PDA

View Full Version : Sensoths

Yehlan
04-16-2013, 07:30 AM
I am going to preface this by saying the moment I saw Torc I immediately knew I wanted to play a Sensoth, I did not even care if that meant restarting from scratch since I also do not like having multiple characters and I like using the name I use for my main character so ultimately I would restart. I am currently at 1600 ego rating which does take a significant amount of time to get and I do not expect them to be put into the game any time soon so it will be a bigger time loss to do so which is fine.

Before the show I was super excited to check out the Sensoths and I knew it was unlikely they would have a big roll in the first episode but I really wanted to check out how they looked and there attitude. What I did not realise is that Torc and the Sensoths in the show look nothing alike and apparently we have Sensoths on earth right now hiding in our forests.
Every other race in the show visually looked great and very well done in keeping to how they also look in the game, even the liberata looked recognizable to someone of Verus's race. I am not sure why it was done this way but I found Torc and the Sensoths in the show unrecognizable to each other as the facial structure, skin tone, and other general features had no similarity unlike the other races including the liberata which was easy to tell the similarity's. It would be nice to get some serious explanation for the divergence in which I could assume some but would like to know the official reasoning behind, or a change of Torc to better represents a member of his species.

Official image of Torc: https://www.defiance.com/en/game/environment/characters/

Official image of show Sensoth: http://www.defiance.com/en/series/world-of-2046/aliens/sensoth

I am definitely disappointed by this and it has most definitely detracted from not only the enjoyment of the game but also the enjoyment of the show less because either has less value but rather becomes the hype I created for myself has been destroyed. I understand others will not see this as a big deal and my watching the show or playing this game will not be changed by this disappointment. But I will say this has most definitely affected my excitement and enthusiasm for the game and will reduce my involvement within the community in regards to it.

I doubt there will be an explanation on why the difference exists but I will end this with I do love the game and the show is looking great so please Trion and Syfy keep up the fantastic work.

Shima
04-16-2013, 07:33 AM
I dunno one to me looks like an in shape sensoth (ex-soldier) and one just looks...old and fat.

Unless every single sensoth in the show looks identical to that guy I'm not sure I'd cry foul just yet. They could have as different appearances (based on lifestyle) as humans.

Ensu
04-16-2013, 07:40 AM
In the same show you see slim Castithan, old and wrinkly Castithan, supermodel Castithan and huge be-dreadlocked muscular fighter Castithan. I imagine we'll see more Sensoth shapes on the tv series.

Munx
04-16-2013, 07:43 AM
I only want them to add sensoths if they give them a PROPER beerbelly like the sensoth male with the dog in the first episode.

Mynx
04-16-2013, 07:46 AM
I am going to preface this by saying the moment I saw Torc I immediately knew I wanted to play a Sensoth, I did not even care if that meant restarting from scratch since I also do not like having multiple characters and I like using the name I use for my main character so ultimately I would restart. I am currently at 1600 ego rating which does take a significant amount of time to get and I do not expect them to be put into the game any time soon so it will be a bigger time loss to do so which is fine.

Before the show I was super excited to check out the Sensoths and I knew it was unlikely they would have a big roll in the first episode but I really wanted to check out how they looked and there attitude. What I did not realise is that Torc and the Sensoths in the show look nothing alike and apparently we have Sensoths on earth right now hiding in our forests.
Every other race in the show visually looked great and very well done in keeping to how they also look in the game, even the liberata looked recognizable to someone of Verus's race. I am not sure why it was done this way but I found Torc and the Sensoths in the show unrecognizable to each other as the facial structure, skin tone, and other general features had no similarity unlike the other races including the liberata which was easy to tell the similarity's. It would be nice to get some serious explanation for the divergence in which I could assume some but would like to know the official reasoning behind, or a change of Torc to better represents a member of his species.

Official image of Torc: https://www.defiance.com/en/game/environment/characters/

Official image of show Sensoth: http://www.defiance.com/en/series/world-of-2046/aliens/sensoth

I am definitely disappointed by this and it has most definitely detracted from not only the enjoyment of the game but also the enjoyment of the show less because either has less value but rather becomes the hype I created for myself has been destroyed. I understand others will not see this as a big deal and my watching the show or playing this game will not be changed by this disappointment. But I will say this has most definitely affected my excitement and enthusiasm for the game and will reduce my involvement within the community in regards to it.

I doubt there will be an explanation on why the difference exists but I will end this with I do love the game and the show is looking great so please Trion and Syfy keep up the fantastic work.

so you overexcited yourself about defiance and because 1 species dont exactly look how they do in the game you are complaining ? are you telling me this 1 thing is ruining the whole experience for you ?

get over yourself

the sensoth from the look in the series just looks a bit more chunky and butch than the skinny chimp like sensoth in the game.
next you will be complaining that the series dont have a level up system or crosshairs x.x

Beck
04-16-2013, 09:37 PM
I agree the difference is very noticeable. I would suggest that Torc is potentially a Half-Breed of some type, be it Human/Casti or irathien as it seems possible that species can interbreed when the question about Irisa's lineage was brought up. Torc also looks very different from the raider tanks as well which tells me the possibility is strong that someone at some time did the thing Cooper wants to do the second least.

Reiter
04-17-2013, 07:42 AM
Pro-tip: Don't waste your time re-leveling another "race" unless you really want to. In this game, race has about as much difference as level...aka the Irath male is no different then the human male or the female versions other then graphics AKA skin on the model. Its not like a particular race gets special abilities...which none do, to recap even further: Archtype, Race, and Sex of Character have no meaning except what you want to look at.

Ensu
04-17-2013, 07:47 AM
Pro-tip: Don't waste your time re-leveling another "race" unless you really want to. In this game, race has about as much difference as level...aka the Irath male is no different then the human male or the female versions other then graphics AKA skin on the model. Its not like a particular race gets special abilities...which none do, to recap even further: Archtype, Race, and Sex of Character have no meaning except what you want to look at.

I'll be rerolling Castithan if they release that race. I haven't been going all out grinding and burnt myself out. I'll be quite happy to start from scratch again.

Shima
04-17-2013, 07:51 AM
I'll be rerolling Castithan if they release that race. I haven't been going all out grinding and burnt myself out. I'll be quite happy to start from scratch again.

Yea I hope the race isn't Castithan for that very reason - I'd be rerolling :P