PDA

View Full Version : Umm.. What?

Soma_Ras
04-15-2013, 02:29 PM
So here I am, standing around doing absolutely nothing when out of nowhere I complete the "Wanted: Contract Killer" pursuit which is from the new Episode pursuits just added today, but mind you, I haven't killed a single giant enemy since the downtime.
Though I was thinking the giant kills I've gotten prior to the pursuits being added was the reason why it was completed, but I'm not entirely sure.

ewen1972
04-15-2013, 04:39 PM
Now I might be wrong with this but I was told if you're a member of a clan and are in the area you get experience even if you're not taking part, so maybe that goes for contracts as well? But as I said I could just be talking out of my arse, and it wouldn't be the first time either :-D

Kilzen
04-15-2013, 04:44 PM
Now I might be wrong with this but I was told if you're a member of a clan and are in the area you get experience even if you're not taking part, so maybe that goes for contracts as well? But as I said I could just be talking out of my arse, and it wouldn't be the first time either :-D

One thing that I have noticed on the pursuits and with the daily's is that if you are in the area, you get credit. Same goes for ark falls.

Soma_Ras
04-15-2013, 07:33 PM

Haha, you're correct, but the time I got it completed I was actually the only person on in my clan because I logged in shortly after downtime.

EmoPyroNecrosis
04-15-2013, 11:53 PM
Haha, you're correct, but the time I got it completed I was actually the only person on in my clan because I logged in shortly after downtime.

First off, Contract Killer is competative... 100 kills, so it's instance related.. that said when I was in a shadow war zone((Not competing)) and killed a raider, it counted as a kill, I then left the zone. as I wanna get it legitimately. The issue is, the patch which is apparently comming out tomarrow for PC/Xbox fixes a lot of issues with contracts, PS3 won't see it till... well "ASAP" I tire of companys giving late patches to PS3, without stating why, leaving gamers doing a guessing game on it.

Is it the cell system making it hard to patch it? Was it PSN's maintenance, if so why didn't PS3 inform Trion ahead of time, if they did why didn't Trion then prioritize PS3's patch to try and release it before maintenance was going on? Or is Trion simply lazy when it comes to patching the PS3 version?

It's not new to find out developing any game for PS3 is more difficult then PC/Xbox360, this doesn't excuse slower patch releases anymore though, due to the simple fact PS3 is 5 years old. Some time I'd like to see a developer say on release for a patch/DLC the real reason, instead of saying "ASAP" or "Coming soon after" instead just state the real reason, most gamers would understand, and the ones that don't at least have an honest reason to be mad. Instead of a reason that proves false in the end.