PDA

View Full Version : Defiance the show

smiley400bnal
04-15-2013, 08:16 PM
just got threw watching the show and it rocks hardcore i want that town ingame and i want to defend it like they did that would be a kick *** mission who else would love that mission

volge
04-15-2013, 08:24 PM
Yep, gamers show...

capsaicen
04-15-2013, 08:27 PM
just got threw watching the show and it rocks hardcore i want that town ingame and i want to defend it like they did that would be a kick *** mission who else would love that mission

I want a motorcycle in the game!! :eek:

ForensicBrush
04-15-2013, 08:28 PM
Watched it,enjoyed it,can't wait for next weeks episode :d.

Dark Imperium
04-15-2013, 08:29 PM
Watched it,enjoyed it,can't wait for next weeks episode :d.

Is there a way to watch the episode on the web tonight ?

Moose Jaw
04-15-2013, 08:36 PM
I thought the show was a little bleh. I didn't feel connected to the characters/care the city was about to be attacked. I dunno, didn't see much resemblance to the game. I mean in the game there's no big city to hang out in like this. I'm not even sure whats happening in the world.. Some aliens come and want to share earth, we resist but then decide its ok. Earth get's tera formed into this spiky planet (for what purpose?). Now there's all these alien races living together in this little city defiance, no apparent remnants of any previous government(s).

The world I'm playing in is crawling with Ark hunters and hellbugs.. etc.. etc. Why would all alien races be so human-like anyway? I mean the Irathients or w/e they're called look identical except eyes/nose. Apparently they're all gingers?

Maybe it's because I kept falling asleep but it seemed the best part of the show was the Johnny Cash song : \

Myst
04-15-2013, 08:38 PM
How I felt watching the show. ( Person on the top )

http://24.media.tumblr.com/291d6a195d213f57d0d5fe2d1b1179c0/tumblr_mg3v1076Mc1r1q2n9o1_1280.jpg

Golladan
04-15-2013, 08:50 PM
I thought the show was a little bleh. I didn't feel connected to the characters/care the city was about to be attacked. I dunno, didn't see much resemblance to the game. I mean in the game there's no big city to hang out in like this. I'm not even sure whats happening in the world.. Some aliens come and want to share earth, we resist but then decide its ok. Earth get's tera formed into this spiky planet (for what purpose?). Now there's all these alien races living together in this little city defiance, no apparent remnants of any previous government(s).

The world I'm playing in is crawling with Ark hunters and hellbugs.. etc.. etc. Why would all alien races be so human-like anyway? I mean the Irathients or w/e they're called look identical except eyes/nose. Apparently they're all gingers?

Maybe it's because I kept falling asleep but it seemed the best part of the show was the Johnny Cash song : \
They will probably give more backstory as the show goes on. The game has some back story too with the data recorders. Some of the back story you have to research yourself.

The 7 votan races come to Earth to live thinking it was uninhabited after their solar system was destroyed. They met humans instead. After long years of talks the Votan ambassador to the UN gets assassinated on live TV by a human. The Pale Wars begin. After long years of war the Arks that had most of the Votans mysteriously explode, creating the Earth's debris belt. Some of the pieces fall to Earth, unleashing all manners of stuff(hellbugs for example) as well as terraforming technology that the Votans had brought.

I do agree that it is odd that the alien races are so human-like, even to the point where they have belly buttons and can be given hand jobs.

nomad68
04-15-2013, 08:52 PM
It was pretty good but does need some polish.

Solo
04-15-2013, 08:54 PM
i want to know the race with the dreadlocks that was doing all the karate moves he kick'd ***
-Follow that

Moose Jaw
04-15-2013, 09:04 PM
They will probably give more backstory as the show goes on. The game has some back story too with the data recorders. Some of the back story you have to research yourself.

The 7 votan races come to Earth to live thinking it was uninhabited after their solar system was destroyed. They met humans instead. After long years of talks the Votan ambassador to the UN gets assassinated on live TV by a human. The Pale Wars begin. After long years of war the Arks that had most of the Votans mysteriously explode, creating the Earth's debris belt. Some of the pieces fall to Earth, unleashing all manners of stuff(hellbugs for example) as well as terraforming technology that the Votans had brought.

I do agree that it is odd that the alien races are so human-like, even to the point where they have belly buttons and can be given hand jobs.

Thanks for the back story :D. I still think the game and the show feels very thrown together. Quick, which B-List actors can we get on the cheap.. ok they'll do. As for the game, its pretty fun.. just not much there. I can't imagine what you would do for 5k Ego levels. It's early yet, hopefully they'll have a strong base of fans to keep the ship afloat. As for me, there's just too many good games coming out these days, can't see this lasting long for the short attention people like me :).

Ensu
04-15-2013, 09:36 PM
i want to know the race with the dreadlocks that was doing all the karate moves he kick'd ***
-Follow that

Castithan.