PDA

View Full Version : How to spend spare EGO points?

LKobasko
04-15-2013, 03:43 PM
Been playing for a while, just finished the main missions and defeated Nim.

But I've got 21 EGO points cause I've only spent around 14 cause I didn't need to get more than 5 perks, so what's people's opinions on what to get or work towards getting?

Thanks in advance!

Defy
04-15-2013, 03:48 PM
whats your current loadout?

Ikagawa
04-15-2013, 03:50 PM
Get the other powers. Get relevant perks. Use more than one loadout for different set ups.

CitanXbox
04-15-2013, 03:50 PM
Experiment, switch up your perks.. Get perks you will or might use in the future, get perks for other loadouts for other play styles.

LKobasko
04-15-2013, 03:53 PM
Always rocking LMG and pump shotgun, not on at the minute so can't give specifics sorry

Dist0rt3d Hum0r
04-15-2013, 03:53 PM
Get the other powers. Get relevant perks. Use more than one loadout for different set ups.

This^

I currently use all four of my available loadouts for specific situations.

Jack Johnson
04-15-2013, 03:54 PM
TBQH, I'm sitting on 30 EGO points myself. Even though I have a PvE and PvP build, they're so similar it is only the difference of a couple perks, not enough to burn through those ego points. I don't really care to ever respec again if I learn that X perk is good and that I was foolish for not taking it, so I've been keeping those points in reserve just in case (Even though that's enough to fully upgrade 10 perks).

Archangel
04-15-2013, 03:57 PM
im upgrading my core Ego skills so they are 5/5.

Then any perks i find myself always using making sure they are all 3/3

LKobasko
04-15-2013, 03:57 PM
I guess it brings me to another question then, what sort of load outs do people use? I have an LMG/shotgun one and BGM/infector one but don't know what perks work best with each things...

DeMoted
04-15-2013, 04:00 PM
I just start filling up perks. I always keep 3 just in case I want something and don't have it fully upgraded. Other then that I just keep putting in points into random perks. It goes toward your pursuit, not putting them in doesn't so why not do it.

Bornhald
04-15-2013, 04:02 PM
Branch out to all the different EGO powers, and subsequently max them, it puts you closer to any perks you may want, and go towards a pursuit.

LKobasko
04-15-2013, 04:05 PM
I understand people mentioning the pursuits, but spending them or not I still have them to get the perks/powers sooner or later, just thought people might have opinions in which ones work better with different guns/loadouts.

AgentMytho
04-15-2013, 04:06 PM
Try differnt builds with various weapons/perk combos.
I tried explosions with all the explosion perks near overcharge.
I'm working on an overcharge infinity build using rapid reload perks + ego recharge on reload perks with sawed off shotguns.
Next I'm going to look into a shield recharge build, to take advantage of those 1700 point rhino shields that normally take forever to recharge. Although at this point i'm not sure if I'll go sniper or melee.

Dist0rt3d Hum0r
04-15-2013, 04:11 PM
I understand people mentioning the pursuits, but spending them or not I still have them to get the perks/powers sooner or later, just thought people might have opinions in which ones work better with different guns/loadouts..

Quoted from another thread that I just posted in, here's a nice shotty class for PvP or PvE. I can look up the related perks after I get home if you're interested in trying it.

I personally use only Votan/VOT weapons. The Nano Fragger, Auto Fragger, and Grind Fragger are among my favorite shotguns. I used all the FRC, EMC, and whatnot in the beta so I thought i'd give these guys a go. Fell in love instantly. My PvP class currently uses a Nano Fragger with Radiation (the booger bullets :p) and a VOT Fragger (two shot burst) with siphon. Power is cloak. He's built to be a tank with perks that reduce damage by half when shield breaks, when shield recharges, when shot in the back, reduces enemy explosive range by 45%, extra damage when shooting while cloaked, and reduced damage over all (cellular armor). Has a 1723capacity shield with 25% health regen/second. If my Nano Fragger can't do the job then the VOT Fragger finishes and helps with crowd control, considering that siphon seems to hit for every other shot consistantly.

I use this class outside of PvP too and rarely have to cloak. You can take so much damage its ridiculous. Don't let anyone tell you that you can't make a shotgun based class, because I just did. :p

Try differnt builds with various weapons/perk combos.
I tried explosions with all the explosion perks near overcharge.
I'm working on an overcharge infinity build using rapid reload perks + ego recharge on reload perks with sawed off shotguns.
Next I'm going to look into a shield recharge build, to take advantage of those 1700 point rhino shields that normally take forever to recharge. Although at this point i'm not sure if I'll go sniper or melee.

Cloak might be a good choice to go with those, since it is shield recharge on demand.

Insanityplea
04-15-2013, 04:25 PM
There are a lot of perks that work for different things and different powers. One build I am working towards is ego power regen/duration. There are two perks for each individual power (+Duration/-Cooldown) and then three perks that give +duration/-cooldown based on dealing damage/killing targets that I would also like to try out.

Killing Spree / Bloodlust / Energy Leech

I know some people use Overcharge reload with LMGs on both weapon slots just to level to gun faster also with the Preparedness for stowed weapon reload.

The run speed perks based on shield empty/shield full are also good perks. Escape Artist and Displacement Field.

People also use the defensive perks such as Regeneration, Fortitude, Cellar Armor, Thick Skinned and probably some others iunno.

Cloakers like Shadowed Strike for the +cloaked dmg

Just try builds with different guns until you find something you like.

LKobasko
04-15-2013, 04:26 PM
Quoted from another thread that I just posted in, here's a nice shotty class for PvP or PvE. I can look up the related perks after I get home if you're interested in trying it.

Yeah sure, always enjoy the help and advice!

LKobasko
04-15-2013, 04:29 PM
There are a lot of perks that work for different things and different powers. One build I am working towards is ego power regen/duration. There are two perks for each individual power (+Duration/-Cooldown) and then three perks that give +duration/-cooldown based on dealing damage/killing targets that I would also like to try out.

Killing Spree / Bloodlust / Energy Leech

I know some people use Overcharge reload with LMGs on both weapon slots just to level to gun faster also with the Preparedness for stowed weapon reload.

The run speed perks based on shield empty/shield full are also good perks. Escape Artist and Displacement Field.

People also use the defensive perks such as Regeneration, Fortitude, Cellar Armor, Thick Skinned and probably some others iunno.

Cloakers like Shadowed Strike for the +cloaked dmg

Just try builds with different guns until you find something you like.

Thanks that's pretty detailed, I'll give some of them ago.

Tango80
04-15-2013, 04:33 PM
Do what you want to do but spend those perk points. It doesn't matter too much because if you don't like how you put those points into said perks you can spend the script and respec those points into another set of perks.

So if you went overcharge and a bunch of perks that might go with overcharge and decided that overcharge wasn't to your liking respec and put it into blur, cloak or decoy. This game doesn't force you into anything but there are some perks that too me will always be in my loadouts.

1. Regeneration
2. Cellular Armor
3. Prepared (however this might be removed if i decide to pvp)

Those two will probably never be removed the third one is for pve only. Haven't decided a pvp loadout and besides eventually you can unlock every perk but thats going to take quite a while.