PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Ordered at GameStop, will I be able to play the Beta?

Ink
03-14-2013, 04:21 AM
As the title says, I haven't pre-ordered through the website but in my local gamestop, how will I get access to the beta? Or is it only for people who pre-ordered online? :(

Nazdreg
03-14-2013, 04:37 AM
if you did it in the store, there should be a code on your reciept, if you did it online, should be emailed within an hour to a few days, I got mine about 45 min after I ordered online.

Defy
03-14-2013, 05:04 AM
look on your receipt for code :)

skullmount4
03-14-2013, 06:10 AM
I had also preordered it from Gamestop (online, physical collectors $99 edition, for pc) about a week ago, and never got an email. I've switched it to the DDE from Steam yesterday, and still haven't gotten an email from Steam either. How do we go about getting those emails?

Exes
03-14-2013, 06:51 AM
I had also preordered it from Gamestop (online, physical collectors $99 edition, for pc) about a week ago, and never got an email. I've switched it to the DDE from Steam yesterday, and still haven't gotten an email from Steam either. How do we go about getting those emails?

When do you need the mail with the pre-order goodies? That's right, when the game releases. The physical collectors edition would have it in the box. Steam will either send you a mail or directly link it to your trion account with some setup wizard.

skullmount4
03-14-2013, 06:59 AM
When do you need the mail with the pre-order goodies? That's right, when the game releases. The physical collectors edition would have it in the box. Steam will either send you a mail or directly link it to your trion account with some setup wizard.
I know you get the code for items themselves on release day(ish) (I've preordered enough things from GameStop to know that), but how are people getting the preorder email that has the ark code?

Exes
03-14-2013, 07:01 AM
I know you get the code for items themselves on release day(ish) (I've preordered enough things from GameStop to know that), but how are people getting the preorder email that has the ark code?

Dude, Ark codes are codes given away by Trion, either in videos, or promotions or anywhere and are used for small bonuses for the "My Ego" page. Everybody has access to the same ark codes, for example on sites like this: http://orcz.com/Defiance:_Arkfall_Codes or various forum threads.

skullmount4
03-14-2013, 07:58 AM
Dude, Ark codes are codes given away by Trion, either in videos, or promotions or anywhere and are used for small bonuses for the "My Ego" page. Everybody has access to the same ark codes, for example on sites like this: http://orcz.com/Defiance:_Arkfall_Codes or various forum threads.
I know that (thats how I've been doing the ark codes up till now), but I would still like to be able to see the email though.

Agent I3
03-14-2013, 09:13 AM
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
check this thread;
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?3679-Beta-Codes-Lets-get-things-cleared-up!

Jay
03-14-2013, 09:40 AM
scam, I asked the guy at the register he said he didnt' know about any beta key and my receipt for PS3 platform doesn't have any registration code either..