PDA

View Full Version : Anyone bought extra inventory space?

Judgement Dave
04-16-2013, 02:11 AM
Hi I couldn't spot this but my search fu may be weak...

Does anyone know if the extra inventory slots you can buy apply account wide or per character?

0_d4RK_FaLLen
04-16-2013, 02:17 AM
Hi I couldn't spot this but my search fu may be weak...

Does anyone know if the extra inventory slots you can buy apply account wide or per character?

used my free bits and it only applies to character used to buy them

Orge Lambart
04-16-2013, 02:19 AM
only one character unfortunately. Ultimately though it doesn't matter, what are you going to do, roll an alt and do the same thing you did the first time all over again?

Lollie
04-16-2013, 02:20 AM
only one character unfortunately. Ultimately though it doesn't matter, what are you going to do, roll an alt and do the same thing you did the first time all over again?

This^

Is a bit of a bummer though it's only per character, gives even less incentive to ever roll alts.

Valethar
04-16-2013, 02:25 AM
Don't worry too much about which package you buy. Unlike most games, Defiance doesn't give you a better rate for buying the larger packages. They all have the same cost per slot ratio, so it doesn't matter if you buy 5 slots 3 times over the course of a week, or 15 all at once, it will cost the same in the end.

Judgement Dave
04-16-2013, 02:27 AM
Thanks for the replies folks!

If it was account wide it would be alright, but per character seems a little steep since I'm on an economy drive.

And it can be worth having a second character on PC so you've got one on both US and EU servers - if one has a problem you can still play on the other.

pinzig
04-16-2013, 02:31 AM
Thanks for the replies folks!

If it was account wide it would be alright, but per character seems a little steep since I'm on an economy drive.

well - considering you can roll with 5 loadouts with entirely different weapons, perks, etc equipped eventually - its really more like your 1 character will be a five in one package.

IMO inventory space for character is the best spend for "bits".

Other bits options : outfits (most of which have close duplicates available in game) and lock boxes (go do some arkfalls)

Fiontar
04-16-2013, 02:38 AM
I personally find extra inventory space invaluable. When I talk to friends about the cost of the game and it's B2P plus cash shop model, I tell them that the only thing you almost need to buy is extra inventory space, so they should figure that into their expected costs to play the game.

The only reason I don't mind the per character inventory expansion is that with this being a classless game, there really doesn't seem to be much need for an alt at this point. Maybe if I hit the Ego cap and have my ego grid all maxed it might make sense to start an alt, but to be honest, as much as I enjoy the game, I don't see it as anything more than a solid part time/ second game. The best MMOs I've ever played in the past 14 years have been able to provide me with over 1,000 hours of play. My honest expectations are that this game will see less than 200 hours of game play, unless the show/game tie in keeps my playing here and there as I enjoy the TV series. So, even though I can see the possibility of maybe one alt being justified at some point, I just don't ever expect to play enough total hours to need an alt.

Kreedz
04-16-2013, 03:04 AM
I have 100 slots on my Character, 50 of them are constantly occupied with weapons I am maxxing out, mods, and my pvp / farming loadouts. When Im farming drops / lockboxes they fill up quite fast.

Found a good spot which nets me about 28 Keycodes and about 10 whites/greens every 10 - 15 minutes (depending on event spawns).