PDA

View Full Version : Game error after update...

pete
04-16-2013, 07:47 AM
After the patch goto load the game and error screen pops up.

As follows.
The game couldn't start. Try downloading the game again. For more help, visit www.xbox.com/support

ShadowStrider 7
04-16-2013, 07:49 AM
After the patch goto load the game and error screen pops up.

As follows.
The game couldn't start. Try downloading the game again. For more help, visit www.xbox.com/support

Dashboard and re-launch. Worked for me, however the servers are still down, so you won't be playing yet.

S7YLEE
04-16-2013, 07:50 AM
yep got the same thing http://gyazo.com/383791f3c9bd19a1227b6e3e8086d13b.png?1366123667

lukiemia
04-16-2013, 07:50 AM
Same here
If the solution is to re download the game I think ill re download it to eb and get a different game.
I love this game, a lot but I think im almost at the point where I trade since I only have a few hours in the morning to play a game bbut cant since it barely works.

Atom
04-16-2013, 07:51 AM
I just finished patching and now the game gives this message:

Game Error - The game couldn't start.

It was working this morning before the patch.. Now it is not..... I rebooted my console issue persists

Kapt
04-16-2013, 07:52 AM
Dashboard and re-launch. Worked for me, however the servers are still down, so you won't be playing yet.

I have same problem:
1) After patch dwnld; game error; back to dashboard
2) re load from dashboard; same error
3) On/Off 360; reloaded game; same Game error mssge.

WTF? lol

....after posting this I see 4 more posts same issue. Just glad its not me,myself, and I only having this prob.

Dread Hunter
04-16-2013, 07:53 AM
Same exact problem, good job trion. As much as i love this game this is just terrible.

ShadowStrider 7
04-16-2013, 07:54 AM
I have same problem:
1) After patch dwnld; game error; back to dashboard
2) re load from dashboard; same error
3) On/Off 360; reloaded game; same Game error mssge.

WTF? lol

Not sure. I simply re-launched and it works, but it's telling me that the server is currently unavailable, which they are. Everyone needs to reach down, grab hold and be a man. Trion will sort this out, it just takes time.

FUBAR2208
04-16-2013, 07:54 AM
Help, me too!

WarSkins
04-16-2013, 07:55 AM
And the adventure continues... to irritate. Same as above but i hope for the best. Maybe ill be able to play consistently in a few weeks? I've never been a big MMO player, so is this normal for this game type?

ShadowStrider 7
04-16-2013, 07:59 AM
And the adventure continues... to irritate. Same as above but i hope for the best. Maybe ill be able to play consistently in a few weeks? I've never been a big MMO player, so is this normal for this game type?

Yes. It's normal. The only thing that's NOT normal is the superhuman speed at which Trion delivers patches and information. Trion is doing exceptionally well with keeping us well informed and the game up-to-date.

Kayel DarkHeart
04-16-2013, 08:00 AM
Patch 1.010: sharks is it the cause for the error pop-up?

bikditi
04-16-2013, 08:01 AM
Not sure. I simply re-launched and it works, but it's telling me that the server is currently unavailable, which they are. Everyone needs to reach down, grab hold and be a man. Trion will sort this out, it just takes time.
Really? Frack off man we paid to play and I understand updates at 8-9 but come on.

ShadowStrider 7
04-16-2013, 08:05 AM
Really? Frack off man we paid to play and I understand updates at 8-9 but come on.

I probably paid more than anyone (buying 2UEs and 1 Standard PC version) here and I'm not running around with my d*ck cut off whining about how Trion doesn't spoon-feed me when I'm upset about the game not working. I apologize for my semi-rash comments, but you all seriously need to relax. Your game is NOT broken. This is probably just an error and when the servers go back online, you'll more than likely be able to log right on.

Edited to add update

DEFIANCEGame ‏@DefianceGame 4m

We're aware of Xbox Patch errors - we're extending Xbox downtime by one hour.

reaper22630
08-24-2013, 08:37 PM
on defiance the new patch notes u guys just put in the game to download,it will get to the last patch note of downloading and then a small window pops up and says critial patch error,and and i click ok then it takes me back to the main menu and i try again and again and so on just to keep getting the same ******** over and over,,i have deleted my cach folders and iahve unhooked my internet box and restarted it and the same **** again,im sorry i', just getting really pissed