PDA

View Full Version : weapon damaged reduced

Buldog
04-16-2013, 07:25 AM
Really? you`re catering to the pvp mob again.....**** the pve guys, by reducing the damaged of weapons( shotgun in particular) your screwing over the pve and co-op players,mobs are hard enough to kill when you solo, now the weapons will do even less damaged.

Catering to pvp complainers will screw the game over..Like it did in Wow and Lotro etc.

Well done.

Rage against this all you want Fanboys,you know they ****ed up this time.

DeMoted
04-16-2013, 07:26 AM
eL Oh eL :cool:
Your tears are delicious.

Another
04-16-2013, 07:27 AM
Really? you`re catering to the pvp mob again.....**** the pve guys by reduce tha damaged of weapons( shotgun in particular your screwing over the pve and co-op players,mobs are hard enough to kill when you solo now the weapons will do even less damaged.

Catering to pvp complainers with screw the game over..Like it did in Wow and Lotro etc.

Well done.

Rage against this all you want Fanboys,you know they ****ed up this time.

Only person that's raging atm is you. Kick rocks and get lost if you don't like it. It's a video game.

=). Nice OG Name btw

Lyokira
04-16-2013, 07:33 AM
Which weapons are you referring to? Other than infectors (and maybe the lobbers too), all the weapons adjusted are adjusted for a good reason.

1) Sawed off shotguns: My sticky nade sawed off shotgun deals 1919x2 damage per shot, AoE. That's rather high.
2) Cluster launchers are overpowered compared to non-cluster launchers.
3) Northstar has 1000 base damage, which is much higher than other non-sticky grenade launcher type guns (with the exception of sawed off shotguns, see above). It also has a whopping 2.5x crit, which no other AoE weapon have, and larger than most other guns for the matter. Along with it's massive DoT (comparable to pyro grenades), it's rather high.

Sceles
04-16-2013, 07:38 AM
Not to mention it's stealth that needs fixing, not shotguns. I hope Trion will realize this sooner or later.

Schwa
04-16-2013, 07:39 AM
PVE is a joke at the moment. Even with the nerfs you'll still be able to complete the content just fine with the nerfed weapons.

DeMoted
04-16-2013, 07:40 AM
Not to mention it's stealth that needs fixing, not shotguns. I hope Trion will realize this sooner or later.

Actually it is you that needs fixing. Don't try to change the game around your skill level b.c then we would all be shooting bunnies in a field.

Cutlass Jack
04-16-2013, 07:41 AM

Ironic, considering it was PvP tears that caused the change. Those ones are yummier.

At the OP, we don't really know the numbers yet. Might not be that big a deal.

Man With No Name
04-16-2013, 07:42 AM
Woot! Cannot wait to try out PvP with the infector nerf.

Erei
04-16-2013, 07:55 AM
PVE :
Infector were BS before the patch. Nerfed, or not, they are bad, so it doesn't really matter. If you used it before, it wasn't because it was powerful. More or less range won't change that.
Sawn off shotgun were situational, and I'm sure they'll be the same, just a little less.
Northstar, I don't know.

DeMoted
04-16-2013, 07:57 AM
PVE :
Infector were BS before the patch. Nerfed, or not, they are bad, so it doesn't really matter. If you used it before, it wasn't because it was powerful. More or less range won't change that.
Sawn off shotgun were situational, and I'm sure they'll be the same, just a little less.
Northstar, I don't know.
I think you just don't understand the weapons.

Rikishi
04-16-2013, 07:57 AM
Personally I do not like nerfs, I would rather buff other things to compensate, not reduce power. Nerfs are never fun.

mcwjimbo
04-16-2013, 07:58 AM

stealth does not need fixing

the game offers a very simple way to counter = spec with decoy and the perk to uncloak people using decoy

Sceles
04-16-2013, 08:06 AM
Actually it is you that needs fixing. Don't try to change the game around your skill level b.c then we would all be shooting bunnies in a field.
Unfortunately this game doesn't have bunnies. :(

Anyway, nerfing stealth would only make PvP more skill based, so I don't quite get what you mean.

It also would not have to affect PvE at all because PvE and PvP stealth mechanics are already separate.

Something I said in another thread:

improve stealth so that it does not make players within 10-15 meters completely invisible, only very transparent(in-game format, equals to about 5-7m IRL).

stealth does not need fixing

the game offers a very simple way to counter = spec with decoy and the perk to uncloak people using decoy
Decoy has very limited range so it cannot be just randomly thrown anywhere. It's good against enemies who manage to cloak when you're after them, but it cannot do anything against those who use stealth for surprise attacks, which is basically what everyone does.