agiantmudcrab
04-15-2013, 09:43 PM
Whats your take on the show?

MagellanD
04-15-2013, 10:01 PM
Whats your take on the show?

**Possible Spoilers don't read if you don't want to!***
Sadly I am torn.
-Character development is beating you over the face with contrived writing (kinda like the game)
-Rushed way too much in the first episode
-I don't feel for the romeo and juliet type story as there was a dance scene and a couple of fights to "show their love" it's as contrived as Amadala and Anakin's Love story. They could have stretched through a few episodes.
-They shouldn't have revealed the identity of the conspirators just yet. Although I don't have any idea what is supposed to happen later on it could work out with a twist
-How the hell did Irisa convince the people she stabbed to come save the town
-No Tie in to the Episode missions in the game. There was a perfect spot for Nolan to tell the mayor of their journey they just travelled all the way from San Fran. That would be the part that would make us gamers go SKWEEEEE HEHEHEHEHEHE
-There have been other SyFy shows that started off weak to get strong. Eureka was like that for me. They need to develop. With the staff from Battlestar I went in with HIGH expectations that THEY boasted about Repeatedly. Battlestar had me hooked episode 1!!!

the positive
I LOVE THE Doctor! Oh my god She's Awesome!!
I Actually Love Irisa too
I have to love the mine owner. He's a Canadian Actor
I loved seeing the guns in the show that look liked ours (Specifically Nolan's Pistol)
I hope we get that bad *** gun the traitor had!!! (Am I too gun focused)
They mentioned raiders and 99ers WOOT SKWEEE HEHEHEHEHE

Kalter Stahl
04-15-2013, 10:39 PM
The episode mission tie in that I noticed and enjoyed was when Nolan used the alien stick he stole from us to retrieve that alien battery ball.

S7YLEE
04-16-2013, 01:23 PM
i loved it just hoping they bring the tophat back int he store i want one so bad xD

Finster Febb
04-16-2013, 01:36 PM
I thought the premiere was done well. I would have liked to have seen more backstory that would have tied the game to the series better. Still it was a really good show. I could already see some of the plots start to take place and though it did feel a little rushed in spots like MagellanD spoke of, it was nice to see the characters and different alien races come to life. Hopefully the series will get more in depth and we will get to see it appear as well within the game at a much deeper level story wise. Overall a good first show from the Defiance team. Looking forward to the next one and see what journey it takes us all on.