PDA

View Full Version : Question about the show so far (slight spoiler)

PowderedToastMan
04-15-2013, 07:36 PM
So...the first episode is a prequel then to the game I take it. Battle of defiance is mentioned so much in the game and the black lawkeeper is a tad older in the game, looks like a young man here. I forget his name.

TommathyusRex
04-15-2013, 07:46 PM
Actually the game and show coincide with each other. Game takes place in the San Francisco area, show near St. Louis. The lawkeeper from the game and the one from the show are 2 different characters.

Riku_Kurosaki15
04-15-2013, 07:48 PM
*facepalm*

You've got it completely wrong...The game and the show take place roughly in the same year. The episode missions from the game are the PREQUEL to the TV show and Nolan and Irisa leave the bay area and head east and eventually find themselves in Defiance(the town that used to be St. Louis). The battle of Defiance which is spoken of in the game was a battle where soldiers from both sides stood up in defiance(hence why they call it the battle of Defiance)against their superiors and wanted the Pale Wars to end. The battle took place December 23, 2030 according to the timeline and the show takes place April 15, 2046. About 16 years after the battle of Defiance. It's confusing, I know. And the black lawmaker from the game, John Cooper and the black guy on the show(think his name was Tommy or something) are completely different characters.

PowderedToastMan
04-15-2013, 07:48 PM
Ah ok. Yeah I knew they coincide its just weird to hear about the battle of defiance so much in the game and seeing a battle at defiance in the first episode of the show.

JMadFour
04-15-2013, 07:49 PM
So...the first episode is a prequel then to the game I take it. Battle of defiance is mentioned so much in the game and the black lawkeeper is a tad older in the game, looks like a young man here. I forget his name.

no.

The Game and the Show take place at the same time, in two different locations.

The Black Deputy on the show is a completely different person. He's not the Lawkeeper in the game.

The City of Defiance in the Show is named after the Battle of Defiance, which took place in San Francisco 15 years earlier.

PowderedToastMan
04-15-2013, 07:50 PM
*facepalm*

You've got it completely wrong...The game and the show take place roughly in the same year. The episode missions from the game are the PREQUEL to the TV show and Nolan and Irisa leave the bay area and head east and eventually find themselves in Defiance(the town that used to be St. Louis). The battle of Defiance which is spoken of in the game was a battle where soldiers from both sides stood up in defiance(hence why they call it the battle of Defiance)against their superiors and wanted the Pale Wars to end. The battle took place December 23, 2030 according to the timeline and the show takes place April 15, 2046. About 16 years after the battle of Defiance. It's confusing, I know. And the black lawmaker from the game, John Cooper and the black guy on the show(think his name was Tommy or something) are completely different characters.

It makes sense now thanks.

antmeyerx
04-15-2013, 07:50 PM
*facepalm*

Pretty much hit the nail on the head.

In game the Episode Missions and Main Missions are COMPLETELY different from eachother.

Atticus Finch
04-15-2013, 07:51 PM

The black lawkeeper is one of the defiant few

JMadFour
04-15-2013, 07:54 PM
*facepalm*

just to nitpick, but I believe that it was called the Battle of Defiance because it took place at Fort Defiance in San Francisco.