PDA

View Full Version : dear devs why should i do roadevents anymore (after the patch)

UglyCoyote
04-16-2013, 06:39 AM
hmm dear sledge - devs,

why should i do anyomore roadevents after the patch ?? till now i and other thought since the beta that it was a bug that only the hellbug roadevents granted lockboxkeys as reward ... yesterday as a big surprise i read in another thread("bugs bugs and more bugs SLEDGE PLEASE READ" http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?37302-Sledgehammer70-bugs-bugs-and-more-bugs-SLEDGE-PLEASE-READ&p=333434#post333434) and statement from sledgehammer that the bug was that hellbug events give lockboxkeys and not the other way around and that after the patch no roadevent should reward lockboxkeys anymore...

so why should i do them ??? the money reward is lousy...the xp is lousy ... the lootdrop is lousy ... the only thing making me do those event s was the option to get lockboxkeys... i for myself surely will quit doing those events and if the majority will do the same you could remove those events completly coz they are simply useless....

Yokai
04-16-2013, 06:42 AM
Wait, what? No "emergency" event will reward key codes after the patch? That's madness! There would be ZERO reason to stop for ANY emergency if that's the case.

Trion, you're nuts! don't do that!

Sterling191
04-16-2013, 06:42 AM
You misread his post. He wasn't saying that no events should be giving keys. He was saying that not all events are supposed to give keys. More specifically he was replying to someone under the erroneous impression that every single event was supposed to payout keys.

There will still be events that give out keys.

Schwa
04-16-2013, 06:43 AM
Emergency events are the best spot in the game for XP that isn't an exploit, I've found... not to mention the least stale.

jonwes
04-16-2013, 06:45 AM
I like to use them to try out new weapons, too.

UglyCoyote
04-16-2013, 06:46 AM
You misread his post. He wasn't saying that no events should be giving keys. He was saying that not all events are supposed to give keys. More specifically he was replying to someone under the erroneous impression that every single event was supposed to payout keys.

There will still be events that give out keys.

yeah i know the hellbug ones ... like it is know ... but if they dont intend to give the rewards also for prisoner escape derilight vehicle and the other events without hellbugs which atm gives you nothing... why should you or i do them .. ??? and many of the beta user have that erroneous impression coz it was said the the rewards should be fixed soon (which now also could meant in another way then speculated)

Sterling191
04-16-2013, 06:49 AM
yeah i know the hellbug ones ... like it is know ... but if they dont intend to give the rewards also for prisoner escape derilight vehicle and the other events without hellbugs which atm gives you nothing... why should you or i do them .. ??? and many of the beta user have that erroneous impression coz it was said the the rewards should be fixed soon (which now also could meant in another way then speculated)

Because they're fun? Because they break up the monotony of mindlessly running from mission to mission? Because they still payout good amounts of experience, scrip, ark salvage, drops, and in some cases keys?

And for the second time, you're grossly misreading Sledge's statement. Keys will still drop from some events.

Schwa
04-16-2013, 06:52 AM

Take it from someone with >1500 ego: the road events are awesome for xp and weapon xp. Those are your bread and butter after you've finished the storyline/side missions and realized you don't care about weapon mods because nothing really needs them.

ShadowStrider 7
04-16-2013, 06:52 AM

Because they are intended to give you more immersion in Defiance? Same as side quests, to be honest. Low xp, low payout. The only difference between emergencies and side missions is that side missions give you mods upon completion.
They are there as filler content, but they do make you feel as though the world is truly alive, rather than a bland, go here, go there, nothing interesting to see on the way...
Keycodes or not, I will still stop for every single one of them, because they take seconds to complete and they are easy to farm XP from.

Cutlass Jack
04-16-2013, 06:54 AM
I love Road Events. I love running right over them in my Challenger. Repeatedly.

UglyCoyote
04-16-2013, 06:57 AM
Because they're fun? Because they break up the monotony of mindlessly running from mission to mission? Because they still payout good amounts of experience, scrip, ark salvage, drops, and in some cases keys?

And for the second time, you're grossly misreading Sledge's statement. Keys will still drop from some events.

fun... yeah had fun the first 100 times as it was new to me...

still payout good amounts of everything... sorry but you are wrong here i tried farming those events for a long time for money loot xp scrap all what you said right now WE HAVE BOOSTS which increases the feeling you get much from those but in reality and after the boost run out you will see that this was an illusion... no blue or green drops anymore mostly 1-2 whites per event mostly a nade or a shield... if the rewards were higher i wouldn t have opened this thread...

LurchUSA
04-16-2013, 06:58 AM
I love Road Events. I love running right over them in my Challenger. Repeatedly.

Pretty much, as I'm racing from one Arc Fall to the next.

Lyokira
04-16-2013, 06:59 AM
Road events are also nice if you got all the explosive reload perks: throwing a barrage of grenades at a reinforcement spot nonstop.

Munx
04-16-2013, 07:00 AM
I love road events, but lets be honest, they are not really the best xp, and while I did all of them, its those random hellbug ones that keept me going.

Removing keycodes from road events is a pretty grave error.

illgot
04-16-2013, 07:00 AM
hmm dear sledge - devs,

why should i do anyomore roadevents after the patch ?? till now i and other thought since the beta that it was a bug that only the hellbug roadevents granted lockboxkeys as reward ... yesterday as a big surprise i read in another thread("bugs bugs and more bugs SLEDGE PLEASE READ" http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?37302-Sledgehammer70-bugs-bugs-and-more-bugs-SLEDGE-PLEASE-READ&p=333434#post333434) and statement from sledgehammer that the bug was that hellbug events give lockboxkeys and not the other way around and that after the patch no roadevent should reward lockboxkeys anymore...

so why should i do them ??? the money reward is lousy...the xp is lousy ... the lootdrop is lousy ... the only thing making me do those event s was the option to get lockboxkeys... i for myself surely will quit doing those events and if the majority will do the same you could remove those events completly coz they are simply useless....

I have to agree with this. The money and experience is horrible, not even worth my time to stop and do the event. The only reason I even did the bugs was because of the keys.

jasper murtagh
04-16-2013, 07:01 AM
I finished a contract of 150 hellbug skitterings by farming the road events, just last night.

Tatakai no Kami
04-16-2013, 07:01 AM

This.

ALthough it just occured to me I should download an MP3 of the General Lee's Horn and play that every time I run a roadblock.

Shinji Ex
04-16-2013, 07:02 AM
Play em for fun?

Shima
04-16-2013, 07:03 AM
Static events (with multiple steps) are giving 1-2 keys, yet some of these emergencies that can be done in a fraction of the time give 3-4. I imagine they have to balance it better.

Munx
04-16-2013, 07:04 AM
My entire playtrough has been without fast travel shinji, I've gotten as much "fun" out of road events as I can, now I do them for the rewards, which pre-patch were compareable to doing other stuff.

That said ofc they should fix the spots that were only spawning hellbug events, but thats about it.

Guees Ill just have to join the mine 99 crowd after this if I want keycodes ?

Garu
04-16-2013, 07:06 AM
I agree there needs to be a balance but getting a few keys here and there while going for pursuits just makes it more fun. If i was simply going from one road side event to the next and not getting a chance at something good later on i would prob get bored. For instance while doing the Pursuits that take along time to do i have been doing them while doing road side events simply because it isnt just non stop grinding its also oh look i got some keys lets see what shinnys i get today...

Lyokira
04-16-2013, 07:10 AM
I propose that it should be a chance of keycode, instead of a flat yes/no reward. And possibly some faction-type reward for completing these events (even if it's only 1 rep per event, it'd eventually add up)

Also, that there should be some mobs optimized at stopping vehicles from running down everything (only appears during reinforcements); it's sorely needed at some arkfalls too.

UglyCoyote
04-16-2013, 07:15 AM
I agree there needs to be a balance but getting a few keys here and there while going for pursuits just makes it more fun. If i was simply going from one road side event to the next and not getting a chance at something good later on i would prob get bored. For instance while doing the Pursuits that take along time to do i have been doing them while doing road side events simply because it isnt just non stop grinding its also oh look i got some keys lets see what shinnys i get today...

a little hint ... most pursuits(i think you meant contracts?) like killing hellbugs, 99er, hulker scrapper ... can be also done doing coop missions very fast and easy and the loot xp scrap and lockboxkey rewards are by far better there.... also weapon leveling could be done easier in coop missions where you have other players at your side ... so again why roadevents whats really the big advantage or reason doing them anymore... im really curious...

Schwa
04-16-2013, 07:16 AM
a little hint ... most pursuits(i think you meant contracts?) like killing hellbugs, 99er, hulker scrapper ... can be also done doing coop missions very fast and easy and the loot xp scrap and lockboxkey rewards are by far better there.... also weapon leveling could be done easier in coop missions where you have other players at your side ... so again why roadevents whats really the big advantage or reason doing them anymore... im really curious...

I'll break down each form of content:

XP ONLY: Arkfalls. High damage single-target weapons for boss damage.
Weaponskill: Co-Op missions.
Mixed progression: Road Events.
Lockboxes: Hellbug road events, mixed with near-end arkfalls.

Munx
04-16-2013, 07:18 AM
I propose that it should be a chance of keycode, instead of a flat yes/no reward. And possibly some faction-type reward for completing these events (even if it's only 1 rep per event, it'd eventually add up)

Also, that there should be some mobs optimized at stopping vehicles from running down everything (only appears during reinforcements); it's sorely needed at some arkfalls too.

Don't even need that, just need to remove kill-credit from car kills.

Sterling191
04-16-2013, 07:23 AM

Ramming a monarch now makes your car explode.

Rek Vio
04-16-2013, 07:37 AM
I love me some road events, just like in Skyrim's random road events, I can't help but stop and get some.

DeMoted
04-16-2013, 07:39 AM
I stay away from events that don't give keys since that is all that matters in this game.

Lyokira
04-16-2013, 07:40 AM
Ramming a monarch now makes your car explode.

Yes, but monarches don't always spawn, and usually not at road event too. :p

Admittedly, I'm just miffed at that one random guy driving his car everywhere in a hellbug red crystal arkfall, squishing all the small bugs..

alienoid
04-16-2013, 07:45 AM
I just do them to (warning weird stuff coming) ... play the game. I don't care about rewards, I just play what is offered to me.

DeMoted
04-16-2013, 07:49 AM
I just do them to (warning weird stuff coming) ... play the game. I don't care about rewards, I just play what is offered to me.

That is why you were the perfect audience for the "Pet Rock"

It is playing the game but it becomes nothing more then a nuisance when you are doing it for nothing.

DSWBeef
04-16-2013, 07:51 AM
Really? Well I guess road events are now obsolete to me. They reward little xp and money. The only reason I did them was to earn keycodes. Nerf it down to 2 per one if you have to but dont remove it.