PDA

View Full Version : Defiance & PS4

RazorWhite72
04-16-2013, 02:31 AM
So, Trion claims that this game will have enough content "for years to come" but PS4, and the xbox counterpart is being released at the end of this year. So, what will happen to the game? What will happen to those of us who bought season passes? None of the counsel systems are going to be backwards compatible, and that means we the gamers will have to re-buy the game on the new platform. I've searched the boards for anything relating to this, and found nothing, so I ask you the gamers what should the devs do? And for the devs, maybe you could tell us?

Dandrielas
04-16-2013, 02:35 AM
You are wrong on the PS4. They will have cloud(or something like that) in which you can download your Ps3 games.

EvilWaterman
04-16-2013, 02:37 AM
Well, if your going to ps4 from ps3 (which is what I will be doing) then your account will not change so I would suspect that all purchased items would carry over. If its on that platform of course, which I would think is a no brainer as the PS4 is essentially a PC this time round

EvilWaterman
04-16-2013, 02:39 AM
You are wrong on the PS4. They will have cloud(or something like that) in which you can download your Ps3 games.

Your wrong I'm afraid. PS3 coded games will not be compatible with the PS4!

EDIT: unless of course you are referring to them being streamed through the Gaikai service

Dandrielas
04-16-2013, 02:40 AM
Your wrong I'm afraid. PS3 coded games will not be compatible with the PS4

Are you sure? From what I read and all the game sites have been saying, the cloud system is supposed to transfer all your info over, or did I misread/hear it?

Edit: That might be it then. The Gaikai service.

EvilWaterman
04-16-2013, 02:42 AM
Yes, they mean your user info. PS3 games will not play on the PS4.

Dandrielas
04-16-2013, 02:43 AM
Yes, they mean your user info. PS3 games will not play on the PS4.

That does stink then.

EvilWaterman
04-16-2013, 02:43 AM
The only way to do it would be to stream them over the Gaiki service

Dandrielas
04-16-2013, 02:44 AM
The only way to do it would be to stream them over the Gaiki service

I guess I am holding onto my Ps3 then when the Ps4 releases.

MrSpaM
04-16-2013, 02:51 AM
It's not going to be a PS4 game, you may have the ability to play the ps3 version on the ps4 but the ps4 isn't getting it's own version.

Duckphone
04-16-2013, 03:02 AM
It's not going to be a PS4 game, you may have the ability to play the ps3 version on the ps4 but the ps4 isn't getting it's own version.

It will, PS4 uses a PC architecture. This means they just have to port over a fixed version of the PC version of defiance and share the same servers for PS3/PS4 players. Unless Trion completely abandons the console versions which is highly unlikely it will inevitably happen.

FFXIV: ARR will be doing this, and all of your account stuff should be tied to your PSN ID and stored on their servers.

Live2Reap
04-16-2013, 03:08 AM
I remember hearing not too long ago that they were planning on taking this game to the Next Gen consoles, but who knows how much truth there is behind that. I would love to see Defiance on a next gen console though...

MrSpaM
04-16-2013, 03:10 AM
Why would they even bother? It's not like they'll be able to make the game any better on PS4 is it. If it ever does get a release on PS4 it'll just be the PS3 version running on the PS4's hardware. The one thing i do hope if we do get a version like that is that they don't expect you to buy the game again.

Solus
04-16-2013, 03:16 AM
Well imo just keep your ps3 why pay for the same games you have to download them onto a ps4? If you can do that for free that would be awesome but seriously that will never happen. Plus majority of people will wait on buying a ps4 until the price drops or until months have passed so there's less issues or bugs (like xbox 360's red ring of death). that's my plan, I'm waiting at least 6 months, I'm in no rush to spend $500+ for a ps4 that can't play any ps2 or ps3 game.

METAL GRINDER
04-16-2013, 04:15 AM
Are you really sure about changing to PS4? When the PS3 was launched it started with a high price and later prove to be unreliable. The quality got better with the following generations. I am planing on keeping mine for some time. I have no hurry to spend money on a new unproven console, for sure not the first generation.

Fuzzy Skinner
04-16-2013, 04:59 AM
I hope to get a PS4 ASAP, but might have to wait a couple months since it's going to be expensive. I'll make sure to buy a 2 year warranty with it though since I'm sure it will have bugs/glitches and the sort and I'll most likely have to replace it couple times before it's more reliable.
I doubt I'll be playing Defiance on a normal basis by this point though. With all the new games coming such as Destiny I won't have time for this little game.
Anyway, yeah. It wouldn't be backwards compatible and I never heard anything about this game getting ported to next generation consoles.

CorbenDallas
04-16-2013, 05:18 AM
The start of a new console generation doesn't mean the end of the previous one, they will probably find a way to play on the ps4 but why bother when you already have a ps3?

Fennador
04-16-2013, 05:39 AM
Your characters and purchases have nothing to do with the platform you are playing on they are stored on TRIONs servers. This has nothing to do with Gaikai, all you would have to do is log on to your account and your characters and purchases would already be there.

Fivluih
04-16-2013, 05:50 AM
Why would ps4 not let you play ps3 or any other older consoles games? Are you saying all the digital downloads Sony is sellin up untill ps4s release will be unusable or have to be unlocked? I don't believe the hype. That would be absolutely ******ed on their part. They are constantly releasing older games for ps3. I don't see why the ps4 could not do what ps3 has been doing for a long time. Disc based games might be different but I still don't see this happening. This seems like a get everyone scared and talking about ps4 publicity stunt just like not showing the console itself was. Just my opinion though I could be wrong.

zeohn
04-16-2013, 05:54 AM
so, trion claims that this game will have enough content "for years to come" but ps4, and the xbox counterpart is being released at the end of this year. So, what will happen to the game? What will happen to those of us who bought season passes? None of the counsel systems are going to be backwards compatible, and that means we the gamers will have to re-buy the game on the new platform. I've searched the boards for anything relating to this, and found nothing, so i ask you the gamers what should the devs do? And for the devs, maybe you could tell us?

ps4=destiny

CorbenDallas
04-16-2013, 06:00 AM
Why would ps4 not let you play ps3 or any other older consoles games? Are you saying all the digital downloads Sony is sellin up untill ps4s release will be unusable or have to be unlocked? I don't believe the hype. That would be absolutely ******ed on their part. They are constantly releasing older games for ps3. I don't see why the ps4 could not do what ps3 has been doing for a long time. Disc based games might be different but I still don't see this happening. This seems like a get everyone scared and talking about ps4 publicity stunt just like not showing the console itself was. Just my opinion though I could be wrong.

Already stated ps4 is not backwards compatible, they have a completely new architecture, however as some one mentioned the ps4 works on a pc architecture so all game data from trion and your account will carry over quite easily

bleuzarro
04-16-2013, 06:16 AM
So, Trion claims that this game will have enough content "for years to come" but PS4, and the xbox counterpart is being released at the end of this year. So, what will happen to the game? What will happen to those of us who bought season passes? None of the counsel systems are going to be backwards compatible, and that means we the gamers will have to re-buy the game on the new platform. I've searched the boards for anything relating to this, and found nothing, so I ask you the gamers what should the devs do? And for the devs, maybe you could tell us?

(tries not to troll). I dont know if english is your native language or not, but you might have had a hard time searching the forums if you typed in "counsel" instead of "console."

But I'm sure if they want their game to be successful, and if they really focus on keeping it alive they'll have some sort of compatibility thing when next-gen come out. Only thing to hope is that you can still use same disc, and not have to buy a new one or some crap. That'd be wack. That's why I really love PC. Don't have those sorts of worries anymore. Can still play PS2 titles and such (Silent hill 3, the suffering 2, max payne 1/2.) Anyway, It'd def. be a shame if they ignored like 2/3s or so of their fan/customer base. So I'm (assuming) it should all be resolved in due time.