just outta curiosity, has anyone attempted to take down the massive tinker-toy at the Golden Gate Bridge yet? :cool:

Maelkyan
04-15-2013, 02:18 PM
Yep, every one who as done the main mission, with Torc and Cooper............. So do yours... ^^

Leummas
04-15-2013, 02:19 PM
Only can be done through main missions.

Darnalak
04-15-2013, 02:24 PM
2 choices: Make friends, or y'know, grease spot.

demonichatered
04-15-2013, 02:25 PM
before i found out he was a mission specific creation i tried to take him out... a friend and i died abotu 3 times trying to take him out

Rhapsody
04-15-2013, 02:26 PM
Yep, every one who as done the main mission, with Torc and Cooper............. So do yours... ^^

kinda figured he was a mission thing (and i am working my way threw them).. but then.. also figured if a large enough group gathered....... *shrugs* ya never know heh.

CommissarPT
04-15-2013, 02:37 PM
Funny how they use it in the trailer and show lots of players heading that way, like it was a big fight or something, and then we think its some sort of big group battle and that this game has world bosses like that and then are presented with the cruel and lame reality that its a cutscene only lame battle....

when i saw it i was very happy but noticed that once i got close i was 1 shotted.... then saw some players moving through him like he wasnt there... cheap "you shall not pass" trick if u ask me... :p

Blak
04-15-2013, 03:07 PM
As people have stated it is related to the main story. After you decide to push down into San Fran you will bump into this guy and have to battle against him.

The issue I have atm is that this super cool robot model is only used twice in the game currently.

1) Main story leading into San Fran
2) Main story when taking over a Dark Matter outpost.

It is a bummer we don't have Ark Fall battles with Dark Matter that have these robots as the final boss wave.

I can only assume future DLC will bring these bad boys into our daily combat routine, atm Dark Matter is my favorite NPC to battle against.:D

Rhapsody
04-15-2013, 07:23 PM
As people have stated it is related to the main story. After you decide to push down into San Fran you will bump into this guy and have to battle against him.

The issue I have atm is that this super cool robot model is only used twice in the game currently.

1) Main story leading into San Fran
2) Main story when taking over a Dark Matter outpost.

It is a bummer we don't have Ark Fall battles with Dark Matter that have these robots as the final boss wave.

I can only assume future DLC will bring these bad boys into our daily combat routine, atm Dark Matter is my favorite NPC to battle against.:D

Well.. we could 'hope' that he is just a 'test-bed' and that later on we WILL have large 'raid-style' battles against armies of NPC with them as a 'boss' that is NOT a cutscene.

He could just be there as he is now to test how it works, to make sure it works properly. (as well as doubling as a restriction to those who haven't done the storyline yet from gaining access to higher content)

Personally, my biggest gripes (there's 2 of them, which i'll put in my own separate post in the feedback threads) are:
1) Female Character creation for Humans.... it seems like they use the Voltan model and just changed the nose on it... all the females, no matter what you do, end up looking 40+ years old.
2) No Fall damage.... umm i know this is futuristic.. and Earth's been Terraformed.... but i seriously doubt the GRAVITY has been changed to the point were you can jump off a 90ft drop and not even lose 1 hp... Sorta breaks the immersion.