PDA

View Full Version : thoughts on the show?/question needs answering

SgtScR3aM21
04-16-2013, 07:41 AM
i thought the show was interesting and could turn out to be a great series , only thing i noticed was some CGI blemishes. i will def. keep watching the show. What did you guys think of the show?

Now for my question , during the episode last night i noticed this young black man trying to step-up to lawkeeper , im assuming its the older black lawkeeper from the game , so is the show set in the future or is the show just back tracking to give you some back story?

Duckphone
04-16-2013, 07:55 AM
I absolutely LOVED what I saw with the show. Some of the CGIs are a bit cringe worthy though. I'll definitely be watching, I believe the show/game thing will work out great especially with season 2.

No, the shows deputy was a completely different character. The show and game are very likely less than a month apart. The middle of the games mission storyline takes place before the opening events of the show.

SgtScR3aM21
04-16-2013, 08:28 AM
hmmm ok , thanks. the beginning was like the beginning of the game but then it veered off so i thought it was giving back story. i just need to go back and watch the episode again i didnt even see von bach at the end , i was intoxicated and it was late.

lundwooder
04-16-2013, 08:50 AM
hmmm ok , thanks. the beginning was like the beginning of the game but then it veered off so i thought it was giving back story. i just need to go back and watch the episode again i didnt even see von bach at the end , i was intoxicated and it was late.

Where was von Bach? All I saw at the end was the old mayor and some dude with dark hair

SgtScR3aM21
04-16-2013, 08:56 AM
some1 at work said at the every end the old mayor called that dude von bach , any confirmation?

lundwooder
04-16-2013, 09:11 AM
some1 at work said at the every end the old mayor called that dude von bach , any confirmation?

I don't know for sure, I watched it online on my iPad and the sound wasn't that great but ill be watching again tonight on tv just for that part, I'm pretty sure he had long hair but I was a little intoxicated

SgtScR3aM21
04-16-2013, 09:13 AM
as was i , lol he was saying it was a younger von bach , just like i was thinking the young black deputy was the younger version of the lawkeeper from the game. so it made sense

lundwooder
04-16-2013, 09:21 AM
as was i , lol he was saying it was a younger von bach , just like i was thinking the young black deputy was the younger version of the lawkeeper from the game. so it made sense

Damn it I was looking for von Bach through the whole episode and it turns out I missed him lol ill have to stay sober tonight (unfortunately)

SgtScR3aM21
04-16-2013, 09:26 AM
girlfriend is pmsing right now so i wont be staying sober tonight lol cant deal with the **** sober

wilks
04-16-2013, 09:32 AM
Yea a few cgi issues that make it look like your watching a game. But it was more than made up for by the great creature and vehicle design. And the live actors makeup and the live sets are stunning. I think they could easily do another pass on the cgi if they wanted to and get those textures looking more photo-realistic.

SgtScR3aM21
04-16-2013, 09:35 AM
after talking more and more about this show , i realized i really liked it and i cant wait for next mondays episode to see where its gonna go , with that little bastard alok tarr. ugh i hate the emo/grunge look.

Shogo_Yahagi
04-16-2013, 10:59 AM
i thought the show was interesting and could turn out to be a great series , only thing i noticed was some CGI blemishes. i will def. keep watching the show. What did you guys think of the show?

Now for my question , during the episode last night i noticed this young black man trying to step-up to lawkeeper , im assuming its the older black lawkeeper from the game , so is the show set in the future or is the show just back tracking to give you some back story?

That's not the guy from the game (Cooper). The two are happening simultaneously.

Irres169
04-16-2013, 11:04 AM
WTF was up with the hellbugs? Those looked like Ewoks on steroids wearing highheels?? OR were those not hellbugs?
Other than that I think the show had good production value.
The writing is a little weak though.

Indifferntcolor
04-16-2013, 11:09 AM
Ok let me straighten things out, the game starts with Nolan in the bay area before the first episode of the show. That crystal that he has he got from the arkfall you complete with him as part of an episode mission. the first episode i assume takes place at least a week after the last episode mission in the game.

Indifferntcolor
04-16-2013, 11:11 AM
and to answer the statement about the creatures Nolan fought, they weren't hellbugs, it was another creature entirely. i assume hellbugs are more populated on the west coast area more towards the ocean

Leohopefull2011
04-16-2013, 11:21 AM
and to answer the statement about the creatures Nolan fought, they weren't hellbugs, it was another creature entirely. i assume hellbugs are more populated on the west coast area more towards the ocean

They looked more like a bug wolf hybrid caused by the terraforming... kinda like the pows... You know pows sound awesome bacon already on the hamburger... lol

Indifferntcolor
04-16-2013, 11:23 AM
They looked more like a bug wolf hybrid caused by the terraforming... kinda like the pows... You know pows sound awesome bacon already on the hamburger... lol

yea, i forget what exactly Nolan called them but it sure wasnt hellbug

cusman
04-16-2013, 11:29 AM

The young black man stepping up to potentially be lawkeeper in the TV-Show is unrelated to the black lawkeeper character in the game. The black lawkeeper in the game is one of the Defiant Few (just like Nolan).

The TV-Show and Game share the same timeline... in the Game you actually help Nolan get that Crystal that he uses to get that Sphere thingy in the first episode.

Irres169
04-16-2013, 11:39 AM
ok, good to know.
I can't wait to kill me some steroid ewoks in high heels :D

SgtScR3aM21
04-16-2013, 12:08 PM
ok so where is this defiance city in the game? (where the mayor and eveyrone was that got attacked)

Indifferntcolor
04-16-2013, 12:14 PM
ok so where is this defiance city in the game? (where the mayor and eveyrone was that got attacked)

The game takes place on the west coast in San Fransisco, the city in the show is what used to be St. Louis

SgtScR3aM21
04-16-2013, 12:22 PM
OH OK! makes way more sense why the black guys arent the same people now , thank u , its 2 different cities. im in line now , thank you for all the replies

Emo Panther
04-16-2013, 12:48 PM
The Black Man stepping up to be Lawkeeper was Clancy's Deputy. The old lawkeeper saved him from a "dark part" in his life.

The man at the end talking to the Old Mayor, was referred to as "Mr. Berch/Burch" (w/e variation of the name it is).

The Bigass Furry Things in the Forest weren't Hellbugs. They are one of the new forms of animal life located on the planet after the Terraforming from what i understand.

Maldrix
04-16-2013, 01:05 PM
It was pretty good, I liked the little spark of joy I got when he pulled out that crystal and I realized that I had helped him get it.
The story and characters were interesting, I am looking forward to seeing more of Irisa, she just seems so bloody erratic in the way she acts and I'm HOPING its good character design and she isn't just an *** be an ***.
I would of thought Nolan would get more respect as one of the Defiant Few, even if it has been years, yet no one seemed to care.