PDA

View Full Version : What's your favorite character in the show?

djin
04-15-2013, 10:46 PM
As far as I know, Indogenes are pretty gnarly looking people. Definitely have a scaly fish scale thing to them as skin, sometimes even finding a seem on the top of their head like it's part of a sewn piece.

But I digress.

I actually happened to like "Doc". She really made me laugh pretty much almost every time she spoke.

But of course, the one that we are supposed to be pissed off at, Nolan really has it going for me. He has a lot of things going right in the show and sets some really good chemistry with a lot of people. The best chemistry I've seen so far between him is the mayor and himself. Irisa comes second.

Diggot
04-15-2013, 10:50 PM
I really hope they let us kill Varus in game. I've made it my goal to put a bullet
in his head after all the lies and tricks he's used to gain more wealth.
It's gotten to the point where i refuse to run missions for him because he's a
gready, lying bastard that needs to see the end if a gun.

Golladan
04-15-2013, 10:53 PM
1. Yewll (the doctor)
2. Kenya (mayor's sister)
3. Nolan

Valcrist
04-15-2013, 10:53 PM
Oh man, there's something I like about every one of them lol Mainly the Nolan and the Mayor. Doc Yewlll made me laugh lol
I'm hoping the deputy grows into one BAMF lol

djin
04-15-2013, 10:54 PM
1. Yewll (the doctor)
2. Kenya (mayor's sister)
3. Nolan

Sweet, the doc is hitting that top list. Kenya was an interesting gal. Had a lot of charm and made me wonder if there is anything going to happen between the mayor, Kenya, and Nolan. Some sort of awkward triangle.

Game Warden
04-15-2013, 10:55 PM
I was going to say the Lawkeeper but he's died, still watching the show now. I miss the premiere because I was to busy playing the game lol.

djin
04-15-2013, 10:56 PM
I was going to say the Lawkeeper but he's died, still watching the show now. I miss the premiere because I was to busy playing the game lol.

I feel you there. Had some lab work for photography and the developer chemicals took AGES to get my pictures done. I was livid so I found a way to watch it.

K A S H I H A R A D
04-15-2013, 10:57 PM
1. Indogene Doctor
2. Irisa
3. Amanda's booty
4. Stahma Tarr
5. Volge Pistol

All in that exact order.

RelativeBlue
04-15-2013, 11:01 PM
Irisa is great.
But my favorite has got to be that giant Orangutan face guy with the jack russel! Why can't we be those?

djin
04-15-2013, 11:02 PM
Irisa is great.
But my favorite has got to be that giant Orangutan face guy with the jack russel! Why can't we be those?

lol I don't know why, but that feels random. Although his voice was cool. I was wondering how he would be able to raise his voice to yell for Tito to come back.

Dist0rt3d Hum0r
04-15-2013, 11:06 PM
Irisa by far. Mysterious, independent, and feisty. I like feisty. ;)

Second would be Nolan, then the Doc.

Duckphone
04-15-2013, 11:07 PM
That indogene doctor was by far the best character.

THE CRAZZED
04-15-2013, 11:08 PM
The Hot alien Wife cant remember how to spell her name tho lol.. Now really prob Nolan even tho I swore I would hate him for screwing us.. But he did the right thing with it, so I guess I will let that go..Although if he gets a reward for saving Defiance then he better share or he better never return to the bay area cuz I will put a bulllet in his head then lol

Striings
04-15-2013, 11:11 PM
I like the sexy *** wife of that one vampire/elf dude. IDK her name maybe because they didnt tell us her name? If someone does know her name could you please tell me!

3of8
04-15-2013, 11:15 PM
Stahma Tarr (Jaime freakin' Murray. Hell Yes. As if I wasn't going to love her character. Plus she is a Castithan. Jaime as a Castithan I basically had no chance.)
Irisa
Doc Yewell.

Listed In no particular order of course!

Golladan
04-15-2013, 11:17 PM
I like the sexy *** wife of that one vampire/elf dude. IDK her name maybe because they didnt tell us her name? If someone does know her name could you please tell me!

That would be Stahma Tarr.

And the "vampire/elf dude" thing made me lol.

Munx
04-15-2013, 11:18 PM
Indogene Doctor defo fav char of first episode for me, even if there was a point later in the episode involving her that made me go meh.

Raincry
04-15-2013, 11:19 PM
If anyone says Tommy... :mad:

He almost single-handedly ruined the show. So did the middle MacCowley kid. Their acting was pure Shtako!

I was waiting for Irisa to say, "Multi Pass"! :p

Nolan pretty much rules and so does Stahma (hot!)

Kenya...sexy! Still can't get her Not Another Teen Movie and 24 roles out of my head.

Dexter should make an appearance soon. :D

Striings
04-15-2013, 11:22 PM
That would be Stahma Tarr.

And the "vampire/elf dude" thing made me lol.
lol but seriously doesn't that dude and the old grampa cherokee idian dude remind you of Twilight lol?

Honved
04-15-2013, 11:23 PM
indogene doctor by far.

Applesaws
04-15-2013, 11:25 PM
Datak Tarr is an interesting character, the actor is amazing but I think Doc Yewll is hilarious.

Raincry
04-15-2013, 11:27 PM
Indogene Doctor defo fav char of first episode for me, even if there was a point later in the episode involving her that made me go meh.

I guess I am in the minority here. I thought she was so forced and delivery was way overblown. I wanted to choke her out with her lines, and LOLd when she was playing Dance Dance Revolution with her hands towards the end.

OmegaDelta
04-15-2013, 11:47 PM
What's your favorite character in the show?

Don't you mean "Who"?

Who may favorite character is...well, it's really too soon to say because they haven't developed the characters much yet. The only two we know the most about are Nolan and Irisa. Yes...I like them both...but that little ***** stole my gem-thingy as Nolan was giving me his XAR-22 rifle. It would have been nice if Nolan and Irisa had a conversation about that little "theft" while driving just before singing that Johnny Cash song.

------------------

Now if you meant "What's your favorite alien species in the show?"...that's different. The Indogen race is cool but I like the Sensoth! I mean...c'mon, they're big and nasty! LOL

Lastly...if you mean "What" as in anything that could be perceived as a "character" in the show?

I would have to say the weapons!! The AR-15, AK-74, Volge pistol, Nolans pistol, etc.

As far as I know, Indogenes are pretty gnarly looking people. Definitely have a scaly fish scale thing to them as skin, sometimes even finding a seem on the top of their head like it's part of a sewn piece.

Not "fish scales"...those are hexagons!

Irisa is great.

I believe those will be a race option. Maybe not in the 1st DLC but in one of them.

And they're not "giant Orangutan face guys"...Dude, that's Bigfoot!!

djin
04-15-2013, 11:49 PM
Don't you mean "Who"?

I tried to change the title. But lo, my excellent display of improper grammar.

OmegaDelta
04-15-2013, 11:50 PM
I tried to change the title. But lo, my excellent display of improper grammar.

LOL...too funny!

REiiGN15
04-16-2013, 12:15 AM
That weird doctor thing, I like it's total McCoy vibe. Benz acts like she wants her character to die off fast. That woman needs to do real roles and quit with the cable tv bs. The Alien races need to be more alien and less human. Pretty bad when in the first episode you pull out a emo alien. Plus, if this show is in the future...then when is Google Glass? Oh and you can teraform Earth but still have a bunch of Dodge Challengers everywhere. Guess Michigan didn't get Teraformed.

Jitterbug
04-16-2013, 12:28 AM
I actually happened to like "Doc". She really made me laugh pretty much almost every time she spoke.

Coincidentally that was pretty much the only character I downright hated. So annoying voice and character. I seriously hope they kill her off in the next couple of episodes.

As to my favorite not so much a character, but they had me at Julie Benz <3

Poonthang
04-16-2013, 12:28 AM
I guess I am in the minority here. I thought she was so forced and delivery was way overblown. I wanted to choke her out with her lines, and LOLd when she was playing Dance Dance Revolution with her hands towards the end.

I actually thought the same thing if i thought that anyone was not particularly funny it was her and Nolan in my opinion was quite the opposite with funny one liners. Also Stahma Tarr is both beautiful and a great actress anyone else seen here in the show the HUSTLE!!!

Poonthang
04-16-2013, 12:31 AM
Coincidentally that was pretty much the only character I downright hated. So annoying voice and character. I seriously hope they kill her off in the next couple of episodes.

As to my favorite not so much a character, but they had me at Julie Benz <3

HAHA that is something i would honestly love to see myself!

Munx
04-16-2013, 02:41 AM
They better not dare kill of the doctor! They should make the doc the new main char! Shes fantastic!

222defianceisawesome222
06-18-2013, 08:25 PM
The indogene doctor is doc Yewll just sayin'.

222defianceisawesome222
06-18-2013, 08:29 PM
Irisa is my favorite. She's awesome with knives and I love her attitude. That and Irathiants are cool in general. My second favorite would have to be Noland and the 3rd would be Doc Yewll

Noland-Doc! How we doin' up there?!
Yewll-If you rush me, we all go boom! If you yell at me, we all go boom! Now you know how I'm doin' up here.

Radbane
06-19-2013, 12:55 AM
I'm becoming more and more fond of Doc Yewll. She's the only one with some intresting personal quirks.

The rest of them are either just too bland or neutral, or showing of a too mixed up personality to make them likable or intresting. Many may show some likable traits in one episode just to show the opposite in the next one, and thus I do not care about them.

jbob spittlewop
06-19-2013, 02:20 AM
Favorite so far was Eddie, then probably Sukar( hopefully he returns) then Nolan.

Sithizen
06-19-2013, 03:57 AM
The Doc and Datak. They should make babies.

Ligeia
06-19-2013, 04:40 AM
1- Stahma (nobody saw this coming, yes... :D)
2- The Tarr family
3- Rafe
4- Nolan

I know I'm signing my death warrant writing this, but I feel defiant: :D I dislike Irisa and the Irathiens completely.
I don't like her aggressive and grumpy personality. I saw a post when someone (sorry I don't remember the author) compared her to Michonne from "The walking Dead" and I agree on the comparison. I hate when authors write a strong female character that comes across as an unpleasant impossible human/Irathient being.

Beeing always barking and showing one's teeth doesn't equal being a strong woman: my mother is the kind of person that stiches back an ear to a stuffed animal, because she "feels bad" to see it like that, and yet she's one of the strongest person I can think of.

Ticon
06-19-2013, 04:17 PM
both my fave characters in the show have already been killed.

:(

wont be subbin for season2.

KrypAl
06-19-2013, 04:41 PM
Irisa and Rynn.....I like my women feisty :):):)

Fancypants
06-19-2013, 04:41 PM
"What's your favorite character in the show?"
=========
It used to be Datak because he's responsible for killing most of the bad actors off of the show.

Then he failed to kill the main one, Nolan... so now he's in my doghouse.

I'm angling for the old broad next. She might be able to take out one or two more before the cancer gets her.

shadowkin
06-19-2013, 04:55 PM
Datak without a doubt

Oh yeah and i hate irisa. She is such a brat for no reason like her animosity toward eddie who went to jail for her

And what is with sukar's wardrobe. Some of these sci fi shows fail so hard in future clothing design xD

brandileigh
06-19-2013, 05:31 PM
I'd say Stahma so far.

I wanted to love Irisa but shes too pouty and upset without cause. She started out being *****y so I didn't feel for her when she actually had a reason to be upset.

And, Alak has grown on me since hes less frowny and being a radio dj.

Shada Mori
06-19-2013, 05:44 PM
Irisa. I would of said it was a toss up between Irisa and Kenya, but I haven't felt her story arch in the past few episodes. Nolan is definitely my second fav. I know, Nolan and Irisa.. kinda cliche choices but I get a giggle at how cute they are together.. the little father daughter hug at the end of the last episode made me giggle it was so cute.

Nefarious
06-19-2013, 06:03 PM
Rafe all the way.

Ppl are talking Datek up but Rafe is the true Boss with the real pull in town. Datek wants what Rafe has. And Rafe could give a crap less about Detek and what he has going for him. Datek is a nuisance.

melkathi
06-19-2013, 06:06 PM
Doc Yewll.

I find Kenya boring. Dislike Datak's whole family. Can't stand Rafe's kids, though Rafe himself is cool. Can't stand the mayors, old or new.

ncanning
06-19-2013, 06:40 PM
1. Nolan stands out as the main character, no doubt there, and Amanda is building great chemistry there.

2. Stahma Tarr is also really standing out. Not only is she hot, but she seems to be a master manipulater, with relationships involving everyone. I always find myself most interested in what shes going to add to each episode, and if shes gonna end up as a bad guy or good guy.

Alek Tarr needs to be added to the offical website cast bio. Not only does he have a likeable character, he is getting more consistent air time and story play then Irisa and Kenya.
The Deputy lawkeeper should be added too. Very likeable, but not enough air time, which has helped to stunt the character development of Irisa.

Irisa and Kenya both started off good, but their characters development has pretty much stopped. Both could easily become ineresting again. Irisa sarted off as damaged goods coming out of her shell, which was cool, but now she seems more just like a spoiled brat....

Datak and Rafe are the least interesting. Both Datak's and Rafe's characters have been too inconsistent. Sometimes I cringe when they enter the episodes.