PDA

View Full Version : Favorite EGO Power and Why?

Chio Raver
03-13-2013, 08:55 PM
I'm not sure if someone made this thread yet because im a little to lazy to check :p
Anyways my favorite is a mix between Cloak and Overcharge Both appeal to my sniping One Shot One Kill method.

TopGun
03-13-2013, 09:02 PM
Blurr would be my least favorite for the fact that it's mostly a close range type ego power...(shotgun to the face) I like to fight from a distance, so close range warfare is not my type of play style. Now overcharge with cloak seems to be the best as with sniping and and just medium range shooting is most effective:) gotta have overcharge for extra stopping power:)

Chio Raver
03-13-2013, 09:05 PM
Blurr would be my least favorite for the fact that it's mostly a close range type ego power...(shotgun to the face) I like to fight from a distance, so close range warfare is not my type of play style. Now overcharge with cloak seems to be the best as with sniping and and just medium range shooting is most effective:) gotta have overcharge for extra stopping power:)
Decoy doesn't seem like a bad choice for shotgun users. Especially with groups of enemies that are close together. use decoy shoot them while there distracted then (assuming Decoy is maxed out) before you decoy goes away teleport to were it's at and give them one last shot to the face then throw a grenade and haul A** to cover. :cool:

Foxhop
03-13-2013, 09:16 PM
Cloak all the way.
Snipe and stealth. Sure, the one shot one kill deal is fun, but what adds to it is being able to toy with the enemy and what better way than to take them out, one by one, without them having the slightest idea where I am. ;)

Desidus
03-13-2013, 09:19 PM
I'm goign healer so I can save your guys butts... so decoy for me obviously.

Paladin
03-13-2013, 09:20 PM
I'm not sure if someone made this thread yet because im a little to lazy to check :p
Anyways my favorite is a mix between Cloak and Overcharge Both appeal to my sniping One Shot One Kill method.

STAHP Stahp with this thread subject already! This isn't targeted at OP but EVERYDAY I see this thread!

Mur
Cloak all the way.
Snipe and stealth. Sure, the one shot one kill deal is fun, but what adds to it is being able to toy with the enemy and what better way than to take them out, one by one, without them having the slightest idea where I am. ;)

Cloak by far, followed by blur.

0_d4RK_FaLLen
Not sure yet but probably start with Decoy then once unlock rest will be switching to keep it fresh.

Daymarr
03-13-2013, 09:52 PM
Blur because if you're not moving, you're losing!

Plus nothing beats melee-ing a person and watching their dead body fly :cool:

Chio Raver
03-14-2013, 09:38 AM
STAHP Stahp with this thread subject already! This isn't targeted at OP but EVERYDAY I see this thread!
Lol sorry :eek:

Askari
03-14-2013, 09:40 AM
Decoy. why? because tricking my enemies is very effective and very funny. and if they don't fall for it i can just switch places and get them from behind.

Desidus
03-14-2013, 09:40 AM
Lol sorry :eek:

lol Paladin has been here for a long time and people have been around for a bit get annoyed with seeing the same things over and over again.. I will probably snap at the next one, but I already took my rage out at the rediculousness of other posts already. lol.

Thee Apothecary
03-14-2013, 09:41 AM
i plan on starting overcharge to help me at low levels and working my way around my perks and down to blur, overcharge seems like a good low level ability if it isnt upgraded and gives a nice boost, where blur seems useful in terms of as a medic being able to dash up to someone revive and get the hell out of there or just run around and enemy shooting at them

Paladin
03-14-2013, 09:41 AM
lol Paladin has been here for a long time and people have been around for a bit get annoyed with seeing the same things over and over again.. I will probably snap at the next one, but I already took my rage out at the rediculousness of other posts already. lol.

You forgot the THESAURUS

Kantazo
03-14-2013, 09:42 AM
When all are hiding I will be using my overcharge to clear the way.

Desidus
03-14-2013, 09:42 AM
You forgot the THESAURUS

lol sorry *hits Paladin with the thesaurus* thats the second time today I have needed reminding.. WHATS WRONG WITH ME?!

Desidus
03-14-2013, 09:44 AM
When all are hiding I will be using my overcharge to clear the way.

Im not hiding.. Im distracting, expecially after you get your butt shot to hell...bug.

Renegade Snarf
03-14-2013, 09:46 AM
I will be going with decoy i believe for PVE and would like to try cloak for PVP; does it cost money to respec? or can you respec as many times as you want?

Desidus
03-14-2013, 09:48 AM
I will be going with decoy i believe for PVE and would like to try cloak for PVP; does it cost money to respec? or can you respec as many times as you want?

PvP has its own setup entirely apparently... no idea how it works for weapons but I would imagine the grid would lvl up independantly of the ingame grid.

pricey007
03-14-2013, 09:53 AM
Cloak all the way.

This if you want to spend time playing solo too. The landscape lends itself well to playing as the outcast 'Fallout' style loner. It's ok to be selfish :-)

Desidus
03-14-2013, 09:56 AM
This if you want to spend time playing solo too. The landscape lends itself well to playing as the outcast 'Fallout' style loner. It's ok to be selfish :-)

With all the people around I think you will be sorely dissapointed if this is what you expect... maybe later in the game you could make this happen, but with a sniper (a typically slower and more methodical class) I can't imagine you breaking away from the pack much in the beginning.

Paladin
03-14-2013, 09:57 AM
With all the people around I think you will be sorely dissapointed if this is what you expect... maybe later in the game you could make this happen, but with a sniper (a typically slower and more methodical class) I can't imagine you breaking away from the pack much in the beginning.
This, you will need a tank...like me to save you if you break away.

pricey007
03-14-2013, 10:01 AM

That's true enough. Guess the first few weeks will be lots of experimenting with all levelling options to find a best fit. I'll have probably changed my mind several times by then! :-) I'm just hoping it'll be a competitive but fair community with minimal griefing.

kirix
03-14-2013, 10:02 AM
cloak.

spray n pray and cloak if its still alive.

ill most likely be using assult rifle / shotgun as my first load out

assult rifle / rocket launcher second

assult rifle / sniper rifle third

and other builds that include an assult rifle. lovely weapons to use

pricey007
03-14-2013, 10:02 AM
This, you will need a tank...like me to save you if you break away.

Well if you see me running round like a headless chicken then try to lend a hand and knock some sense into me. Sometimes I try to run before I can walk lol

Myll_Erik
03-14-2013, 10:14 AM
All depends on your play-style - but I find Cloak to be fun and effective for me.

Paladin
03-14-2013, 10:16 AM
All depends on your play-style - but I find Cloak to be fun and effective for me.

You and the majority Erik.
Decoy seems the most left out, I can't wait to use it:D

P0tshot
03-14-2013, 10:17 AM
I think overcharge for myself. They do say the best defence is a strong super overcharged shot to the face. Heavy armour, massive gun, not clever but a lot of fun!

Azreal
03-14-2013, 10:19 AM
Im going overcharge for extra damage and a possible boost to heals. And going to work my way across the grid to the left to grab some nice heal/tanking perks.

Daymarr
03-14-2013, 10:20 AM
Judging by the thread, i'm most likely going to have to use Blur with perks suited to counter all these cloaked snipers during PvP :eek:

Paladin
03-14-2013, 10:20 AM
I think overcharge for myself. They do say the best defence is a strong super overcharged shot to the face. Heavy armour, massive gun, not clever but a lot of fun!

You S.O.B you just made an amazing rhyme out of my Motto! Thank you!

Dunnomatic
03-14-2013, 10:54 AM
As I have not played the beta I am not painting myself into a corner as all of them look fun. The blur and decoy are probably the first ones I will try as they look like they lend themselves to my style of play most. I loved decoy in Halo and as someone already mentioned blur with being a medic in mind could be damn useful.

Chio Raver
03-14-2013, 11:26 PM
well good to know im safe for now lol

Defy
03-14-2013, 11:27 PM
Cloak, stealth is cool :)

Chio Raver
03-14-2013, 11:28 PM
lol sorry *hits Paladin with the thesaurus* thats the second time today I have needed reminding.. WHATS WRONG WITH ME?!
*creates banner of Desidus hitting Paladin with a thesaurus*
probably going to turn into a double post but ill risk lol.

Desidus
03-14-2013, 11:29 PM
well good to know im safe for now lol

LOL you should be safe for awhile since they seperated the haters things seemed to have calmed down around the forums... *happy sigh*

Desidus
03-14-2013, 11:29 PM
Cloak, stealth is cool :)

Yes it is.. If it worked better for reviving I would probably use it. lol.

Desidus
03-14-2013, 11:30 PM
*creates banner of Desidus hitting Paladin with a thesaurus*
probably going to turn into a double post but ill risk lol.

lol I would totally make that my signature if that were true. lol.

Chio Raver
03-14-2013, 11:33 PM
lol I would totally make that my signature if that were true. lol.

Lol im going to make it. it's going to be horrible but i think it can pass

ZombieTech
03-14-2013, 11:33 PM
My favorite EGO power is the ability to love myself more than anybody else on the face of the planet. Oh wait... we're talking about a different kind of "ego" aren't we?
http://static.zoovy.com/img/gkworld/W355-H497-Bffffff/I/item26755bp_jpg.jpg
*Slowly tip-toes back out of the room*

Chio Raver
03-14-2013, 11:34 PM
LOL you should be safe for awhile since they seperated the haters things seemed to have calmed down around the forums... *happy sigh*

Oh man if you look at the community page where it announced the beta my name pops up like 10 diffrent times lol. The Anger from the Xbox Community was ridiculous =_=

Desidus
03-14-2013, 11:35 PM
Sounds appropriately you Zombie. lol.

Chio Raver
03-14-2013, 11:35 PM
My favorite EGO power is the ability to love myself more than anybody else on the face of the planet. Oh wait... we're talking about a different kind of "ego" aren't we?

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/026/f/3/snagglepuss_by_bennythebeast-d4nomxk.png

*Slowly tip-toes back out of the room*

You shall die from corning fibers glass insulation :cool:

Desidus
03-14-2013, 11:36 PM
Oh man if you look at the community page where it announced the beta my name pops up like 10 diffrent times lol. The Anger from the Xbox Community was ridiculous =_=

Yeah whatever ctrain came up like 400000 times so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Chio Raver
03-15-2013, 12:23 AM
yes it is.. If it worked better for reviving i would probably use it. Lol.
banner created!

Desidus
03-15-2013, 12:27 AM
banner created!

ROFL thats funny but ugly as all hell... do I really have to use that?

Chio Raver
03-15-2013, 12:39 AM
ROFL thats funny but ugly as all hell... do I really have to use that?
Yes yes you do. It's the first banner i ever made :P i can try to make the backround transparent atleast.

Desidus
03-15-2013, 12:50 AM
Yes yes you do. It's the first banner i ever made :P i can try to make the backround transparent atleast.

*edit* nm being dumb at 2 in the morning...

Chio Raver
03-15-2013, 01:10 AM
*edit* nm being dumb at 2 in the morning...
Lol there at least it's not all white
It's like 4 A.M here lol

ZombieTech
03-15-2013, 01:17 AM

LOL, love the sig image, it's cool. Just wish they'd allow for animated .gif's on the sig (could actually animate the thesaurus being thrown). I originally made my ZombieTech image with animated dripping blood and the background colors mildly flickering subtly, and the "red eye" having an occasional laser that would pan around like the Borg... went to upload, and came to find .gif's weren't supported, doh! :cool:

Chio Raver
03-15-2013, 01:19 AM
LOL, love the sig image, it's cool. Just wish they'd allow for animated .gif's on the sig (could actually animate the thesaurus being thrown). I originally made my ZombieTech image with animated dripping blood and the background colors mildly flickering subtly... went to upload, and came to find .gif's weren't supported, doh! :cool:
lol i have no idea how to make a .gif XD but it would have definitly made for an interesting thesaurus throw

ZombieTech
03-15-2013, 01:21 AM
lol i have no idea how to make a .gif XD but it would have definitly made for an interesting thesaurus throw

Making an animated GIF is much like making a hand-drawn flip-book. You just make the animation in frames, specify the delay between frames, and it animates. Kind of fun and addicting once you get the hang of it. Paint Shop Pro's "Animation Shop" is great! :D

Chio Raver
03-15-2013, 01:24 AM
Making an animated GIF is much like making a hand-drawn flip-book. You just make the animation in frames, specify the delay between frames, and it animates. Kind of fun and addicting once you get the hang of it. Paint Shop Pro's "Animation Shop" is great! :D

ill have to check out diffrent programs because i actually liked making this little banner

ZombieTech
03-15-2013, 01:26 AM
ill have to check out diffrent programs because i actually liked making this little banner

Indeed. Graphic-Design is worlds of fun. Bit more touchy than doing things by hand obviously with finicky mice... but if a person were to use a pen-tablet or something, it's like the ultimate canvas. A lot of graphic design tools a person can find free now... not like back in the day, where for even the most mild of image studio packages it cost about as much as a recently-launched console, hehe. :cool:

Chio Raver
03-15-2013, 01:28 AM
Indeed. Graphic-Design is worlds of fun. Bit more touchy than doing things by hand obviously with finicky mice... but if a person were to use a pen-tablet or something, it's like the ultimate canvas. A lot of graphic design tools a person can find free now... not like back in the day, where for even the most mild of image studio packages it cost about as much as a recently-launched console, hehe. :cool:
Lol ill stick with modifying pre-made images lol i am a horrible drawer.
For the sake of staying on topic and not getting this topic moved. I'm surprised the decoy's teleport ability doesn't appeal to more people?
Holy crap i just noticed you had 233 posts and you joined this month O.O i feel way behind >.>

ZombieTech
03-15-2013, 01:50 AM
Lol ill stick with modifying pre-made images lol i am a horrible drawer.
For the sake of staying on topic and not getting this topic moved. I'm surprised the decoy's teleport ability doesn't appeal to more people?
Holy crap i just noticed you had 233 posts and you joined this month O.O i feel way behind >.>

Yeah... my bad... I'm a blabber-mouth. I blame the voices. *Innocent Whistle*

For the sake of staying on topic... my favorite "ego" power is still loving myself way too much. (J/K) :cool:

Chio Raver
03-15-2013, 01:52 AM
Yeah... my bad... I'm a blabber-mouth. I blame the voices. *Innocent Whistle*

For the sake of staying on topic... my favorite "ego" power is still loving myself way too much. (J/K) :cool:
And i repeat you will die by Cornings fiber glass insulation :P :cool:

Chio Raver
03-15-2013, 03:33 PM
Bump
I'm sure more than like 10 different people have favorite ego powers come on people lets us discuss and debate our favorites!

Indure
03-15-2013, 04:48 PM
I'll most likely start with Overcharge because it seems like the most universal and general purpose for clearing content, especially bosses that seem to have ridiculously high health levels. Then, I'll branch my way to Decoy and Cloak, which seem to be great for hard content and PVP. Decoy in particular seems like it can be abuse pretty effectively since you can teleport to it. Imagine spawning it into a wall and then rushing into content and teleporting if anything goes badly, or in PVP if you get ganked.

Asheki
03-15-2013, 06:48 PM
Cloak, because I love myself some NSB and SPAH.

Possibly Decoy depending on its applications both in PVE and PVP ( the later requiring plenty more information then what was already provided ) As it could make for interesting mind games.

ZombieTech
03-15-2013, 06:49 PM
Bump
I'm sure more than like 10 different people have favorite ego powers come on people lets us discuss and debate our favorites!

I'll bite... I'm also fond of the "ego power" that entitles me to wear red underpants on the outside of my blue jeans and pretend I'm Superman. :cool:

(((Runs like hell)))

Chio Raver
03-15-2013, 06:54 PM
I'll bite... I'm also fond of the "ego power" that entitles me to wear red underpants on the outside of my blue jeans and pretend I'm Superman. :cool:

(((Runs like hell))) *sends a murder of crows to eat your remaining flesh* Hah!

Chio Raver
03-15-2013, 06:59 PM
I'll most likely start with Overcharge because it seems like the most universal and general purpose for clearing content, especially bosses that seem to have ridiculously high health levels. Then, I'll branch my way to Decoy and Cloak, which seem to be great for hard content and PVP. Decoy in particular seems like it can be abuse pretty effectively since you can teleport to it. Imagine spawning it into a wall and then rushing into content and teleporting if anything goes badly, or in PVP if you get ganked.
Oh god Ganking it reminds me of dark souls all over again :D/ D:

Desidus
So did we find any codes since last I was on?

whoops wrong thread.. ummm so how about them egos...

LEGO MY EGO!

ZombieTech
*sends a murder of crows to eat your remaining flesh* Hah!

*Whistles the tune to "if I only had a brain" as the rest of him topples to the ground like post-collision Humpty Dumpty* :D

ZombieTech
So did we find any codes since last I was on?

Not that I'm aware, last tally is up to 79.

Desidus
03-15-2013, 07:01 PM
Not that I'm aware, last tally is up to 79.

I edit that post.. I thought I was on the code thread. lol.

Chio Raver
03-15-2013, 07:30 PM
I edit that post.. I thought I was on the code thread. lol.
It's ok Desidus i know you like beings on my threads :P

Desidus
03-15-2013, 07:34 PM
It's ok Desidus i know you like beings on my threads :P

I think its pretty obvious I like being on every thread. lol

Chio Raver
03-15-2013, 08:06 PM

Lol I made two more banners since last night. dang you desidus and getting me to do things >.>
Safety to keep the thread here. Anyone think overcharge is useful for a pistol?

Asheki
03-15-2013, 08:12 PM
Technically overcharge would be useful for every gun, as it increases every gun's power. What does change whether its a smart choice or not is how much pistol damage varies from other guns, and whether or not a proper application of overcharge on a pistol can be made at the time of use.

ZombieTech
03-15-2013, 08:16 PM

Copy-cat! :cool:

(Meaning in your avatar pic, I take it you'd be the one on the left...)

Desidus
03-15-2013, 08:18 PM
Copy-cat! :cool:

(Meaning in your avatar pic, I take it you'd be the one on the left...)

Nope I would be Calvin for sure... lol.

Desidus
03-15-2013, 08:19 PM
Technically overcharge would be useful for every gun, as it increases every gun's power. What does change whether its a smart choice or not is how much pistol damage varies from other guns, and whether or not a proper application of overcharge on a pistol can be made at the time of use.

I saw a video with a guy using a pistol if your good at headshots its pretty amazing...

Chio Raver
03-15-2013, 08:23 PM
I saw a video with a guy using a pistol if your good at headshots its pretty amazing...

I like the way it sound ;)

Asheki
03-15-2013, 08:24 PM

Which is part of the 'its useful for any gun'. There's really no reason to not spam overcharge whenever you're able to from what we've been told so far... simply because it gives a percentile increment to all your shots which makes killing things easier.

But the point is... let's say a shotgun and a pistol...

A shotgun will obviously have a much higher damage then a pistol, especially when in close range. That is the basis of a shotgun afterall. So if you consider whether to use a pistol or a shotgun with your overcharge... you should probably use the shotgun to maximize the use of your power and be more effective.

But then let's say you're not dealing with close quarters, there's enemies ahead and if you just run in with your shotgun, you'll likely take a lot of damage... especially if they riddle you with bullets before you get to them.. In that case the shotgun's higher damage will lose too much from the range between you and the opponent, especially due to the fact it doesn't just shoot one slug but multiple pellets that have to hit the enemy. In that case, the Pistol will outdo the shotgun in being able to do more damage at longer range with more accuracy.

Every powers have more or less different situational variables.. In the case of Overcharge its 'what gun to use for problem B'

Chio Raver
03-15-2013, 08:29 PM
Which is part of the 'its useful for any gun'. There's really no reason to not spam overcharge whenever you're able to from what we've been told so far... simply because it gives a percentile increment to all your shots which makes killing things easier.

A shotgun will obviously have a much higher damage then a pistol, especially when in close range. That is the basis of a shotgun afterall. So if you consider whether to use a pistol or a shotgun with your overcharge... you should probably use the shotgun to maximize the use of your power and be more effective.

But then let's say you're not dealing with close quarters, there's enemies ahead and if you just run in with your shotgun, you'll likely take a lot of damage... especially if they riddle you with bullets before you get to them.. In that case the shotgun's higher damage will lose too much from the range between you and the opponent, especially due to the fact it doesn't just shoot one slug but multiple pellets that have to hit the enemy. In that case, the Pistol will outdo the shotgun in being able to do more damage at longer range with more accuracy.

Every powers have more or less different situational variables.. In the case of Overcharge its 'what gun to use for problem B'

I like the way you explain

Desidus
03-15-2013, 08:29 PM

Im using decoy because if I have to heal I don't want to be dying as I do it.. and same thing for revive... and its good for when I am almost about to die. lol. a winning combination for me... BUT I still have to test it out.

Chio Raver
03-15-2013, 08:30 PM
Im using decoy because if I have to heal I don't want to be dying as I do it.. and same thing for revive... and its good for when I am almost about to die. lol. a winning combination for me... BUT I still have to test it out.

ill probably be a cloak healer specificly for the instant shield recharge bonus and i can heal up everyone then switch to my sniper and BOOM headshot!

Paladin
03-15-2013, 08:35 PM
I don't want anyone stealing what I know so I won't post my planned build.

Chio Raver
03-15-2013, 08:41 PM
I don't want anyone stealing what I know so I won't post my planned build.
Lol it's not a planned build were just meshing ideas to keep the thread in the right area XD

Asheki
03-15-2013, 08:41 PM

Decoy is actually one of the powers I'm most intrigued about, as it is the most complex of them all.. and at the same time the least 'interesting' so to speak. And the one we know the least about.

Cloak is simple enough, people can't see you, you sneak up to them, you shoot them.

Overcharge, you do more damage.

Blur, you move fast, and deal extra damage with melee attacks.

Those are simple enough and can already define their use within both PvE and PvP.

But then you have Decoy as to where we don't exactly know exactly how it reacts to every situation because its actually pretty complex. First of all it doesn't appear to be an automatic win against enemies, especially if they're already shooting at you.. So you may still have too much aggro for them to switch over to your decoy, or it could just be a bug from the beta we've seen. There's a lot of variables involved.

But then you have to consider the fact that there's have to be a use for both PvE and PvP, and the problem comes with the PvP aspect of it... as we all know, not all players think on the level of mob AI.. In more then one case if you know that someone's using Decoy against you.. you'll look out for it. But then the problem I have with it.. is that we've seen very little in terms of decoy placement ( the skill says it will follow the path you've taken before you call it out, but in all streams so far we've only seen it being used by someone throwing it out where they were looking at. Most often while standing still ).

So then you have to wonder how you could fool average players with a decoy that wouldn't actually have a motion similar to that of one player.. For example.. if you got shot and hid behind cover, waited a bit and then fired off your decoy to blindly run in one direction ( in front of your attacker.. not even looking at him ) while you tried to run in the opposite direction.. Which side is a smart player bound to check? Even with the ability to teleport, its just a matter for the other player to turn around as there is very little confusion to be had.

And then you have other tactics that could be used, and we don't know what happens when two players on opposite sides collide, or what would happen if your decoy collided with another team's player.. and so on.

Paladin
03-15-2013, 08:45 PM
Decoy is actually one of the powers I'm most intrigued about, as it is the most complex of them all.. and at the same time the least 'interesting' so to speak. And the one we know the least about.

Cloak is simple enough, people can't see you, you sneak up to them, you shoot them.

Those are simple enough and can already define their use within both PvE and PvP.

But then you have Decoy as to where we don't exactly know exactly how it reacts to every situation because its actually pretty complex. First of all it doesn't appear to be an automatic win against enemies, especially if they're already shooting at you.. So you may still have too much aggro for them to switch over to your decoy, or it could just be a bug from the beta we've seen. There's a lot of variables involved.

But then you have to consider the fact that there's have to be a use for both PvE and PvP, and the problem comes with the PvP aspect of it... as we all know, not all players think on the level of mob AI.. In more then one case if you know that someone's using Decoy against you.. you'll look out for it. But then the problem I have with it.. is that we've seen very little in terms of decoy placement ( the skill says it will follow the path you've taken before you call it out, but in all streams so far we've only seen it being used by someone throwing it out where they were looking at. Most often while standing still ).

So then you have to wonder how you could fool average players with a decoy that wouldn't actually have a motion similar to that of one player.. For example.. if you got shot and hid behind cover, waited a bit and then fired off your decoy to blindly run in one direction ( in front of your attacker.. not even looking at him ) while you tried to run in the opposite direction.. Which side is a smart player bound to check? Even with the ability to teleport, its just a matter for the other player to turn around as there is very little confusion to be had.

And then you have other tactics that could be used, and we don't know what happens when two players on opposite sides collide, or what would happen if your decoy collided with another team's player.. and so on.
How is decoy uninteresting? In halo it has been my companion, we have pretty much become one. It's a skill that allows very fun troll tactics to be initiated in your daily gameplay. By allowing you to swap with not only makes it more difficult but much more powerful. You can now escape much more situations and walk into more.

Chio Raver
03-15-2013, 08:49 PM
How is decoy uninteresting? In halo it has been my companion, we have pretty much become one. It's a skill that allows very fun troll tactics to be initiated in your daily game play. By allowing you to swap with not only makes it more difficult but much more powerful. You can now escape much more situations and walk into more.
I think he means people are really drawn to it like they are with blur overcharge or cloak because they aren't thinking of the uses for it and are thinking why use a decoy when i can dissapear or overcharge my weapon or blur my way to there face and turn them into a rag doll. i'm going to use decoy probably because i like the whole telleporting idea

Asheki
03-15-2013, 08:51 PM
How is decoy uninteresting? In halo it has been my companion, we have pretty much become one. It's a skill that allows very fun troll tactics to be initiated in your daily gameplay. By allowing you to swap with not only makes it more difficult but much more powerful. You can now escape much more situations and walk into more.

Its uninteresting because there's very little info as to how it works properly in the game itself and in PvP it may appear to be much less useful then others on account of a possible lack of options to truly use its power of subterfuge against non AI enemies. Which may make most people overlook it as being useful

Paladin
03-15-2013, 09:01 PM
Its uninteresting because there's very little info as to how it works properly in the game itself and in PvP it may appear to be much less useful then others on account of a possible lack of options to truly use its power of subterfuge against non AI enemies. Which may make most people overlook it as being useful

I like the fact that many will find it as being useless, it gives me a head start and more advantages when they start out laughing. As well, for PvE I'm seeing it as more of an extra health bar.

Desidus
03-15-2013, 09:04 PM

Actually from what I have seen it seems to work all the time as long as the enemy has line of sight to the decoy... this is where you see them still shooting the person that used it, the enemy doesn't see the decoy basically. (at least that is what I noticed... there may be other factors envolved as well).

Asheki
03-15-2013, 09:10 PM
I like the fact that many will find it as being useless, it gives me a head start and more advantages when they start out laughing. As well, for PvE I'm seeing it as more of an extra health bar.

Yeah, but it still doesn't change that it might not be as useful PvP wise as we initially might believe, or the opposite. Obviously some people will fall for it, but until we have more information on how its complexity might work.. We can't just say, 'this will give me an edge'.

If anything you'll have an edge in experience with using it. But if it is barely used, you'll never see much in terms of innovation of its use, and you'll never be able to really center much team focus around it if its going to be a case 'welp, once again we're the only ones with Decoy... this is kinda dull '. I'd like to face off against it as much as I would love to use it myself.

And since there's only 4 powers as of now, it would be disappointing to see the pvp side mostly lean toward simple runnan and shootan when there could be a lot more tactic to it. Not to mention that shadow wars in an open area would make decoy very... very annoying to use.

Paladin
03-15-2013, 09:13 PM
Yeah, but it still doesn't change that it might not be as useful PvP wise as we initially might believe, or the opposite. Obviously some people will fall for it, but until we have more information on how its complexity might work.. We can't just say, 'this will give me an edge'.

If anything you'll have an edge in experience with using it. But if it is barely used, you'll never see much in terms of innovation of its use, and you'll never be able to really center much team focus around it if its going to be a case 'welp, once again we're the only ones with Decoy... this is kinda dull '. I'd like to face off against it as much as I would love to use it myself.

And since there's only 4 powers as of now, it would be disappointing to see the pvp side mostly lean toward simple runnan and shootan when there could be a lot more tactic to it. Not to mention that shadow wars in an open area would make decoy very... very annoying to use.

1 word....corners, corners are a Decoy users ally and if there is a mini map then let the decoy show up not you.

Asheki
03-15-2013, 09:15 PM
1 word....corners, corners are a Decoy users ally and if there is a mini map then let the decoy show up not you.

Again, you're not assured corners, and those are very situational and only depend on player gullibility. Again, if someone knows you're a Decoy user, they'll pay close attention to your behavior and react.. A Decoy simply running ahead blindly when it has the name of a decent player on top of it won't fool anyone who's been dealing with that player if they have a modicum of sense.

Paladin
03-15-2013, 09:21 PM
Again, you're not assured corners, and those are very situational and only depend on player gullibility. Again, if someone knows you're a Decoy user, they'll pay close attention to your behavior and react.. A Decoy simply running ahead blindly when it has the name of a decent player on top of it won't fool anyone who's been dealing with that player if they have a modicum of sense.

This is true, throughout several of my matches with other players, they learn patterns in my Decoy usage. However, that's why I shift between strategies and mix between complex and simple ones. I may not know the layouts of the maps or the properties of Decoy in defiance but the fundamentals should be the same. Sure you can just spam out a clone while sitting in a corner, anyone wouldn't fall for that( after the 1st time) but with the swap they wouldn't expect the one sitting in corner to end up the decoy. As well, instead of tricking players it can be an escape option. Lets say you're walking down a sharp corner, you get the habit to always leave a decoy before the turn; around the corner is an enemy, swap the decoy, you get a head start on their location. And survive.

Asheki
03-15-2013, 09:33 PM
This is true, throughout several of my matches with other players, they learn patterns in my Decoy usage. However, that's why I shift between strategies and mix between complex and simple ones. I may not know the layouts of the maps or the properties of Decoy in defiance but the fundamentals should be the same. Sure you can just spam out a clone while sitting in a corner, anyone wouldn't fall for that( after the 1st time) but with the swap they wouldn't expect the one sitting in corner to end up the decoy. As well, instead of tricking players it can be an escape option. Lets say you're walking down a sharp corner, you get the habit to always leave a decoy before the turn; around the corner is an enemy, swap the decoy, you get a head start on their location. And survive.

Yes, but again those tend to be very situational, and until we know the fundamentals of Decoy... we can,t even say that your tricks would work. Especially if you can't use Decoy very often, or you can't exactly use one of its feature until later in its ranks. Which you have to remember that people will look for what's most useful on the spot when making their decisions.

If anything at higher levels you could very well switch between each deaths to different powers to confuse people again. But that's only later down the line, and then you have to focus on two sets of perk specialty.

Then you have the 'biggest' pvp events currently in the game... which are shadow wars.. which may never grant you much cover in the first place depending on where you're located.

Even if you can 'change tactics' there's still only so much that can be done without knowing the specifics of the power. Which compared to the other powers which provide an evident bonus in both aspects of the game.. makes it much less appealing. So until there is any more information on the details surrounding Decoy.. This ability may seem much less interesting to the general population compared to you. Especially for those who are planning to go big in PvP and might currently see little use in decoy when they could just shoot harder.

Paladin
03-15-2013, 09:36 PM
Yes, but again those tend to be very situational, and until we know the fundamentals of Decoy... we can,t even say that your tricks would work. Especially if you can't use Decoy very often, or you can't exactly use one of its feature until later in its ranks. Which you have to remember that people will look for what's most useful on the spot when making their decisions.

If anything at higher levels you could very well switch between each deaths to different powers to confuse people again. But that's only later down the line, and then you have to focus on two sets of perk specialty.

Then you have the 'biggest' pvp events currently in the game... which are shadow wars.. which may never grant you much cover in the first place depending on where you're located.

Even if you can 'change tactics' there's still only so much that can be done without knowing the specifics of the power. Which compared to the other powers which provide an evident bonus in both aspects of the game.. makes it much less appealing. So until there is any more information on the details surrounding Decoy.. This ability may seem much less interesting to the general population compared to you. Especially for those who are planning to go big in PvP and might currently see little use in decoy when they could just shoot harder.

Realistically, Decoy is the most underrated ability in any game. People underestimate the surprising amount of situations you can actually find with it. Of course though I can't say that for Defiance Decoy yet.

Chio Raver
03-15-2013, 09:43 PM
i might actually start with decoy then it seems pretty useful if you can figure out the right way but i'm more curious about the side skills i shouldv'e checked a lot more to the side skills when i played >.>

Asheki
03-15-2013, 09:46 PM
And that's why the spy is so deadly in TF2... even though people should be expecting his tactics.

Until we know more, we can't be certain it will be as efficient as other skills in pvp.. and that in itself lead people to want to opt for something which provides a more direct benefit.

Funny enough I'm loving mind games such as cloaking and decoys, I use them whenever I'm able to.. hence why I'm so curious about its uses. Because I want to develop strategies around it.. I'm pointing out that on an 'open' field basis it seems like it might not have as much to offer as one would want.

Here's an example..

You're in an open field.. dealing against one other guy. You're both aware of each others.. How does decoy help you then?
Blur makes you move faster, you can reach him more quickly and avoid his attacks better. Overcharge is simple, you just activate it and shoot at him. Cloak is slightly more difficult in that you have to be quick on your feet and avoid the opponent's attacks, but if it fire's off then you've got a free card to tackle him as you want depending on the time cloak lasts.

With decoy as I saw it being used.. The first thing I would think is use it as a shield.. it has health.. it can take bullets. But that can only take you so far depending on how much damage it can take and so on.

Now the point is... if you can make it emulation the proper direction you're following.. without having to look ahead to where you want to throw it. You could strafe let's say to the right, and release it.. but then as soon as you release it start strafing in the opposite direction in order to confuse your opponent for more dynamic combat purposes.

If you're stuck just sending it ahead where you look... it'd be horrendously hard to do something similar without looking like an idiot and wasting time. See my meaning?

Desidus
03-15-2013, 09:46 PM
i might actually start with decoy then it seems pretty useful if you can figure out the right way but i'm more curious about the side skills i shouldv'e checked a lot more to the side skills when i played >.>

Look at them all you want here to get an idea.. then in beta you can see if thats really what you want.
http://defiance-central.com/ego-calculator/

Desidus
03-15-2013, 09:47 PM
And that's why the spy is so deadly in TF2... even though people should be expecting his tactics.

Until we know more, we can't be certain it will be as efficient as other skills in pvp.. and that in itself lead people to want to opt for something which provides a more direct benefit.

Funny enough I'm loving mind games such as cloaking and decoys, I use them whenever I'm able to.. hence why I'm so curious about its uses. Because I want to develop strategies around it.. I'm pointing out that on an 'open' field basis it seems like it might not have as much to offer as one would want.

Here's an example..

You're in an open field.. dealing against one other guy. You're both aware of each others.. How does decoy help you then?
Blur makes you move faster, you can reach him more quickly and avoid his attacks better. Overcharge is simple, you just activate it and shoot at him. Cloak is slightly more difficult in that you have to be quick on your feet and avoid the opponent's attacks, but if it fire's off then you've got a free card to tackle him as you want depending on the time cloak lasts.

With decoy as I saw it being used.. The first thing I would think is use it as a shield.. it has health.. it can take bullets. But that can only take you so far depending on how much damage it can take and so on.

Now the point is... if you can make it emulation the proper direction you're following.. without having to look ahead to where you want to throw it. You could strafe let's say to the right, and release it.. but then as soon as you release it start strafing in the opposite direction in order to confuse your opponent for more dynamic combat purposes.

If you're stuck just sending it ahead where you look... it'd be horrendously hard to do something similar without looking like an idiot and wasting time. See my meaning?

Depends if he has the decoy perk that allows for uncloaking people within a certain distance as well...

Chio Raver
03-15-2013, 09:49 PM
Look at them all you want here to get an idea.. then in beta you can see if thats really what you want.
http://defiance-central.com/ego-calculator/
ooooo thanks desisdus hey des are you playing xbox, ps3 or pc?

Asheki
03-15-2013, 09:50 PM
Depends if he has the decoy perk that allows for uncloaking people within a certain distance as well...

Yes, but then we're getting into build specifics, and I'm talking perk-less powers. We have yet to be able to test out all the perks anyway as I'm sure that there's always something that helps you deal with something else. ( and taking a perk to uncloak people is usually done when you specifically will deal with cloak loving opponents / enemies ).

Desidus
03-15-2013, 09:53 PM
ooooo thanks desisdus hey des are you playing xbox, ps3 or pc?

Ps3 is where I will be.

Desidus
03-15-2013, 09:54 PM
Yes, but then we're getting into build specifics, and I'm talking perk-less powers. We have yet to be able to test out all the perks anyway as I'm sure that there's always something that helps you deal with something else. ( and taking a perk to uncloak people is usually done when you specifically will deal with cloak loving opponents / enemies ).

Yeah but with 9 perk slots I would definitely use that.. also I should mention that Lance said just the other day that at max levels you could theoritically have your powers going 100% of the time... CRAZY!!!

Chio Raver
03-15-2013, 09:55 PM
Ps3 is where I will be.

darn. So assuming that were playing in pvp games with basic equips but a max/high ego rating and points i think this decoy build might be good for pvp if you playing for kills and not revives.
http://defiance-central.com/ego-calculator/?link=2c-12e-21c-31c-41c-42c-&start=12

Chio Raver
03-15-2013, 09:57 PM
Yeah but with 9 perk slots I would definitely use that.. also I should mention that Lance said just the other day that at max levels you could theoritically have your powers going 100% of the time... CRAZY!!!

WAIT STOP THE PRESSSES we hit our 100th POST! :D now
I thought we could only have 5 side perks. we can have 9?
EDIT: i hit my 100th post too WOO! feels good :D

Paladin
darn. So assuming that were playing in pvp games with basic equips but a max/high ego rating and points i think this decoy build might be good for pvp if you playing for kills and not revives.
http://defiance-central.com/ego-calculator/?link=2c-12e-21c-31c-41c-42c-&start=12

I want to provide input but I can't because I can't have anyone know my master Decoy build which I still have to test-_-

Paladin
WAIT STOP THE PRESSSES we hit our 100th POST! :D now
I thought we could only have 5 side perks. we can have 9?

Yup 9 which I'm assuming take a lot of rating/scrip to unlock all of.

Asheki
03-15-2013, 09:58 PM

Yeah, but why always sit on a loadout with a perk meant to defeat cloak, even when you're not fighting cloaked enemies... when you could have something else that helps you with healing your team.. or helping shoot things alongside them.. And then adjust once you've found cloakers.

If there's only one guy on another team, or one enemy that has a cloaking ability.. that perk could also be somewhat wasted since you wouldn't get a lot of mileage from it.

Desidus
03-15-2013, 09:59 PM

No clue I had always assumed that you would just lvl up as you did PvP independant of your PvE xp... and weapons would be unlocked just like any PvP type game. Now that you said that though I am wondering what it will be like.

Desidus
03-15-2013, 09:59 PM
Yeah, but why always sit on a loadout with a perk meant to defeat cloak, even when you're not fighting cloaked enemies... when you could have something else that helps you with healing your team.. or helping shoot things alongside them.. And then adjust once you've found cloakers.

If there's only one guy on another team, or one enemy that has a cloaking ability.. that perk could also be somewhat wasted since you wouldn't get a lot of mileage from it.

Because by the time you realise there are cloakers its usually too late for you?

ZombieTech
03-15-2013, 10:00 PM
Lol it's not a planned build were just meshing ideas to keep the thread in the right area XD

I'm just hoping Defiance will have everything truly balanced out so it's fair/equal to go with any build. The one thing I've found that really spoils MMOs the fastest, is when people find all the "elite" and "uber" builds that become so cookie-cutter, that "everybody who's anybody" should use them regardless whether or not they match their play style or are even any fun. :p

Chio Raver
03-15-2013, 10:00 PM
Yup 9 which I'm assuming take a lot of rating/scrip to unlock all of.

yea not to mention with 150$ ultimate edition we get 1200 bits which is like a premium curency which im guessing will be very useful ^^

Asheki
03-15-2013, 10:02 PM
Because by the time you realise there are cloakers its usually too late for you?

But even with that perk, you have to actively use it against cloakers in order to be able to counter them... otherwise random usage is only based on luck, and then you've either wasted the surprise, or they've killed you before you used it.

Chio Raver
03-15-2013, 10:02 PM
I'm just hoping Defiance will have everything truly balanced out so it's fair/equal to go with any build. The one thing I've found that really spoils MMOs the fastest, is when people find all the "elite" and "uber" builds that become so cookie-cutter, that "everybody who's anybody" should use them regardless whether or not they match their play style or are even any fun. :P
I know what you mean. i play Ragnarok online private servers and people will max characters then walk and leech other players up to max level with the easy character to loot and stuff im hoping this game is always a challenge no matter the equips or level.

ZombieTech
03-15-2013, 10:04 PM
I know what you mean. i play Ragnarok online private servers and people will max characters then walk and leech other players up to max level with the easy character to loot and stuff im hoping this game is always a challenge no matter the equips or level.

Indeed, also as for the 9 perk slots, hopefully it'll be more reasonable to balance out perks. Unlike some MMOs like Secret World where you had something like 400-500 abilities you could actually learn and only 7 different abilities you could slot, lol. :D

Chio Raver
03-15-2013, 10:11 PM
Just in case people missed it im very happy about our!

http://forums.defiance.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=523&d=1363410536

Chio Raver
03-16-2013, 05:32 PM
Bump >.> i wil keep this thread alive!
what's everyones thoughts on Blur? and no not the racing game >.>

Iceman0134
03-16-2013, 05:38 PM
Bump >.> i wil keep this thread alive!
what's everyones thoughts on Blur? and no not the racing game >.>

Good to avoid enemy fire, but I like cloak because you can recharge your shields instantly and gives you time to flank unnoticed.

Sdric
03-16-2013, 05:45 PM
In my opinion Blur is quite underrated.
From my Borderlands experience such an immense speedboost is incredibly powerful.
I kinda dislike the extra melee damage though, it gives you the feeling that you're forced into close combat; I would have preferred a lower cooldown instead.

Anyways Overcharge appears to me a little bit over the top, maybe we can stop discussing if Decoy and Blur are worthwhile if it gets toned down a little bit..
That being said, we don't even know what it will be like upon the final release.
In about 3 months a competitive scene should start to grow and we'll soon now if it's not Decoy for example that's secretly overpowered as hell(bug).

Chio Raver
03-16-2013, 05:45 PM
i felt blur is a ace in hole type move. Ex. OH no im going to die!!! Wait! i have blur! * activates blur runs up while shooting guy in the face then melee's him* HAHAha you though Bullets can defeat me!?. keep in mind that's just a dramatization but yea. :cool:

Asheki
03-16-2013, 05:51 PM
You're not forced into close range battles with blur, you can do well enough by just using it to travel distances faster, or confuse enemies around terrains and corner, and get behind them faster. As well as dodging some of the more annoying projectiles like rockets and grenades with a lot more ease.

The melee is more or less an added bonus which can be pretty lethal if you favor close range weapons, and at the same time a life saver if your blur ends up getting you stuck against an enemy player if you turn a corner.

Not to mention in large open fields.. it opens a lot of options as you don't have to worry so much about not catching up with enemies, or taking too long to reach them.. And it helps you if there's no cover to be had because you can use it to facilitate getting out of enemies' line of fire.

It can also be a good tool to get between points quickly, and regroup with your allies after a scrap.

Chio Raver
03-16-2013, 08:53 PM
In my opinion Blur is quite underrated.
From my Borderlands experience such an immense speedboost is incredibly powerful.
I kinda dislike the extra melee damage though, it gives you the feeling that you're forced into close combat; I would have preferred a lower cooldown instead.

Anyways Overcharge appears to me a little bit over the top, maybe we can stop discussing if Decoy and Blur are worthwhile if it gets toned down a little bit..
That being said, we don't even know what it will be like upon the final release.
In about 3 months a competitive scene should start to grow and we'll soon now if it's not Decoy for example that's secretly overpowered as hell(bug).

You know the one thing i hate about multiplayer games. take the god of war ascension for example. Game is released everyone chooses the god ares (power skills, High Attack Etc.) for there starting allegiance. I choose Hades (stealth, Vitality) for mine. About 3 days later everyone i see uses hades because you can dissapear they have a high cooldown rate and a lot the skills/attacks involve dissapearing and syphoning health (i eventualy changed my allegiance to posiedon). My point is i Hate Hate Hate Absolutely Hate when in a multiplayer game a majority of the player are cheap gamers who take the easy root and then pretend there the best >.>
Other examples. Semi-auto snipers....If your so good why do you need a sniper that shoots so fast? you should need a bolt action to prove you worth.
Cod Noob-Tubers, hackers, and people with modded controllers. I never understood a gamers instinct to run around with undeserved glory when they just take the easy root out. Oh Wait and before i forget SPAMMERS in fighting games.
*end Rant* phew

Iceman0134
03-16-2013, 10:14 PM
You know the one thing i hate about multiplayer games. take the god of war ascension for example. Game is released everyone chooses the god ares (power skills, High Attack Etc.) for there starting allegiance. I choose Hades (stealth, Vitality) for mine. About 3 days later everyone i see uses hades because you can dissapear they have a high cooldown rate and a lot the skills/attacks involve dissapearing and syphoning health (i eventualy changed my allegiance to posiedon). My point is i Hate Hate Hate Absolutely Hate when in a multiplayer game a majority of the player are cheap gamers who take the easy root and then pretend there the best >.>
Other examples. Semi-auto snipers....If your so good why do you need a sniper that shoots so fast? you should need a bolt action to prove you worth.
Cod Noob-Tubers, hackers, and people with modded controllers. I never understood a gamers instinct to run around with undeserved glory when they just take the easy root out. Oh Wait and before i forget SPAMMERS in fighting games.
*end Rant* phew

pretty long winded... need any refreshments? lol.

ZombieTech
03-16-2013, 11:18 PM
Favorite EGO power? .....

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Lj5KP8OgZVk/R7-rRjQTRtI/AAAAAAAABSY/tafSEpEgTdk/s400/bob.gif

...why ENZYTE of course! :cool:

Chio Raver
03-17-2013, 10:28 AM
pretty long winded... need any refreshments? lol.

Ill take a glass of virility hold the sucubus and demon sludge though.

Chio Raver
03-17-2013, 10:42 AM
Favorite EGO power? .....

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Lj5KP8OgZVk/R7-rRjQTRtI/AAAAAAAABSY/tafSEpEgTdk/s400/bob.gif

...why ENZYTE of course! :cool:

Zombie you really shouldn't promote the things you use. Speaking of which whatever happened to those commercials?

JerZey CJ
03-17-2013, 12:27 PM
Zombie you really shouldn't promote the things you use. Speaking of which whatever happened to those commercials?

They finally realized they were creepy and unfunny?

Chio Raver
03-17-2013, 03:49 PM
They finally realized they were creepy and unfunny?

lol this guy :cool:

Asheki
03-17-2013, 05:16 PM
People might want to use a semi-automatic sniper to be able to take a larger group of enemies down more quickly then they could with a bolt action sniper rifle? Because a semi-auto sniper rifle might allow you to defend yourself better when the butt liquid hits the fan and you're overwhelmed by enemies?

There's many reasons even a good sniper would want to use something else then a bolt action sniper rifle.. Besides, if you're a sniper... you're not in it to prove yourself, you're there to make sure your team gets the job done and to support them. You don't have to limit yourself just to prove that you're as good as you claim, you get the tool you need for the job you're going to do.

Chio Raver
03-17-2013, 05:43 PM
People might want to use a semi-automatic sniper to be able to take a larger group of enemies down more quickly then they could with a bolt action sniper rifle? Because a semi-auto sniper rifle might allow you to defend yourself better when the butt liquid hits the fan and you're overwhelmed by enemies?

There's many reasons even a good sniper would want to use something else then a bolt action sniper rifle.. Besides, if you're a sniper... you're not in it to prove yourself, you're there to make sure your team gets the job done and to support them. You don't have to limit yourself just to prove that you're as good as you claim, you get the tool you need for the job you're going to do.
The semi auto sniper was targeted more into means of PvP where the point is to prove your self again other players as far as PvE i would use a semi-auto then like you said it's about getting the job done and helping your team.

Asheki
03-17-2013, 05:58 PM
The semi auto sniper was targeted more into means of PvP where the point is to prove your self again other players as far as PvE i would use a semi-auto then like you said it's about getting the job done and helping your team.

Not really, I don't go into PvP for the sake of proving myself, I do it just for a change of pace/to kill people. I couldn't care less for who has what score at the end. The results are the same in and out of PvP/PvE... if a semi auto sniper rifle can get a better job done in situation x, I'll use it. I don't have anything to prove, just people to kill.. or objectives to complete.

Chio Raver
03-17-2013, 06:07 PM
Not really, I don't go into PvP for the sake of proving myself, I do it just for a change of pace/to kill people. I couldn't care less for who has what score at the end. The results are the same in and out of PvP/PvE... if a semi auto sniper rifle can get a better job done in situation x, I'll use it. I don't have anything to prove, just people to kill.. or objectives to complete.

Yea i get what your saying and hopefully i'm like that with defiance and not teh way i was with my CoD phase. God was that horrible @.@

Asheki
03-17-2013, 06:21 PM
Yea i get what your saying and hopefully i'm like that with defiance and not teh way i was with my CoD phase. God was that horrible @.@

I,ll also point out that you can't ever prove anything with a sniper build anyway. Why? Because most of the population at large just hates being killed by someone who shot them from across the map.. no matter how much it was their own fault for going straight where a sniper might shoot them even though they could have been more careful.

The first thing you'll find out as a sniper.... is that most people at large don't learn from their mistakes, and once you learn about the most used routes.. you can ambush people over and over again to support your team.

In public TF2 matches, I can easily lock down a straight path and take most if not all the heat off my team ( provided they have my back as well ), and usually would nab the top score easily.. because no matter how many times I would kill them.. the opposite team would continue funneling down the same narrow and straight path. Instead of spending more time to move around and flanking.. they would rush in over and over again.. giving me easy kills as I just needed to wait for them to walk into my cross hair.. again and again and again.

And then.. they'd cry and whine about how I was using a cheap class and that I could shoot them from way over there while they couldn't... instead of realizing that I only had a very small line of sight in which I could actually kill them.. and often even made the mistake of switching to sniper themselves to 'show me up' without realizing that I'm still waiting there, defending our point.. so they're at a disadvantage.

They could have avoided this by just taking a slightly longer road around to attack our other fortifications.. but no.. it was all my fault for being a 'scrubby cheap sniper'. Its a well known fact.. people don't like being sniped.. no matter the situation/weapon.

Chio Raver
03-17-2013, 06:45 PM
I,ll also point out that you can't ever prove anything with a sniper build anyway. Why? Because most of the population at large just hates being killed by someone who shot them from across the map.. no matter how much it was their own fault for going straight where a sniper might shoot them even though they could have been more careful.

The first thing you'll find out as a sniper.... is that most people at large don't learn from their mistakes, and once you learn about the most used routes.. you can ambush people over and over again to support your team.

In public TF2 matches, I can easily lock down a straight path and take most if not all the heat off my team ( provided they have my back as well ), and usually would nab the top score easily.. because no matter how many times I would kill them.. the opposite team would continue funneling down the same narrow and straight path. Instead of spending more time to move around and flanking.. they would rush in over and over again.. giving me easy kills as I just needed to wait for them to walk into my cross hair.. again and again and again.

And then.. they'd cry and whine about how I was using a cheap class and that I could shoot them from way over there while they couldn't... instead of realizing that I only had a very small line of sight in which I could actually kill them.. and often even made the mistake of switching to sniper themselves to 'show me up' without realizing that I'm still waiting there, defending our point.. so they're at a disadvantage.

They could have avoided this by just taking a slightly longer road around to attack our other fortifications.. but no.. it was all my fault for being a 'scrubby cheap sniper'. Its a well known fact.. people don't like being sniped.. no matter the situation/weapon.
Well then looks like well be the scrubby cheap snipers then lol. i hate being sniped but it's just part of the game. I know what you mean though i never got why people don't just go around.

Moose Of Woe
03-17-2013, 06:53 PM
I'll give snipers all the credit in the world if they can headshot me as I run around like Sonic the Hedgehog. (Blur)

Desidus
03-17-2013, 06:54 PM
I'll give snipers all the credit in the world if they can headshot me as I run around like Sonic the Hedgehog. (Blur)

ROFL.. I love sonic... someone needs a video of someone doing the roll while blur is on.

Moose Of Woe
03-17-2013, 07:02 PM
I'll be running like the monster at 3:26 of this video. xD

Pv8_ga6-4xE

Desidus
03-17-2013, 07:10 PM

Pv8_ga6-4xE

Will you be as ugly as that too?

Chio Raver
03-17-2013, 07:25 PM

Pv8_ga6-4xE

Lol ill get you with my sniper. any reason why the sound isn't working?

Moose Of Woe
03-17-2013, 07:54 PM
Will you be as ugly as that too?

Far, far worse. :D

Moose Of Woe
03-17-2013, 07:54 PM
Lol ill get you with my sniper. any reason why the sound isn't working?

The sound should be working fine.

Paladin
03-17-2013, 07:56 PM
Far, far worse. :D

I will woe the day I see you run by me.

Chio Raver
03-17-2013, 08:14 PM

TWO THINGS

One: i see what you did there paladin.

Two: that video was hilarious i got my sound working again :P

Chio Raver
03-17-2013, 09:29 PM
Any powers you guys might want to be added?

Asheki
03-17-2013, 09:38 PM
Perhaps a power related to situational awareness, nabbing some sort of info from enemy players/mobs or locations. Perhaps one related to being a little more of a tank if gameplay can evolve along those lines.

Perhaps one related to placement of static objects which help the team ( buffs, turrets, and so on are interesting choices ), perhaps one related to a more healing focused build if that ever becomes a much needed thing later down the line.

Chio Raver
03-17-2013, 09:51 PM
Perhaps a power related to situational awareness, nabbing some sort of info from enemy players/mobs or locations. Perhaps one related to being a little more of a tank if gameplay can evolve along those lines.

Perhaps one related to placement of static objects which help the team ( buffs, turrets, and so on are interesting choices ), perhaps one related to a more healing focused build if that ever becomes a much needed thing later down the line.

a scanner type power i would definitly like. turret one i feel will be easily abused. as far as healer i think a BMG/decoy build is pretty good

Asheki
03-17-2013, 09:53 PM
a scanner type power i would definitly like. turret one i feel will be easily abused. as far as healer i think a BMG/decoy build is pretty good

Decoy though doesn't relate to healing itself.. and generally a healer really will only see use from it in PvE depending on how gullible mobs can get. But in PvP it doesn't serve much use for a healer who'll most likely have to focus a lot on healing their teammates depending on just how fast one can die.

Chio Raver
03-17-2013, 10:08 PM
Decoy though doesn't relate to healing itself.. and generally a healer really will only see use from it in PvE depending on how gullible mobs can get. But in PvP it doesn't serve much use for a healer who'll most likely have to focus a lot on healing their teammates depending on just how fast one can die.
Well if you look at the EGO calculator a lot of side skills are related to healing

Asheki
03-17-2013, 10:14 PM
Well if you look at the EGO calculator a lot of side skills are related to healing

Perks are, powers aren't. Could be nice to have some form of power which enables you to revive people at range, or other mechanics like a form of symbiosis and the likes. Something that could create more of a dedicated healer.. which while yes there are perks that boost it, they don't really have much of a power to assist them in both pvp and pve, unless you would count blur in order to make it to their patients faster.

There's plenty of pew pew guns, and boom boom guns.. Nothing wrong with adding something else besides the BMG =P

Chio Raver
03-17-2013, 10:20 PM
Perks are, powers aren't. Could be nice to have some form of power which enables you to revive people at range, or other mechanics like a form of symbiosis and the likes. Something that could create more of a dedicated healer.. which while yes there are perks that boost it, they don't really have much of a power to assist them in both pvp and pve, unless you would count blur in order to make it to their patients faster.

There's plenty of pew pew guns, and boom boom guns.. Nothing wrong with adding something else besides the BMG =P
I would love to see valve let Trion use the rights to TF2 Medic gun :P

Moose Of Woe
03-17-2013, 10:28 PM
I would love to see valve let Trion use the rights to TF2 Medic gun :P

If Valve gave Trion the rights to anything, I'd love to see a portal gun. xD

Paladin
03-17-2013, 10:29 PM

If Valve gave Trion the rights to anything, I'd love to see a Half life MMO.

Moose Of Woe
03-17-2013, 10:29 PM

tfslY_AvhLw

Paladin
03-17-2013, 10:30 PM
tfslY_AvhLw

God...you are ugly.

Chio Raver
03-17-2013, 10:36 PM
God...you are ugly.

LMAO that made my night lol night guys keep on topic well sort of XD BTW Moose if you go down i might revive you then trip you when you use blur :P

War5torm
03-17-2013, 10:46 PM
They all seem to have they're benefits, especially in regards to PvP. However, the computer AI are dumb, they always are lol. Therefore there is no need for tactics such as going invisible, running really fast, or confusing them with a hologram when playing PvE.

Overcharge is the only valuable ego power. Up to +30% damage increase for 10 seconds, that's insane! Not to mention the ego perks surrounding Overcharge make things even better.

But that's just my opinion :p

Moose Of Woe
03-17-2013, 11:10 PM
God...you are ugly.

Thank you.

ZombieTech
03-18-2013, 12:19 AM

They can have the medic gun... portal gun is mine! LOL! :cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOmJEaXOSRw

MacDeath
03-18-2013, 12:54 AM
The EGO powers that are right for you depends on your play style. I like to get in close and hit hard, so for me I'll want overcharge and blur.

Chio Raver
03-18-2013, 09:39 AM
The EGO powers that are right for you depends on your play style. I like to get in close and hit hard, so for me I'll want overcharge and blur.

I like to pick off my enemies and heal my teamates ill probably go BMG/Bolt or semi auto sniper

ironhands
03-18-2013, 10:14 AM
I'm goign healer so I can save your guys butts... so decoy for me obviously.

Cloak, for stealth healing, and cloaking to run away when I run into too much at once

Chio Raver
03-18-2013, 10:59 AM
Cloak, for stealth healing, and cloaking to run away when I run into too much at once
I have a feeling that's going to happend to me more often than not

Kantazo
03-18-2013, 11:01 AM
Let go my EGO, I aint sharing it

Chio Raver
03-18-2013, 05:08 PM
Let go my EGO, I aint sharing it

i give you points for trying but its already been said :P

Triazic
03-21-2013, 03:22 AM
Decoy by far. The utility of it is immense.

You can use it as a panic button because all the enemies focus on it instead of you.
It schools close range enemies because they horde towards it, allowing you to obliterate all of them with explosives.
You can use it as a distraction to revive teammates.
You can use it as a distraction to complete objectives (the automated turrets have genuinely no chance, just decoy and deactivate them).
You can use it for teleportation. Trapped behind cover? Send decoy towards other cover, snipe enemies attacking the decoy now in the open, teleport to new cover.
You can use it t find out where enemies are because they will shoot it on site if you send it into an unknown area.

Chio Raver
03-21-2013, 10:28 PM
Decoy by far. The utility of it is immense.

You can use it as a panic button because all the enemies focus on it instead of you.
It schools close range enemies because they horde towards it, allowing you to obliterate all of them with explosives.
You can use it as a distraction to revive teammates.
You can use it as a distraction to complete objectives (the automated turrets have genuinely no chance, just decoy and deactivate them).
You can use it for teleportation. Trapped behind cover? Send decoy towards other cover, snipe enemies attacking the decoy now in the open, teleport to new cover.
You can use it t find out where enemies are because they will shoot it on site if you send it into an unknown area.

AND guess what i found out? Decoy in pvp looks like a normal person to the enemy AND YOU CAN STILL TELEPORT! Lol it screws with people its so fun XD i love decoy so much

War5torm
03-21-2013, 10:33 PM
AND guess what i found out? Decoy in pvp looks like a normal person to the enemy AND YOU CAN STILL TELEPORT! Lol it screws with people its so fun XD i love decoy so much
But the decoy runs straight... Which is completely useless lol

Chio Raver
03-22-2013, 11:39 AM
But the decoy runs straight... Which is completely useless lol
Yea but......well i dont have to explain when you shoot something and dont get a kill...well by the time you realize i would have already killed you. Or teleported behind you

BlackTalons
03-22-2013, 11:48 AM
I love Overload but Blur is loads of fun. I find it hard to decide.

Myst
03-22-2013, 11:48 AM
Cloak for me, not sure I just always like blending and running away in various games. This one though they make it quite fair whereas if I get shot while it's trying to activate it won't. Which I thought was kind of nifty.

Chio Raver
03-22-2013, 11:51 AM
Definitly sticking with decoy

TheNeoReaper
03-22-2013, 11:55 AM
I thought overcharge would be OPed but boy was I wrong. I'd say there all well balanced & I have a class with each for just what the mood calls for.

mitsuko
03-22-2013, 03:33 PM
I've only been using Cloak. I dunno, Decoy is probably better but I like all the crit boosting perks around Cloak.

Chio Raver
03-22-2013, 06:31 PM
I've only been using Cloak. I dunno, Decoy is probably better but I like all the crit boosting perks around Cloak.
True considering crits are headshots and not % based

taggylegged
03-22-2013, 08:44 PM
All about the cloak! Sneaking around and smacking people in the back, and sniping without being seen. Also waiting for your shield to regen a shield when yours is running low is also a plus. Gotta love it!

Chio Raver
03-27-2013, 07:49 AM
*uses a phoenix feather on thread* As far i noticed decoy by far is my favorite i tried using another but i just love the teleporting ability in PVE and PVP it's so awesome

Khel
03-27-2013, 07:54 AM
Cloak is awesome (and gives early access to "Assassins Cache"Perk -On a critical kill, regenerate some of the ammo reserve for your current weapon).

I ended with the combo of Sniperrifle & Shotgun, and Cloak was really good to use not only offensively, but also to get some breathing space in tight situations.

Chio Raver
03-27-2013, 08:05 AM
Cloak is awesome (and gives early access to "Assassins Cache"Perk -On a critical kill, regenerate some of the ammo reserve for your current weapon).

I ended with the combo of Sniperrifle & Shotgun, and Cloak was really good to use not only offensively, but also to get some breathing space in tight situations.

right now i think im mainly assault rifle and pistol which is weird for me i'm usually the sniper. i definitely use the sniper in PvP the headshots in this game are so satisfying but decoy eve as a sniper is great in pvp you get in to a fight look to your right shoot off the decoy and people think your running to cover XD then bam! headshot.