PDA

View Full Version : Clan House and Inventory Stash

yambag021
04-15-2013, 06:54 PM
My favorite aspect of the game is that someone an ego 500 can play with a newb level 100 < and it isnt just a one shot kill fest for the higher ranked player. That being said, it would be great if there was some more clan support or options. A stash that can be shared by the clan would be fantastic. Higher level members can store old lower level weapons/grenades/shields for newer members.

Is there any talks to incorporate a guild house or some sort of stash that can be shared by clan members in the game at some point?

Thanks for the feedback.

antmeyerx
04-15-2013, 06:55 PM
This would deff be awesome, or even a stored stash a seperate inventory for mods for our guns would be nice, more then half my inv are mods im waiting to use.

Hardlight
04-15-2013, 07:25 PM
I know someone had started an idea for a clan stratocarrier that could be purchased and upgraded. But, this is something that would be pretty awesome, just having your own base of operations would be awesome, would also give more of an incentive to join up with a clan.

WASTELAND_SURVIVOR
04-15-2013, 07:29 PM
yes this idea is awsome brother!!! be real cool to have your own unique clan house or clan campground with your own clans side missions or weekly contracts to keep the clan members occupied

OutHouse
04-17-2013, 05:52 PM
Even if they charged bits. Having a strato carrier set up like an instance (coop map) with upg parts n **** that gave permanent clan boosts plus a stash. Would be dope. Clan strato carriers. Do it!

Major Nelson
04-17-2013, 05:54 PM
clan houses would be cool with upgrades that are hard to get like maybe achievwment racks and such (would cost alot of scrip to make fun and challenging)

creepsley
04-17-2013, 05:55 PM
don't think strato carriers will happen, since the last one to exist crashed, it just wouldnt be right that suddenly all clans had one. but something else a hideout or a bunker of some sort would ofc be nice

Nightlistic
04-17-2013, 05:55 PM
Think that's a brilliant idea!

Duskky
04-17-2013, 05:58 PM
Clan stash thing, if you take out a weapon from it it would be considered temporary and when you log out it is removed and placed back in the clan storage for another member to use.

PseudoCool
04-17-2013, 06:04 PM
Clan "Bases".. "Hideouts".. whatever you want to call them, have been pretty much a staple in MMO's for ages, and frankly, it's something I really hope we see in Defiance, especially with expanded storage options. And of course, make every one of them have some sort of higher requirement to obtain other than just starting a clan. I had a clan started in under 2 hours of play the day before official launch, so that storage, as much as I want it, I'm willing to make it an actual achievement.

Gemel Creed
04-17-2013, 06:45 PM
it would be nice if they could do that for every player like a house of place for each player to buy and have their own place to fast travel to and store your extra weapon mods...and clan houses as well cuz that would be freakin awesome

MashterChief117
04-17-2013, 06:48 PM
yes that would be pretty epic, a place to relax and organise my clan

MilkyWhites
04-17-2013, 06:53 PM
I fully support having a Clan base. The Strato-Carrier thing sounds cool but highly unlikely. I'd settle for a bunker. Or hell, even a shack out in the woods that only clan-mates can enter. Entering would of course take you to a separate instance, like most MMO clan housing.

My clan is currently somewhat small, but we all like to meet up at Headlands Transit before we head out. Kind of our impromptu base.

Darth Haighter
04-17-2013, 06:54 PM
my buddies and i have talked a lot about that, a clan house would be amazing...i've seen that instance in other MMO's for sure

Taaltos
04-17-2013, 06:55 PM
There was some mention of Clan Storage and more Clan Progression type things in the Raptr Q&A, I can dig it up if you'd like.

Talon Swiftshot
04-17-2013, 06:57 PM
That would be great Tal.

SaintRaze
04-17-2013, 07:00 PM
My favorite aspect of the game is that someone an ego 500 can play with a newb level 100 < and it isnt just a one shot kill fest for the higher ranked player. That being said, it would be great if there was some more clan support or options. A stash that can be shared by the clan would be fantastic. Higher level members can store old lower level weapons/grenades/shields for newer members.

Is there any talks to incorporate a guild house or some sort of stash that can be shared by clan members in the game at some point?

Thanks for the feedback.

A Clan House would make me happy as hell

Taaltos
04-17-2013, 07:12 PM
Papachi03
I actually have a number of questions to be really honest:

1. If the show was to be cancelled, say halfway through Season 1, unlikely but you never know, would the game still be supported with the projected DLC etc?

2. That leads me on to my next question, what will the delivery of the aforementioned DLC be? Will it be staggered over the course of say a year, or will it be 1 piece of DLC per season of the show? If the latter then how will you be able to support the players on the current gen of consoles when next-gen comes in, and the console manufacturers themselves stop support for network servers etc as they make transition to the new consoles.

3. Is there any way to earn BITS in the game, instead of buying them?

4. Clans - Will clans be able to pool resources?
Will clans be able to create camps etc that they could use as a base?
Clan to Clan trading?
Clan v Clan PvP?

5. Any plans to introduce a leaderboard system for consoles, as the one thats available on the website is currently for PC only?

6. Will Defiance be available on the next gen consoles? If so, could we transfer our character(s)?

7. Will each playable race, instead of each class, have a different background story than the current one that we are all currently playing? Obviously to keep down costs the different backgrounds would have to join the current story at some point, say when you confront Varus at the Crater!?

8. Will the DLC's contain more TDM maps? (I don't know much about the DLC!)
9. Can you explain how the system for tying in to the show and vice versa works? By that I mean will we get a new Episode mission each week, and how will this affect the next TV episode? Will players be mentioned at all? Or will there be a generic Arkhunter to represent the entirety of the Arkhunting community, in the show?

10. Will the Cerberus be available in the story, as a vehicle for your Arkhunter?
11. Any plans to add in air vehicles?

I can't think of much more at the moment but if I do, I will post them here. Thanks for the extras we got due to the startup problems. Great job so far.

Myll_Erik - Trion Worlds Community Manager
1. We have set up both the game and the show to be self sustaining in the unlikely event something happens to effect either one.

2. DLC (both free and paid) will be staggered

3. No - only through real money.

4. We're working on improving all of our social features - including clan features.

5. Yes - we want better leader boards and stat tracking.

6. :)

7. I can't answer that

8. Perhaps :) Wait and see!

9. More info to come

10. Currently its on some of the PvP and shadow war maps - but not in the open world that much
11. Not at this time - but never say never!

Xavier Horovitz
Hey Defiance dudes! I've got two questions for you. I hope I'm allowed to do that!

Question One: As a guy who really loves the aspect of clans in an MMO, do you have any further plans to branch the system out? Customized ranks in the clan with modifiable powers, instanced clan bases with a shared bank access and some clan PvP would really be awesome!

Question Two: Has there been any talk about bringing Defiance to the next generation of consoles? With the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 on their way out the door for many gamers, it seems to me that the playerbases would begin to dwindle as many players upgraded consoles. I don't know the logistics, of course, but having shared servers would be remarkable. That is to say, a shared server between the PS3/PS4 as well as a shared server between the 360/Next Xbox. In short, the lack of a next-gen plan will spell doom for the consoles versions of Defiance.

Oveur - Executive Producer
1. Yes, very much, to the point of having Clan progression, Clan warfare and shared benefits (banks, bases, boosts, spandex wardrobe).

2. Yes, yes and yes. We're as interested as the rest of the world in the next generation of consoles and for us, like you point out, this is very much just another platform for the Defiance client to be on and a natural progression. Stay tuned.

XDFrost
While playing I have had two recurring question.

1. Can we expect any changes to the clan system? Will it stay focused on clan mates buying bonuses for the clan or is there a possibility will we also see things implemented such as clan banks, clan pvp, clan pve, or clan leveling systems?

2. As the game progresses can we expect to see "major cities" or trading hubs including features such as banking or player market systems?

Thanks for your time, I'm eager to see the direction this project goes.

1 - Yes, we want to make it better and keep expanding the clan system.
2 - You'll just have to keep an eye on our upcoming content and future updates to find out. :)

1. Yes, you'll see a lot of things move on the clan system.

2. Not in the near future but they are planned and on our schedule. We don't stop development, the entire team is here still working on Defiance and we have an 18 month schedule already planned.

Primalwolf
1. Have you got any new ideas from these comments that you have not yet already considered?

2. Has there been any thought to open pvp areas? (It's easily conceivable that ark hunters would compete for ark tech out in the badlands for instance)
I'm not actually requesting it, but I know this was a question people were asking on forums.

3. What about hireable npc's? I'm sure there would be plenty of hunters for hire in a world like that.

4. Possible npc interaction, relationship building etc. I know this isn't a full fledged rpg, but it does help add a bit more depth to a story, especially one set mainly in a desolate wasteland.

5. What about Ego customisation? Gender, voice, personality. Surely you could encompass that ego feeds of the mentality of the ark hunter implanted with it?

1. Yeah, of course, getting the mutant from Face Off into the game for one.

2. I'm assuming you're referring to entire zones being open PVP since Shadow War is open world but opt-in. So yes, considered and but we'll probably going for the more opt-in route, like through Clan Rivalry.

3. No, not planned.

4. Yes, we intend to evolve NPCs as well :)

5. I actually hadn't thought about that. See #1 :)

GuardianofDragons
Q1) What are your plans for the future of competitive play.

Q2) Are there any plans to add in new vehicles (Hover Crafts, Boats, Clan Housing units) I know the whole housing aspect doesn't have much to do with the game/show but who doesn't love some where to live :) doesn't hurt to ask.

Q3) Will there be any kind of interface changes for the PC users as of right now it seems to fit a console interface more. Also will there be a push to talk function in the near future?

Sorry if these questions have been asked already, did not go through all 300 comments :)

P.S loving the game

No, not specifically for mods but perhaps with other features.

1. More game modes, both in the open world (ie shadow wars) and instances/maps. Ranging from pick-up to clan rivalry.

2. Yes, yes and yes, we want all the things. But those are big things and no ETA :)

3. Yes, constantly improving. Yes, I think push to talk should be there as well.

1 - Make it better :)
2 - Yes :)
3 - We're working on making the UI better
4- It's been coming up, and we're looking at our options.

Here ya go.

Sorry it's so sloppy.

You can go here: http://raptr.com/Myll_Erik/news/51687d97caf17cb22f/raptr-q-a-defiance?sort=topscore

To read it all. It's messy.

**EDIT** Added the link

Darth Haighter
04-17-2013, 07:13 PM
thanks Taaltos, that was cool

Taaltos
04-17-2013, 07:14 PM
thanks Taaltos, that was cool

No problem.

I was surprised at some of the answers regarding the Clan stuff. Can't wait to see how this game evolves.

SaintRaze
04-17-2013, 07:18 PM
No problem.

I was surprised at some of the answers regarding the Clan stuff. Can't wait to see how this game evolves.

So the Devs HAVE CONFIRMED clan houses? I might have a heart attack from all this excitement :D

Darth Haighter
04-17-2013, 07:21 PM
So the Devs HAVE CONFIRMED clan houses? I might have a heart attack from all this excitement :D

that would be just awesome...can't even put into words

SaintRaze
04-17-2013, 07:22 PM
that would be just awesome...can't even put into words

I know, right? I can't even begin to imagine how amazing it will be lol

Taaltos
04-17-2013, 07:23 PM
Edited the post to make it easier to read.

Taaltos
04-17-2013, 07:29 PM

It's definitely on their ideas and thoughts list.

SaintRaze
04-17-2013, 07:32 PM
It's definitely on their ideas and thoughts list.

Can't wait to see how that turns out. This will be the next major thing I'm looking for.

Taaltos
04-17-2013, 07:40 PM
Fixed a link in the post. Now you can go read all the questions at the original Q&A.

Taaltos
04-17-2013, 09:36 PM
I was wondering, how many BITS do you suppose they think they can charge for Clan 'housing' and 'vaults'?

Makes me a tad nervous.

Sarin
04-17-2013, 10:41 PM
That's a little worrying, though excluding a game feature in a PAID retail game with the very, very subtle and small "subscription fee" in the form of a season pass would be a very bad move.

Convenience and aesthetics are the only things that should be allowed for microtransactions.

Talon Swiftshot
04-18-2013, 04:32 AM
No problem.

Me too, it really does sound like they're interested in expanding the clan side of things. It's funny because I can't imagine how it would be, of course I know how having an instanced base work work but it's just weird to picture the implementation, and as much as I'd like a storage and clan bank, do we really have enough items to justify these? Perhaps DLC will remedy that.
In any case, what Defiance is capable of becoming is why I am still here.

yambag021
04-19-2013, 11:33 PM
wow, thanks for the info tal. good stuff there!

RequiemPrime
04-19-2013, 11:40 PM
Supported, supported, supported.

Right now, my clan launches of from Toolworks (would actually love to have a place like that as Clan HQ). But yeah, definitely lots of great ideas in this thread.

Ruin Born
04-19-2013, 11:46 PM
don't think strato carriers will happen, since the last one to exist crashed, it just wouldnt be right that suddenly all clans had one. but something else a hideout or a bunker of some sort would ofc be nice

What? pfff, it would be awesome, and your telling me the species that came up with ark cores and arks coudn't pull it off? Because they are still around you know...