PDA

View Full Version : How will this work?

RexxDoom
11-17-2012, 02:40 PM
I've watched the PvP video and the Shadow Wars thing confuses me a bit. I have only played WoW and that was briefly. (6 months or so.) Here's my questions.
1) If I'm out doing quests, (either solo or co-op) what will stop some random guy from trying to kill me?
2) If I'm playing solo, (again questing) How will I know if there's a huge battle going on that I can join in that area?
3) Or how will I know when an arkfall happens? Does it teleport me there? If I'm in a party, can we all go to it?
4) If I do want to play PvP with my buddies, does it let me know when they're starting a game and automatically take me to that map?
5) Will the mission system be the same on the 360? (That's what I'll be playing it on.)

I'm just curious how well this will transition from solo to PvP to co-op. I don't want to be playing quests and all of a sudden come into some huge battle where I need to complete a mission at, and then be stuck trying to fight everyone all at once just to do a job.
I hope this makes sense. Lol.
Thanks for any answers. :cool:

Escyos
11-17-2012, 05:31 PM
I've watched the PvP video and the Shadow Wars thing confuses me a bit. I have only played WoW and that was briefly. (6 months or so.) Here's my questions.
1) If I'm out doing quests, (either solo or co-op) what will stop some random guy from trying to kill me?
2) If I'm playing solo, (again questing) How will I know if there's a huge battle going on that I can join in that area?
3) Or how will I know when an arkfall happens? Does it teleport me there? If I'm in a party, can we all go to it?
4) If I do want to play PvP with my buddies, does it let me know when they're starting a game and automatically take me to that map?
5) Will the mission system be the same on the 360? (That's what I'll be playing it on.)

I'm just curious how well this will transition from solo to PvP to co-op. I don't want to be playing quests and all of a sudden come into some huge battle where I need to complete a mission at, and then be stuck trying to fight everyone all at once just to do a job.
I hope this makes sense. Lol.
Thanks for any answers. :cool:

From what I understand:
1. You have to actually take part in fights like other games or else you can't go around killing one another.
2. I think that an icon shows up on the map indicating a large fight.
3. The sky gets dark and you get notified of it happening.
4. Not sure about if you can get automatic notification of friends playing and I have heard nothing of any kind of instant teleportation.
5. I assume they are making it all the same.

RexxDoom
11-17-2012, 06:12 PM
Thanks for the answers. So on arkfalls do you travel to them? How many people can be there? I assume there's a limit. And can you keep a group that you were questing with together (i.e. party. guild, etc.) and participate in them or PvP?

Escyos
11-18-2012, 12:47 AM
Thanks for the answers. So on arkfalls do you travel to them? How many people can be there? I assume there's a limit. And can you keep a group that you were questing with together (i.e. party. guild, etc.) and participate in them or PvP?

Well we've only seen a small fraction of the game which all seemed to start in an area with an arkfall happening, so I'm not sure about what you do when out in the world and are notified of an arkfall. Maybe there are multiple arkfalls happening (I mean its stuff falling out of orbit, its not like it will all fall in one place.) so you don't get 1000 people showing up at one place.

vampero
11-18-2012, 03:50 AM

Artfalls are just like in Rift they pop up all over the world from what I saw in a game play video. You will be able to keep going and play together for sure !

Darktide
11-19-2012, 05:20 AM
Producers and Game Makers take note : We are getting confused so just open the Beta and all our questions will be answered !!!!!!
LOL

Jenbuu
11-19-2012, 07:22 AM
Arkfalls arnt instanced by the looks of it, so it will be in the open world. so i assume there isn't going to be a player cap for them.

havent seen much about groups but i would think you would have your own group in pvp and pve