PDA

View Full Version : Just finished watching the show, anyone notice something?

dirtnapper
04-15-2013, 08:15 PM
Just got done watching the show and I really enjoyed it, I do hope they change the weapons a bit as the show progresses. It was odd seeing MP4's, M4's, and a few other of today's standbys. Hopefully SCIFI will throw a lot more money at it in the future.

The one thing I noticed that made me laugh and brought me to right this post is: Did anyone notice the song at the end? Isnt that song in one of the Fallout games and is also in Bioshock as well. I thought that was a nice touch if it was intentional.

I think SciFi and Trion may have a hit on its hands.....they are sooo screwed. lol

Myst
04-15-2013, 08:21 PM
Just got done watching the show and I really enjoyed it, I do hope they change the weapons a bit as the show progresses. It was odd seeing MP4's, M4's, and a few other of today's standbys. Hopefully SCIFI will throw a lot more money at it in the future.

The one thing I noticed that made me laugh and brought me to right this post is: Did anyone notice the song at the end? Isnt that song in one of the Fallout games and is also in Bioshock as well. I thought that was a nice touch if it was intentional.

I think SciFi and Trion may have a hit on its hands.....they are sooo screwed. lol

I thought bioshock but now that you brought it up to I also remember a bit of Fallout to. I see my season pass purchased through the UE was well worth it!

Cutlass Jack
04-15-2013, 08:23 PM
The show also started with a "Falloutism" of the Hula girl on the dashboard with the postcard. I'd like to think both were intentional.

ForkInSocket
04-15-2013, 08:28 PM
Yeah, the parallels jumped out at me too. And Fallout 3 begins in a subway car.

Frankly, the show is about as derivative as it gets. Every 10 minutes I'm reminded of some other sci-fi series (usually Firefly). I've enjoyed it, but it's not going to win many awards for originality.

scrawnypaleman
04-15-2013, 08:35 PM
I loved the show.... But I can't get over how Nolan drives. No one. ABSOLUTELY NO ONE. Drives like that.

RenegadeCEO
04-15-2013, 08:35 PM
Yeah, the parallels jumped out at me too. And Fallout 3 begins in a subway car.

Frankly, the show is about as derivative as it gets. Every 10 minutes I'm reminded of some other sci-fi series (usually Firefly). I've enjoyed it, but it's not going to win many awards for originality.

Well, Defiance is written by the same guy that did FarScape, SeaQuestDSV, and Alien Nation (Rockne S. O'Bannon btw), so I'm figuring it will be a good, solid Sci-Fi show. Now just to see if it gets the support it needs (and hopefully deserves).

Gryn
04-15-2013, 08:50 PM
I noticed the whole Han, Leia part. *spoilers don't read if you haven't seen it yet* Nolan gets his reward and the mayor is all like got your cash just gonna leave us now? The mayor went about it in a kinder way though trying to appeal to his sense of honor, asking about the war. But that's just how I interpreted it.

Beats
04-15-2013, 08:52 PM
Spoilers ahoy.

Did anyone notice on the cgi of the men climbing the cliff, the last one nolan shoots, his left arm is grabbing a rock that isn't there?

dirtnapper
04-15-2013, 08:52 PM
The show also started with a "Falloutism" of the Hula girl on the dashboard with the postcard. I'd like to think both were intentional.

Nice catch! I didnt even put those two together.

Jack Johnson
04-15-2013, 08:53 PM
I noticed the whole Han, Leia part. *spoilers don't read if you haven't seen it yet* Nolan gets his reward and the mayor is all like got your cash just gonna leave us now? The mayor went about it in a kinder way though trying to appeal to his sense of honor, asking about the war. But that's just how I interpreted it.

Actually Han Solo was more Irisa. Riding in at the last minute in battle to turn the tide before riding away from a giant explosion. I thought Nolan himself was going to pull that move.

K A S H I H A R A D
04-15-2013, 08:54 PM
I noticed all the melee weapons, big *** Votan blasters and dirt bikes we don't have yet.

dirtnapper
04-15-2013, 08:55 PM
That was driving me nuts also lol it was like watching a car chase from the 30s.

Jack Johnson
04-15-2013, 08:55 PM
I noticed all the melee weapons, big *** Votan blasters and dirt bikes we don't have yet.

Dark Matter use energy swords in the game.

But you're right, we don't have Volge blasters yet... although I suspect when the Volge return to the Bay Area we're going to get our hands on some of them.

PseudoCool
04-15-2013, 08:57 PM
Frankly.. I REALLY hope the new playable race is the Castithans.. and I REALLY hope their a more melee based race. We see lots of knives of all types in the show, but none in the game.

And yeah.. not that they've popped the lid off of motorcycles, wouldn't mind seeing those either.

Cold fired weapons.. uhm.. YEAH. Imagine blasting a smelter in the face with that cold fired gun? That would be OBSCENE, and totally worth the price of a extract if he was too close :)

K A S H I H A R A D
04-15-2013, 08:59 PM
Dark Matter use energy swords in the game.

That we can't equip or steal yet so...

But you're right, we don't have Volge blasters yet... although I suspect when the Volge return to the Bay Area we're going to get our hands on some of them.

Ah Volge... my mistake. Now that I think back to the VOT Pulse Blaster shenanigans of the beta... I'm not so eager to get my hands on an in-game version of the Volge.

Lifeisdeath
04-15-2013, 09:00 PM
It was odd seeing MP4's, M4's, and a few other of today's standbys.

MP4s???????

Burt Gummer
04-15-2013, 09:05 PM
We should definitely have more large battles in-game similar to the one in the TV show. Vehicular battles would also be... well, enjoyable.

Komakala
04-15-2013, 09:07 PM
Nolan only drives the way he does to ensure proper coverage of all the lanes. It's necessary to block all attempts at passing him to be sure he is first to an arkfall.

Fuzzy Skinner
04-15-2013, 09:11 PM
You're all a bunch of scruffy nerf herders.

Darkeus
04-15-2013, 09:16 PM

I noticed a lot of Han and Leia parallels with Nolan and Amanda.... Like where he calls her sweetheart and she say, "Did you just call me sweetheart?"

Nolan is like, "That was my second choice."

Totally Han and Leia during Empire....

Golladan
04-15-2013, 09:28 PM
Nolan only drives the way he does to ensure proper coverage of all the lanes. It's necessary to block all attempts at passing him to be sure he is first to an arkfall.

Best part is the way he drives AND how he looks all the way to the side for extended periods of time while driving like that. Must have another set of eyes by his ear.

Rasczak
04-15-2013, 10:09 PM
Best part is the way he drives AND how he looks all the way to the side for extended periods of time while driving like that. Must have another set of eyes by his ear.

What's he gonna hit anyway? A tumbleweed? :D

Loved the pilot. Looking forward to the rest of the season.

Sajin
04-15-2013, 10:10 PM
I was wondering why Albel Nox was there...

Golladan
04-15-2013, 10:14 PM
What's he gonna hit anyway? A tumbleweed? :D
If the road was that bad that he had to constantly wiggle his arms... who knows. :P