PDA

View Full Version : lets discuss patience for a second

Ichidakiller
04-15-2013, 02:39 PM
Remember when people had patience?

Today's society has become a mass of "I want it now and because I want it means who ever isn't giving it to me is wrong"
We have become a society of instant gratification dependent people.
Game doesn't give people super item in the first 10levels people flood the forums whining.
Game doesn't patch when they want it to again flood the forums.
Oil change takes longer then 20min make a complaint about how long it took.
Burrito takes longer then 1min in a microwave stand there watch the timer tick down taping your feet.
There's 3people ahead of you in the express lane at the grocery store, look at your watch impatiently.

When did this happen. When did society become this whiny child who throws a fit when they dont get their way.
Or something takes longer then why they have in their mind. People have lost the ability to see anything from someone else view point. Have no idea how hard it is to debug code, make new content or even update the fans about an ETA of something because they simply dont have one to give you.

1. Yes you are the customer, but that doesn't give you the right to demand anything from anyone.
2. People dont owe you anything other then the product you paid for. You have your game that's all they owe you.
3. They will patch it when they can, I doubt they are sitting back saying hey lets make them wait for this patch.
4. Just because one company does something on way and it works in their game doesn't mean it fits or belongs in this game. I bet if this game came out with all these WOW inspired ideas everyone seems to have about how this game should be these very same people would be on these forums saying "It's wow with gun and a SciFi setting" "wow rip off"

Learn to appreciate each game for its merits, this game has alot of them I won't lie and say there are no flaws but for what this game is its amazing.
Learn to be patient and wait, they will update the game, they will let the community know what's going on when they have something to tell us.

In short grow up and act like a decent human being and not some 6yr old throwing a fit because you didn't get your way.

fishboy11
04-15-2013, 02:40 PM
todays society has been a mass of people telling others how they should act and behave and believing they have the right to do so.

Cutlass Jack
04-15-2013, 02:41 PM
I didn't have enough patience to read this.

Remag Div
04-15-2013, 02:43 PM
^ tl;dr
I got as far as have

kirbs562
04-15-2013, 02:43 PM
Customer is always right. When you pay money for something, you have the right to complain. My 2 cents.

Shismar
04-15-2013, 02:44 PM
Patience? Nice girl I met was named that. She could not get rid of her clothes fast enough ;)

Dinova
04-15-2013, 02:46 PM
Remember when people had patience?
Yeah, i remember back in Windows 3.1 it was so fun to play. Specialy because u could cheat with 3 cards-dealing :D

Golladan
04-15-2013, 02:46 PM
Why are we discussing a previous LOTRO community rep?

Jay
04-15-2013, 02:47 PM
someone needs to make the video for this poist so I can watch it

Shada Mori
04-15-2013, 02:49 PM
What always gets me and gives me a little giggle... every MMO goes through this at launch.. all of them did. I've been playing them from launch since EQ1 (I played UO before that but not at launch) ... I remember growing pains in the lot, yet people are still surprised by it? It vexes me a bit... I mean if the launch problems bothered me I'd think to myself I'm gonna start waiting a month after the game launches before I pick it up. But no .. people who are upset by it keep rushing in like lemmings to the games and end up repeatedly butt hurt.

Nightsky
04-15-2013, 02:51 PM
way tldr. I go hard.

TigrisMorte
04-15-2013, 03:17 PM
"Customer is always right"...
That is a lie. Any business which adheres to that tenet of bad salesmanship will tell you what you want to hear, not what you need to hear, regardless of consequences. You should take your patronage to a business that has enough respect for you to tell you the truth.

Kuldred
04-15-2013, 03:24 PM
Customer is always right. When you pay money for something, you have the right to complain. My 2 cents.

You always have the right to complain, just don't make the mistake in believing any company needs to do anything about it.

An honestly, anyone that says the customer is always right hasn't spent 5 minutes working in any sort of customer service type job.

dirtyklingon
04-15-2013, 03:27 PM
thanks mom for telling us this!

Spanky Wood
04-15-2013, 03:31 PM
Patience? Nice girl I met was named that. She could not get rid of her clothes fast enough ;)

Little Darlings?

kirbs562
04-15-2013, 04:07 PM
You always have the right to complain, just don't make the mistake in believing any company needs to do anything about it.

An honestly, anyone that says the customer is always right hasn't spent 5 minutes working in any sort of customer service type job.

I agree a company does not have to do anything about it, but when profit is on the line I am sure it is in their best interest to do something. I am not saying they are not already fixing the issues. My point was simply that as consumers we have the right to complain.

Just adding that i am NOT one of the complainers. I am simply defending a person's right to complain. :D

Ichidakiller
04-15-2013, 04:59 PM
Not once did I say a person can't complain but these post that ask for a Dec reply, demanding they do something about this or that or I'm quiting etc etc.

Look at the first page 5-7posts about a patch and page after page of people demanding a dev to say if the patch is or isn't coming. Within 2weeks of launch having a patch this big to fix issues to this scale on a console esp Xbox is a feat in itself. I give the Trion a bit of respect for pushing a patch of this scale through Microsoft so fast.

These super whiny ones that make 5posts a day about this or that....really would not one single post with your complaints about the game. Do you need to assault every person with their constant moaning. Really isn't needed or necessary. Demanding someone from the company respond to your post is ridiculous. They have a support page im sorry if you didn't like their reply but that's all your going to get for now sorry. Deal with it.

Just because your a customer,doesn't give you the right to demand anything. You can say your two cents and leave it at that.

You know what people in the service industry say its not the customer is always right. Its the customer is always a ****** bag

Crunchyblack
04-15-2013, 05:00 PM
instant gratification generation.

blame technology, parents, and schools.

fishboy11
04-15-2013, 05:01 PM
society changes, deal with it.

Technodude
04-15-2013, 05:03 PM
What about todays a** kissing generation which loves to be slapped around only because they are addicted to video games?

UglyCoyote
04-15-2013, 05:26 PM
normally i would agree with you in most of the points BUT

i watched the gaming industry for more then 20 years now... and the trend the last 5 years what customer service, product quality, product pricing and so on features is simply said more then negative...

- it s normal for a new game to have no decent quality and bug issues at launch...
- it s normal for a realese date for mmo s that there will be massive connection server based issues or long waiting lines...
- it s normal that the customer support did not respond timely or exactly for the questions or issues you wanted them have resolved ...
- it s normal that games are getting more and more expensive and more money is made with dlc content which originally was meant to be in the main game
- it s normal that companys JUST TAKE YOUR MONEY and did not give a damm what ppl have to say their forum or support mails ...
- it s normal that they didn t give a damm because they know if they already have your money you won t request it back mostly

normal doesnt mean i must like it or i cant deal with it ... you as customer have many options: complain at gaming magazins sites - dont buy any other game from a company which did the above - request your money back to make them see they cant do everything - use Twitter and facebook for complaints and so on... but as long as we all behave like lamps waiting to get slaugthered only whining in forums means nothing will happen except the conditions get worse (less support because its expensive) less fast updates because its also expensive to hire enough programmer after a release who work night and day on fast updates...

Hardlight
04-15-2013, 06:14 PM
^ tl;dr
I got as far as have

Actually googled that to find out what it means. :p

ironhands
04-15-2013, 06:31 PM
patience?

http://gobangdigital.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/3rtad5-300x196.jpg